Author Topic: Matt C. Cycle Update.  (Read 143206 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Re: Matt C. Cycle Update.
« Reply #2275 on: September 19, 2022, 11:04:57 AM »
You keep posting that video knowing damn well it was like the first month I started squatting again and was going 90 degrees why not post the current video of 315 to the ground? Better yet why don’t all 3 of us post an ATG squat video today? I can ATG 345lbs today can either of you? Fuck no you can’t

eature=share

Unlike you, I don't care if someone misses a lift by 3cm.

YOU CAN DETERMINE A PERSON'S STRENGTH LEVEL EVEN IF THEY USE A LIMITED RANGE OF MOTION.

Like seriously - who gives a fuck?!

Take my 675-lb high pin squat, which was maybe an 8-10 inch range of motion. WHO FUCKING CARES if it wasn't a full squat? It OBVIOUSLY proves that I have some strength!

Just like your 355 squat video.

Even if it was a bit high, it still gives a general idea of your strength.

Can you press 100-lb dumbbells for 10 reps overhead? No?

Then stop trashing my form! It's FINE. It may not be perfect, but it's perfectly fine.

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #2276 on: September 19, 2022, 11:09:35 AM »
Matt,
Follow Coach Hanky's advices and you too can have shoulder surgeries.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2277 on: September 19, 2022, 11:10:32 AM »
Unlike you, I don't care if someone misses a lift by 3cm.

YOU CAN DETERMINE A PERSON'S STRENGTH LEVEL EVEN IF THEY USE A LIMITED RANGE OF MOTION.

Like seriously - who gives a fuck?!

Take my 675-lb high pin squat, which was maybe an 8-10 inch range of motion. WHO FUCKING CARES if it wasn't a full squat? It OBVIOUSLY proves that I have some strength!

Just like your 355 squat video.

Even if it was a bit high, it still gives a general idea of your strength.

Can you press 100-lb dumbbells for 10 reps overhead? No?

Then stop trashing my form! It's FINE. It may not be perfect, but it's perfectly fine.

You didn’t do a 675 lb “high pin” squat.

You barely stood up 4 - 5” under the weight and as soon as you unlocked your knees the weight crushed you. You couldn’t legitimately squat half that amount to full depth, high bar bodybuilding squats.

What a fucking bullshitter.

I’ll summarize for you….you used steroids to get fat and grow tits. Period, end of story.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2278 on: September 19, 2022, 11:10:39 AM »
LOL you can not squat 345 ATG.

You also claimed you could squat 405 for reps.

Did he mean ATG...or below parallel?

I guess I was throwing around the term ATG, and conflating it with below parallel.

I could believe B. Hank could break parallel with 345. ATG is obviously another matter.

IMO, a 350-400+ is very respectful. Most people seem to ignore squats, lol. Personally, I hate them!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #2279 on: September 19, 2022, 11:13:01 AM »
Good lift. Looks like he had a bit more left.

That's roughly where I was before I converted to leg pressing.

340-360-380...it was all the same to me.

I felt like it was a mental game at that point.

It's weird. But I just find one-rep maxes to be a bit of a mind-f***. So I'd rather bench press 275x10 than attempt 345. IMO, there is less that can go wrong with a higher reps effort.

I wanted to hit 225x30 or 250x20 on the bench, but both will be harder than I thought

But I'm up for a Getbig competition, if anyone is up to it.

It’s not a good lift look at the 315 lift that is a good lift the difference is night and day. I had the brain to examine my form on video learn lighten the load adjust and then build back up. You don’t which is why you just want to insist your bullshit form is perfect.

Walter Sobchak

• Getbig V
  • HANKINS IS A FUCKING LIAR & QUITTER
« Reply #2280 on: September 19, 2022, 11:14:38 AM »
It’s not a good lift look at the 315 lift that is a good lift the difference is night and day. I had the brain to examine my form on video learn lighten the load adjust and then build back up. You don’t which is why you just want to insist your bullshit form is perfect.

Truth…

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2281 on: September 19, 2022, 11:19:03 AM »
Cliff's notes update on video expectations by poster:

bhank: video of 20-25 seated shoulder presses with 75lb full ROM

matt: none. like, please, don't post any videos ever again. like ever.  or pics.
Y

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2282 on: September 19, 2022, 11:19:24 AM »
Just admit you don’t know how to squat and you don’t do them because they are hard and when you said you could ATG 385lbs it was a bunch of bullshit. Let’s see an actual legitimate squat let’s see any legitimate lift from you none of your videos have ever shown a good lift that would pass in any kind of competition much less be considered good

You brag about your numbers in lifts you don’t do then show partial lifts and say according to some lifting calculus you can actual do a legitimate lift when you don’t know the form technique or mechanics because you have never done any of them correctly

And your so called partial squat of 675lbs is fucking embarrassing that is what that means to me shows you have no concept of how to lift at all doesn’t make you look strong makes you look like an idiot

I DO NOT currently squat.

