Author Topic: my cutting diet  (Read 7456 times)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
my cutting diet
« on: August 07, 2006, 09:06:49 AM »
Relating to my post on the main board, today is the first day of my new cutting diet.  After being over my ideal bodyweight for quite some time, I would just like to share my plan briefly with everyone.

Breakfast: 8 egg whites, 8oz diced potato (prepared without butter or oil)
snack---50g low carb whey shake/1 apple
lunch---8oz chicken breast, steamed green veggies (broccoli/cauliflower)
snack---50g low carb whey shake/1 pear
dinner---8 oz fish (steamed/broiled without oil), steamed green veggies

This will be a Sun-fri regimen, with a couple of cheat meals and adult beverages on saturdays

Other supplementation
     ---3x/day  50mg ephedrine, 200mg caffeine, 325 mg aspirin on empty stomach
Cardio
     ---2 hours/day treadmill/excercise bike/elliptical trainer rotation to combat boredom.

Starting weight 270 lbs--- (pm weigh in after dinner and beverages sunday night)

Bodyfat % unknown

Progress updates to come every monday, anticipating at least 15 lbs loss in the first week

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
Re: my cutting diet
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 10:32:32 AM »
and just to remind everyone, Adonis put up 100 bucks to say i couldn't drop 50 pounds in 2-3 months.

I will put another bet out for him for him to win his 100 bucks back that says he wont even be in the top 5 for Mr. Getbig

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 11:33:39 AM »
Relating to my post on the main board, today is the first day of my new cutting diet.  After being over my ideal bodyweight for quite some time, I would just like to share my plan briefly with everyone.

This will be a Sun-fri regimen, with a couple of cheat meals and adult beverages on saturdays

Other supplementation
Cardio
     ---2 hours/day treadmill/excercise bike/elliptical trainer rotation to combat boredom.

Starting weight 270 lbs--- (pm weigh in after dinner and beverages sunday night)

Bodyfat % unknown

Progress updates to come every monday, anticipating at least 15 lbs loss in the first week

Your cal are way too low for your current body weight.  You will lose lots of weight but you are going to drop lots of muscle.  I'm currently cutting for Nationals (Candian's) and I'm eatting more than your are right now.  I would increase your carbs and eat around 2800 cals for your body weight.  I would also have an evening meal with vegs and protien.  I would also add some real carbs during the day and eat my vegs. at night.

I would also suugest one cheat meal a week with high fat.  This helps me tons!!!

Good luck.

But with your current diet you will cheat after 2 weeks and you will have a middle of the night pie out.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 01:23:57 PM »
lol @ bf unknown.

Try to eat more complex carbs on workout days like oatmeal and wheat pasta.
cut your carbs on nonworkout days. lose the fruits, eat more veggies.
Drink lots of green tea.

Have a carb refeed once a week and another day where you eat more fat.
you can generally speaking up your fat on nonworkout days because you eat no carbs then. go for healthy fat, avocados, nuts, salmon.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 01:28:56 PM »
lose the fruits,

Why?  Fruit have low GI and are high in fiber.     Steve Reeves would have 2-3 day on his competition diet.

Although I don't see where he has any fruit in his diet there. 

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 01:38:17 PM »
You NEED  EFA's
:

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 01:52:35 PM »
Why?  Fruit have low GI and are high in fiber.     

I disagree, there's more to it than just GI.  Lose the fruit on a cutting diet (you can get fiber from better sources).

See "Does Fruit Make You Fat?" by the International Sports Science Association"

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/issa14.htm

"If You Have Fruit, Fruit Juice, Or Any Of Its Derivatives, The Following Conditions Occur:  . . .  Muscle does not have the necessary enzymes to synthesize fructose into glycogen; therefore the liver converts this fructose into liver glycogen . . . Since the liver is responsible for supplying energy to the entire body, once its stores are full, a rate limiting enzyme in glucose metabolism, which is responsible for signaling the body to store glucose as glycogen or convert it to fat (phosphofructokinase), signals the body that all stores are full. If the glycogen stores are signaled as full, then the third way our body uses excess glucose is to convert it to fatty acids and store as adipose tissue. IN ESSENCE, FRUIT SUGAR IS EASILY CONVERTED TO FAT" (emphasis added).

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 02:42:43 PM »
I disagree, there's more to it than just GI.  Lose the fruit on a cutting diet (you can get fiber from better sources).

"If You Have Fruit, Fruit Juice, Or Any Of Its Derivatives, The Following Conditions Occur:  . . .  Muscle does not have the necessary enzymes to synthesize fructose into glycogen; therefore the liver converts this fructose into liver glycogen . . . Since the liver is responsible for supplying energy to the entire body, once its stores are full, a rate limiting enzyme in glucose metabolism, which is responsible for signaling the body to store glucose as glycogen or convert it to fat (phosphofructokinase), signals the body that all stores are full. If the glycogen stores are signaled as full, then the third way our body uses excess glucose is to convert it to fatty acids and store as adipose tissue. IN ESSENCE, FRUIT SUGAR IS EASILY CONVERTED TO FAT" (emphasis added).

sure, but with 2 hours of cardio, i am not really worried about it being converted.  The protein intake should be sufficient with 100g whey daily, plus the skim milk in the shake, 8 egg whites in the am and 8 oz chicken and 8 oz fish daily.  I should be getting enough EFA's daily between my fish intake and vitamins.  I am not dieting to compete so maintaining lean mass is not as high a priority.  I may add a nighttime casein shake if my body tells me I need it.

