Author Topic: Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me  (Read 4847 times)

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
Re: Biden: Hillary a Better Pick Than Me
« Reply #75 on: September 12, 2008, 07:57:41 AM »
really?you had millions of women simply change their vote (as polls show this week) because one of the candidates now has a vagina, even if she doesn't match their core beliefs.if the savior of 18 million voters suddenly arrived on the ticket with a smile, what happens?  a few jump back dude.Odd timing that obama is meeting Bill today.  with intrade.com now floating it, and the lib boards abuzz with it, you know it's in slick willy's mind...

Odd thought, ...but it did cross my mind... I'm wondering just how many of those 18 million hilary voters from the primaries were actually hilary supporters? Didn't we have the likes of Ann Coulter appealing to her brain dead audience, and Limbaugh as well appealed to his audience. All of them talked up hilary over McCain. so I ask you, how many of those voters from the primaries, actually intended to vote for hilary in the general election? She may have garnered 18 million votes in the primaries, but how much of a certainty was there that those primary votes would have translated into votes on election day? The one certainty that was clear to see, was that Hilary was all about Hilary. I don't think most people would want her as a VP, not when you're the only thing standing between her and the presidency. I could see her undermining any attempts to move the country forward, so long as it promoted her agenda of moving hilary forward. Then too there was the litigation she had pending. Who was he going to choose...Edwards?  Perhaps if Hilary hadn't run such a divisive campaign, she might have been the running mate? Obama had really no choice but Biden.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #76 on: September 12, 2008, 08:15:02 AM »
Perhaps. 

McCain was given a clean bill by doctors who reviewed his medical records. 

Obama hasn't released his medical records.  I wonder what his lungs look like?   

They both released their medical records.
McCain's medical recors in the past 2 years was 80+ pages long.
Obama's medical records fit on 1 single page (with plenty of blank space left over)
w

MindSpin

• Getbig V
  • MMA > Boxing
« Reply #77 on: September 12, 2008, 08:17:31 AM »
You'd think with all his experience he'd know better.

Nothing wrong with being humble.
w

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #78 on: September 12, 2008, 08:42:59 AM »
There are a lot more medico-legal issues with falsifying medical Dx and documents these days.  Major differences in the accuracy and transparancy of records as well.  The Mayo clinic is top notch and would not stake its reputation or risk destructive media exposure.  I would highly doubt the institution would falsify any medical records or risks.  Better than you non-medical persons guessing, leave it as McCain is in good health but has some risks with his bouts of treated melanoma. 

Fact is that he is in good health, will be getting the best melanoma screening for any recurrences, fast thourough treatment (which is the way to ensure that the cancer doesn't spread) and it is very likely that a medical issue will not cause him to step down as president.  There is an increased risk to anyone over 65, but McCain's docs say he is healthy and fit and that is the best prediction anyone can make...so leave it at that.

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #79 on: September 12, 2008, 08:46:54 AM »
Nothing wrong with being humble.

Was he being humble?   And regardless, that was a political blunder, no doubt.  Something a man with his experience shouldn't have made.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #80 on: September 12, 2008, 10:22:46 AM »
Having melanoma that many times is scary.   On the other side i seriously doubt Obama's lungs are that bad.  Unless of course he'd been smoking 2 packs/day for 30 years.   I'm also suspicious as to whether of not he's really quit smoking, but he could have. 

He has "quit" more than once:  "Obama is still using Nicorette gum to stay off cigarettes--he has quit smoking several times, his doctor notes."  http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/05/obama_releases_health_informat.html

He also refused to release his medical records.  Instead, his doctor released a 276-word summary:

WASHINGTON--Likely Democratic nominee Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) is in "excellent health," according to a summary of Obama medical records released on Thursday. The 276-word summary was written by Dr. David L. Scheiner, the Chicago doctor who has been Obama's personal physician since March, 1987. Obama has not had a check-up in more than a year. Scheiner described Obama as "lean and muscular with no excess body fat."

http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/05/obama_releases_health_informat.html

What is he hiding? 