However, I have squatted before, and that's when I got 385x2.

I would normally max out around there. Say 365 for 2-4.

I'd rather post a video of me leg pressing 1,000-lb for reps, where I basically eat my knees for each rep.

Why isn't that impressive? Why MUST the squat be THE exercise to prove leg strength? What's wrong with leg press?  ???

This isnt a powerlifting contest.  ::) If anything short of perfect form should be disregarded, then I suppose you don't respect any of the World's Strongest Man lifts?

How about when Derek Poundstone used to to hitch 800-lb deadlifts for reps, and literally rest the weight on his thighs? Does that not "count" to you?  ::)

How about ALL the heavy shoulder pressing videos on YouTube, 80% of them have a more limited range of motion than mine? Do they not count?  ::)

Out of curiosity, can you press 100-lb dumbbells for 8-10 reps with the form I used?

Can ANYONE here, and prove it on video?

No?

Then who cares if my form is off? Why are you harping on a good lift, just because the form is slightly off?

So your 355 squat doesn't count just because it wasn't fully ATG?

muscle matters

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • IFBB pro/lifetime natural
« Reply #2283 on: September 19, 2022, 11:21:12 AM »
I can’t even shoulder press 50 lbs for 25 reps.

What a shame!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2284 on: September 19, 2022, 11:22:29 AM »
MattC what is your all-time best squat 1RM?

The most I ever did was 385 for a double. In contest, I got 340, but I was being too conservative. I could have gotten 360 that day, for sure. But contests are so strict, and I didn't want to get any red lights.

If I had to guess, my all-time best would have been 405, but I didn't attempt it.

But I feel i have enough videos of other lifts that it shouldn't be shocking for me to make these claims.

Example:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cg0tpG3gyXL/

I'm not sure why anyone would even question me squatting 350+.

If I claimed 450, I could understand why people would doubt me! But my current videos are consistent with my squat claims.

I'm sort of happy people are doubting. It proves to me 385x2 is a GOOD squat. I was worried when I said it, that people would say it is a weak lift!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2285 on: September 19, 2022, 11:26:54 AM »
I can’t even shoulder press 50 lbs for 25 reps.

What a shame!

Have you tried to?

You look like you can press that much rather easily.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2286 on: September 19, 2022, 11:27:37 AM »
Two fucking clowns arguing over squatting one rep with baby ass weight............only on getbig!!  LOL ;D

Flexacon

• Getbig V
« Reply #2287 on: September 19, 2022, 11:34:23 AM »
Poor MattC got his ass chewed out on IG too

legacyrestoration_constr uction
@matthew_thunderbay ego lifting at its finest. Anybody can bring the weight down i.e. gravity. You clearly have issues, pressing the weight up. Hence the shaky form Dbs moving all over the place. Drop the weight and focus on form. Or at the very least get off the steroids they’re not doing anything for you clearly.

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #2288 on: September 19, 2022, 11:36:53 AM »
Yes, I'd say it's genetics, drugs, and nutrition as the top three.

Training is behind all of those.

Pro training is literally all over the map. When you are on 500mg of anabolics or more, your training doesn't mean squat. For bodybuilding, I mean.

To get stronger, you will have to train.

And to be clear, I'm not saying training doesn't matter. But let me put it this way:

If you're bodybuilding, you can drop your training intensity by 20% if you brought up your nutrition 10%>

Something like that.

So while you NEED both training and nutrition, I am suggesting that if you want to maximize your results, nutrition matters more.

You keep telling me to improve my training, WHEN THAT WON'T DO A FUCKING THING IF I AM EATING 90 GRAMS OF PROTEIN A DAY.

Bottom line: i hate to eat.

That's why I train for strength and not muscle.

You can get stronger even if you don't eat. But you can't build muscle doing that.

Matt I will say this again and I truly believe it. No man needs more than 100 grams of protein a day. 50 grams is recommended by the fda for an active male so double it and you have plenty to build muscle. 2 per lb of Bodyweight is just flat out bullshit. I’d say natural 100g fully juiced no difference from 150-400. You just puss it out. Natural pissing out anything over 100 I believe.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2289 on: September 19, 2022, 11:39:27 AM »
Matt`s been hangin` with that dude Moe.....you know him..............Moe Mentum !!    :D

ThisisOverload

• Getbig V
« Reply #2290 on: September 19, 2022, 11:41:30 AM »
This thread has delivered. ;D

I'd enjoy seeing a "squat off" with these two studs.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2291 on: September 19, 2022, 11:44:06 AM »
Looking forward to seeing the video................... ................

