Author Topic: only atheists are allowed to post in this thread.  (Read 106197 times)

Automation

• Getbig IV
Re: tbombz facebook post from today & free religious sermon by MOS!
« Reply #400 on: June 05, 2015, 05:59:53 AM »
Ok, it's fine to have an opinion, but to disprove the scientific evidence of radiometric dating requires:

1. 1st they need to show a flaw in the collection and/or analysis of the data collected in the current radiometric dating experiments.

2.  Next, they need to do experiments proving that the earth's matter is much younger.

The creationists love to have philosophical debates but offer no empirical data and experiments to support their side of the argument.

"Howard, stop being so logical. That makes far too much sense. I would prefer to believe a sky god helped stop me from being a gay rent boy in a bunny suit."

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #401 on: June 05, 2015, 06:10:34 AM »
"Howard, stop being so logical. That makes far too much sense. I would prefer to believe a sky god helped stop me from being a gay rent boy in a bunny suit."

It all fits together in a logical sequence.
Easter is a Christian holiday and the mascot of that day is the Easter bunny.
Thus, going from bunny suit to Christian pastor is a no brainer.

TBombz might get invited to the White House someday... on Easter ?

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #402 on: June 05, 2015, 06:18:32 AM »
It all fits together in a logical sequence.
Easter is a Christian holiday and the mascot of that day is the Easter bunny.
Thus, going from bunny suit to Christian pastor is a no brainer.

TBombz might get invited to the White House someday... on Easter ?

WHOSE IN CHARGE OF THAT BUNNY?

I think he would say the same if tbombz walked into his store!  :D   ;D

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #403 on: June 05, 2015, 06:38:12 AM »
WHOSE IN CHARGE OF THAT BUNNY?

I think he would say the same if tbombz walked into his store!  :D   ;D

Exactly, LOL ;D

I love the expressions and terms this guy uses when talking about men in bunny suits.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #404 on: June 05, 2015, 07:12:17 AM »
Hahahaha "a sky god helped me from being a gay rent boy in a bunny suit"

Let me get serious for a sec on this.

Much as we love to giggle at the infamous TBombz pics, I'm glad he's changed.
He'll have much better life as a Baptist preacher, then as a gay call bunny.

If it took religion for him to get it together, then it's a good thing for him as a man.

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #405 on: June 05, 2015, 07:25:37 AM »
Remember, these "vile, evil, depraved people committing the worst acts imaginable to each other" are the ones that, if you are to believe in the Christian myth, your own God created despite knowing fully that they were "vile, evil [and] depraved" and would commit "the worst acts imaginable." You can't provide a single, coherent answer as to why he would do this. You stammer out some nonsense about he has a plan and he wants everyone to be all lovey-dovey and in communion with him.

So having created "vile, evil [and] depraved" people according to plan he goes on to set a standard of perfection that by his own admission noone can meet, and punishes thoses who fail to achieve that impossible perfection. You can't provide a single coherent answer as to why he would do this either. Instead  you stammer out some nonsense about how he loves so much that he's willing to pay the price for our shortfall on our behalf.

But who is demanding and collecting that price? The answer is your God. He decrees that "the wages of sin is death" (Romans 6:23) and pays that price, by sacrificing himself (via his "son") to himself, to appease a penalty that he himself demands. You can't provide a single coherent answer as to why this insane loop is required and why he won't just forgive people outright without the need for all this other stuff. Instead of you stammer out some nonsense that God is sovereign and can't be judged by us.

BULLSHIT.

The God of the Bible is irrational, irritable and insecure. He is deeply flawed and very human, behaving like a thug and a bully. That God deserves neither fealty nor worship.

Sorry, didn't have time to line-by-line my response (maybe I can amend it later).

I think one thing to consider is that God does have some limitations.  God can’t be anything other than himself….he can’t not be divine in nature.   God can’t not exist.  God can’t create another being that is equal to or greater than himself.   God is incapable of not knowing all things past, present and future.  God also can’t create beings who are given free will and that will only choose him.   

