Author Topic: Covid 19 - We are all screwed - discuss  (Read 498003 times)

Gregzs

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
Re: Coronavirus - We are all screwed - discuss
« Reply #2200 on: March 27, 2020, 10:39:57 PM »
Bergen County alone now has more coronavirus cases than 38 U.S. states

Bergen County has been the epicenter of New Jersey’s coronavirus outbreak, and now the 233 square mile area has exceeded 38 states in the number of cases of the virus it has reported so far.

There have been 1,505 positive cases of the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19 in Bergen County to date, according to the state health department. For context, the entire state of Colorado has 1,430 cases, according to data compiled by the Washington Post.

Bergen County Executive Jim Tedesco told NJ Advance Media that his jurisdiction’s high rate of cases is due in part to more testing becoming available. A large number of Bergen County residents also travel for work to New York City, which has the most cases in the United States.

“Stay home. Stay home. Stay home,” Tedesco said in a phone interview. “I can’t say that enough.”

At an estimated 932,000 residents, the county is the most populated one in New Jersey. Living in such a densely populated area makes social distancing - or staying at least 6 feet away from others - a challenge.

Bergen County accounts for about 17% of New Jersey’s 8,825 coronavirus cases. At least 108 New Jersey residents have died after contracting the virus and at least 20 of those deaths were Bergen County residents, according to the most recent data put out by the state and county.

“We have almost a quarter of the deaths in the New Jersey,” Tedesco said. “It’s unfortunate that the families of people in Bergen County are feeling the magnitude of the virus.”

The whole state of New Jersey, meanwhile, ranks third in the United States for the number of COVID-19 cases. Only Louisiana and New York have more.

To quell the spread of the virus Gov. Phil Murphy ordered non-essential businesses to close and required all New Jersey residents to stay at home unless it’s for an essential purpose, like grocery shopping.

Tedesco is also closing all Bergen County parks Saturday morning. He said neighboring counties have done the same, which is driving residents from other areas to Bergen County’s parks instead.

Social distancing and stay-at-home orders are necessary to flatten the curve, or lower the number of patients infected with the virus at one time, officials have said. If too many residents get the virus at once, health experts say hospitals would be overwhelmed.

Still, Tedesco said, there is hope amidst all the staggering statistics.

“There are many, many people that are coming out of the virus and surviving,” he said. “That’s the great news, but the challenge is we’ve got to stop the spread. So the good news is that people can survive and a large majority in Bergen County are surviving.

“But - but! - we need people to change their behaviors.”

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/bergen-county-alone-now-has-more-coronavirus-cases-than-38-us-states.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR37reSib9ixVHshjSGyEepvZwF1yZlPBNquMdbsV6KRJrd2TEiU8iKBuec

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2201 on: March 28, 2020, 01:41:17 AM »

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #2202 on: March 28, 2020, 01:49:37 AM »
Just a few weeks ago Getbiggers where making fun of the situation, asked "where are the bodies?" in the warning thread from The Italian Lifter.

Now, the bodies in New York are piling up, they are running out of space in the morgues.

So where are the bodies? Right at your front door.

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2203 on: March 28, 2020, 02:37:04 AM »
Just a few weeks ago Getbiggers where making fun of the situation, asked "where are the bodies?" in the warning thread from The Italian Lifter.

Now, the bodies in New York are piling up, they are running out of space in the morgues.

Not at my front door.  We have 330 million people and a thousand or so old sick people have died.  More people have died from the flu in the same amount of time.

gib

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #2204 on: March 28, 2020, 02:38:25 AM »
Not at my front door.  We have 330 million people and a thousand or so old sick people have died.  More people have died from the flu in the same amount of time.

