Author Topic: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..  (Read 24604 times)

no one

• Getbig V
  • have i hurt your feelings?
Re: Watching these gymnast dudes makes me wonder..
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2012, 07:09:34 AM »
Pretty sure you got a boner while watching these athletes.

are you saying perhaps 5manfantasy has an unnatural urge to get ringed himself, hulkotron?
b

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2012, 07:27:31 AM »
Functional for Gymnastics, last time I checked a Crucifix performed on same rings hanging from a roof wasn't a requirement in life, nor is swinging round and round on some monkey bars - the fact is the human body develops in relation to whatever activity it does regularly.  Modern Life doesn't require much strength or fitness for that matter.
Spot on

This "functional strength" rhetoric gets thrown around but if we really examine what we do in real life, very little of this "functional exercise" is practical. Honestly, what do bosu-ball shoulder presses prepare you for....Shoulder presses during an earthquake?

My size & strength as a bodybuilder who utilizes bases my training around the Big 3 lifts has helped me in many real life situations, and has hindered me in NONE.

I think it's just more personal training marketing gimmicks at work.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2012, 07:32:17 AM »
Muscle wasting, my guess. It's extreme just like bbing is extreme musculature.
And I have read that male marathon runners have the lowest T-levels of all athletes. As far as the women, I don't know, but I figure that their estrogen levels are low as well.
Plus, they have that "skinny-fat" look as well. Flat muscles, like the Spanish greyhounds.
That plays a part, but more important is the use of anaerobic fast twitch fibers vs. aerobic slow twitch. It's the training method producing the results, plus the genetic inclination for someone to gravitate towards an activity that comes naturally, such as the Africans and their exceptional running, looting, and spear throwing.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2012, 07:44:22 AM »

are you saying perhaps 5manfantasy has an unnatural urge to get ringed himself, hulkotron?

Haha, what I'm saying is that the odds are better than average that homoerotic5antasy was disappointed to find out the men don't compete in the balance beam exercise because he has a certain beam he'd like to balance them on.

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: August 02, 2012, 07:55:09 AM »
Functional for Gymnastics, last time I checked a Crucifix performed on same rings hanging from a roof wasn't a requirement in life, nor is swinging round and round on some monkey bars - the fact is the human body develops in relation to whatever activity it does regularly.  Modern Life doesn't require much strength or fitness for that matter.

Exactly.

I'm getting sick of these little queers talking about "functional strength" and how it supposedly pertains to everyday life.

"Overtraining" is another one. Some days you have more energy than others - that's the human body for you, it peaks and it troughs.

If someone's arms aren't developing the way they want then it's either due to genetic potential or the fact that they aren't training properly. Or both.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #30 on: August 02, 2012, 08:05:37 AM »
These guys have great arms cause you are looking at the top guys in the world at their sport. You have to be a genetic freak to reach these levels. Sure the gymnastics build their arms, but if these these same guys trained for bbing and never took gymnastics they would still have great arms, cause they have the genes for it. Most gymnasts never reach their level, and never get arms like that, cause most simply dont have the genetics for it.

Its all genetic

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #31 on: August 02, 2012, 08:07:45 AM »
Yes they showed some third-tier gymnast from Ireland the other day and his arms looked like King Kamali.

supernick

• Getbig IV
« Reply #32 on: August 02, 2012, 10:48:13 AM »
These guys have great arms cause you are looking at the top guys in the world at their sport. You have to be a genetic freak to reach these levels. Sure the gymnastics build their arms, but if these these same guys trained for bbing and never took gymnastics they would still have great arms, cause they have the genes for it. Most gymnasts never reach their level, and never get arms like that, cause most simply dont have the genetics for it.

Its all genetic
idk about the genetics for it.... i mean they do have good genetics, but how many people actully persue gymnastics in life. These guys just stuck with it and got professional trainers because they wanted to be the best.

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2012, 10:59:54 AM »
I train arms once a week for a month then go to every 2 weeks. No need to do more than 6-9 sets for biceps and triceps

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2012, 11:01:04 AM »
all pull ups and jumping jacks

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2012, 11:23:28 AM »
Spot on

This "functional strength" rhetoric gets thrown around but if we really examine what we do in real life, very little of this "functional exercise" is practical. Honestly, what do bosu-ball shoulder presses prepare you for....Shoulder presses during an earthquake?

My size & strength as a bodybuilder who utilizes bases my training around the Big 3 lifts has helped me in many real life situations, and has hindered me in NONE.

I think it's just more personal training marketing gimmicks at work.

LOL - epic inferiority complex at work. Bodybuilders are like handicapped people. Can't even but on a t-shirt or walk two flight of stairs. Big arms with no power, strength and strength...all non-functional or disfunctional.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2012, 11:51:53 AM »
LOL - epic inferiority complex at work. Bodybuilders are like handicapped people. Can't even but on a t-shirt or walk two flight of stairs. Big arms with no power, strength and strength...all non-functional or disfunctional.
Charles Glass and a prime Flex Wheeler are the exceptions.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2012, 11:54:09 AM »
Flex is a natural athlete now.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2012, 11:56:39 AM »
Naturally low test levels, you mean.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2012, 11:57:31 AM »
Parker are you suggesting that most bbers think natural means "didn't take any drugs yet today"?

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: August 02, 2012, 11:59:19 AM »
Parker are you suggesting that most bbers think natural means "didn't take any drugs yet today"?
Yep!
Or, natural means that they have a script from the doctor.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #41 on: August 02, 2012, 11:59:58 AM »
Their arms look bigger because they don't train the rest of their body. I think it looks odd the way they have developed delts and arms combined with chicken legs.
chest and back are well developed too.  i like to see ronnie c attempt the most basic stuff these guys do....
F

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #42 on: August 02, 2012, 12:01:05 PM »
I always found the reverse-grip pull up the single best biceps exercise..

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #43 on: August 02, 2012, 12:02:01 PM »
Do anti rejection meds count as natural?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #44 on: August 02, 2012, 12:07:45 PM »
idk about the genetics for it.... i mean they do have good genetics, but how many people actully persue gymnastics in life. These guys just stuck with it and got professional trainers because they wanted to be the best.

Yeah but theres hundreds or thousands of people who get trainers and want to be the best. Yet here at the top theres only these 5-6 guys. What sets them apart from the thousands of others who also busted their asses trying to make it was that these few simply had all the right genetic factors to give them the edge.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #45 on: August 02, 2012, 12:11:11 PM »
But they are prepared to do battle with the iron at a moments notice. They are heroes.

Big Chiro Flex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • FREE FOOZLE
« Reply #46 on: August 02, 2012, 12:12:26 PM »
I always found the reverse-grip pull up the single best biceps exercise..
Honestly, me too doc. Full ROM + a brutal contraction.

PS: wtf you changed your name

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #47 on: August 02, 2012, 01:38:58 PM »
Honestly, me too doc. Full ROM + a brutal contraction.

PS: wtf you changed your name
I was promoted by Ron for all my hard work..

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #48 on: August 02, 2012, 03:09:18 PM »
them how's come distance runners have twig legs?
X2 Cause they do no progressive overload just running compare them to sprinters, they do intense short running ie they dont overtrain.

Parker

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: August 02, 2012, 03:17:56 PM »
chest and back are well developed too.  i like to see ronnie c attempt the most basic stuff these guys do....
That's like asking them to deadlift and or front squat the poundages that Ronnie did.

Overall, bodyweight exercises, will get you cut, and good decent shape, but I believe that a hybrid of both bodyweight and weight lifting is better.