God’s Foreknowledge is exactly what it is…knowledge of all things to come….it can’t not be that.  I’m curious how it could be?   The reprobate had every opportunity to turn to God and they refused…..they made their choices….the choices weren’t made for them.   Knowing every single thing that will happen is not the same thing as programming “choices” into folks that they are forced to make.

“So God loves me so much that he created me knowing I would choose to go to hell?   What a guy!!”

In this discussion, God is marked as the only one “to blame”.   Well, if God neither preprograms our choices nor forces us to abide by his will then we have to consider our lineage.   Our parents, grandparents, great grandparents and so forth all made the decision to have sex and some did so for the specific purpose of making little avxo’s and little MOS’.   Now, God certainly has both the right and ability to intervene in his creation, but he allows for the contingency of free will and yet remains sovereign.  Our lives are completely wrapped in the choices made by our parents.  God, in his providence, made it possible for his creation to “go forth and multiply”.    Now given his foreknowledge of the future choices of these new folks should God have eliminated those that he knew wouldn’t choose him?   Shouldn’t all people have the opportunity to choose God?   

Further, the problem with your personal objections is that you fully realize and comprehend the implications of your choices.  In this moment, you are in direct defiance of God and you continue to refuse him.  The reprobate world realized the same.    God knew you would defy him, but he didn’t preprogram that decision into you nor does he want you to make that choice.  Is it better that you not be created in the first place or created without options or choice?   

So knowing all you do about God’s will you prefer a Godless existence.           

Keep in mind, that within your current, Godless existence that the expressions of goodness and beauty and love and compassion we experience in this life are directly attributed to the very nature of God.  The very visage of humanity is an expression of his divine countenance.  You already exist in his grace yet you defiantly lash out against him.   God created us to come into fellowship with him, but provided for our free will (with the understanding of the limitation therein) so that we may make the purest choice possible to accept or reject him.  Those that reject him will exit this life and enter into an eternity in which all the divine attributes of God will be removed.   What remains in that existence will encompass hell and those that populate its ranks are those that chose “no God for me”.

There is no requirement on God’s part to satisfy our sin debt.  Yes, it’s his creation and his law, but law without the enforcement of penalty is no law at all….it’s meaningless.    The degree of holiness, righteousness and justice of God’s nature is beyond our ability to comprehend.   It’s so inconceivably absolute that it cannot be aligned with unrighteousness in any form whatsoever.     God’s justice and righteousness is so great that our sins (our offenses against God) require that divine justice be accomplished.  If you were to approach me and slap me in the face the penalty for doing so may be that I slap back…not much.  If you slap a police officer you’re going to spend some time in jail.   If you slap the President you’re may spend your life in jail.   Now, if you slap an infinite God in the face the penalty will align with the his nature and remain infinite.     

This sin-filled existence will come to an end and from that end will be ushered in something new, something spotless, something without the mar of sin.  And it will populated by those of his former creation that chose to align themselves in righteousness with God.   God also designed his creation so that life is in the blood.  He chose that the vehicle to pay for sin is found in blood.  The Israelites of the OT atoned for sin via the sacrifice of the prime specimens of their flocks and herds.  That was a temporary measure.  Why did God choose blood as his vehicle and not something else I couldn’t say.   In the end, because of his foreknowledge of our future free choices he entered into his creation as the incarnate Son in Jesus Christ.  The spotless lamb who’s perfect, divine blood was sufficient to satisfy the requirements of his divine law.     “God should just forgive everyone because it’s his own law that you admit we can’t live up to and yet are subject to.”    Correct, we can’t, but God didn’t leave us without the ability to be permanently reconciled with his divine righteousness.   That’s why he sent his Son  Jesus Christ to pay that sin debt on our behalf.   

