Author Topic: GH15 might want to look in to The Luke knowledge  (Read 125817 times)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
Re: The Luke dismantels getbig's shittalkers
« Reply #450 on: April 15, 2010, 01:10:38 AM »
...maybe post a pic of your taped arms?

Are they actually the size you claimed?

The Luke

Maybe put your head in a vise and let someone squeeze it ?

Love these guys who think you are obligated to post  pics on demand  ::)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #451 on: April 15, 2010, 01:17:51 AM »
Been enjoying this thread... the militant ignorance and epic fanboy delusion is highly entertaining.

I realise I can't take you guys through the maths if you don't have a basic grasp of the difference between a volume and an area; or between squares and cubes... but I can show you that the formula works for guys of average height (5'9'' plus or minus an inch or two).

Below I have a list of VERIFIED arm measurements and I'm going to double check all of them against the ratio:

280 lbs Dorian Yates (off season)                  20.125'' ...measured repeatedly by different seminar attendees
260 lbs Dorian Yates (pre-contest)                19.750'' ...claimed by Dorian himself
240 lbs Arnold Schwazhisname (off season)  19.625'' ...measured by Arthur Jones
240 bs Vince Taylor (off season)                    19.750'' ...measured by Joe Roark
240 lbs Mike Mentzer (off season)                 18.750'' ...measured by Arthur Jones
305 lbs Ronnie Coleman                                21.700'' ...measured on Chilean and Korean tv
240 lbs Casey Viatour (off season)                19.250'' ...measured by Arthur Jones

...let's include a guy who was "all arms":
250 lbs Sergio Oliva (off season)                   20.250'' ...measured by Arthur Jones

...and let's include the arm mutants:
240 lbs Eddie Robinson (off season)              20.250'' ...measured by Ellington Darden
235 lbs Lee Priest (off season)                      21.500'' ...measured by Joe Roark

...okay, let's compare those VERIFIED measurements with the results calculated by the simple ratio extrapolation to see if anyone actually significantly exceeds the ratio.

Taking our 150 lb and 15'' arm average guy as the starting point and calculating from the bodyweight:

Maximum arm size at 280 lbs = 20.49'' ...that's a 0.365'' discrepancy for 280 lb Dorian Yates
Maximum arm size at 260 lbs = 19.75'' ...that's a 0.000'' discrepancy for 260 lb Dorian Yates
Maximum arm size at 240 lbs = 18.97'' ...that's a 0.655'' discrepancy for 240 lb Arnold Schwarzenegger
Maximum arm size at 240 lbs = 18.97'' ...that's a 0.780'' discrepancy for 240 lb Vince Taylor
Maximum arm size at 240 lbs = 18.97'' ...that's a 0.220'' discrepancy for 240 lb Mike Mentzer
Maximum arm size at 305 lbs = 21.40'' ...that's a 0.300'' discrepancy for 305 lb Ronnie Coleman
Maximum arm size at 240 lbs = 18.97'' ...that's a 0.280'' discrepancy for 240 lb Casey Viator

...let's incude a guy who was "all arms":
Maximum arm size at 250 lbs = 19.36'' ...that's a 0.880'' discrepancy for 250 lb Sergio Oliva

...and lets incude the arm mutants:
Maximum arm size at 240 lbs = 18.97'' ...that's a 1.530'' discrepancy for 240 lb Eddie Robinson
Maximum arm size at 235 lbs = 18.77'' ...that's a 2.730'' discrepancy for 235 lb Lee Priest

Taking our 150 lb and 15'' arm average guy as the starting point and calculating from the arm size:

20.125'' arm requires 270 lbs ...a 10 lb discrepancy ...spot on for off season Dorian Yates
19.750'' arm requires 260 lbs ...a zero discrepancy ...exactly spot on for pre-contest Dorian Yates
19.625'' arm requires 257 lbs ...a 17 lb discrepancy ...Arnold Schwarz is slightly arm-heavy: no surprise
19.750'' arm requires 260 lbs ...a 20 lb discrepancy ...Vince Taylor is slightly arm-heavy: no surprise
18.750'' arm requires 234 lbs ...a   7 lb discrepancy ...spot on for Mike Mentzer
21.700'' arm requires 313 lbs ...a   8 lb discepancy ...spot on for Ronnie Coleman
19.250'' arm requires 247 lbs ...a   7 lb discrepancy ...spot on for Casey Viator

...let's include a guy who was "all arms":
20.250'' arm requires 273 lbs ...a 23 lb discrepancy ...Sergio Oliva as slightly arm-heavy: no surprise

...and let's include the arm mutants:
20.250'' arm requires 273 lbs ...a 33 lb discrepancy ...Eddie Robinson is slightly stunted
21.500'' arm requires 308 lbs ...a 73 lb discrepancy ...Lee Priest is too short for the ratio to work

So, the only person for whom the ratio breaks down is Lee Priest.