All discussion aside, I am getting advice from a successful natural bodybuilder and personal trainer who gets people shredded to the bone for competition.  I have faith that he knows what he is talking about.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 03:08:24 PM »
You'll lose fat fast on that diet.  You're probably gonna have a hard time sticking with it though, because it's so strict.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 03:17:29 PM »

Why would glycogen level be full on a diet?

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 04:51:42 PM »
When dieting just put the fruit in the am, I like to have bannana then switch to strawberries, then bluberries..then none. But I keep the am fruit, but I also have my core workout in the am before I eat breakfast

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 05:14:11 PM »
you should definetly be able to drop 50 with that diet...but it looks like you would be also dropping a good amount of lean muscle tissue...i would bump up that protein if i were you...add in that before bed slow absorbing protein shake...i would bump up that first meal to 12 eggs...and protein servings from 8oz to 12oz...also some efa s and glutamine to the mix.

you said its not to get on stage but still why sacrifice muscle tissue just to hit a certain number on the scale.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 05:25:57 PM »

I skimmed through and didn't read this at first.   That's a bad idea because it's gonna make you crave junkfood on the other days.  If you have a hard time just add a piece of fruit to your diet every day instead of cheating.

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 05:50:06 PM »
I skimmed through and didn't read this at first.   That's a bad idea because it's gonna make you crave junkfood on the other days.  If you have a hard time just add a piece of fruit to your diet every day instead of cheating.

i'm wondering why you would tell him to add fruit?  fructose has no place in a cutting diet...unless its with your post workout protein shake but dextrose is a better choice.

i get those sugar cravings bad when i'm dieting also...i find that the diet soda really helps me with that...the aspertame can trick your mind into thinking your getting that sugar...i also go with a few of those sugar free peanut butter cups once in a while...those sugar alcohols can be tough on your stomach but damn they taste good.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #14 on: August 08, 2006, 04:12:04 AM »
Why?  Fruit have low GI and are high in fiber.     Steve Reeves would have 2-3 day on his competition diet.

Although I don't see where he has any fruit in his diet there. 

Fructose is not good when you cut. It doesn't cause an insulin spike to help 'store' the shake in the right places, yet it converts to fat easily because it goes strictly to the liver.
Dextrose or if you're extremly fat, which Kegdrainer is, you should have complex carbs for PWO. They don't cause insulin spikes as well, but they are converted to glucose over a longer period of time. It works good if you want to cut.

Also, instead of a whey shake, i would suggest having 10g of BCAA first, then 15-30 minutes after that 20g amino acids. then, after an hour or so, have a full meal.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2006, 09:30:04 AM »
I have an extraordinary amount of willpower. My saturday cheat meals and adult beverages are more of a social behavior than dietary craving.  I am not worried about falling off the wagon with my diet whatsoever.  Do you really think 2 pieces of fruit in a day where I am doing 2 sessions of an hour of cardio is really going to be an issue?
I probably will up the protein, and I am already seeing the need for more water and potassium due to some cramping. 
This will be an ongoing update here, I think I will weigh in on thursday am and see whats up

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #16 on: August 08, 2006, 11:41:01 AM »
Fructose is not good when you cut. It doesn't cause an insulin spike to help 'store' the shake in the right places, yet it converts to fat easily because it goes strictly to the liver.

Tell that to my 28.25" midsection.  Steve Reeves did okay eating fruit in his diet too.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #17 on: August 08, 2006, 11:42:36 AM »
I have an extraordinary amount of willpower.

based on dieting for 2 days?  ::)

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2006, 12:00:13 PM »
Ok, so an apple is 72 calories, and a grapefruit is 52.  100g protein is about 450 cals plus milk, 8 egg whites and 8 oz potato is 136 cals plus 130 for potato, and 32 g protein in eggs, 5 from potato.....
8 oz chicken 240 cals, 42g protein
and 8 oz fish is 450 cals, nearly 60g protein, and 18-20g fat
12 oz broccoli is about 120 cals, with about 25g carbs and 8g protein.  figure i eat about twice that in veggies a day, but thats about average consumption of veggies, 24 oz/day

so totals,   calories           protein             carbs            sugars
apple           72                  ---                  21                16
grapefruit     52                  ---                  18                16
protein        450                 100                  16                 --
egg             136                 32                   14                --
potato         198                 5                     46                 3        
chicken        240                 42                   ---              ---
fish             339                  58                   ---              ---
veggies        240                 16                   49                8
milk (skim)    270                 26                    35               25

totals         1997                279                  199              68

2 hours on the elliptical is about 2000 cals at moderate speed, so my daily intake=output for cardio.  Whatever my normal metabolic rate would use in a day would be my caloric defecit, so I should lose weight pretty rapidly on this diet.  279 grams of protein seems right on target for maintenence if I am not doing heavy lifting.  199 g carbs is moderately low, but not too low.  I am not taking in any refined sugars, only dairy sugar from skim milk and natural sugars in grapefruit and apples and broccoli.

