Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS...Steve's answer  (Read 48550 times)

jeffrey.

• Getbig III
  • i love the pdi
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Steve's answer
« Reply #75 on: November 30, 2006, 03:48:43 PM »
Its all about respect............. and about being a team player ........and about sacrificing for the good of the whole. TRANSLATION= not being selfish
shouldn't you be selling fake gh to billy gunns? ;)

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: November 30, 2006, 03:48:51 PM »
STEVE had the right to wait till DEC 31..............he was paying LEE............LEE didnt lose any money.  Steve was debating what to do (in my mind, the decision was easy but Steve likes to weigh his options).  

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: November 30, 2006, 03:49:47 PM »
I'm working on fake IGF-1......i hear it's the next big thing...........

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #78 on: November 30, 2006, 03:49:49 PM »
shouldn't you be selling fake gh to billy gunns? ;)

I miss Billy. Have you heard from him?
E

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: November 30, 2006, 03:50:07 PM »
 Lee was just being REBELLIOUS. Lee was being 'the ultimate rebel'. Didn't MD tout Lee as being that?

Steves' feelings REALLY got hurt from what was posted on the internet forums?

We all know why Lee really got fired...

One name: Mitchell P. Anderson...aka Lil' Mitch.
?

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: November 30, 2006, 03:51:09 PM »
You think BORAT is available to take LEE's place?

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #81 on: November 30, 2006, 03:51:50 PM »
Code: [Select]
TOO LITTLE, TOO LATE...............he tried to call him ONLY AFTER he realized that his contract was at risk.  He already humiliated Steve for weeks before that.........
That's one perspective. Obviously, you aren't going to say anything that could be construed as
nonsupportive of Steve. However, if you look at it objectively can you say Steve was correct in
keeping Lee in limbo? If you were concerned about your contract being renewed would you want
some kind of response? No one is going to paint Lee the Saint...However, it wasn't handled professionally on either end.

His contract doesn't expire until the end of December.  By the number of signings MD has done in the past 30 days, I would say that they had more pressing issues.  Does you boss tell you month-to-month that you are still employeed?  When he or she fires someone do the give them the courtesy of a 30 day notice?  I say that Steve has been above board.  Will Lee post his final check so that we can see what a stand up guy Steve is or will Lee bash the man that helped him so much over the past years?  Let see if Lee change reinvent his character overnight.

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #82 on: November 30, 2006, 03:53:19 PM »
You can't tell me Steve didn't already have the matter settled in his mind well
before Lee's contract was to expire. Yes he did have the right to string him along.
However, why? If you know you're gonna dump somebody why not just tell them?
Steve actually considered in his mind that it would be good to have the antithesis
of the IFBB writing for his magazine? I don't think so. No money to be made in ticking
off the Weiders and not being able to cover events like the Olympia.

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #83 on: November 30, 2006, 03:55:36 PM »
Successful business men make smart, well-considered, decisions............... .... not rash, unconscious, emotionally-charged ones...

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #84 on: November 30, 2006, 03:57:36 PM »
Successful business men make smart, well-considered, decisions............... .... not rash, unconscious, emotionally-charged ones...

So what kind of decisions do skinny little metrosexuals make?
Ron: "I am lazy."

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: November 30, 2006, 03:57:56 PM »
Some of you guys are so far up Lee's rectum its hilarious.  Don't worry Lee, I'll never lie to you.  Here is the truth.  Much to our entertainment you've somewhat stooped to our level of classless posting.  Consequently you've been discontinued by Blechman in a fairly diplomatic way.

Yet valantino's pathetic conduct (from his own writings) secures him a writing contract???  makes no sense.  These guys (md) support someone that is a circus freak and should not be connected to bodybuilding in any way, shape or form. The unfortunate truth is that this Blechman guy is a follower and turned his back on Lee Priest after going to PDI.....Well, I'm not surprised because all other kids from rich families that I know are the same weak minded way.  The first generation that makes the money has the charactor, after that it goes way down hill.  

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: November 30, 2006, 03:59:31 PM »
yeah like not selling fake GH, right?

