Author Topic: Dorian Yates kicks Ronnie's ass Hulkster is a punk Bitch and fuck any truce  (Read 3167862 times)

suckmymuscle

Re: Hulkster I'm calling for a Truce
« Reply #8500 on: August 21, 2006, 10:05:52 PM »
Where do you start amidst the babbling? I think this one covers all others:

SUCKY pins his self-esteem on those nonsensical posts? ::)

To the unintelligent, everything is non-sensical... ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #8501 on: August 21, 2006, 10:19:01 PM »
Well, these pics you posted are from Dorian 1993. I think he was better in 1995, so this comparsison means nothing to me. in 1995, he brought the same density, balance and conditioning that the had in 1993, but with an added bonus: superior striations and separations from head to toe.

Dorian in 95 did not have the same conditioning he presented in 93. He did not have super striations and separations. In fact, you are out of your mind. ;D

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8502 on: August 21, 2006, 10:20:04 PM »
see, these are the sort of inaccuracies I was talking about - Dorian's chest was NEVER EVER IN A MILLION YEARS more striated than THIS (ronnie at 249 pounds):

Oh, but you're dead wrong about this! Dorian's chest, at 257 lbs, was much, much thicker than Ronnie's, and he had cross-striations all over them! Ronnie's chest only surpassed Dorian's in 2003. Get over it. See the first pic below. Do you see those little horizontal lines crossing Dorian's chest? Those are called striations. Repeat after me: S-T-R-I-A-T-I-O-N-S. ;)

your posts are FULL of these sorts of blantant inaccuries because you do not use pics and videos when you makes these sorts of comments. If you did, you would see that you are wrong.

Well, I've posted some 40 different pics showing Ronnie's distension from both 2003 and 2004, so your point is mute. Funny that I've actually posted more pics than you, throughout the thread, to substantiate what I say, yet you acuse me of not posting enough pics to support my posts with evidence. ::)

Same can be said for the serratus:

Ronnie's entire midsection, inluding the serratus, never looked as good as Dorian's in the second pic. And take into consideration that this shot is from the 1996 Olympia, when Dorian was 6 lbs heavier than Ronnie in 1998... ;)

Same for you comments about Ronnie's front delts:

Now, you don't want to go post those pics of Ronnie's calves I've got, now do you? ;D ;)

if I took the time to disect all of your superlong posts, you would be made to look like a fool.

Actually, I think that, by replying to my posts, you've just made a fool out of yourself. ;D ::)

This is but a small sampling of what I could do.. :)

I'm still waiting for that. I haven't seen shit from you, yet. The "small sampling" was small to the point of being invisible. Try again... ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8503 on: August 21, 2006, 10:35:13 PM »
Dorian in 95 did not have the same conditioning he presented in 93. He did not have super striations and separations. In fact, you are out of your mind. ;D

you sure those are from 95?  it looks like they are from 96.

at the 95 Olympia, i think they had flags in the background of the past mr. olympias. 

notice the background.
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8504 on: August 21, 2006, 10:37:44 PM »
Pobrecito, good point.  Ronnie 2003 was lights out for anybody.  Size, shape and conditioning.  The man was sick.  He was not as tapered as 1999, but man he had about 30 pounds more muscle.  Nobody has come close to his muscularity.  Only Ruhl and Nasser are even playing in the same ballpark.  Ronnie was a freak then.  In 2004, he was even bigger but softer.  In 2005, he was hard as nails.  IceCold, Ronnie could have taken Dorian in 1999.  It would have been a battle, but it could go either way.  Turn it around, the only year Yates could have conceivably taken out an on Ronnie is 1993.  1992/1994/1996 and 1997 are obvious no goes.  In 1995, he was cut, dry and in shape but his arm was torn.  He would have gotten slaughtered in the symmetry and muscularity rounds (if compared to Ronnie circa 2003).  In 1993 it would have been a very good battle; even Ronnie 2003 would not have walked in a romp.  I feel it could have gone Yate's way if the judges were looking for that look; however, I doubt it (IMO).  It would be hard to deny the sheer muscularity and shape of Ronnie that year.  Regardless, they are definitely the two top BB of the last 16 years (at least since Haney retired). Flex, Levrone and Ray are the next tier.

thank you.  that's all i've ever said and tried to prove.  but according to hulkster and pumpster yates is overrated and a tier b olympian. 