I can’t explain every facet of God’s nature and that’s ok.  It’s neither required of me nor is it necessary for any of us to fully grasp before we can make a pure choice about God.   You simply  place that burden upon the argument.  You want the onus shifted squarely on God’s shoulders and you accept no responsibility for your sins against God.  You understand the law, break it, but aren’t complicit.   In your eyes God should just given everyone a free pass and you refuse to accept that Jesus Christ is that pass because you dislike the concept of faith.  You don’t understand it so you don’t like it.   I admit it’s not an easy topic to discuss or summarize and I don’t have all the answers, but I trust in the what he’s revealed to me via the Holy Spirit and that what he outlined in scripture he’s fulfilled in me.   I’ve experienced nothing but fulfilled promise, goodness, grace and love.  I simply try and share that with others in hopes that they may come to choose Christ for their lives.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #406 on: June 05, 2015, 07:41:01 AM »
Just in case one of you ladies and gentlemen is interested in the scientific side of Creationism

There is a wonderful website that you can visit, it is created by bible believing Christians with Master's and PHd's in the relevant fields of science.

www.creation.com

Here is a sample video:

:)

These guys are huge assholes, not only are they presenting false information (they are of low character) they couldn't be more wrong on every single point. The first point regarding helium is hilarious. They appear to be unable to see they inherent contradiction in their argument, helium leaks out, we can measure it there is only enough leakage to show the earth is 2 million years old ie the earth is NOT billions of years old! First, if they are using this as an argument they just proved the earth is not "young", they have no critical thinking skills, they are blinded by bias. Secondly, they are presenting the fact that helium leaks into the atmosphere and is measurable as a linear event, it is not, subsurface pressure, they composition of the strata all alter leakage rates, they are wrong. They use their bullshit degree's (i can't be bothered to see which shitty religious school they milled it from) as proof they are scientific, yet have contempt for science as a whole, show distrust for educational system, frame biologists  as "evolutionists" etc.. They have other videos like "is atheism a religion, 7 ways to detect a religion", they are again framing religion negatively but seem to stupid to realize it. These people are deep into the bullshit, they have no sense of right, no care for fact or reality, they simply want it to be true. They have also blocked the comments, another sign of a person/group that wants to avoid critical appraisal, in case there house of lies collapses.

This is why I find religion disgusting, it's built on lies, perpetuates lies and distorts reality.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #407 on: June 05, 2015, 07:49:09 AM »
God is the only being who will exist long enough to read your entire post :D

Sorry, didn't have time to line-by-line my response (maybe I can amend it later).

I think one thing to consider is that God does have some limitations.  God can’t be anything other than himself….he can’t not be divine in nature.   God can’t not exist.  God can’t create another being that is equal to or greater than himself.   God is incapable of not knowing all things past, present and future.  God also can’t create beings who are given free will and that will only choose him.   

God’s Foreknowledge is exactly what it is…knowledge of all things to come….it can’t not be that.  I’m curious how it could be?   The reprobate had every opportunity to turn to God and they refused…..they made their choices….the choices weren’t made for them.   Knowing every single thing that will happen is not the same thing as programming “choices” into folks that they are forced to make.

“So God loves me so much that he created me knowing I would choose to go to hell?   What a guy!!”

In this discussion, God is marked as the only one “to blame”.   Well, if God neither preprograms our choices nor forces us to abide by his will then we have to consider our lineage.   Our parents, grandparents, great grandparents and so forth all made the decision to have sex and some did so for the specific purpose of making little avxo’s and little MOS’.   Now, God certainly has both the right and ability to intervene in his creation, but he allows for the contingency of free will and yet remains sovereign.  Our lives are completely wrapped in the choices made by our parents.  God, in his providence, made it possible for his creation to “go forth and multiply”.    Now given his foreknowledge of the future choices of these new folks should God have eliminated those that he knew wouldn’t choose him?   Shouldn’t all people have the opportunity to choose God?   

Further, the problem with your personal objections is that you fully realize and comprehend the implications of your choices.  In this moment, you are in direct defiance of God and you continue to refuse him.  The reprobate world realized the same.    God knew you would defy him, but he didn’t preprogram that decision into you nor does he want you to make that choice.  Is it better that you not be created in the first place or created without options or choice?   

