Author Topic: Kaz stories  (Read 49534 times)

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
Re: Kaz stories
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2005, 07:36:41 PM »
As I recall from the Ironman article covering that measure, it was 17" straight (not goosenecked). Keep the entire arm and hand in a straight line with wrist not goosenecked. Clenching to a fist is okay. In that unfavorable position Kaz measured 17" (from memory- I did not look it up)
When measured in straight line if the forearm is twice the circumference of the wrist, it is world class. Manfred did not have twice when I measured him, but Lee Priest had twice PLUS one inch!
Cold measurement, not pumped.
Joe
Those are some impressive numbers on Kaz and Priest. You dont happen to know how big Bills wrists are- they look huge.

Manfreds arms over all are really impressive dispite the obvious inhancements but his forearms never looked particularly great. I did read an article that stated he could crush a full soda can between his hands with his fingers locked which is an impressive feat in itself. Im dont think Manfred had the hand strengh of guys like Sorin or Brookfield.
X

BB

• Getbig V
  • I hope I'm not boring you.
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2005, 08:35:40 PM »
Kaz-

neck-22"
biceps-21.4
forearm-16.6
wrist-8.6
chest-58.5
waist-42.2
thigh-31.5
calf-20.4
height-74
weight-320

-------
Patera

neck-22"
biceps-21.7
forearms-16.8
wrist-9.5
chest-58
waist-45
thigh-34
calf-21.5
height-73.5
weight-337

-------
Reinhouldt

neck-20"
biceps-21.8
forearm-17
wrist-9.4
chest-59.5
waist-46
thigh-31.5
calf-19
height-75
weight-345
-------

Whilhelm

Neck-21.5"
biceps-19.8
forearms-15.8
wrist-8.6
chest-57.5
waist-44
thigh-32.2
calf-18
height-75.5
weight-330

--------

Doug Young

Forearms-15.7.

Taken from IronMan 5/83 Willoughby article on pages 40-41.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2005, 09:02:47 PM »
I like the measurements of Kaz.  I never really measured myself.  At some armwrestling events they would measure guys sometimes.  Not sure why.  Armwerwstlers back then had weird ways of training and were very dedicated.

Meaurements of me in 1987 (I know, but to tell you the truth beside 1997 just before I got bit that was the biggest and best shape I was in, so I can only go from that, plus my body changed so fast back then, so go ahead and rag on me for livingin the past)

My right forearm- was just a tiny little bit over 17" (that is flexed and pumped with viens all over)( Ijust measured my right forearm and it is just under 16".  (I have not trained them seriously for 10+ years)
My left forearm was just slightly over 14"
My shoulder girth was 63" to 64" (I wore a 62 tux, i had made for the Ali dinner)
My calves, biceps were 21"
My neck was a shade below 21"
My thighs about 27" to 28"
My waist was 38" at a bodyweight of 300 (But i could still fit in my 36" Calvins, tightly)
I am a shade below 6'1"
Shoe (cowboy boot) is 13 EEE (I can fit in 12 sometimes)
Wrist is almost 9"
My fist is just over 12" (same as Ali's)
I never really measured my chest except way back and I think it was 55"
My ring size 14 (I remember that from high school class ring measuring)

These are measurements I remember way back.  Of course a few of them have grown immensely.  In fact you could ad a couple together and get a few of my measurements now.   My normal weight is between 300 and 320. I was trimming to 275 for the 2000 Olympics before getting bit.

AT 300 I could still put my right leg behid my neck and do the splits all they way down.  Butg I could not put my left leg around my neck for some reason.  I used to do that in the movies.  I could lay on my back and grab both knees and kiss them both at 300.  I now have a hard time laying on my back and just grabbing the knees.  But someday.

I think Ihave a newspaper article somewhere, where the reporter measured me.  I will look for it. 

Scimowser

• Getbig V
  • Make them remember you
« Reply #53 on: July 27, 2005, 03:41:36 AM »
endurance strength is fine, i.e. WSM, but i believe to claim to actually be the strongest man in the world you have to measure it on raw power. And on that basis, how do you look passed Glenn Ross and Mark Henry?

Glenn:

400kg Squat (no suit)

400kg Deadlift (no suit)

295kg Bench

195kg Shoulder Press (standing)

Giant Log - 115kg - 19 reps

Steel Log - 300mm diameter - 175kg max - 12 reps

Deadlifted 3 Citroen Saxos at once from the back below the knees - combined weight 2750kg

Held a 1200kg Citroen Berlingo Van for 2mins 56 secs

Held a 1400kg BMW car - 76 secs

Held up 2 Citroen Saxos from the back combined weight 1700kg for 1 min 7 secs

Pulled 3, 20 tonne steel cage trailor lorries combined weight of over 60 tonne with harness and rope for 80 metres.
Scouser on Tour

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #54 on: July 28, 2005, 05:58:45 AM »
I like the measurements of Kaz.  I never really measured myself.  At some armwrestling events they would measure guys sometimes.  Not sure why.  Armwerwstlers back then had weird ways of training and were very dedicated.