.....................get posted 1000 times

;D ;D ;D

Hang on...you almost, sort of...sound like you think I could get it, Grape?

I mean - you're not completely discounting the possibility.

If so, that's a tremendous compliment. Thank you very much for that great compliment, Grape.

I'm actually now a bit motivated to try that lift.

My oy issue is it I short the range of motion by a couple of inches, that B. Hank will say none of the reps count.  ::)

Don't get me wrong, I don't care for half reps as much as the next guy - it's just that I still feel half rep videos give us an idea of a person's strength. E.g., when you do rack pulls above your knees, that's not the same as a full deadlift, but it still gives an idea of your strength.

YES, I admit my 345 bench was bounced, but I can literally do a 275-lb bench press with a 3-second pause. My point is - three quarter reps, half reps, partial squats, rack pulls, etc, all give us some indication of a person's strength.

And none of this matters for my chest since my chest genetics suck. My chest HAS looked sort of ok with a pump at times...that's it.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #2292 on: September 19, 2022, 11:46:04 AM »
;D ;D ;D

Hang on...you almost, sort of...sound like you think I could get it, Grape?

I mean - you're not completely discounting the possibility.

If so, that's a tremendous compliment. Thank you very much for that great compliment, Grape.

I'm actually now a bit motivated to try that lift.

My oy issue is it I short the range of motion by a couple of inches, that B. Hank will say none of the reps count.  ::)

For clarity:  While there is no ill will,  I do not care, and do not want you to post about it.
Y

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2293 on: September 19, 2022, 11:53:14 AM »
Prime has been building up the mystique of the Mattsturbation video by refusing to confirm details about it. He won't confirm the 6.45 inches except to describe it as tiny and he won't confirm the Peter North ropes.

Y'all be going on about these little events for the next 20 years.  :)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2294 on: September 19, 2022, 11:58:20 AM »
I tell you what let’s do it today. Squat challenge ATG on video today whoever loses leaves the board forever.

or well a month not trying to be a dick but if you really think you can squat 405lbs ATG no problem then this should be easy for you. I will beat whatever you squat ATG on video today but we both know you have never done an ATG squat and you don’t know the mechanics and you can’t do it with 225lbs much less 315 or 405 you have too much ego to ever learn that lift. You will just go too heavy do a half rep then argue for weeks that it was perfect

Not the old 'whoever loses leaves the board forever' nonsense again! Don't you know that nobody ever leaves this board unless they're thrown off it.  ::)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2295 on: September 19, 2022, 12:01:48 PM »
You don’t get to pretend to be the worlds strongest man if you can’t do a squat

Do you know most Strongman competitors rarely bench, and when they do, they do it with a wide grip?

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2296 on: September 19, 2022, 12:05:20 PM »

That was not a partial squat lol gtfo and leg slide who fuck cares how much you can leg slide none of that nonsense means you can squat Jack shit. You claimed you were stronger and could squat now you claim it’s not a big deal at all great so do it then. Let’s see you post a real below parallel squat with today I don’t think you can get 315 clean. But whatver you post I will match let’s see who can actually squat more today my crippled legs against yours the strongest 70kilo 205lb man in Sasquatchia

Would you accept a 1,350-lb leg press?

That's the most my gym's leg press can hold, with one heavyweight man standing on it, lol.

No, but seriously - why is squat so important to you?

What makes leg press not valid?  ::)

IMO, a 1,000-lb leg press is on par with a 315-335 squat.

It just so happens - I prefer the leg press.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #2297 on: September 19, 2022, 12:11:58 PM »
Every video has better form than you but fuck it keep living in la la land pretend your hands are shoulder level and the dumbells are horizontal with your elbows tucked down and behind at the bottom of your lift. just ignor your hands are forehead level with your forearms crooked and your wrist even more crooked tilting one side of the dumbells to your shoulder while the other side is above your head oh yeah it’s fucking perfect

Unlike you, I don't trash people who are stronger than me, but are you saying this is better form than mine?  ::)

You need to put down your personal grudge/jealousy against me, and think about what it does to your credibility to say something like that.

KinoBody is about 12-15% stronger than me, so I won't trash him, but my reps are better than his:

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #2298 on: September 19, 2022, 12:14:04 PM »
Would you accept a 1,350-lb leg press?

That's the most my gym's leg press can hold, with one heavyweight man standing on it, lol.

No, but seriously - why is squat so important to you?

What makes leg press not valid?  ::)

IMO, a 1,000-lb leg press is on par with a 315-335 squat.

It just so happens - I prefer the leg press.

I prefer leg presses over squats because they are not as hard on my back, however leg presses are not as complete an exercise as squats which work your whole body.

muscle matters

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • IFBB pro/lifetime natural
« Reply #2299 on: September 19, 2022, 12:18:26 PM »
Me squatting 365 in my garage in March last year.