Keep in mind, that within your current, Godless existence that the expressions of goodness and beauty and love and compassion we experience in this life are directly attributed to the very nature of God.  The very visage of humanity is an expression of his divine countenance.  You already exist in his grace yet you defiantly lash out against him.   God created us to come into fellowship with him, but provided for our free will (with the understanding of the limitation therein) so that we may make the purest choice possible to accept or reject him.  Those that reject him will exit this life and enter into an eternity in which all the divine attributes of God will be removed.   What remains in that existence will encompass hell and those that populate its ranks are those that chose “no God for me”.

There is no requirement on God’s part to satisfy our sin debt.  Yes, it’s his creation and his law, but law without the enforcement of penalty is no law at all….it’s meaningless.    The degree of holiness, righteousness and justice of God’s nature is beyond our ability to comprehend.   It’s so inconceivably absolute that it cannot be aligned with unrighteousness in any form whatsoever.     God’s justice and righteousness is so great that our sins (our offenses against God) require that divine justice be accomplished.  If you were to approach me and slap me in the face the penalty for doing so may be that I slap back…not much.  If you slap a police officer you’re going to spend some time in jail.   If you slap the President you’re may spend your life in jail.   Now, if you slap an infinite God in the face the penalty will align with the his nature and remain infinite.     

This sin-filled existence will come to an end and from that end will be ushered in something new, something spotless, something without the mar of sin.  And it will populated by those of his former creation that chose to align themselves in righteousness with God.   God also designed his creation so that life is in the blood.  He chose that the vehicle to pay for sin is found in blood.  The Israelites of the OT atoned for sin via the sacrifice of the prime specimens of their flocks and herds.  That was a temporary measure.  Why did God choose blood as his vehicle and not something else I couldn’t say.   In the end, because of his foreknowledge of our future free choices he entered into his creation as the incarnate Son in Jesus Christ.  The spotless lamb who’s perfect, divine blood was sufficient to satisfy the requirements of his divine law.     “God should just forgive everyone because it’s his own law that you admit we can’t live up to and yet are subject to.”    Correct, we can’t, but God didn’t leave us without the ability to be permanently reconciled with his divine righteousness.   That’s why he sent his Son  Jesus Christ to pay that sin debt on our behalf.   

I can’t explain every facet of God’s nature and that’s ok.  It’s neither required of me nor is it necessary for any of us to fully grasp before we can make a pure choice about God.   You simply  place that burden upon the argument.  You want the onus shifted squarely on God’s shoulders and you accept no responsibility for your sins against God.  You understand the law, break it, but aren’t complicit.   In your eyes God should just given everyone a free pass and you refuse to accept that Jesus Christ is that pass because you dislike the concept of faith.  You don’t understand it so you don’t like it.   I admit it’s not an easy topic to discuss or summarize and I don’t have all the answers, but I trust in the what he’s revealed to me via the Holy Spirit and that what he outlined in scripture he’s fulfilled in me.   I’ve experienced nothing but fulfilled promise, goodness, grace and love.  I simply try and share that with others in hopes that they may come to choose Christ for their lives.

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #408 on: June 05, 2015, 08:47:16 AM »
God is the only being who will exist long enough to read your entire post :D

But unless he has the patience of Job he still won't be able to get through it.

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #409 on: June 05, 2015, 08:53:30 AM »

Automation

• Getbig IV
« Reply #410 on: June 05, 2015, 08:56:29 AM »

TL:DR: A waffling post of utter insanity...

