Author Topic: Tom Prince "Anything over 1200mg per day is a waste"- AAS  (Read 39929 times)

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
Re: Tom Prince "Anything over 1200mg per day is a waste"- AAS
« Reply #75 on: May 14, 2011, 09:46:16 AM »
I gotta say ( and I'm being VERY serious here ) this is a pretty damn good thread. Very informative, actually. Personally, I don't know enough about steroids to comment on that particular area of the thread. However, I do know, FOR FACT, that pro's of " yesteryear " worked 100000000000000 ( are you getting the picture ) 000000x harder than the pros of today.

Case in point, I USE TO know a top level national competitor that would only train twice, maybe three times in a week. Yet, this guy was HUGE !!!!! Bigger than a couple of pro's I'd seen. Especially his traps and shoulders. I remember asking him if I could train with him. And, man, was I excited ! But, damn, I was lifting twice the weight he was doing with 100x times the intensity level. That day, my friends, I had a reality check. I asked him, " What do you do for your traps ? " He laughed at me and said, ". Nothin'. I haven't trained my traps in YEARS ! " I was dumbfounded. Here was this guy, 10x my size, barely liftin' decent weight, with little to no intensity. What the fuck ?? He just basically stated to me that bb'ing is all drugs. Drugs are numero uno and training isn't the most important thing on the menu. Told me if I ate and took drugs, I could look at weights and blow up ! Lolololol !! Well, it seemed to work for him ! I don't know what he was on, but I do remember him telling me that other top national level competitors ( some, anyways ) were using A LOT more shit than the pro's ! Lol ! Blew my mind !

The_Leafy_Bug

« Reply #76 on: May 14, 2011, 10:07:44 AM »
I can guarantee he meant 1200/ week...
Not bashing Tom or anything but i know these type of people. What they do always changes from this to that. They never have a straight story. Perhaps that was a slip of his unconscious. He wanted to say week but said what he truly did as in a day. Fact of the matter is we will never know. I have posted pics of my friend who i know is clean and gotten a 10 page thread of flames saying he was lying to me.

lesaucer

« Reply #77 on: May 14, 2011, 10:38:56 AM »
tom is right, around 1200mg is max, anything more is wasted all you get is more sides and body has to cleanse more toxins.. when you max out on this amount only thing that will grow you more is GH

Stavios

« Reply #78 on: May 14, 2011, 10:47:11 AM »
LOL at this thread  ;D

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #79 on: May 14, 2011, 12:14:27 PM »
 :D

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #80 on: May 14, 2011, 12:18:15 PM »
Some of these responses are priceless....allow me to clear up a few misconceptions boys...

The guys in the old days took as much shit (relative to what they had at the time) as any BBers of any era since...especially since they had 100 percent pharma grade gear at the disposal, and no one gave a shit legally...some of actually believe there was some sort of "moral compass" that they adhered to...? LOL. PLEASE....They took shit by the handfuls, and often....One only needs to look at the stories of Michalick and Grymko for a general idea of the abuse that took place.

It's not like they were being selective of what gear they wanted to take and what not too....had GH, IGF1, and any other assortment of designer steroids been invented at the time, you can bet your ass they would have been taking them too...

as for training...they did train harder...at the expense of training SMARTER, as they didn't know any better for the info tha was present at the time...Overtraining, over dieting, starvation diets using Adepex as a suppressant for appetite, lack of recovery, crappy equipment,  etc, etc....gym wise, they trained no harder than the pros

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #81 on: May 14, 2011, 12:27:41 PM »
Some of these responses are priceless....allow me to clear up a few misconceptions boys...

The guys in the old days took as much shit (relative to what they had at the time) as any BBers of any era since...especially since they had 100 percent pharma grade gear at the disposal, and no one gave a shit legally...some of actually believe there was some sort of "moral compass" that they adhered to...? LOL. PLEASE....They took shit by the handfuls, and often....One only needs to look at the stories of Michalick and Grymko for a general idea of the abuse that took place.