Jujoshu

• Getbig III
  • Front Row Tickets
« Reply #87 on: November 30, 2006, 03:59:34 PM »
Shouldn't we just say.."some" apparently successful businessmen make
decisions in favor of money and not friendship. I mean, after all, didn't Steve
say in his letter he thought they were "friends"? If they were truly friends
wouldn't Steve have said, "Lee Buddy..you've been running your mouth and
I think it could be bad for business. Anything we can do to work it out? I
really would like to renew your contract...."

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: November 30, 2006, 04:00:09 PM »
His contract doesn't expire until the end of December.  By the number of signings MD has done in the past 30 days, I would say that they had more pressing issues.  Does you boss tell you month-to-month that you are still employed?  When he or she fires someone do the give them the courtesy of a 30 day notice?  I say that Steve has been above board.  Will Lee post his final check so that we can see what a stand up guy Steve is or will Lee bash the man that helped him so much over the past years?  Let see if Lee change reinvent his character overnight.

BS... whenever I have to fire somebody I do it personally I'm 32 years old and I have been working in Management for the past 6 years and in these 6 year I had to fire maybe 20+ people.
I do agree it's not a nice thing to do and it downright sucks to fire somebody, regardless what the employee has done or has not done, but I see it as my duty as a human beeing to give anybody as much respect as possible.

I would NOT just write a fax or call them on the phone.

There are too many managers just like Steve around, that take the easy way out of their oh so busy day just to give themself the illusion they are doing find, I tell you something I PERSONALLY think there is nothing that is more important than people themself, so your day at work will be a little longer because you had to make time to talk to somebody who fucked you over and you need to let him/her go.
I do appreciated that the meeting with Lee would have been more than uncomfortable, but that's the work we choose to do (as much as Derek Anthony has choose to sell his ass for g4p) and we have an obligation to do it right.

destroyer69

• Getbig II
« Reply #89 on: November 30, 2006, 04:00:40 PM »
What some of you people don't understand is that Lee Priest has always been all about him.  Anyone can tell you that.  He has not respect for anyone or anything in this world.  Yes, he is a great bodybuilder, but how far can that take someone.  You are not going to have a muscular body for ever  and for him to continually disrespect his employer and girlfriends is not a good thing. Lee should tell us the story about him and his Chiropractor's wife. ???

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: November 30, 2006, 04:05:38 PM »

So what kind of decisions do skinny little metrosexuals make?
This post made me almost swallow this big wad of Skoal Wintergreen I just put in reading this cold shit!
?

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #91 on: November 30, 2006, 04:09:03 PM »
Yet valantino's pathetic conduct (from his own writings) secures him a writing contract???  makes no sense.  These guys (md) support someone that is a circus freak and should not be connected to bodybuilding in any way, shape or form. The unfortunate truth is that this Blechman guy is a follower and turned his back on Lee Priest after going to PDI.....Well, I'm not surprised because all other kids from rich families that I know are the same weak minded way.  The first generation that makes the money has the charactor, after that it goes way down hill.  

Dude, you don't know shit.  Steve went to Jim and begged for the IFBB to take Lee back at Lee's request.  Then Lee got sniffed glue and blew their offer off.  Beckman owns the magazine and can pick and choose who he wants to write and work for him.  Had Lee not stabbed him in the back, I am sure he would still be writting for them.

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #92 on: November 30, 2006, 04:12:20 PM »
BS... whenever I have to fire somebody I do it personally I'm 32 years old and I have been working in Management for the past 6 years and in these 6 year I had to fire maybe 20+ people.
I do agree it's not a nice thing to do and it downright sucks to fire somebody, regardless what the employee has done or has not done, but I see it as my duty as a human beeing to give anybody as much respect as possible.

I would NOT just write a fax or call them on the phone.

There are too many managers just like Steve around, that take the easy way out of their oh so busy day just to give themself the illusion they are doing find, I tell you something I PERSONALLY think there is nothing that is more important than people themself, so your day at work will be a little longer because you had to make time to talk to somebody who fucked you over and you need to let him/her go.
I do appreciated that the meeting with Lee would have been more than uncomfortable, but that's the work we choose to do (as much as Derek Anthony has choose to sell his ass for g4p) and we have an obligation to do it right.