Correct.

friedchickendinner

• Getbig IV
  • I've had it
« Reply #2205 on: March 28, 2020, 02:40:35 AM »
Still downplaying the seriousness of it all.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2206 on: March 28, 2020, 02:55:15 AM »

Ropo

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2207 on: March 28, 2020, 04:14:37 AM »
epic truth bomb for the dumb GOP voters

Nice..Quotes like this doesn't mean anything, if they come from the mouth of some getbig-asshat or anonymous moron. But from the mouth of the president of the most powerful nation on this planet? Sorry to say, but you are doomed  ;D

Why don't you guys try to change that orange ape to the real orangutan? No one will see the difference, but everybody will realise the improvement in his statements  ;D ;D

Humble Narcissist

• Getbig V
« Reply #2208 on: March 28, 2020, 04:18:55 AM »
Still downplaying the seriousness of it all.
Are you downplaying the fact that the flu has killed more people this season than the Coronavirus?

prowlermaniac

• Getbig II
« Reply #2209 on: March 28, 2020, 04:35:48 AM »

Let’s revisit this in 2-3 weeks when everyone is back doing their thing and see how well it held up.  The R0 on COVID is substantially higher than the flu so we can accurately assume there are far more cases then have been reported thus the mortality rate is significantly lower than it’s been reported.  Fear is a great way to control the masses, just look at the mass house arrest the world is under and for what?  To shelter from a virus that 80%+ of cases are mild at best.  I’ll admit, weeks ago I was falling into the paranoia but the more I read, the less concerned I am.  

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2210 on: March 28, 2020, 04:44:25 AM »
Bergen County alone now has more coronavirus cases than 38 U.S. states

Bergen County has been the epicenter of New Jersey’s coronavirus outbreak, and now the 233 square mile area has exceeded 38 states in the number of cases of the virus it has reported so far.

There have been 1,505 positive cases of the new coronavirus that causes COVID-19 in Bergen County to date, according to the state health department. For context, the entire state of Colorado has 1,430 cases, according to data compiled by the Washington Post.

Bergen County Executive Jim Tedesco told NJ Advance Media that his jurisdiction’s high rate of cases is due in part to more testing becoming available. A large number of Bergen County residents also travel for work to New York City, which has the most cases in the United States.

“Stay home. Stay home. Stay home,” Tedesco said in a phone interview. “I can’t say that enough.”

At an estimated 932,000 residents, the county is the most populated one in New Jersey. Living in such a densely populated area makes social distancing - or staying at least 6 feet away from others - a challenge.

Bergen County accounts for about 17% of New Jersey’s 8,825 coronavirus cases. At least 108 New Jersey residents have died after contracting the virus and at least 20 of those deaths were Bergen County residents, according to the most recent data put out by the state and county.

“We have almost a quarter of the deaths in the New Jersey,” Tedesco said. “It’s unfortunate that the families of people in Bergen County are feeling the magnitude of the virus.”

The whole state of New Jersey, meanwhile, ranks third in the United States for the number of COVID-19 cases. Only Louisiana and New York have more.

To quell the spread of the virus Gov. Phil Murphy ordered non-essential businesses to close and required all New Jersey residents to stay at home unless it’s for an essential purpose, like grocery shopping.

Tedesco is also closing all Bergen County parks Saturday morning. He said neighboring counties have done the same, which is driving residents from other areas to Bergen County’s parks instead.

Social distancing and stay-at-home orders are necessary to flatten the curve, or lower the number of patients infected with the virus at one time, officials have said. If too many residents get the virus at once, health experts say hospitals would be overwhelmed.

Still, Tedesco said, there is hope amidst all the staggering statistics.

“There are many, many people that are coming out of the virus and surviving,” he said. “That’s the great news, but the challenge is we’ve got to stop the spread. So the good news is that people can survive and a large majority in Bergen County are surviving.

“But - but! - we need people to change their behaviors.”

https://www.nj.com/coronavirus/2020/03/bergen-county-alone-now-has-more-coronavirus-cases-than-38-us-states.html?utm_medium=social&utm_content=nj_facebook_njcom&utm_campaign=njcom_sf&utm_source=facebook&fbclid=IwAR37reSib9ixVHshjSGyEepvZwF1yZlPBNquMdbsV6KRJrd2TEiU8iKBuec

I work in Bergen county,still working ,I live in Passaic county

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2211 on: March 28, 2020, 05:26:06 AM »
I work in Bergen county,still working ,I live in Passaic county

Are the bodies piling up on your doorstep?   ???

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #2212 on: March 28, 2020, 06:25:59 AM »
Are the bodies piling up on your doorstep?   ???
I only met one person a dr who just finished quarantine,she got a cold but tested positive

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #2213 on: March 28, 2020, 07:09:44 AM »

A few weeks ago? I ask several times a week, where are the bodies?
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #2214 on: March 28, 2020, 07:14:57 AM »

Twaddle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2215 on: March 28, 2020, 07:23:08 AM »

Go look on your front doorstep, they're out there. 