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
« Reply #411 on: June 05, 2015, 11:14:25 AM »

Awwwwww...thank you!  :-*

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #412 on: June 05, 2015, 11:34:15 AM »

Most, if not all of it, is sophistry and cannot be proven. Its all faith-based.
X

FitnessFrenzy

• Getbig V
  • evolving
« Reply #413 on: June 05, 2015, 12:00:20 PM »
no reason to be scared of dying of AIDS when you can look forward to the afterlife:

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #414 on: June 05, 2015, 12:29:25 PM »
So Jesus condems to hell those who dont believe in him  ::)

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #415 on: June 05, 2015, 12:35:04 PM »
for sure ^^

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #416 on: June 05, 2015, 12:55:56 PM »
I feel sorry for the millions of Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish and Hindu people that are unfortunate enough to be raised into a different culture and are now gonna die and get met with the full fury of Jesus lol. His dad's even worse...they are like the divinely appointed version of the Corleone family.

I believe I saw MOS post that, the only way to heaven in through jesus. All other religions will burn with the atheists.

The Ugly

• Getbig V
« Reply #417 on: June 05, 2015, 01:02:28 PM »
I must admit, I've always had a problem with that.

I have always thought that if you did or did not believe specifically in God or Jesus or any deity, that it would be on the bottom of the list of things that a god would care about.

Do you care about if an ant believes in you?

I would think that any deity would care more about how you treat your fellow man on a day to day basis and not so much on whether you "believe".

Indeed. The ability to suspend disbelief trumping moral character is beyond baffling. Incredibly stupid and immoral, too.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #418 on: June 05, 2015, 02:45:35 PM »
I feel sorry for the millions of Buddhist, Muslim, Jewish and Hindu people that are unfortunate enough to be raised into a different culture and are now gonna die and get met with the full fury of Jesus lol. His dad's even worse...they are like the divinely appointed version of the Corleone family.

I thought the Jews were God's chosen people?
I guess the Almighty, pulled a fast one on 'em huh?

Knooger

• Getbig V
« Reply #419 on: June 05, 2015, 03:14:38 PM »
yeah he loves to trick people....always fucking with them lol. He apparently like's to hide fossils just to test folk, and plant apple trees that tempt you into eternal hell. He's quite the prankster, our lord.

He trolls harder than any Getbigger. Makes Josh look like a librarian.

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #420 on: June 05, 2015, 04:55:39 PM »
There is quantitative proof that the earth is aprox 4.5 billion yrs old via radiometric dating.
One can actually measure this in a lab via radiation levels and half life times in ordinary rocks.
This is as clear and basic as gravity or seeing light waves , etc.

Ok, it's fine to have an opinion, but to disprove the scientific evidence of radiometric dating requires:

1. 1st they need to show a flaw in the collection and/or analysis of the data collected in the current radiometric dating experiments.

2.  Next, they need to do experiments proving that the earth's matter is much younger.

The creationists love to have philosophical debates but offer no empirical data and experiments to support their side of the argument.

Hey Howard,
 there are plenty of articles on their website that address these issues, and many more.

"The assumption of a great age will influence the interpretation of the data and is certainly likely to lead to colossal misconceptions, the most outstanding of which is the widely propagated view that radiometric dating has established the age of the Earth to be 4.5 b.y"

http://creation.com/radiometric-dating-age-of-earth

Hope all is well..
-Taylor

These guys are huge assholes, not only are they presenting false information (they are of low character) they couldn't be more wrong on every single point. The first point regarding helium is hilarious. They appear to be unable to see they inherent contradiction in their argument, helium leaks out, we can measure it there is only enough leakage to show the earth is 2 million years old ie the earth is NOT billions of years old! First, if they are using this as an argument they just proved the earth is not "young", they have no critical thinking skills, they are blinded by bias. Secondly, they are presenting the fact that helium leaks into the atmosphere and is measurable as a linear event, it is not, subsurface pressure, they composition of the strata all alter leakage rates, they are wrong. They use their bullshit degree's (i can't be bothered to see which shitty religious school they milled it from) as proof they are scientific, yet have contempt for science as a whole, show distrust for educational system, frame biologists  as "evolutionists" etc.. They have other videos like "is atheism a religion, 7 ways to detect a religion", they are again framing religion negatively but seem to stupid to realize it. These people are deep into the bullshit, they have no sense of right, no care for fact or reality, they simply want it to be true. They have also blocked the comments, another sign of a person/group that wants to avoid critical appraisal, in case there house of lies collapses.