Meaurements of me in 1987 (I know, but to tell you the truth beside 1997 just before I got bit that was the biggest and best shape I was in, so I can only go from that, plus my body changed so fast back then, so go ahead and rag on me for livingin the past)

My right forearm- was just a tiny little bit over 17" (that is flexed and pumped with viens all over)( Ijust measured my right forearm and it is just under 16".  (I have not trained them seriously for 10+ years)
My left forearm was just slightly over 14"
My shoulder girth was 63" to 64" (I wore a 62 tux, i had made for the Ali dinner)
My calves, biceps were 21"
My neck was a shade below 21"
My waist was 38" at a bodyweight of 300 (But i could still fit in my 36" Calvins, tightly)
I am a shade below 6'1"
Shoe (cowboy boot) is 13 EEE (I can fit in 12 sometimes)
Wrist is almost 9"
My fist is just over 12" (same as Ali's)
I never really measured my chest except way back and I think it was 55"
My ring size 14 (I remember that from high school class ring measuring)

These are measurements I remember way back.  Of course a few of them have grown immensely.  In fact you could ad a couple together and get a few of my measurements now.   My normal weight is between 300 and 320. I was trimming to 275 for the 2000 Olympics before getting bit.

AT 300 I could still put my right leg behid my neck and do the splits all they way down.  Butg I could not put my left leg around my neck for some reason.  I used to do that in the movies.  I could lay on my back and grab both knees and kiss them both at 300.  I now have a hard time laying on my back and just grabbing the knees.  But someday.

I think Ihave a newspaper article somewhere, where the reporter measured me.  I will look for it. 

Thats damn impressive Onlyme- Hows the leg recovering??
X

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #55 on: July 28, 2005, 11:43:47 AM »
My leg is awesome now.  The \best it has been in months.  Itis only about 20 or 3 inches bigger than my left one.  The color is a whole lot better and it is not red anymore.  I am very happy right now with it.  Hopefully it will get even better.  Thanks Lord

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #56 on: July 28, 2005, 06:02:47 PM »
Good stuff!  Keep the stories coming. 

I must say that Kaz is one of my personal all-time favorite strength athletes.  At his peak he had an amazingly rugged looking physique and (of course) the strength to back it up.

There is a pic on the net of him and J.P. which I just love.

w

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #57 on: July 28, 2005, 06:58:16 PM »
i used to have a great poster of Kaz with about ten pictures and a list of all of his strength feats.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #58 on: July 28, 2005, 08:08:10 PM »
i used to have a great poster of Kaz with about ten pictures and a list of all of his strength feats.

I had that some poster but lost it.  I called him a couple months ago to have him send me out a few more.  Guess he forgot.  Have to call him again.  I like that poster.  I like the pic of him chalking his hands from behind.  His back is so thick and ripped and he is just standing there.

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #59 on: July 29, 2005, 05:24:43 AM »
damn

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #60 on: July 29, 2005, 05:24:50 AM »
You know Onlyme, if you happen to talk to Bill it might be cool if he made a guest star appearance on Getbig. Im sure hes a busy man but it might be cool if you could convince him to stop in some time?
X

HavoX

• Getbig IV
  • Shamed by thunderdome
« Reply #61 on: July 29, 2005, 05:25:50 AM »
that used to be a frying pan.  this occured LAST year

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #62 on: July 29, 2005, 12:09:49 PM »
Yes that is the pic of Kaz's back.  That is awesome.  I will call him soon cause he reps Strive equipment and I am buying just about every piece they make for a gym I am building later this year.  SO I want to make sure he can come to the Grand Opening.  Plus our birthdays are the same so I want him to send me some posters.