Which was probably to be expected seeing as he is more than one standard deviation below average height; has stunted arms; a touch of dwarfism to his proportions and has probably the best arms the spot has ever seen.

But more interestingly... for guys within a couple of inches of average height the ratio not only holds consistently, it even predicts:
-maximum arm size to within 9 tenths of one inch just from bodyweight
-minimum bodyweight to within 9% just from an arm measurement

That's amazing accuracy for simple ratio extrapolate from the average untrained guy.

If you limit the scope of the ratio to guys beteen 5'8'' and 6' with proportionate arms, the ratio predicts:
-maximum arm size to within three quartrs of one inch just from bodyweight
-minimum bodyweight to within 7% just from an arm measurement

Come on guys... you can't argue with those results.
-better than 95% accuracy at predicting maxiumum arm size (for a particular bodyweight)
-better than 93% accuracy at predicting minimum bodyweights (for a particular arm size)

That means the very smallest possible size/bodyweight for a 5'9'' (proportionate) guy with 24'' arms is 357 lbs.

Thread closed?

The Luke
PS- I'll happily answer any questions anyone has about the math.

LOLOLOL  you are such a cock it's beyond words.

VERIFIED...by who....FLEX MAGAZINE and some dildos on the internet ????  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

verified.......you are one funny dude  :D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #452 on: April 15, 2010, 01:33:05 AM »
LOLOLOL  you are such a cock it's beyond words.

VERIFIED...by who....FLEX MAGAZINE and some dildos on the internet ????  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

verified.......you are one funny dude  :D

He has no pics or videos to back up these supposed verified (got to love the bolding of that word, as if that automatically makes it authentic, lol) measurements, yet will cling on to them like they're irrefutable.

There are maybe a couple of verified measurements, with Lee Priest being one of them. His arms measured a little under 21", so a lot of the top pros in the Olympias, like Ronnie, Kevin, Nasser, Flex, Dillett, Francois, Fux etc all easily had well over 22" arms, with some of them having 23 something inch arms, all while weighing under 300 lb in contest shape.

Pics don't tell the whole story, but to actually deny what you see in just about ALL of them, not to mention video clips of those contests simply means he doesn't want it to be true because it refutes and falsifies his little ratio chart, which is a load of crap anyway. Look at how he simply ignored those pics of the 2000 Olympia and is now back to saying you can't have 22" arms unless you weigh well over 300 lb, even though anyone can see some of the top pros did it weighing around 250 lb.

jr

• Getbig V
  • No homo of peace
« Reply #453 on: April 15, 2010, 01:43:50 AM »
LOLOLOL  you are such a cock it's beyond words.

VERIFIED...by who....FLEX MAGAZINE and some dildos on the internet ????  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

verified.......you are one funny dude  :D

Are you saying the Luke looks like this, except with bigger calves?

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
« Reply #454 on: April 15, 2010, 01:45:16 AM »
He has no pics or videos to back up these supposed verified (got to love the bolding of that word, as if that automatically makes it authentic, lol) measurements, yet will cling on to them like they're irrefutable.

There are maybe a couple of verified measurements, with Lee Priest being one of them. His arms measured a little under 21", so a lot of the top pros in the Olympias, like Ronnie, Kevin, Nasser, Flex, Dillett, Francois, Fux etc all easily had well over 22" arms, with some of them having 23 something inch arms, all while weighing under 300 lb in contest shape.

Pics don't tell the whole story, but to actually deny what you see in just about ALL of them, not to mention video clips of those contests simply means he doesn't want it to be true because it refutes and falsifies his little ratio chart, which is a load of crap anyway. Look at how he simply ignored those pics of the 2000 Olympia and is now back to saying you can't have 22" arms unless you weigh well over 300 lb, even though anyone can see some of the top pros did it weighing around 250 lb.

I know it is laughable....