It's not like they were being selective of what gear they wanted to take and what not too....had GH, IGF1, and any other assortment of designer steroids been invented at the time, you can bet your ass they would have been taking them too...

as for training...they did train harder...at the expense of training SMARTER, as they didn't know any better for the info tha was present at the time...Overtraining, over dieting, starvation diets using Adepex as a suppressant for appetite, lack of recovery, crappy equipment,  etc, etc....gym wise, they trained no harder than the pros

Great post! very informative.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: May 14, 2011, 12:38:12 PM »
good post chick

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #83 on: May 14, 2011, 12:39:42 PM »
Yes, Bob is right this time. And not even angry   :)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #84 on: May 14, 2011, 05:42:00 PM »

as for training...they did train harder...at the expense of training SMARTER, as they didn't know any better for the info tha was present at the time...Overtraining, over dieting, starvation diets using Adepex as a suppressant for appetite, lack of recovery, crappy equipment,  etc, etc....gym wise, they trained no harder than the pros

good post, Chick.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #85 on: May 14, 2011, 05:54:25 PM »
 1200 is a doseage that alot of pros could probably cruise at during the offseason when they are eating tons and using gh and insulin. you can get away with less drugs doing that. but come diet time, these guys are injecting in terms of cc's per day.

Reeves

• Getbig IV
« Reply #86 on: May 14, 2011, 05:58:44 PM »
In all honesty there is what is termed an "effective dose" for all medications.  I should think anything more would be just pissing your money away.  And your kidneys, liver, etc.

Sans his dope, Prince is more princess.  And that's the truth about all performance enhancing drugs.  Tom Prince deserves to be dinky.  ;D

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #87 on: May 14, 2011, 06:02:15 PM »
absolutely there is such a thing as diminishing returns. the thing is, steroids are tricky. the more you take the more you can take, and the bigger you get the more you need.

Nirvana

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: May 14, 2011, 06:12:37 PM »
let's end the thread

Chick, what's your craziest cycle?

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: May 14, 2011, 06:15:01 PM »
let's end the thread

Chick, what's your craziest cycle?

250mg Enanthate e10d.  ::) ::)

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #90 on: May 14, 2011, 06:19:27 PM »

as for training...they did train harder...at the expense of training SMARTER, as they didn't know any better for the info tha was present at the time...Overtraining, over dieting, starvation diets using Adepex as a suppressant for appetite, lack of recovery, crappy equipment,  etc, etc....gym wise, they trained no harder than the pros

QFT.
w

suckmymuscle

« Reply #91 on: May 14, 2011, 06:28:41 PM »

The guys in the old days took as much shit (relative to what they had at the time) as any BBers of any era since...

Bullshit. Let's see: testosterone, deca, Primobolan, Parabolan,, etc. All these drugs were introduced into the market in Europe in the late 1960s to early 1970s. Even more powerful drugs, like Anadrol and D-dol, have been available since the late 1950s. Anadrol was introduced in 1958! So according to you, the pros of that era took as much steroids as the ones today? So Boyer Coe, Frank Zane, Larry Scott, etc, were all taking up to 4,500 mg of testosterone a week, 1,400 mg of trenbolone and whole boxes of Hemogenin(Anadrol) a day? I am asking this because I lived in Brazil and knew top amateur bodybuilders there and they flat out told me this is the amount they take, and they are much smaller than American and European IFBB pros. Saying that the only reason why pros today are so much bigger is because they train smarter is ridiculous! You are pretty much being a PR for bodybuilding and parroting FLEX Magazine lines. These guys wouldn't step onstage at around 210 lbs like they did if they took this amount of drugs. Hell, horses given pellets of trenbolone gain up to 50% more lean muscle in less than a year without even working out!

especially since they had 100 percent pharma grade gear at the disposal,

Oh please, "pharma grade" is bullshit. A molecule is a molecule is a molecule. A molecule of testosterone in Sustanon is the same molecule in a vial of Reforvit for veterinarian applications. The only difference between pharmaceutical-grade steroids and those for veterinarian applications is sterility only!!!! Human preparations have less impurities than those for Veterinarian applications so as to avoid infections on Humans, but the molecule there is the same. What ignorance. You obviously don't know high school chemistry otherwise you would know that a molecule is a molecule.

and no one gave a shit legally...some of actually believe there was some sort of "moral compass" that they adhered to...? LOL. PLEASE....