reichsfuehrer SS

« Reply #63 on: July 29, 2005, 01:34:21 PM »
what kind of equipment are you putting in your gym, only? i wish you were opening a gym here, the gyms are all going downhill around here, shit it's hard to find a place with regular iron plates and dumbells anymore.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #64 on: July 29, 2005, 03:17:28 PM »
I actullay have allot of Strive going in.  It really is unique and it works really good.  Plus my location is in the middle of allot of potential lunch time customers so they want to get in and out quick.  The Strive has the ability to workout everything in a short amount of time.  I have Cybex, Flex, Nautilus, Icarian, and Precor going in too with all Ivanko weights and bars and accessories.  Allot of cardio with each machine having their own TV and sound.  So no cardio theater.  Cause of my location and as much as I love the metal plates I am going with the new colored Ivanko plates ez grip.  To much in money in equipment and flooring to have to worry about chips in the paint and dents in the floor.  I love the clanging of metal but I gotta do what I gotta do.  At least the Gold's gym I train at here is all metal and rust.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2005, 04:12:19 PM »
the colored Ivanko's are good to go.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
« Reply #66 on: July 29, 2005, 06:24:05 PM »
Just please don't tell me you are getting those big bulky ruberized DB's...they are so damn akward once u get into the heavier ones >:(

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: July 29, 2005, 07:23:01 PM »
if you got the bling......

buy the Iron Grip Urethane covered dumbbells if you're worried about your floors

I personally like the steel

http://irongrip.com/products/dumbbells_ig.asp#

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #68 on: July 29, 2005, 09:18:57 PM »
Can't help but go with metal DB's.  Like you said the rubber ones are way to big.  Getting them from Ivanko to but I may go with Irongrip.  We'll see.  I'm going just up to 200's.  That's it.

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: July 29, 2005, 10:56:35 PM »
Can't help but go with metal DB's.  Like you said the rubber ones are way to big.  Getting them from Ivanko to but I may go with Irongrip.  We'll see.  I'm going just up to 200's.  That's it.

Steel dumbbells are the best.....go with Iron Grip

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #70 on: July 31, 2005, 08:34:03 PM »
Cool pics of Kaz Garreth- Bill is a great christinan-the quote from the bible is cool- Phil. 4-13.
X

jeemee

« Reply #71 on: August 01, 2005, 02:41:05 AM »
IMy left forearm was just slightly over 14"

were these typos keith??

your left forarm is 3 inches smaller than the right and # 300 lbs you only had 28" legs?

knny187

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: August 01, 2005, 08:08:02 AM »
he can squeeze into a size 36

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #73 on: August 01, 2005, 12:08:59 PM »
Yes thoe are right.  I never had really big legs.  I was a catcher for 18 years I got plenty of leg work from that.  In 1983 I was squatting and ruputured my L4 and L5 and haven't been able to do certain things.  I passed up an operation and instead wore a back brace for almost 2 years and therapy and 2 sets of tenses.  Everytime I put weight on top of me like that and bend I am out for a week.  My friends would see me all bent over and I was a wreck.  In fact when it happened I was working with MaxRep at Tequilla Willies.  I would literally just be standing there when all of a sudden my back would tighten up and I would fall to the ground.  So yes I had fairly small upper legs but great calves.  I didn't care that much about my legs.  They were strong enough to do whagt I had to do. I wasn't into BB so much where I cared if I was perfect all over.  I know guys will rag me on here but it worked fine for me.  And yes my right forearm was way bigger than my left.  I only trained my right forearm.  Rod Laver the tennis player was a client of my mom's.  I met him one day and noticed how big his left forearm was.  He said it 16" and his right forearm was just 13".  In my sport I only really needed my right arm.  SO yes those measurements are right on.  And yes I weighed 300.  In this pic I weigh 300 on the nose

Joe Roark

• Expert
  • Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #74 on: August 01, 2005, 12:55:14 PM »
Yes thoe are right.  I never had really big legs.  I was a catcher for 18 years I got plenty of leg work from that.  In 1983 I was squatting and ruputured my L4 and L5 and haven't been able to do certain things.  I passed up an operation and instead wore a back brace for almost 2 years and therapy and 2 sets of tenses.  Everytime I put weight on top of me like that and bend I am out for a week.  My friends would see me all bent over and I was a wreck.  In fact when it happened I was working with MaxRep at Tequilla Willies.  I would literally just be standing there when all of a sudden my back would tighten up and I would fall to the ground.  So yes I had fairly small upper legs but great calves.  I didn't care that much about my legs.  They were strong enough to do whagt I had to do. I wasn't into BB so much where I cared if I was perfect all over.  I know guys will rag me on here but it worked fine for me.  And yes my right forearm was way bigger than my left.  I only trained my right forearm.  Rod Laver the tennis player was a client of my mom's.  I met him one day and noticed how big his left forearm was.  He said it 16" and his right forearm was just 13".  In my sport I only really needed my right arm.  SO yes those measurements are right on.  And yes I weighed 300.  In this pic I weigh 300 on the nose

There is no way your nose weighs 300 pounds- I'm calling you on that!