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8505 on: August 21, 2006, 10:38:55 PM »
a shot of yates' taper.

nice shot of coleman here.

http://www.bodybuildbid.com/articles/mrolympia/imgs/2002pics/colem3.html

suckmymuscle

« Reply #8506 on: August 21, 2006, 11:03:17 PM »
]Sucky, I enjoyed our discussion about "great men" and kind of get your point.  I don't necessarily agree with it, but I do respect your opinion.

It is not a matter of opinion. My "opinion" was that, when evaluting the merits nd demerits of things/actions/people, Humans are naturally deterministic and selfish.

Now for Ronnie vs Dorian.  What I have tried to emphasize to you numerous times is that I agree in general about your assessment of Dorian in 1993 (maybe 1995, but the torn bicep ruins it for me).

What about Ronnie in all of his years? Dorian lacked one biceps in 1995; Ronnie lacked two calves. ;D

The man was a damned stallion in 1993.  No question, he had it all.  Size, shape and density.  Now, if you had to be critical, he could have more separation and probably be more vascular.

I don't think Dorian ws at his best in 1993, exactly because his separations weren't that good. 1995 was the year Dorian's muscularity, density and balance were coparable to 1993, but his upper back separations and hams/glutes were at their best. Vascularity: I don't like it. It's a matter of taste and it certainly not part of a bodybuilding criteria, so to hell with vascularity!

Gunther was not too vascular; he had a varicosity that looked abnormal and disgusting; thus, he had it surgically removed.  Vascularity if not overly done is definitely a plus as it shows true conditioning.

Matter o taste. It must be said, however, that vascularity is one of the hallmarks of amateur bodybuilders, and that the pros have always considered it a negative.

Veins criss-crossing the arms and chest that are not unsightly are a plus.  I agree that varicosities are a negative and detrimental to the overall effect.  
Now, comparing Dorian 1993 to Ronnie 1999 would have been tough.  Ronnie had fuller muscle bellies with smaller joints and a smaller waist.  I agree that his waist and calves were lacking, but his overall shape was excellent.  Dorian had him in conditioning and density.  Was he bigger, that is debateable.

Both Dorian and Ronnie were 257 lbs in the respective years. The thing is that Dorian had greater muscularity, because he ws so much dryer. Dorian ws even dryer than the 1998 Ronnie, and let me tell you that both Peter McGough and John Romano remarked that the added weight decreased his sharpness. So, here we have a situation where Dorian takes Ronnie out in both muscularity and conditioning. As far as balane goes, I think Dorian also takes him out. Ronnie, though, hd better taper. But Dorian had a flatter stomah and better abdominal and serratus separations than Ronnie. Here's how the mandatories would go:

Abs-and-thighs - Dorian has the better abdominal separations and serratus, but Ronnie hs sightly better taper - in 1998, he had much better taper! Ronnie's front quads show more cuts, but Dorian's quads are thicker than Ronnie's when they're around the same weight. Dorian takes it.

Front Double biceps - Ronnie wins it, on virtue of better biceps and tapper alone.

Front lat spread - Dorian flat out takes it. His waist is almost as tiny as Ronnie's, but his lat flare is far more dramatic.

Back double biceps - They tie. Ronnie has the better biceps. But Dorian's upper back is just as separated as that of the 1999 Coleman. Now, where Dorian really takes Ronnie out is in that his lats are both thicker and wider than Ronnie's when they're both at this weight, and Dorian has a much thicker christmas-tree. His hams and glutes are just as strited as Coleman's, with the differene that Dorian has calves.

Rear lat spread - This is very simple: Dorian wins. His lts simply spreads much wider than tht of the 1999 Coleman - hell, Dorian's lat spread is a match even for the 2003 Ronnie, let alone his smaller 1999 version. His glutes and hams are thicker than Ronnie's at that weight, and are also more striated. Oh, and Dorian has calves! ;)

Side chest - Debatable. I( do think Dorian's chest, at 257 lbs, is thicker than Coleman's, but the latter's is robably more striated.

Side triceps - Dorian's triceps were thicker and with superior genetic shape than Ronnie's, so it's a no-brainer.

As you can see, the 1993 and 1995 Dorian flat out destroys the 1999 Ronnie in everything except taper, front quad and upper back details.

However, I believe the winner in that mythical battle could have gone either way.  If the IFBB judges were looking for conditioning and density, they may have gone with Dorian.  If they were looking for the bodybuilder with fuller muscles and more pop, they may have gone for Ronnie.  However, either way it would have been damn close.  Remember, this is a hypothetical battle assuming the judging panel was not biased (i.e. 1997 and 2001) and had no inherent predispositions to where each athlete deserved to place.  Thus, it would have been a very good contest.

