Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 497855 times)

Hypertrophy

• Getbig V
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #1975 on: March 23, 2020, 02:39:03 PM »
Not going to read all 80 pages here to see if it has been posted already, but this is a graphical representation of Farr's law . The total number of cases is the same (area under the curve), barring a sudden cure. Every disease known to man does this. The "flattening" of the curve just, in theory, slows down admissions to the hospital. But since we really don't know how severe the disease actually is, this is just a guess. Maybe most people normally wouldn't go to the hospital because the symptoms are not as bad as the scaremongers have you believe.

The panic and hysteria  is far worse than the actual virus. We can thank certain politicians for that for that and their accomplices in the media. The collapse of the US economy will lead to far more damage. But we all knew that.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1976 on: March 23, 2020, 02:47:08 PM »
Not going to read all 80 pages here to see if it has been posted already, but this is a graphical representation of Farr's law . The total number of cases is the same (area under the curve), barring a sudden cure. Every disease known to man does this. The "flattening" of the curve just, in theory, slows down admissions to the hospital. But since we really don't know how severe the disease actually is, this is just a guess. Maybe most people normally wouldn't go to the hospital because the symptoms are not as bad as the scaremongers have you believe.

The panic and hysteria  is far worse than the actual virus. We can thank certain politicians for that for that and their accomplices in the media. The collapse of the US economy will lead to far more damage. But we all knew that.

So in that Graphic it peaks much higher & quicker & also fades away quicker without the Measures in place
- With the exception of Loss of Life it’s a Preferable situation. 

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1977 on: March 23, 2020, 02:55:28 PM »
So in that Graphic it peaks much higher & quicker & also fades away quicker without the Measures in place
- With the exception of Loss of Life it’s a Preferable situation. 

Not really, the chaos from hospitals overloading would be insane.Car crash victims who need blood, pregnant women with complications, people with severe asthma attacks, kids falling in to diabetic coma, cancer patients not getting diagnosed or treated etc etc.Would soon turn to rioting, looting, complete breakdown of society.

illuminati

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The Strongest Shall Survive.- - Lest we Forget.
« Reply #1978 on: March 23, 2020, 03:03:08 PM »
Not really, the chaos from hospitals overloading would be insane.Car crash victims who need blood, pregnant women with complications, people with severe asthma attacks, kids falling in to diabetic coma, cancer patients not getting diagnosed or treated etc etc.Would soon turn to rioting, looting, complete breakdown of society.

Yes - Possibly you’re correct- Though we are seeing in some places ( if the various reports are correct) looting & Robberies / muggings already escalating.
If this lockdown business carries on I could also see a Complete Breakdown of Society Happening-
Hopefully I’ll be Wrong on that.

Mayday

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1979 on: March 23, 2020, 03:19:41 PM »
My neighbours are doctors working in a major hospital.

I had a chat with one yesterday and asked what he was really seeing.

He said it's a mess. They get 8,000 people in but only 40 test positive. He said the killer is having to treat all 8,000 as if they are positive. On top of that, these same people coming in are stealing all their supplies and they have run out.

8,000 rock up with symptoms but only 40 give a positive?  How accurate are these tests?

Does one conclude the most contageous virus ever is not very contageous whilst at the same time less contageous viruses are rampant?  

Or is it more sensible to conclude the virus is already everywhere but the tests are extremely narrow in it's ability to confirm a positive?

Army of One

• Getbig V
« Reply #1980 on: March 23, 2020, 03:39:08 PM »
Yes - Possibly you’re correct- Though we are seeing in some places ( if the various reports are correct) looting & Robberies / muggings already escalating.
If this lockdown business carries on I could also see a Complete Breakdown of Society Happening-
Hopefully I’ll be Wrong on that.

I agree, its very possible, even if the curve does stay flattened.The lure of empty stores will be too tempting for some.At the sametime the response by police/army/public would be whatever punishment they got they deserved.I suspect all the PC leftist nonsense has gone out the window for now.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #1981 on: March 23, 2020, 03:51:00 PM »
My neighbours are doctors working in a major hospital.

I had a chat with one yesterday and asked what he was really seeing.

He said it's a mess. They get 8,000 people in but only 40 test positive. He said the killer is having to treat all 8,000 as if they are positive. On top of that, these same people coming in are stealing all their supplies and they have run out.

8,000 rock up with symptoms but only 40 give a positive?  How accurate are these tests?

Does one conclude the most contageous virus ever is not very contageous whilst at the same time less contageous viruses are rampant?  

Or is it more sensible to conclude the virus is already everywhere but the tests are extremely narrow in it's ability to confirm a positive?
Makes sense, the media has everyone believing that the gas bubble in their gut from drinking to much the night before is a symptom of corona and they should get tested. The problem isn't the number of cases, the problem is the panic caused by the media that creates the overflow of douchenozzles into the hospitals.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1982 on: March 23, 2020, 04:21:40 PM »

Army, outside of the pregnant woman, wouldnt everyone you described die anyway, based on what we know about how this virus attacks the weak and that 80% of theo worlds population is going to be infected  unless there is an approved cure?

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1983 on: March 23, 2020, 04:30:24 PM »
he speaks the truth, it is easy to see why the weak minded don't like him.

And I don't trust this prick.