So you would have paid money to fly him up to terminate him?  You must work at a shop where all employees are under one roof.  I have seen employees fired by emai...they telecommute. It comes wih the territory.  But since you a manager you can offer Lee a job.  He can fly out of Austin to you at your expense right?

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #93 on: November 30, 2006, 04:13:28 PM »
Don't worry about Lee guys, he's got all sorts of other skills that he can fall back onto.

oh, wait...

List some other than racing which he will no longer be able to afford after loosing two major contracts and nowhere to compete for real prize money.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: November 30, 2006, 04:14:59 PM »
You guys are so concerned about that fact that LEE PRIEST was DISMISSED via an EMAIL LETTER............meanwh ile, he DISRESPECTED his BOSS "ON LINE"..... DIDN'T HAVE THE DECENCY TO CALL HIS BOSS and INSTEAD AIRED THEIR DISPUATE "ON LINE" and ACTED IN DEFIANCE AND VIOLATION OF HIS CONTRACT "ON LINE"................ have you asked yourselves why POOR OLE LEE PRIEST didn't pick up the phone when all this originally started?  

"YOU REAP WHAT YOU SOW!"
atheletes make the mag what it is and thats the bottom line. just like in anything else. Steve should make the effort, ALL of the effort. not the other way around. think about ANYTHING else, employees for anything wether it be MBA,NFL whatever or just a convient store. you can't have a good football team without your good players.
bodybuildersreality.com

Montague

• Getbig V
  • The black degelation does not know this nig - V.G.
« Reply #95 on: November 30, 2006, 04:17:09 PM »
So Lee you got dumped for your internet conduct ???

I agree that Lee didn’t do himself any favors with the posts he made over the last month or so, but that’s a moot point.
I doubt this was a last-minute decision on Steve’s part.

It’s likely that Steve’s delay in providing Lee an answer was because he was at least 99.9% sure he would NOT be renewing Lee’s contract.
He probably planned on shit-canning Lee well before Lee’s vocal bashings on the message boards, so Lee’s public comments are after the fact (Steve’s decision).

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #96 on: November 30, 2006, 04:21:18 PM »
What I find funny about this whole thing is that Lee is Mr. "I do what I want," "stand on my own" blah, blah blah...if so why the fuck bitch about all this?  Who cares if you got canned by fax?  Would it make you feel warm and fuzzy if Steve had taken you to a restaurant and bought you dinner?  Then broke up with you properly?  Get over yourself.  You like being a "rebel" and corporate America treated you as such. :-*

Stavios

« Reply #97 on: November 30, 2006, 04:21:32 PM »
i like Lee but if I was Blechman, I would have done the same thing

rocco911

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: November 30, 2006, 04:22:52 PM »
What I find funny about this whole thing is that Lee is Mr. "I do what I want," "stand on my own" blah, blah blah...if so why the f**k bitch about all this?  Who cares if you got canned by fax?  Would it make you feel warm and fuzzy if Steve had taken you to a restaurant and bought you dinner?  Then broke up with you properly?  Get over yourself.  You like being a "rebel" and corporate America treated you as such. :-*

Now that is STAIGHT TALK!

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: November 30, 2006, 04:23:35 PM »
What I find funny about this whole thing is that Lee is Mr. "I do what I want," "stand on my own" blah, blah blah...if so why the f**k bitch about all this?  Who cares if you got canned by fax?  Would it make you feel warm and fuzzy if Steve had taken you to a restaurant and bought you dinner?  Then broke up with you properly?  Get over yourself.  You like being a "rebel" and corporate America treated you as such. :-*
what the fuck are you talking about....he didn't "bitch" about it at all.  Whats funny is everyone cares SO FUCKIN much about little issues like this. MD isn't the only MAG just like Lee Priest isn't the only bodybuilder. MD will be fine. Lee Priest will be fine. everyone can whipe off their vaginas and get on with life.
bodybuildersreality.com