Author Topic: Max-OT  (Read 12931 times)

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
Re: Max-OT
« Reply #50 on: July 10, 2007, 12:25:20 PM »
Tried this workout for a week.. I just couldnt stand walking out the gym feeling like I barely got a workout.. Im sure it works.. Im just a person who enjoys being in the gym for hours and really feeling the workout... Hedge always seems to know what he's talking about.. He has great advice... Good luck to the rest of yall..

so let me get this straight.  You went to the gym and did about 3 movements, 2-3 sets each with a weight you could only get 4-6 reps with and you didn't feel like you did anything?  You sure you were lifting the heaviest weight possible for 4-6 reps and not the weight you "thought" you could move for 4-6 reps?
nasser=piece of shit

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #51 on: July 19, 2007, 12:03:29 PM »
skip lacour's thoughts on strict form:
http://www.ast-ss.com/articles/article.asp?AID=255

Noted...  I tried some more aggressive form this last week and was suprised with the stimulation I got from a little swing...haha.  More importantly I was able to use mildy heavier weights, I think this is the key.  Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't read that article before.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: July 19, 2007, 12:43:17 PM »
Noted...  I tried some more aggressive form this last week and was suprised with the stimulation I got from a little swing...haha.  More importantly I was able to use mildy heavier weights, I think this is the key.  Thanks for the heads up, I hadn't read that article before.

lots of great articles on the ast site, there's a journal that willet kept for awhile getting ready for a show, very interesting read, it gets a little boring for awhile in the middle but overall it's pretty good.
nasser=piece of shit

buffbong

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: July 29, 2007, 11:24:23 AM »
all programs can work but max ot is a good idea of doing low sets with heavy wieght and trying to avoid regular programs of burning out.  i personaly dont follow max ot or any other program. but i do train lower volume 9 total sets for big bodyparts and 6 for smaller with as much wieght as i can do for the reps i currently select 10-12.

heres a example of my current routine  reps are a tad higher because of getting ready for a show
chest
flat dumbell presses 1 warm up set 1x15  3x12
hammer incline presses 2x10
decline dumbell presses 2x12
cable flyes 2x15
triceps
e-z bar push downs 3x15
lying e-z bar ext 3x10

the end....   as long as ur training to a wieght that is to faliure and ur working hard rep range shouldnt matter so if ur joints hurt at 4-6  try 6-8 or 8-10 and follow the program and see if that helps

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2007, 02:55:27 PM »
all programs can work but max ot is a good idea of doing low sets with heavy wieght and trying to avoid regular programs of burning out.  i personaly dont follow max ot or any other program. but i do train lower volume 9 total sets for big bodyparts and 6 for smaller with as much wieght as i can do for the reps i currently select 10-12.

heres a example of my current routine  reps are a tad higher because of getting ready for a show
chest
flat dumbell presses 1 warm up set 1x15  3x12
hammer incline presses 2x10
decline dumbell presses 2x12
cable flyes 2x15
triceps
e-z bar push downs 3x15
lying e-z bar ext 3x10

the end....   as long as ur training to a wieght that is to faliure and ur working hard rep range shouldnt matter so if ur joints hurt at 4-6  try 6-8 or 8-10 and follow the program and see if that helps

The whole point of Max OT is that you are using heavier weights.  Heavy weights is what builds muscles and you can lift a lot more weight if you are shooting for 4-6 reps than if you are shooting for 10-12...  you should lift heavier and see how it works for you.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: August 07, 2007, 06:32:09 AM »
been doing max-ot cardio for a couple of weeks, it's a killer...I think the original protocol calls for 1 minute intervals, I cut mine to 30 seconds cause I just couldn't keep going all out for that long.

anyone else use this cardio system?
nasser=piece of shit