Agreed that it would be a fantstic contest; but I think that, at the end, Dorian's superior muscularity and midsection would ti the scales in his favor - Ronnie already had some gut distesnsion in 1999, and his abdominals and serrtus were never as etched as Dorian. But yes, you're right that it could go either way: Ronnie did look incredible in 1999 - although I prefer him in 1998, when he was super-dry.

Moving on to Ronnie 2003.  I absolutely agree that he lost some of his taper.  However, his overall size and conditioning was dazzling.  Nobody before or since has presented such a muscular package on stage.  Comparing Ronnie to Dorian in this case could be equated to comparing Dorian 1993 to Flex.

I think the comparison is weak, because Flex never had the iron-dense quality of muscle that Dorian had, and Dorian possesed enough mass in the key areas, suh as chest and back, to hold his own against any version of Coleman, including his 2003 rendition form.

But yeah, I do agree that, if the 1993 or 1995 Dorian were to ste onstage against the 2003 Ronnie, he would get defeated in muscularity alone. This despite the fact that Dorian's usles were still harder. And this despite the fact that Ronnie would lose the symmetry round, due to his monster distended gut with little abdominal separation, when compared to Dorian's washboard abs and flat stomach at a super-hard 257 lbs. I do think the 2003 Ronnie would defeat Dorian on musularity alone, but if Dorian defeated a 280 lbs Fux and a 285 lbs Nasser - as he did -, you have to entertain the possibility that there is small chance he would edge out the 2003 Ronnie. Unlikely given the modern girth-is-all-that-counts mentality that rules pro bodybuilding nowadays, but possible. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #8507 on: August 21, 2006, 11:20:11 PM »
You rant and rant and rant, without using pics or videos to form a basis for your rants...

What are you talking about? I've posted some 300 different pics throughout this thread...

When will it occur within the dim regions of SUCKY's delusions that at least half of his pics actually confirmed Coleman's dominance? Duh! ;D

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #8508 on: August 21, 2006, 11:24:58 PM »
you sure those are from 95?  it looks like they are from 96.

at the 95 Olympia, i think they had flags in the background of the past mr. olympias.

The 95 Mr. Olympia had a landscape painting in the background. It was also the same year they had all 9 Mr. Olympias (up until that point) onstage together. Here is proof.

http://www.ifbb.com/contestresults/mrolympia/index.html

At the 96 Olympia, they had flags with paintings on them of former Mr. Olympias.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #8509 on: August 22, 2006, 12:11:31 AM »
But yeah, I do agree that, if the 1993 or 1995 Dorian were to ste onstage against the 2003 Ronnie, he would get defeated in muscularity alone. This despite the fact that Dorian's usles were still harder. And this despite the fact that Ronnie would lose the symmetry round, due to his monster distended gut with little abdominal separation, when compared to Dorian's washboard abs and flat stomach at a super-hard 257 lbs. I do think the 2003 Ronnie would defeat Dorian on musularity alone, but if Dorian defeated a 280 lbs Fux and a 285 lbs Nasser - as he did -, you have to entertain the possibility that there is small chance he would edge out the 2003 Ronnie. Unlikely given the modern girth-is-all-that-counts mentality that rules pro bodybuilding nowadays, but possible.

Ronnie in 03 would defeat 95 Dorian in muscularity and symmetry. Dorian had a torn biceps and wide waist. I've always maintained that Ronnie's calves were a liability but unbalanced, asymmetrical biceps are WORSE than only unbalanced calves. Dorian's wide waist would also hurt him. His waist was wider than Ronnie's even though he weighed over 20 lbs less. Ronnie's weight advantage compensates for his gut, which he kept under control during pre-judging. Dorian also lost some of his trademark conditioning. He looked smooth from the front and his lower back wasn't crisp like 93. Ronnie's combination of muscularity, conditioning, and symmetry would beat Dorian.

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8510 on: August 22, 2006, 05:14:43 AM »
Sucky, thanks for the honest and well thought out reply.  That is the dude I gave props to before.  No hard feelings man.  I do enjoy your posts, and I guess this thread got under our skins and aspersions and name calling begun (earlier in the thread).  Regardless, have a great day all..Hulkster, Pumpster, Neo, Pobrecito, IceCole, Sucky and ND ( ??? ??? ???...where the hell is ND).  Fun thread guys.  Peace.

