Author Topic: More NAILS in the ORGANIC FOOD Coffin-162 studies for 50 years-no difference.  (Read 6622 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Pesticide studies flawed
http://www.buffalo.edu/ubreporter/archives/vol36/vol36n16/articles/Lockwood.html

http://www.ocfp.on.ca/English/OCFP/Communications/CurrentIssues/Pesticides/default.asp?s=1

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/9498903?dopt=Abstract

http://ehp.niehs.nih.gov/members/1998/Suppl-3/893-908zahm/zahm-full.html

better safe than sorry, I thought it was a free country?  Why would TA push pesticides on people who don't want to take the chance?  He posts taste tests for products that limit pesticides, how stupid is that? ::)  If you wanted to do a taste test, have people taste veggies from a home garden to those at the store.  You will taste the difference bigtime.  Especially with tomatoes.  TA, what do you give a shit if people want to buy organic foods?  Go buy whatever the fuck you want jackass and I'll buy what I want!
http://www.healthcastle.com/organic-produce-pesticides.shtml
I disagree.

We are currently growing about 30 different varieties of Tomatoes and theres no way you can tell the difference.

We grew about 20 varieties last year as well.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
Here is one of our Black Krim right now sporting a Mega-Bloom!
 :o

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I disagree.

We are currently growing about 30 different varieties of Tomatoes and theres no way you can tell the difference.

We grew about 20 varieties last year as well.
well your sense of taste sucks or your soil is depleted.  Since you eat crappy junkfood all the time, good probably tastes bad to you lol...  I went all organic, bone meal, blood meal etc, built up the soil for what I was growing in different areas.  There is no way in hell the store bought tomatoes are as good.   Infact, not even remotely close to as good.  The flavor of mine were several times richer.  The texture is also another issue that was noticeably better than store bought.  I really don't care what you agree or disagree with, I know what I know and you make crazy shit up as it suits you.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Oh yea, I didn't use ANY pesticides either and I did not lose anything to insects.  I lost shit to an early frost, but not once did I go out picking and end up tossing something do to critters.  We never use to give a shit about that back in the day even if there was a bug or worm.  Just cut that off and ate the rest.  Pesticides are mainly to appease pussies affraid of seeing a worm ::)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
TA ::)  30 different tomatoes?  How fucking big is your garden, an acre?  I need pics or I'm calling BS.  Nobody that eats the amount of shitty food you have would be growing 30 different tomatoes.... 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
TA ::)  30 different tomatoes?  How fucking big is your garden, an acre?  I need pics or I'm calling BS.  Nobody that eats the amount of shitty food you have would be growing 30 different tomatoes.... 

Exactly...this is coming from someone who's grandfather is 93 years old and still to this day helps to feed his family with a 1/2 acre garden.  The kid obviously has no clue what work it takes.  My grandfather's tomatoes are so delicous it is indescribable; as I'm sure your's are to as you have gone all organic.  Not to mention when we are picking and shucking corn it isn't a big deal to see a worm, pick it out, and throw it in the yard and watch a bird swoop in and eat it.   ;D  That is also some of the sweetest corn you can ever have right off of the cob!

I don't believe companies that have a stake in money when they say something is safe to eat when they have things such as fish genes in corn, or when a company can sue a farmer when crops do what they're supposed to do and pollinate.  Let's not mention the fact that Monsanto lobbied to not have their lables changed to show they are hormone enriched, or GMOs.  I have a right to know period.  You just don't get it TA, people have that right.

Hugo...do you compost?  Also, I have a nice pepper spray(homemade) that helps with not only insects, but critters such as birds, sqirrels, and other rodents if you ever do have that problem. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Exactly...this is coming from someone who's grandfather is 93 years old and still to this day helps to feed his family with a 1/2 acre garden.  The kid obviously has no clue what work it takes.  My grandfather's tomatoes are so delicous it is indescribable; as I'm sure your's are to as you have gone all organic.  Not to mention when we are picking and shucking corn it isn't a big deal to see a worm, pick it out, and throw it in the yard and watch a bird swoop in and eat it.   ;D  That is also some of the sweetest corn you can ever have right off of the cob!

I don't believe companies that have a stake in money when they say something is safe to eat when they have things such as fish genes in corn, or when a company can sue a farmer when crops do what they're supposed to do and pollinate.  Let's not mention the fact that Monsanto lobbied to not have their lables changed to show they are hormone enriched, or GMOs.  I have a right to know period.  You just don't get it TA, people have that right.

Hugo...do you compost?  Also, I have a nice pepper spray(homemade) that helps with not only insects, but critters such as birds, sqirrels, and other rodents if you ever do have that problem. 

I was going to get a compost pile going last year but didn't.  Might get one going this year but maybe not.  We might be moving before next year and I don't think I would be up for moving compost :D

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
I was going to get a compost pile going last year but didn't.  Might get one going this year but maybe not.  We might be moving before next year and I don't think I would be up for moving compost :D

Ahhh...just put it in a plastic garbage can and move it, it will be fine. 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
MRD is right.....30 different types of tomatoes...holy christ, that bullshit is worse then his 100 deadlifts and all the rest of his crap.
L

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
MRD is right.....30 different types of tomatoes...holy christ, that bullshit is worse then his 100 deadlifts and all the rest of his crap.

