Author Topic: Do you have the believe the Bible is the 100% word of God to be a Christian?  (Read 21118 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
All versions of the Bible, in all languages, translated from the surviving Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts are The Word of God, and that includes the King James Version.

So it is your contention that one doesn't have to believe the bible is the 100% WOG to be a Christian and be saved?

OzmO

• Getbig V
Where?

Gee I'm very surprised you don't know where.   ::)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Show me where it says one must believe a book assembled 300 years after Jesus's death and much of which was written 50 years after his death to be saved.

Jesus outlined the path to salvation clearly.  He didn't included the bible in it.

Where?

OzmO

• Getbig V

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Show me where it says one must believe a book assembled 300 years after Jesus's death and much of which was written 50 years after his death to be saved.

Jesus outlined the path to salvation clearly.  He didn't included the bible in it.

So you heard this little voice in your head that said it was from Jesus and this voice "outlined the path to salvation clearly" to you?

OzmO

• Getbig V
So you heard this little voice in your head that said it was from Jesus and this voice "outlined the path to salvation clearly" to you?

did you?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
So it is your contention that one doesn't have to believe the bible is the 100% WOG to be a Christian and be saved?

Unless Jesus or any of his 12 Apostles speaks to you directly from Heaven, then yes, you do have to believe that the Bible is the Word of God in order to be saved through grace, by faith in Jesus Christ.  Otherwise, you are not making any sense here.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
did you?

No, not me.  I believe the Bible is The Word of God.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Unless Jesus or any of his 12 Apostles speaks to you directly from Heaven, then yes, you do have to believe that the Bible is the Word of God in order to be saved through grace, by faith in Jesus Christ.  Otherwise, you are not making any sense here.

No, because when Jesus said it the bible didn't even exist.  You are the one not making any sense.

OzmO

• Getbig V
All versions of the Bible, in all languages, translated from the surviving Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts are The Word of God, and that includes the King James Version.

So I ask you, do you have to believe:  All versions of the Bible, in all languages, translated from the surviving Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts are The Word of God  to be a christian/saved?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
No, because when Jesus said it the bible didn't even exist.  You are the one not making any sense.

Oh, yes it did.  What do you think Jesus kept quoting constantly about Himself? What do you think Jesus got up and read to the Jews at the synagogue about Himself?

Besides, when Jesus said it, Jesus was there saying it, and his apostles and other followers were there listening, and they wrote it down.  I believe in what they wrote down by faith.  So you either believe what they wrote down about what Jesus said or you must be hearing voices from Heaven.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
So I ask you, do you have to believe:  All versions of the Bible, in all languages, translated from the surviving Hebrew, Aramaic and Greek texts are The Word of God  to be a christian/saved?

I believe you do, and I don't understand how you could otherwise.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Oh, yes it did.  What do you think Jesus kept quoting constantly about Himself? What do you think Jesus got up and read to the Jews at the synagogue about Himself?

Besides, when Jesus said it, Jesus was there saying it, and his apostles and other followers were there listening, and they wrote it down.  I believe what they wrote down by faith.  So you either believe what they wrote down about what Jesus said or you must be hearing voices from Heaven.

Oh really he quoted and read the letters paul wrote before he wrote them?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Oh really he read the letters paul wrote before he wrote them?

He read the Bible. You said that when Jesus said "it" the bible didn't even exist.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Oh really he quote and read the letters paul wrote before he wrote them?

Paul saw and heard Jesus.  Have you seen or heard Jesus?

OzmO

• Getbig V
Paul saw and heard Jesus.  Have you seen or heard Jesus?

So did thomas and a bunch of other people.  yet those accounts are not the WOG?   By the same logic, which is flawed anyway, they should be too.

side note:  was it Decide who said Paul never even met or saw Jesus or do i have thins wrong?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
So did thomas and a bunch of other people.

side note:  was it Decide who said Paul never even met or saw Jesus or do i have thins wrong?

Are you Thomas or any of those people?

Deicide has said that there is no Jesus, that there never was.

OzmO

• Getbig V
Are you Thomas or any of those people?

Deicide has said that there is no Jesus, that there never was.

Are you?

Point is, Jesus said what he said 300 years before the bible came into being.  before that there were other gospels, other writings all after he said what he said.

the bible didn't exist when he said it. 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Are you?

No, I'm not.  I don't have Jesus here to tell me.  I don't have those people who heard him here to tell me.  But I have the Bible.  I believe that the Bible is the Word of God.

Point is, Jesus said what he said 300 years before the bible came into being.  before that there were other gospels, other writings all after he said what he said.

the bible didn't exist when he said it. 

The Hebrew Bible had already been around for 400 years by the time Jesus was born, and it speaks about Jesus and about salvation and Jesus read it to the people and pointed out it was speaking of Him.

The Gospels and the rest of the New Testament were already in circulation before all those who had heard and seen Jesus had passed away.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
So did thomas and a bunch of other people.  yet those accounts are not the WOG?   By the same logic, which is flawed anyway, they should be too.

Paul wholly admits never having seen Jesus and only refers to him in visions, makes no concrete references to him or any of the events in the gospels which purportedly depict his life...just a phantasm. Later on the gospel writers would invent their stories...

I hate the State.

OzmO

• Getbig V
No, I'm not.  I don't have Jesus here to tell me.  I don't have those people who heard him here to tell me.  But I have the Bible.  I believe that the Bible is the Word of God.

The Hebrew Bible had already been around for 400 years by the time Jesus was born, and it speaks about Jesus and about salvation and Jesus read it to the people and pointed out it was speaking of Him.

The Gospels and the rest of the New Testament were already in circulation before all those who had heard and seen Jesus had passed away.

Is the Hebrew bible the ENTIRE bible?

Did the New Testament exist when Jesus was alive?

People who saw and heard Jesus were alive 300 years later? 

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Makes up most of it.

Jesus is alive

No.  Where do you get 300 years?

The written New Testament was in circulation within 40 years of Jesus' ministry.

Eisenherz

• Getbig IV
  • Uber oder unter?
2 Kings 2:23-24 (KJV)

23 And he went up from thence unto Bethel: and as he was going up by the way, there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.

24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the LORD. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.

Do christian realy believe this shit?  God loves everyone but then he sends two bears to kill 42 children?! WTF..
LOL now lets say this did happen, 2 bears vs 42 children.. Are you telling me they all just stood around watching the bears kill them without even thinking once "oh shit lets run"??

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

Where?

Gee I'm very surprised you don't know where.   ::)

Why would I know where in the world you got your outlined path to salvation from Jesus if you don't believe in the authenticity of the Gospels and of the rest of the New Testament?

So let me ask you again.  You claim that "Jesus outlined the path to salvation clearly"  and I ask you where?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...

Was Jesus ever alive?
I hate the State.