Let's take the infamous Arthur Jones measurements for example.....anybody actually have a pic  ;)  NO....but it is cited as the holy fucking grail of arm measurements. Whose to say he didn't pull the tape too tight on Arnold because Sergio was his boy, or not measure the biggest part of the arm?  

Arm measurements are bullshit all the way around.............until someone devises a universal way to measure everyone exactly the same....it's crap.

PS  I agree with everything you said except the Nasser part...........his arms were shitty and small  :D

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #455 on: April 15, 2010, 01:55:01 AM »
PS  I agree with everything you said except the Nasser part...........his arms were shitty and small  :D

;D

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #456 on: April 15, 2010, 02:31:52 AM »
Maybe put your head in a vise and let someone squeeze it ?

Love these guys who think you are obligated to post  pics on demand  ::)

;D
choice is an illusion

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #457 on: April 15, 2010, 02:38:57 AM »
What makes me laugh is some of those verified measurements are from flex
the same magazine who repeatedly print that coleman's arms are between 23 - 24 inches
he somehow sweeps this to the side and goes with the measurments that fits into his "formula"
choice is an illusion

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #458 on: April 15, 2010, 02:45:04 AM »
I personally measured Arnold's upper arm at 21 1/2 inches at Golds Gym in October 1968. He was weighing about 250 pounds. The measurement was taken after a workout in the change room so it was not a fully pumped measurement.

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #459 on: April 15, 2010, 02:48:46 AM »
Luke will never believe this unless you put the word verified
in bold at the end of the post
choice is an illusion

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #460 on: April 15, 2010, 02:53:00 AM »
LOL mes

I personally measured Arnold's upper arm at 21 1/2 inches at Golds Gym in October 1968. He was weighing about 250 pounds. The measurement was taken after a workout in the change room so it was not a fully pumped measurement.

Yet another sample of proof from a first person's perspective that negates Luke's body weight / arm size ratio chart. But again, he'll refuse to take this into account and stick with that one instance where AJ measured Arnie's arms.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #461 on: April 15, 2010, 03:35:31 AM »
LOL. You need commas, or better sentence structure, Vince.  ;)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #462 on: April 15, 2010, 03:45:30 AM »
Maybe Goodrum can help him out with some links to online courses.

kiwiol

• Getbig V
  • Who is John Galt?
« Reply #463 on: April 15, 2010, 03:46:13 AM »

What, you've never made a Freudian slip before? ::) ;D

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #464 on: April 15, 2010, 04:45:10 AM »
I personally measured Arnold's penis at 7 1/2 inches at Golds Gym in October 1968. He was weighing about 250 pounds. The measurement was taken after a workout in the change room and it was not a fully erect measurement.

:o

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #465 on: April 15, 2010, 04:51:19 AM »
just kidding, Vince ;D

Its great that you interacted with greats such as Arnold (the greatest), in their heyday.

how did you get onto the subject of measuring though, was he receptive, and did you plan it, having a tape measure with you?

also, maybe back then it was different, but to me, I wouldnt find it natural nowadays approaching Cutler in changeroom and asking him vital stats and measure him. Not trying to imply anything, its just how times have changed, nowadays its not a natural thing, back then it was probably normal...

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #466 on: April 15, 2010, 05:28:27 AM »
I also read somewhere in flex auther also measured Paul dillets arm at 23 inches
luke
choice is an illusion

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #467 on: April 15, 2010, 05:46:21 AM »
I arrived in LA in the same week Arnold did. That was way back in October 1968. I had a VW beetle and $200 in cash and a credit card. I lasted a month and slept in my car for a week until Chip Wilson and his mate from Chicago let me sleep on their sofa. Joe Gold let me train for free. All he wanted to know was how long I would be there. Nice guy. He turned down my offer to do work around the club in lieu of fees. Arnold was a big star even then and fresh from a defeat by Frank Zane in a Mr Universe contest in Florida. He trained at Vince's Gym in North Hollywood and even in those days had guys hanging around him. There was always an entourage with him. He hung out at Santa Monica and Venice Beaches with his mates. I talked to him at Golds Gym where he came to train legs. Gironda didn't believe in squats so didn't have a squat rack. Joe had a much better gym and it was closer to the beach where the gang hung out after working out. For some meals they went to an all you can eat smorgasbord and made pigs out of themselves. Sir Georges or something like that at 16th and Santa Monica Ave or close by. Anyway, one day when I was at Golds Gym we were in the change room together so I asked if I could measure his arms. No worries. He said I would have to wait a few weeks before I could measure his calves. I did measure him around the shoulders and he was about 62 inches which was more than my 5 foot tape could measure. I always kept a tape with me so I could measure my arms and calves after a workout to see if I was getting any bigger. That was what Larry Scott recommended. He figured if you could pump your arms bigger you would be bigger the next day. That is more or less true.