Don't forget all of the other crops his Jezebelle is pulling out of the garden.  Douche, it's an insult to everybody who actually tries to grow their own food. 

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
would he hellawork to keep them from cross pollinating.  It was a shitload of work for me just dealing with 5 different types last year.  And lol, we had more tomatoes than we could handle.  I planted to much.  TA must be feeding a village lol...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
would he hellawork to keep them from cross pollinating.  It was a shitload of work for me just dealing with 5 different types last year.  And lol, we had more tomatoes than we could handle.  I planted to much.  TA must be feeding a village lol...
I have some NARX crosses I can send you if you like.

Yes, we grow a ton of tomatoes. 

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!

Exactly!  LOL  I think we keep it to three and it more than feeds our family.  Granted, a 1/2 acre is a good bit of land to produce food when you know what you are doing.  

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
well your sense of taste sucks or your soil is depleted.  Since you eat crappy junkfood all the time, good probably tastes bad to you lol...  I went all organic, bone meal, blood meal etc, built up the soil for what I was growing in different areas.  There is no way in hell the store bought tomatoes are as good.   Infact, not even remotely close to as good.  The flavor of mine were several times richer.  The texture is also another issue that was noticeably better than store bought.  I really don't care what you agree or disagree with, I know what I know and you make crazy shit up as it suits you.
You do realize that Fast Food companies and Heinz are THE LARGEST purchaser of Tomatoes.

Also, Fast Food companies have helped the Tomato industry greatly by pushing for the most disease resistant, highly developed taste with perfect acidity.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I consider Bobby Flay to be one of the greatest Chefs.  I am currently cooking through his Burger cookbook.  I am sorry you think he is not up to standard. I think you are DEAD WRONG here.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
Last garden I did Roma tomatoes, the big hamburger ones, basil and Thai chili's. I had more then I needed and it was tiny. My golden got addicted to tomatoes because I had to get rid of them. TA's a tool.....how long until we get a massive 2 page horticulture cut and paste job.
L

kcballer

• Getbig V
  • In you I feel so pretty, In you I taste God
how sad is that TA all this tampering and pesticide, gene manipulation and they still can't produce a food more nutritious than nature?  Wow.  your blind faith in science is rather foolish, the usda is never going to advocate for organic produce when a majority of it's farmers and companies use pesticides.  it'd be suicide they'd all be replaced by other officials who would tout the party line.  

Don't you find it alarming ta that for all the advances and changes made to food they can't make it better than nature?  you've kind of owned yourself by posting this.  
Abandon every hope...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
how sad is that TA all this tampering and pesticide, gene manipulation and they still can't produce a food more nutritious than nature?  Wow.  your blind faith in science is rather foolish, the usda is never going to advocate for organic produce when a majority of it's farmers and companies use pesticides.  it'd be suicide they'd all be replaced by other officials who would tout the party line.  

Don't you find it alarming ta that for all the advances and changes made to food they can't make it better than nature?  you've kind of owned yourself by posting this.  
You are misinformed.  Universities are always coming out with new and improved strains of crops that are MORE nutritious with higher crop yields even.

There is no such thing as "Mother Nature".   What do you mean "Mother Nature"?

Do you realize if it weren`t for 50,000 years of artificial selection of Agriculture, most plants would be inedible.

kcballer

• Getbig V
You are misinformed.  Universities are always coming out with new and improved strains of crops that are MORE nutritious.

There is no such thing as "Mother Nature".   What do you mean "Mother Nature"?

Do you realize if it weren`t for 50,000 years of artificial selection of Agriculture, most plants would be inedible.

if they are more nutritious then where exactly are they in this study?  didn't the study say for the past 50 years they can't find much of a nutritional difference? so for 50 eyars science hasn't been able to make food that's better than before they started trying?  talk about waste of time.
Abandon every hope...

MRDUMPLING

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
You do realize that Fast Food companies and Heinz are THE LARGEST purchaser of Tomatoes.

Also, Fast Food companies have helped the Tomato industry greatly by pushing for the most disease resistant, highly developed taste with perfect acidity.

You consider crappy, thin, faded tomatoes to have perfect taste?  You are delusional. 

how sad is that TA all this tampering and pesticide, gene manipulation and they still can't produce a food more nutritious than nature?  Wow.  your blind faith in science is rather foolish, the usda is never going to advocate for organic produce when a majority of it's farmers and companies use pesticides.  it'd be suicide they'd all be replaced by other officials who would tout the party line.

QFT I guess we do agree on some things.   ;D

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
if they are more nutritious then where exactly are they in this study?  didn't the study say for the past 50 years they can't find much of a nutritional difference? so for 50 eyars science hasn't been able to make food that's better than before they started trying?  talk about waste of time.
Take Yukon Gold Potatoes for instance.  Those are relatively new circa 1981, developed by the University of Guleph in Canada.