I should probably add a casein shake at night with zma but with water instead of skim milk.  Do not want dairy sugars in my system at night while I am sleeping

by the way, www.calorieking.com is awesome resource for nutritional info.  check it out

roll eyes all you want bast, I have been on diets before, and dropped 50 pounds in 3 weeks going from 265 to 215 between football season and wrestling season.  Willpower goes far beyond dieting.  Getting out of bed every day and going to work takes willpower.  Cold turkey quitting smoking took willpower.  Quitting doing recreational drugs after college took willpower.  I was able to climb all those mountains.  Restricting what foods I put in my mouth should be easy in comparison. 

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2006, 12:23:57 PM »
Ok, so an apple is 72 calories, and a grapefruit is 52.  100g protein is about 450 cals plus milk, 8 egg whites and 8 oz potato is 136 cals plus 130 for potato, and 32 g protein in eggs, 5 from potato.....
8 oz chicken 240 cals, 42g protein
and 8 oz fish is 450 cals, nearly 60g protein, and 18-20g fat
12 oz broccoli is about 120 cals, with about 25g carbs and 8g protein.  figure i eat about twice that in veggies a day, but thats about average consumption of veggies, 24 oz/day

so totals,   calories           protein             carbs            sugars
apple           72                  ---                  21                16
grapefruit     52                  ---                  18                16
protein        450                 100                  16                 --
egg             136                 32                   14                --
potato         198                 5                     46                 3        
chicken        240                 42                   ---              ---
fish             339                  58                   ---              ---
veggies        240                 16                   49                8
milk (skim)    270                 26                    35               25

totals         1997                279                  199              68

2 hours on the elliptical is about 2000 cals at moderate speed, so my daily intake=output for cardio.  Whatever my normal metabolic rate would use in a day would be my caloric defecit, so I should lose weight pretty rapidly on this diet.  279 grams of protein seems right on target for maintenence if I am not doing heavy lifting.  199 g carbs is moderately low, but not too low.  I am not taking in any refined sugars, only dairy sugar from skim milk and natural sugars in grapefruit and apples and broccoli.

I should probably add a casein shake at night with zma but with water instead of skim milk.  Do not want dairy sugars in my system at night while I am sleeping

by the way, www.calorieking.com is awesome resource for nutritional info.  check it out

roll eyes all you want bast, I have been on diets before, and dropped 50 pounds in 3 weeks going from 265 to 215 between football season and wrestling season.  Willpower goes far beyond dieting.  Getting out of bed every day and going to work takes willpower.  Cold turkey quitting smoking took willpower.  Quitting doing recreational drugs after college took willpower.  I was able to climb all those mountains.  Restricting what foods I put in my mouth should be easy in comparison. 

LOL, you diet is insane you will loss so much lean muscle mass.  When your beath starts to smell friuty than your burning muscle.  If that is your goal to loss weight and no worry about your mass your on the right track but your diet, is such a normal yo-yo pattern you see in today's diet paterns.

Slow down and focus on lossing only 2 to 2.5 pounds a week than you will look better when your done, you will drop 5 to 8 pounds a week at this rate.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2006, 12:28:55 PM »
not really concerned about losing lean mass with this plan.  By dropping to a manageable weight, i will most likely go on a lean building plan after that.  At a lower bodyweight, cardio activities like jogging will not be as hard on my knees (which have had enough surgery) and it will be easier to maintain lower bodyfat percentages

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2006, 03:02:36 PM »
Bast you are looking good bro

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2006, 09:13:16 AM »
ok so going into day 3 i definitely need to up my potassium and water due to some serious cramping in my calves and feet at night.

Also noticing a little bit of....well, how should i put this....Delayed Erectile Response.  Possibly due to my current energy expenditure during the day, lack of glycogen/blood sugars and the extra caffeine restricting blood vessels....probably all good reasons, but what do I do.  girlfriend thinks she is doing something wrong.

Tigerman

• Getbig III
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2006, 01:00:55 PM »

Other supplementation
Cardio

Bodyfat % unknown

I think if you don't vary calories and cardio, you might start losing weight very fast (mostly water) and then hit a plateau after one month. You will feel weak and not motivated.
Try to gradually decrease calories and increase cardio (5 more minutes per session every week can do the trick). In this way your body has less chance to adapt to the low calories. Also, 50 pounds in 3 months is a little too much, even if you are a heavy guy.

Saskbb

• Competitors II
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2006, 01:01:10 PM »
LOL,

After 3 days your falling apart.  Your killing your test levels and your body chem. is out of wack!!!!!  Gee what damage will you do to yourself in 6 days.  

Your diet is dangerous and stupid!  Simple.  Anyone else reading this tread please don't do this at home.

This guy will not last more than a week on this diet.  Gee I think I posted that a couple of days ago!