Author Topic: pullovers or dips  (Read 21638 times)

BallzDeep69

Re: pullovers or dips
« Reply #25 on: June 01, 2006, 09:55:57 PM »
It's over-hyped, for some who find it next to useless. Decline flys and dumbbell presses are great alternatives.

Barbell Bench presses, incline dumbell presses, and flat dumbell flyes work great for me.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #26 on: June 01, 2006, 09:58:53 PM »
bitch shut up...dips are worthless unless done on a bench with plates on your lap when done for triceps.   and pullovers are a shitty chest developer, and add tons of width to your front lat spread when done correctly

I actually agree with this kid.  Though I also think bench dips are a retarded, stupid exercise.

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
« Reply #27 on: June 01, 2006, 09:59:05 PM »
ronnie does machine dips for triceps, a totally diff muscle being worked

BallzDeep69

« Reply #28 on: June 01, 2006, 10:00:24 PM »
Ronnie does dips, but what the hell does he know?

True, he does occasionally does machine dips as one of his tricep exercises.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2006, 10:09:33 PM »
Hi Princess L, who are you referring to as clueless? Bast or Candidate?

I think Bast is old enough to realize he doesn't know everything.  8)
It's the 16 year olds who have it all figured out  ::)

Sorry  :-\
It's past my bedtime.
I was referring to C2025, our resident expert.

:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2006, 10:19:50 PM »
Let's get this straight once and for all
(sarcastic tone of voice)
 :P
Chest Dip for chest
Tricep Dip for triceps
:

BallzDeep69

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2006, 10:28:34 PM »
Those are both for triceps. ^

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2006, 10:37:04 PM »
Though I also think bench dips are a retarded, stupid exercise.

Bench dips were a big fave of Fox & Schwarzenegger; machine dips that are similar were/are faves of Dillet & Coleman. Definitely one of the best for tris, as good or better than close-grips yet different.

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2006, 10:38:45 PM »
not the leaning forward dips  :-\
follow the arrows

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #34 on: June 02, 2006, 04:31:18 AM »
Neither.

But Pullovers hit the inner pecs if done right.

So you have inner pecs ???

Serious note;
dips = compound excersise;
it hits triceps, chest and shoulders.

Pullovers,
shoulderwrecker,
but the funny thing is,
people who claim that they can't do behind the neck-press, love this excersise.
Pullover btw does jackshit,
it hits the abs, back, but it leaves the chest.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: June 02, 2006, 07:41:33 AM »
Never had any issues with pullovers and shoulder problems, none. Much more for lats than chest, agreed.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #36 on: June 02, 2006, 09:25:59 AM »

Serious note;
dips = compound exercise;

The concept of compound seems to elude some  ::)
:

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #37 on: June 02, 2006, 09:56:15 AM »
Ofcourse it hits the triceps also, but we're talking abt chest exercises here. Leaning forward dips, as opposed to tricep dips(on a parallel bar), hit the chest much better, and that was my point. Generally, the triceps are included as a 'synergist' muscle group when talking about "Leaning Forward" dips, even on the exrx site you are referring to: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/WtChestDip.html

;)
follow the arrows

FatGuy

• Getbig II
  • Man these weights are heavy!!!
« Reply #38 on: June 02, 2006, 10:01:14 AM »
I'm not an expert but I will add dips in at the end of my chest workout when my Tri's are still stronger that my chest and I can really feel it..if you want to work you Tri's more do the opposite do your dips when your chest is stronger than your tri's maybe at the end of an arm day or something...I believe its called pre-fatiguing... ???

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: June 02, 2006, 10:27:46 AM »
In regards to the topic....

dips > pullovers

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #40 on: June 02, 2006, 11:10:44 AM »
Ofcourse it hits the triceps also, but we're talking abt chest exercises here. Leaning forward dips, as opposed to tricep dips(on a parallel bar), hit the chest much better, and that was my point. Generally, the triceps are included as a 'synergist' muscle group when talking about "Leaning Forward" dips, even on the exrx site you are referring to: http://www.exrx.net/WeightExercises/PectoralSternal/WtChestDip.html

;)

Relax haider. 
I was agreeing with you.

:-*
:

BallzDeep69

« Reply #41 on: June 02, 2006, 04:16:17 PM »
Bench dips were a big fave of Fox & Schwarzenegger; machine dips that are similar were/are faves of Dillet & Coleman. Definitely one of the best for tris, as good or better than close-grips yet different.