No chef worth his weight would EVER use anything other than Yukon gold because of its intense Flavor and High Starch content.

This is just one example of thousands and thousands.

"mother nature" would have never given us a Yukon Gold Potato.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
http://www.umaine.edu/paa/Varieties/yukongold.htm

Yukon Gold

ORIGIN: Released jointly by Agriculture Canada and the University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario, Canada in 1981. Yukon Gold was selected from a cross between W5279-4 (a yellow-fleshed diploid hybrid of Solanum phureja and haploid cv Katahdin) and Norgleam. It was tested under the pedigree G6666-4Y.
CHARACTERISTICS: Yukon Gold has medium-early maturity (late in the mid-Atlantic Region of the U.S.), moderate yields, moderate specific gravity and relatively attractive tuber type. Plants are medium-large to large and upright. Stems are purplish but are more green in the upper portion of the plant. Leaf petioles extend downward. Nodes are not swollen. Leaves have a distinct terminal leaflet with four pairs of primary leaflets which are largest near the terminal leaflet. Secondary leaflets vary from two on lower leaves to 6-8 on upper leaves, usually in pairs. The number of tertiary leaves also increases from lower to upper leaves. Flowers are violet to light-violet with yellow anthers. Tubers slightly oval, may be somewhat flattened with yellow-white skin and light yellow tuber flesh. Its shallow, pink eyes distinguish Yukon Gold from other yellow-skinned, yellow-fleshed cultivars.

STRENGTHS & WEAKNESSES: Yukon Gold is resistant to mild mosaic, moderately resistant to leafroll virus and susceptible to virus Y, common scab and air pollution. In some growing areas, hollow heart and internal heat necrosis may be a problem. Yukon Gold retains the yellow flesh color when baked, boiled or french-fried. The attractive tubers are well suited for fresh marketing. Plant establishment is irregular, particularly from basal seed pieces. Pre-cut or whole seed is used in some areas to improve plant stands.

kcballer

• Getbig V
Take Yukon Gold Potatoes for instance.  Those are relatively new circa 1981, developed by the University of Guleph in Canada.

No chef worth his weight would EVER use anything other than Yukon gold because of its intense Flavor and High Starch content.

This is just one example of thousands and thousands.

"mother nature" would have never given us a Yukon Gold Potato.

so because we have on success on taste that makes it better?  kumara from new zealand tastes better to me than any potato.  this potato however is not more nutritious or it would have been sited in your study. you're clutching at straws desperately trying to prove something that your own evidence doesn't back up.  i'll say it again 50 years of looking and science still hasn't produced something nutritionally better.
Abandon every hope...

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
I wish some of you would actually research your crops and where and how they were developed.  You will find that "mother nature" did not produce them whatsoever.  Even Heirlooms for that matter.

What varieties are you guys growing or do you know?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
so because we have on success on taste that makes it better?  kumara from new zealand tastes better to me than any potato.  this potato however is not more nutritious or it would have been sited in your study. you're clutching at straws desperately trying to prove something that your own evidence doesn't back up.  i'll say it again 50 years of looking and science still hasn't produced something nutritionally better.
False.

Here is a recent example:

http://www.fruitnet.com/content.aspx?ttid=13&cid=6350

GM bananas to boost health
Greig Johnston | 31 March 2010 | Print | Download | Comment | Share
A trial of GM bananas is underway in Australia, in a bid to boost the nutritional content of staple foods in developing nations
The northern Australian state of Queensland is trialling the country’s first genetically modified (GM) bananas, as part of a programme funded by US billionaire Bill Gates.
The campaign is designed to improve the nutritional content of staple foods in developing countries, the Sydney Morning Herald reported.
'"Micro-nutrient deficiencies are one of the major public health problems in developing countries," said the project's coordinator, James Dale from the Queensland University of Technology.
Genes from the essential micro-nutrient pro vitamin A, which the human body converts to vitamin A, were inserted into a single cell of a Cavendish banana plant, and researchers then planted the offshoots from the resulting plant.
Professor Dale said the GM banana programme was designed to help east-African countries like Uganda, where vitamin A deficiencies are common. Symptoms of a vitamin A deficiency include impaired vision and immunity, as well as respiratory and bladder conditions.
"Bananas are the staple food of Ugandans. They eat on average 1kg per person per day," professor Dale said, an amount that would provide around half the recommended daily amount of pro vitamin A.

The trial crop was planted last April and took around a year to grow, with around 25 bunches harvested so far, and although the GM bananas look and feel normal, the research group has not been allowed to taste them.
Producers of GM food in Australia operate under a license administered by the federal government and part of that license states the bananas cannot be consumed.
According to professor Dale, the risk that the GM bananas could mix with native species was very small.
"Bananas are sterile, their pollen is sterile so you can't grow them from seed," he noted. "You could grow a non-GM banana within a metre of a GM banana and the genes wouldn't move."