Fauci Love Letter to Hillary Clinton Surfaces….

https://theconservativetreehouse.com/2020/03/20/fauci-love-letter-to-hillary-clinton-surfaces/

dearth

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1984 on: March 23, 2020, 04:33:17 PM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/analysis-trump-struggles-to-adjust-to-crisis-presidency/ar-BB11BiVG

WASHINGTON (AP) — "President Donald Trump has never been known for his patience or long attention span."

Translation for GOP voters - Donald Trump is dumb, and ill equipped for the job (or any job)

Man, this fat piece of crap looks ugly
How many coats today?

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #1985 on: March 23, 2020, 04:55:33 PM »
I've asked this before:

If not Trump, then it would've been Hillary, do you think that would've been better?

How?

Desolate

• Getbig V
  • I dream of Gods
« Reply #1986 on: March 23, 2020, 05:16:32 PM »
he speaks the truth, it is easy to see why the weak minded don't like him.

Actually, I'd say that it is the weak-minded following the advice of this fool.

A clown like you is the perfect example. ::)

Dave D

• Getbig V
« Reply #1987 on: March 23, 2020, 05:20:55 PM »
I've asked this before:

If not Trump, then it would've been Hillary, do you think that would've been better?

How?

She would have killed the virus quickly and discreetly before anyone knew about it.  When people started uncovering what had happened with the virus there would be a new catastrophe to brush it under the rug.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1988 on: March 24, 2020, 12:32:31 AM »

strong point. I agree. People would riot.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #1989 on: March 24, 2020, 12:56:00 AM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1990 on: March 24, 2020, 06:08:36 AM »
300.000 people infected so far, hell of a hoax, just to discredit someone. but we still have bread so all is saved.
                the virus will top 400,000 today. my state is on lock down  went from 33 cases to 679 in a few days. maybe we should bail out the oil industry.
F

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1991 on: March 24, 2020, 06:29:41 AM »
                 the virus will top 400,000 today. my state is on lock down  went from 33 cases to 679 in a few days. maybe we should bail out the oil industry.
if they didnt test anyone the number of cases would be just the people who died, the more they test the worse it looks

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1992 on: March 24, 2020, 06:48:38 AM »

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1993 on: March 24, 2020, 06:55:44 AM »
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/analysis-trump-struggles-to-adjust-to-crisis-presidency/ar-BB11BiVG

WASHINGTON (AP) — "President Donald Trump has never been known for his patience or long attention span."

Translation for GOP voters - Donald Trump is dumb, and ill equipped for the job (or any job)

Man, this fat piece of crap looks ugly
How many coats today?
                       not enough, put lipstick on a pig at the end of the day it's still a pig.
F

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1994 on: March 24, 2020, 06:58:52 AM »
if they didnt test anyone the number of cases would be just the people who died, the more they test the worse it looks

;D ;D ;D ;D
F

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1995 on: March 24, 2020, 07:05:52 AM »
;D ;D ;D ;D

the point is the more they ramp up the testing the worse its going to look, as such more panic

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #1996 on: March 24, 2020, 07:09:57 AM »
the point is the more they ramp up the testing the worse its going to look, as such more panic

i know, i'm just kidding with you. that's a valid point. just a little scary because measures are being taken and it continues to multiply.
F

JAGO

• Getbig IV
  • Biden/Harris 2020
« Reply #1997 on: March 24, 2020, 07:10:16 AM »
Our fearless leader.

fredrollon

• Getbig III
« Reply #1998 on: March 24, 2020, 07:19:35 AM »
Wouldn't mind seeing the Swedes stick with their herd immunity strategy.
A few years down the line we might see how effective or not it was compared to complete lockdown.

"Swedish PM warned over 'Russian roulette-style' Covid-19 strategy

Health experts say attempt to build herd immunity is a ‘mad experiment with 10m people’

Unlike most EU countries, however – including its Nordic neighbours Denmark, Norway and Finland – it has not introduced stricter suppression and social distancing orders such as closing bars, restaurants non-essential shops and lower schools, nor has it placed citizens in near-total lockdown, as in Italy, Spain and France.

Sweden’s chief epidemiologist, Anders Tegnell, has denied the country’s approach is to rapidly build group immunity to the virus, a tactic seemingly pursued in Britain and the Netherlands until both recently changed tack after warnings that their health systems could be overwhelmed and death tolls would soar.

But Tegnell conceded to the Svenska Dagbladet newspaper last week that such an objective was “not contradictory” with what he described as the government’s core strategy, which was to ensure “a slow spread of infection, and that the health services have a reasonable workload”.

On Sunday night, Tegnell told Swedish TV the outbreak would “calm down” in May but return in the autumn. “It will be important how much of the population is infected,” he said. “It will determine what happens in the autumn.” Coronavirus could be stopped either by “herd immunity, or a combination of immunity and vaccination”, he said. “It’s basically the same thing.” "

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/23/swedish-pm-warned-russian-roulette-covid-19-strategy-herd-immunity

harmankardon1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #1999 on: March 24, 2020, 07:21:32 AM »
Army, outside of the pregnant woman, wouldnt everyone you described die anyway, based on what we know about how this virus attacks the weak and that 80% of theo worlds population is going to be infected  unless there is an approved cure?

No as respirators and intensive care do saves lives, you do the big peak and many more die as the huge influx means they can't get support care through the illness. This is the thinking and reason to "flatten the curve"..