Compare that to McCain allowing independent docs to review his records:

McCain in 'excellent health,' doctor says

FOUNTAIN HILLS, Arizona (CNN) -- A team of doctors from the Mayo Clinic declared Friday that there appears to be no physical reason why Sen. John McCain, the 71-year-old presumed Republican presidential candidate, could not carry out the duties of the office.

"Sen. McCain enjoys excellent health and displays extraordinary energy, and, while it is impossible to predict any person's future health, I and my colleagues can find no medical reason or problem that would preclude Sen. McCain from fulfilling all of the duties or obligations of the president of the United States," said Dr. John D. Eckstein, an internist who has been overseeing McCain's treatment for 16 years at the famed research center's campus in Scottsdale, Arizona.

. . . .

http://www.cnn.com/2008/HEALTH/05/23/mccain.health.records/index.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: September 12, 2008, 10:25:07 AM »
They both released their medical records.
McCain's medical recors in the past 2 years was 80+ pages long.
Obama's medical records fit on 1 single page (with plenty of blank space left over)

According to this, Obama did not release his medical records.  He released a 276-word summary by his personal physician.    http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/05/obama_releases_health_informat.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #82 on: September 12, 2008, 10:51:44 AM »
He has "quit" more than once: 

oh brother.

You're a CTer.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 12, 2008, 12:12:33 PM »
oh brother.

You're a CTer.

::)  "he has quit smoking several times, his doctor notes." 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: September 12, 2008, 12:48:14 PM »
According to this, Obama did not release his medical records.  He released a 276-word summary by his personal physician.    http://blogs.suntimes.com/sweet/2008/05/obama_releases_health_informat.html

At 276 words, it was probably lengthier than his actual medical history.

Dec 2006 - Had a cold
Sept 2007 - Hayfever acted up for a week
March 2008 - Sore throat from all his speeches.
June 2008 - got a stitch in his side from laughing so hard when McCain narrowly escaped an applesauce avalanche

FIT AS A FIDDLE!
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: September 12, 2008, 01:34:08 PM »
At 276 words, it was probably lengthier than his actual medical history.

Dec 2006 - Had a cold
Sept 2007 - Hayfever acted up for a week
March 2008 - Sore throat from all his speeches.
June 2008 - got a stitch in his side from laughing so hard when McCain narrowly escaped an applesauce avalanche

FIT AS A FIDDLE!

I thought Obama released his medical records?   

Obama should let the "team of doctors from the Mayo Clinic" review his medical records, including records showing the condition of his lungs.   

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #86 on: September 12, 2008, 01:57:18 PM »
I thought Obama released his medical records?   

Obama should let the "team of doctors from the Mayo Clinic" review his medical records, including records showing the condition of his lungs.   

I've seen mcCain get winded trying to deliver a bloody sentence.
I've seen Obama go hard while playing basketball (which he does everyday)

I'd be willing to bet Obama's lungs are in way better shape than McCain's despite his previous habit of smoking.

Besides, ...it's not the lungs we're so worried about as much as the brains.
Obama has them, ...and Mccain clearly doesn't.
w

Cardfan

• Getbig III
« Reply #87 on: September 12, 2008, 02:05:58 PM »

I'd be willing to bet Obama's lungs are in way better shape than McCain's despite his previous habit of smoking.

you sure about that?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #88 on: September 12, 2008, 02:08:53 PM »

I have known lots of smokers who play sports.  Some of the fastest guys I've played with are smokers.  Very frustrating.  Does that make them healthy?  Of course not.  

But I guess you're backing off your claim that Obama released his medical records and that "Obama's medical records fit on 1 single page (with plenty of blank space left over)"?

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #89 on: September 12, 2008, 02:13:58 PM »
I have known lots of smokers who play sports.  Some of the fastest guys I've played with are smokers.  Very frustrating.  Does that make them healthy?  Of course not.  

But I guess you're backing off your claim that Obama released his medical records and that "Obama's medical records fit on 1 single page (with plenty of blank space left over)"?

See post #85 above.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2008, 02:21:20 PM »