Yeah and Arnold's tri's were his worst bodypart, and no they weren't Arnold's "Fav" whatsoever.  He always gave credit for what little tricep mass he had to skullcrushers.  He did bench dips for really high reps (20-25) at the end of his routine for a pump. 

Machine dips are good for the tris because you can manipulate the angle of pressing to where it is ALL tris.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #42 on: June 02, 2006, 04:18:10 PM »

I can lean foward to where I'm nearly horizontal and it is still a tricep exercise for me.  Even if I use a wide grip, I just feel it in my delts a little more but not my chest really at all.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #43 on: June 02, 2006, 04:20:21 PM »
So you have inner pecs ???

Serious note;
dips = compound excersise;

Pullovers,
shoulderwrecker,
but the funny thing is,
people who claim that they can't do behind the neck-press, love this excersise.
Pullover btw does jackshit,
it hits the abs, back, but it leaves the chest.

Yes, I have inner pecs or "chest cleavage".  You would too if you worked your chest effectively and from different angles.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #44 on: June 02, 2006, 04:23:24 PM »

The concept of compound seems to elude some  ::)

Dips are compound no doubt, but it doesn't isolate my chest worth a damn. 

My point seems to elude you.

The Bench press is a compound exercise that isolates my chest very well, without over-stimulating my delts and triceps like dips do.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: June 02, 2006, 06:08:25 PM »
Yeah and Arnold's tri's were his worst bodypart, and no they weren't Arnold's "Fav" whatsoever.

I luv the way you've left out Fox and bench dips. Dillet also loves a similar move, machine dips.

I said A fave of Schwarzenegger's, and they were. He NEVER said a particualar exercise was his favorite, so put aside the fiction. As far as his triceps, while they didn't match the bis they were actually pretty good sized, so you'd be wrong there too.. ;)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #46 on: June 02, 2006, 08:26:20 PM »

Dips are compound no doubt, but it doesn't isolate my chest worth a damn. 

My point seems to elude you.

You have made it very clear several times they don't work for YOU.  Fine. Of course, not everything works for everyone.  However, to claim the chest dip performed as depicted above is not a chest exercise goes against basic kinesiology.                       

btw ~ I wasn't even talking to you :-\

:

BallzDeep69

« Reply #47 on: June 02, 2006, 08:44:17 PM »
I luv the way you've left out Fox and bench dips. Dillet also loves a similar move, machine dips.

I said A fave of Schwarzenegger's, and they were. He NEVER said a particualar exercise was his favorite, so put aside the fiction. As far as his triceps, while they didn't match the bis they were actually pretty good sized, so you'd be wrong there too.. ;)

O.K. "pumpster". 

Why do you "luv" it so much? Weirdo.  Yeah I tend to leave out convicted, violent MURDERERS from my posts.  Besides, Bertil was a gentically freakish black man who would have grown monster tri's no matter what he did.

I don't know what playgirl mag you've been reading, but Arnold ALWAYS said skullcrushers were his favorite for tricep mass.  Fact.  He even said himself that his tri's were weak.  Compared to yours of course they are large!

So nope, I'm not wrong either way.  Sorry to have to bring your Uber internet ego down a notch.

BallzDeep69

« Reply #48 on: June 02, 2006, 08:52:23 PM »
You have made it very clear several times they don't work for YOU.  Fine. Of course, not everything works for everyone.  However, to claim the chest dip performed as depicted above is not a chest exercise goes against basic kinesiology.                      

btw ~ I wasn't even talking to you :-\

Everyone knows that "basic kinesiology" is very out-dated, that and I couldn't give 2 girls about what a book says about an exercise.  People have different structures and I don't think enough people's pecs respond to so called "chest dips" to warrant it a pec exercise.  Some swear by it, and that's fine.  Do what works for you.

If you weren't talking to me, then don't quote me then go and make snide remarks below it. 

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: June 02, 2006, 09:48:48 PM »
O.K. "pumpster". 

Why do you "luv" it so much? Weirdo.  Yeah I tend to leave out convicted, violent MURDERERS from my posts.  Besides, Bertil was a gentically freakish black man who would have grown monster tri's no matter what he did.

"Balls" confirming both SERIOUS anger-management issues and big-time know-all attitude.
hahahahhahahahhahahahhah aha