Not a moral compass, but what they considered to be safe and effective. They went by the medical handbook back then for doses that were considered effective for anabolism, because steroids were prescribed by doctors and they could not prescribe more than a certain dose. Most pros didn't want to mess with the illegal market, so they went straight to the doctor and asked them to prescribe steroids for them. Arnold especifically said he had a doctor in SoCal that prescribed him his d-bol and Primobolan and he never had to turn to black market.

They took shit by the handfuls, and often....

If these pros knew what modern bodybilders took they would be aghast and appalled. What they considered abuse is a joke compared to what modern pros take. I have seen a Brazilian National bodybuilding champion injecting 4 ampoules of Durateston at once(same syringe), and he told me he would do that another two times that week. That is 3,000 mg of testosterone, and these guys are much smaller than IFBB pros so just imagine what Olympia-level pros take.

One only needs to look at the stories of Michalick and Grymko for a general idea of the abuse that took place.

First of all, they were being facetious. Secondly, in their stories they never mention taking entire boxes of Hemogenin a day or up to a gram of test in one day. Not even close to that.

It's not like they were being selective of what gear they wanted to take and what not too....

They took what their doctors prescribed them, and the doctors went by the medical handbook for doses. That is, 200 mg of Deca a week for weight gain/anabolism purposes. 20 mg of d-bol a day for 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off cycle. Those were the doses of the 1970s. Back then, bodybuilders still believed that big muscles came from training and that drugs were only to help with recovery. The modern idea that drugs do the real job of muscle-building and that the training is just a catalyst started in the late 1980s.

had GH, IGF1, and any other assortment of designer steroids been invented at the time, you can bet your ass they would have been taking them too...

True.

That is true, but it is besides the point. I am talking about the mentality of the pros of that era compared to the ones of today and not about training effectiveness. The bottom line is that they believed that training was the most important thing for muscle gains and that steroids were just a compliment. That is the opposite of modern pros, who believe that drugs are the most important thing for muscle gains and that training is a secondary consideration. Modern pros give a lot more attention and importance to their drug cycles than to their training. This is the opposite of 1960s and 1970s pros for whom training was the most important consideration.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

WillGrant

• Getbig V
  • Ron is Watching
« Reply #92 on: May 14, 2011, 06:34:44 PM »
Idiot! Arnold took 250 mg of Primobolan a week and 30 mg of D-bol a day when preparing for the 1974 Olympia when he came in his best shape ever. You idiots greatly overestimate the amount of steroids that the pros took up to the mid 1980s. For them, steroids were only a finishing touch. They worked ten times harder than modern bodybuilders and even Arnold at close to 6'2 competed at only 237 lbs at his heaviest bodyweight ever. This shows just how much more steroids modern pros take than those from that era.

SUCKMYMUSCLE
hahaha fuckwit - you were there right ?  ::)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #93 on: May 14, 2011, 06:37:05 PM »
I think Chick meant HG as opposed to UG, not vetenarian.

The_Iron_Disciple

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Team New Dad
« Reply #94 on: May 14, 2011, 06:38:02 PM »
 Bullshit. Let's see: testosterone, deca, Primobolan, Parabolan,, etc. All these drugs were introduced into the market in Europe in the late 1960s to early 1970s. Even more powerful drugs, like Anadrol and D-dol, have been available since the late 1950s. Anadrol was introduced in 1958! So according to you, the pros of that era took as much steroids as the ones today? So Boyer Coe, Frank Zane, Larry Scott, etc, were all taking up to 4,500 mg of testosterone a week, 1,400 mg of trenbolone and whole boxes of Hemogenin(Anadrol) a day? I am asking this because I lived in Brazil and knew top amateur bodybuilders there and they flat out told me this is the amount they take, and they are much smaller than American and European IFBB pros. Saying that the only reason why pros today are so much bigger is because they train smarter is ridiculous! You are pretty much being a PR for bodybuilding and parroting FLEX Magazine lines. These guys wouldn't step onstage at around 210 lbs like they did if they took this amount of drugs. Hell, horses given pellets of trenbolone gain up to 50% more lean muscle in less than a year without even working out!