I took a couple of photos that day of Arnold, Zabo and Chuck Fautz.  I had that photo published in Muscle Training Illustrated. I wouldn't send photos to Weider. I ran out of bloody film so never got any more shots. I left LA at the end of October and didn't see Arnold and Dave Draper until Honolulu in Feb 1969, where they were putting on a show for Mits Kowashima. One evening I was talking about height and how bodybuilders exaggerate how tall they are. I was 100% right and everyone I measured was at least 1/2 inch shorter than they claimed they were including Arnold who said he was 6-2. Arnold was 6 feet 1 1/2 inches on the scale in Mits Gym.

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #468 on: April 15, 2010, 06:27:22 AM »
I arrived in LA in the same week Arnold did. That was way back in October 1968. I had a VW beetle and $200 in cash and a credit card. I lasted a month and slept in my car for a week until Chip Wilson and his mate from Chicago let me sleep on their sofa. Joe Gold let me train for free. All he wanted to know was how long I would be there. Nice guy. He turned down my offer to do work around the club in lieu of fees. Arnold was a big star even then and fresh from a defeat by Frank Zane in a Mr Universe contest in Florida. He trained at Vince's Gym in North Hollywood and even in those days had guys hanging around him. There was always an entourage with him. He hung out at Santa Monica and Venice Beaches with his mates. I talked to him at Golds Gym where he came to train legs. Gironda didn't believe in squats so didn't have a squat rack. Joe had a much better gym and it was closer to the beach where the gang hung out after working out. For some meals they went to an all you can eat smorgasbord and made pigs out of themselves. Sir Georges or something like that at 16th and Santa Monica Ave or close by. Anyway, one day when I was at Golds Gym we were in the change room together so I asked if I could measure his arms. No worries. He said I would have to wait a few weeks before I could measure his calves. I did measure him around the shoulders and he was about 62 inches which was more than my 5 foot tape could measure. I always kept a tape with me so I could measure my arms and calves after a workout to see if I was getting any bigger. That was what Larry Scott recommended. He figured if you could pump your arms bigger you would be bigger the next day. That is more or less true.

I took a couple of photos that day of Arnold, Zabo and Chuck Fautz.  I had that photo published in Muscle Training Illustrated. I wouldn't send photos to Weider. I ran out of bloody film so never got any more shots. I left LA at the end of October and didn't see Arnold and Dave Draper until Honolulu where they were putting on a show for Mits Kowashima. One evening I was talking about height and how bodybuilders exaggerate how tall they are. I was 100% right and everyone I measured was at least 1/2 inch shorter than they claimed they were including Arnold who said he was 6-2. Arnold was 6 feet 1 1/2 inches on the scale in Mits Gym.

Good story Vince, those old days had to be cool to hangout with those guys.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #469 on: April 15, 2010, 06:31:09 AM »
21.5 inches? vince

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #470 on: April 15, 2010, 06:34:29 AM »
Yes, Arnold's arm was an honest 21 1/2 inches. I was surprised but he was huge. Perhaps he was at his heaviest when he first arrived in LA. The photo above where he is doing dance work to help his posing shows him at a much lighter bodyweight.

TRIX

• Getbig IV
  • If you mess with me I'll have to fuck you up
« Reply #471 on: April 15, 2010, 06:40:29 AM »
those pics are from PUMPING IRON... everyone looks big at low bodyfat on camera, especially when they zoom in. but whatever, i am only 5'7.5 arnold is 6'1.5.. maybe my thoughts on 21 inch arms are screwed from seeing shorter dudes with 20's looking huge

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #472 on: April 15, 2010, 08:44:55 AM »
Vince,

thanks for sharing, were you in your Mr Canada shape then?

Amazing you knew the Governator quite well then. Did you stay in touch, did he remain approachable as his fame grew?

MAXX

• Getbig V
  • MAGA
« Reply #473 on: April 15, 2010, 09:17:39 AM »

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
« Reply #474 on: April 15, 2010, 09:52:18 AM »
Where is luke to hear this verified measurement from mr vince bascile
choice is an illusion