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
  • Getbig sponsored athlete.
« Reply #2216 on: March 28, 2020, 07:54:16 AM »
Let’s revisit this in 2-3 weeks when everyone is back doing their thing and see how well it held up.  The R0 on COVID is substantially higher than the flu so we can accurately assume there are far more cases then have been reported thus the mortality rate is significantly lower than it’s been reported.  Fear is a great way to control the masses, just look at the mass house arrest the world is under and for what?  To shelter from a virus that 80%+ of cases are mild at best.  I’ll admit, weeks ago I was falling into the paranoia but the more I read, the less concerned I am.  

Same boat. I was never worried about the virus itself, hoping I don’t get it, but I’m a young man and I keep myself healthy, not even any gear for almost 5 years.

I was really concerned about two weeks ago, dusted off the guns and mentally prepared myself for the worst case of social breakdown. People are not losing their shit yet. Hundreds of people out and about. Grocery stores have significantly caught back up.

I’m starting to think there could be some conspiracies afoot.

karasan

• Getbig IV
« Reply #2217 on: March 28, 2020, 08:16:40 AM »
Same boat. I was never worried about the virus itself, hoping I don’t get it, but I’m a young man and I keep myself healthy, not even any gear for almost 5 years.

I was really concerned about two weeks ago, dusted off the guns and mentally prepared myself for the worst case of social breakdown. People are not losing their shit yet. Hundreds of people out and about. Grocery stores have significantly caught back up.

I’m starting to think there could be some conspiracies afoot.
I don't get the conspiracy theory, many politicians ignored it very much like Trump did, then they panicked, it really seems extremely contagious, once emergency units start to overload, politians tend to panic.
It seems like a universal concept, first ignore, then shrug and say it is not a serious threat then city lockdowns, no sir, there is some serious shit about this virus!

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #2218 on: March 28, 2020, 08:26:36 AM »
epic truth bomb for the dumb GOP voters

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/03/presidents-character-unequal-task/608743/

The qualities we most need in a president during this crisis are calmness, wisdom, and reassurance; a command of the facts and the ability to communicate them well; and the capacity to think about the medium and long term while carefully weighing competing options and conflicting needs. We need a leader who can persuade the public to act in ways that are difficult but necessary, who can focus like a laser beam on a problem for a sustained period of time, and who will listen to—and, when necessary, defer to—experts who know far more than he does. We need a president who can draw the nation together rather than drive it apart, who excels at the intricate work of governing, and who works well with elected officials at every level. We need a chief executive whose judgment is not just sound, but exceptional.

There are some 325 million people in America, and it’s hard to think of more than a handful who are more lacking in these qualities than Donald Trump

Big deal buttercup, all leaders did the same thing - the WHO itself said :

K

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #2219 on: March 28, 2020, 08:28:48 AM »
I don't get the conspiracy theory, many politicians ignored it very much like Trump did, then they panicked, it really seems extremely contagious, once emergency units start to overload, politians tend to panic.
It seems like a universal concept, first ignore, then shrug and say it is not a serious threat then city lockdowns, no sir, there is some serious shit about this virus!

I think the big cheeses were playing it off to delay bombing the economy for as long as they could. I think the media is overhyping it to ensure people comply with stay at home orders.

To be honest I’m in Southern California and don’t even know someone who knows someone who is infected. Not downplaying the severity just speaking facts.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #2220 on: March 28, 2020, 08:55:07 AM »

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Too funny.  ;D
a

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #2221 on: March 28, 2020, 09:12:58 AM »

Manhattan...… get ready

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #2222 on: March 28, 2020, 09:43:22 AM »
Manhattan...… get ready

How do we get ready, what steps should we take?

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #2223 on: March 28, 2020, 09:55:34 AM »

visualizeperfection

• Getbig V
« Reply #2224 on: March 28, 2020, 10:00:38 AM »
You guys want bodies right? They are coming. Lots of them

https://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/coronavirus/2020/03/25/tent-for-overflow-capacity-for-city-morgue-goes-up-in-manhattan

I don’t think anyone is asking for bodies. That would be a grotesque notion, what are we, abortion doctors?