Oh please, "pharma grade" is bullshit. A molecule is a molecule is a molecule. A molecule of testosterone in Sustanon is the same molecule in a vial of Reforvit for veterinarian applications. The only difference between pharmaceutical-grade steroids and those for veterinarian applications is sterility only!!!! Human preparations have less impurities than those for Veterinarian applications so as to avoid infections on Humans, but the molecule there is the same. What ignorance. You obviously don't know high school chemistry otherwise you would know that a molecule is a molecule.

Not a moral compass, but what they considered to be safe and effective. They went by the medical handbook back then for doses that were considered effective for anabolism, because steroids were prescribed by doctors and they could not prescribe more than a certain dose. Most pros didn't want to mess with the illegal market, so they went straight to the doctor and asked them to prescribe steroids for them. Arnold especifically said he had a doctor in SoCal that prescribed him his d-bol and Primobolan and he never had to turn to black market.

If these pros knew what modern bodybilders took they would be aghast and appalled. What they considered abuse is a joke compared to what modern pros take. I have seen a Brazilian National bodybuilding champion injecting 4 ampoules of Durateston at once(same syringe), and he told me he would do that another two times that week. That is 3,000 mg of testosterone, and these guys are much smaller than IFBB pros so just imagine what Olympia-level pros take.

First of all, they were being facetious. Secondly, in their stories they never mention taking entire boxes of Hemogenin a day or up to a gram of test in one day. Not even close to that.

They took what their doctors prescribed them, and the doctors went by the medical handbook for doses. That is, 200 mg of Deca a week for weight gain/anabolism purposes. 20 mg of d-bol a day for 4 weeks on, 2 weeks off cycle. Those were the doses of the 1970s. Back then, bodybuilders still believed that big muscles came from training and that drugs were only to help with recovery. The modern idea that drugs do the real job of muscle-building and that the training is just a catalyst started in the late 1980s.

True.

That is true, but it is besides the point. I am talking about the mentality of the pros of that era compared to the ones of today and not about training effectiveness. The bottom line is that they believed that training was the most important thing for muscle gains and that steroids were just a compliment. That is the opposite of modern pros, who believe that drugs are the most important thing for muscle gains and that training is a secondary consideration. Modern pros give a lot more attention and importance to their drug cycles than to their training. This is the opposite of 1960s and 1970s pros for whom training was the most important consideration.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

I know I'm probably in the minority, smm, but I actually enjoy reading your posts. :)

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #95 on: May 14, 2011, 06:45:46 PM »
Not according to GH14 1/4

retard! 1200mg of total aas is good dose ,,it depends on your fuckin size! ! ! 5'6 240 ....is not something you achieve  on 200mg of cyp lol even if it was as fat as you were lol is your lieing ass understand that 5'6 240 = 5'10 270? do you even get it in your head???  you can get great physiqe on 1200mg of aas ,,you can get great phsiqe as i stated before on 50mg testo proioneta every 2 days! and 150mg trenboona ace every 2 day and little masterona here and there...you can get great fitness model physiqe on it ,,you can maintain 195lb 6% on those doses.... this is how much  150mg propioneta and 450 mg trenbolona ace and 150-200 mg masterona a week  thats = about 1 gram total aas a week and you can be 197lb 6% ....

I NEVER SAID YOU HAVE TO USE MEGA DOSING TO BE HAVING GREAT PHSYIQE ,,it all depends on the size of the bodybuilder!! for god fuckin sake get it in your fuckin head,, you talk about 5'6 240lb bodybuilder using 200mg cyp you are liar ! you are twister of reality

and! not to forget gh and insulina which go into all time heights the more bodybuilder grow...hgh is very very important in bodybuilding ,,modern bodybuilding,,you stuck 200lb 6% ....you have nicely cute thick and lean physiqe but stuck...what bring it up again??? ummm coach?? what bring it up again? another 3lb on the incline bench lol NO what bring it up again is taking the fuckin needle of the insulina syrnge and put the gh into it and stick it in your delt ! or midsection ...preferably into the muscle as gh15 stated before.. that! what give you the new window of growth that later on 2 months later you can saturate again with lots of hormones as in more aas...and grow again to new size,,and since you were mother fuckin lean 6% guess what ....you wil remain mother fuckin lean only growwwwwwww lean ...