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8511 on: August 22, 2006, 10:24:50 AM »
When will it occur within the dim regions of SUCKY's delusions that at least half of his pics actually confirmed Coleman's dominance? Duh! ;D

dorian isnt even really flexing his lats.  look how far out coleman's arms are vs. dorian's.  the camera angel also helps.  no way are ronnie's calves the same size as dorian's.  even at his heaviest offeseaon weight. 

that shot of yates is from a photoshoot.  nice try. 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #8512 on: August 22, 2006, 02:19:13 PM »
some relevant pics:

Dorian's most muscular in his very best shape :-\

Ronnie's back in 2005:

still awesome after all these years 8)
Flower Boy Ran Away

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8513 on: August 22, 2006, 03:09:21 PM »
some relevant pics:

Dorian's most muscular in his very best shape :-\

Ronnie's back in 2005:

still awesome after all these years 8

ronnie's back has gotten worse ever year.  as he's gotten bigger he's lost a lot of seperation - like he had in 98.

sonny was underrated. 

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #8514 on: August 22, 2006, 05:53:31 PM »
You've seen the best of Dorian video, here's the best of Ronnie. He looked incredible in 99.

http://www.ironvideos.com/view_clip.php?id=32

willie mosconi

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8515 on: August 22, 2006, 07:15:05 PM »
okay, you guys have posted every picture and video of dorian and ronnie That has ever been made. Are you happy? Good. THEN LOCK THE FUCKING THREAD FOR ONCE AND FOR ALL!

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #8516 on: August 22, 2006, 10:28:23 PM »
Ronnie is better.
Dorian is better. I hope the clear, concise argument contained in this post has been helpful.
By the way Matt, im 6'2 and 7/16.

;D ;D

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #8517 on: August 23, 2006, 02:12:04 PM »
You've seen the best of Dorian video, here's the best of Ronnie. He looked incredible in 99.

http://www.ironvideos.com/view_clip.php?id=32

amazing stuff.

at around the 3:36 mark there is a great shot of his side chest (from 99) that puts an end to the silly argument that Dorian had a better side chest shot.

watch for it
Flower Boy Ran Away

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8518 on: August 23, 2006, 10:42:32 PM »
amazing stuff.

at around the 3:36 mark there is a great shot of his side chest (from 99) that puts an end to the silly argument that Dorian had a better side chest shot.

watch for it

coleman's side chest is one of the best ever.  yates is also damn good, but i think ronnie edges him out on it.

also, in the big picture from FLEX a few years back - ronnie said that dorian had the best side chest pose of all time. 

hmmm.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #8519 on: August 24, 2006, 03:28:58 AM »
amazing stuff.

watch for it
dude did you see that most muscular of ronnie in that video  when he was posing next to burke during the pose down of mr olympia 2001...that was freaky and people said coleman sucked in 2001...i think so coleman looked massive and he made burke look like a kid next to him...coleman did beat everyone fair and square that night..i only agree that his legs were a bit soft and thats it..the rest of coleman was freaky as hell..dude watch for that shot in the 2.51 mark...freaky as hell
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #8520 on: August 24, 2006, 03:31:33 AM »
amazing stuff.

watch for it
dude that was from 1998...that was fuckin awesome man...freaky as hell shot.everything was tight  and hard as nails.everything was just popping out..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

nicorulez

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8521 on: August 24, 2006, 04:41:01 AM »
News Flash....they both kick major ass.  After Ronnie retires, who is gonna take the mantle of awesome, huge Mr. Olympias?  My guess is Vic or Gunther.  Dex maybe, but he is not a mass freak.  Jay???  He doesn't seem to be improving much.  Getting larger, but his taper and symmetry is suffering.  Any opinions?

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #8522 on: August 24, 2006, 05:00:08 AM »
Jay would have to fumble big time to not be next in line, Jay is improving, he hasn't relly had a small wasit in along time but he's brought his back up alot over the last few years.
nasser=piece of shit

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #8523 on: August 24, 2006, 02:15:47 PM »
Breaking News:

I have just heard from the hospital that the surgeons were sucessful in removing ND's mouth from Dorian's dick.

More updates to cum come later...

:-*

ND seems conspicuously absent lately... hmmmm..

someone should check ironage.us
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #8524 on: August 24, 2006, 03:44:38 PM »
Breaking News:

I have just heard from the hospital that the surgeons were sucessful in removing ND's mouth from Dorian's dick.

More updates to cum come later...

:-*

ND seems conspicuously absent lately... hmmmm..

someone should check ironage.us

What would Frued say about this post? one wonders.