then at a point in time when body cant hold anymorethe increase in size...it wil all go to the gut! that also happen when you introduce insulina to the hgh after some time ,,pushign the food with insulina in ....introduction of more and more insulina with the hgh ...result in growth but the growth will be all over ..thats also where bodybuildgin fail ,,,thats why you fellas prefer the classic physiqes of 80s and early 90s over today mess,,

but! i wil say it again

1200mg of aas total a week can result in GREAT GREAT PHYSIQE

gh15 approved
fallen angel

suckmymuscle

« Reply #96 on: May 14, 2011, 06:48:25 PM »
hahaha fuckwit - you were there right ? 

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...fuckwit. Ok, so Arnold took 500 mg of D-bol a day, 10 grams of test a week and over a gram of Parabolan, and yet his heaviest competition weight ever was 237 lbs at close to 6'2 tall. Great logic there, idiot.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #97 on: May 14, 2011, 06:53:08 PM »
 Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha...fuckwit. Ok, so Arnold took 500 mg of D-bol a day, 10 grams of test a week and over a gram of Parabolan, and yet his heaviest competition weight ever was 237 lbs at close to 6'2 tall. Great logic there, idiot.

homeboy never trained his legs and did not take GH or insulin.

the old school guys took MORE steroids than the guys today, simply because they had far more access to them. and they all (well, most all) admit to it too. there are plenty of first hand confessions from guys that were big in the "golden era" about mega dosing. i know one guy on this site who knew arnold personally and has told me some stories about his useage. a few grams of parabolan was common.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #98 on: May 14, 2011, 07:03:59 PM »
homeboy never trained his legs and did not take GH or insulin.

the old school guys took MORE steroids than the guys today, simply because they had far more access to them. and they all (well, most all) admit to it too. there are plenty of first hand confessions from guys that were big in the "golden era" about mega dosing. i know one guy on this site who knew arnold personally and has told me some stories about his useage. a few grams of parabolan was common.

No. Just no. Bodybuilders from the 1960s and 1970s did not take even close to the amount of steroids modern bodybuilders take. Not even in the same ballpark. If they did, they would all have had more kidney, liver and heart problems than they did. No bodybuilder from that era had kidney and liver failure like many modern pros have(Tom Prince, Wheeler, Don Long, etc). Also, insulin and GH have little anabolic effect on their own. They synergistically boost the anabolic effect of steroids, but they have little effect on their own. If modern bodybuilders took the amount of steroids that the old timers took but simply added GH and inulin, they would be slightly bigger than the pros of old but nowhere close to the size they have today.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #99 on: May 14, 2011, 07:11:25 PM »
 No. Just no. Bodybuilders from the 1960s and 1970s did not take even close to the amount of steroids modern bodybuilders take. Not even in the same ballpark. If they did, they would all have had more kidney, liver and heart problems than they did. No bodybuilder from that era had kidney and liver failure like many modern pros have(Tom Prince, Wheeler, Don Long, etc). Also, insulin and GH have little anabolic effect on their own. They synergistically boost the anabolic effect of steroids, but they have little effect on their own. If modern bodybuilders took the amount of steroids that the old timers took but simply added GH and inulin, they would be slightly bigger than the pros of old but nowhere close to the size they have today.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

nah, GH is extremely anabolic, its the precursor to over 400 different growth factors. it wont make a skinny dude thick on its own, but if your a big dude on roids and havent used gh, it can add a considerable amount of muscle. look at ronnie in 2003 and kai in 2007/2008. thats what happens when you incorporate lots of gh. +20lbs of muscle for some guys. maybe more.

you forgot about that fact that arnold didnt train legs. had he had legs the size of todays guys he would have weighed probably 20-40 lbs more.

just one exaMple, super star billy graham admitted to taking 30 dbol per day along with "tripling up his injectables" at the same time. that right there is at least 150mg of dbol per day. all together thats at least 2 grams of gear. and thats what he admitted to.