This is why I find religion disgusting, it's built on lies, perpetuates lies and distorts reality.
We are all biased. We Creationists are biased towards our God, The Lord Jesus Christ, and what His Word tells us. We interpret the data accoridng to what our God has told us about the past.  And, yes, we are very distrustful of the "scientific community" and of the education system.. because we believe that humans are evil, and humans hate God, and humans will do everything in their power to convince themselves, and others, that God does not exist. Just look at some of these quotes...

I speak from experience, being strongly subject to this fear myself: I want atheism to be true and am made uneasy by the fact that some of the most intelligent and well-informed people I know are religious believers. It isn’t just that I don’t believe in God and, naturally, hope that I’m right in my belief. It’s that I hope there is no God! I don’t want there to be a God; I don’t want the universe to be like that."
-Thomas Nagel

"Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism.

It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.

The eminent Kant scholar Lewis Beck used to say that anyone who could believe in God could believe in anything. To appeal to an omnipotent deity is to allow that at any moment the regularities of nature may be ruptured, that Miracles may happen.
"
-Richard Lewontin

"I am convinced that the battle for humankind’s future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: a religion of humanity that recognizes and respects the spark of what theologians call divinity in every human being. These teachers must embody the same selfless dedication as the most rabid fundamentalist preachers, for they will be ministers of another sort, utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to convey humanist values in whatever subject they teach, regardless of the educational level—preschool day care or large state university. The classroom must and will become an arena of conflict between the old and the new—the rotting corpse of Christianity, together with all its adjacent evils and misery, and the new faith of humanism"
-John J. Dunphy

"Even if all the data point to an intelligent designer, such an hypothesis is excluded from science because it is not naturalistic"
-Dr. Scott Todd

So Jesus condems to hell those who dont believe in him  ::)

No, Jesus saves those who believe in Him.

che

• Getbig V
« Reply #421 on: June 05, 2015, 05:08:57 PM »

Jesus loves ass kissers .

Fortress

• Getbig V
« Reply #422 on: June 05, 2015, 05:22:51 PM »
Jesus, Mohamed and all the gods can suck my wang.

;D

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #423 on: June 05, 2015, 06:08:01 PM »
Hey Howard,
 there are plenty of articles on their website that address these issues, and many more.

"The assumption of a great age will influence the interpretation of the data and is certainly likely to lead to colossal misconceptions, the most outstanding of which is the widely propagated view that radiometric dating has established the age of the Earth to be 4.5 b.y"

http://creation.com/radiometric-dating-age-of-earth

Hope all is well..
-Taylor

We are all biased. We Creationists are biased towards our God, The Lord Jesus Christ, and what His Word tells us. We interpret the data accoridng to what our God has told us about the past.  And, yes, we are very distrustful of the "scientific community" and of the education system.. because we believe that humans are evil, and humans hate God, and humans will do everything in their power to convince themselves, and others, that God does not exist. Just look at some of these quotes...

I speak from experience, being strongly subject to this fear myself: I want atheism to be true and am made uneasy by the fact that some of the most intelligent and well-informed people I know are religious believers. It isn’t just that I don’t believe in God and, naturally, hope that I’m right in my belief. It’s that I hope there is no God! I don’t want there to be a God; I don’t want the universe to be like that."
-Thomas Nagel

"Our willingness to accept scientific claims that are against common sense is the key to an understanding of the real struggle between science and the supernatural. We take the side of science in spite of the patent absurdity of some of its constructs, in spite of its failure to fulfill many of its extravagant promises of health and life, in spite of the tolerance of the scientific community for unsubstantiated just-so stories, because we have a prior commitment, a commitment to materialism.

It is not that the methods and institutions of science somehow compel us to accept a material explanation of the phenomenal world, but, on the contrary, that we are forced by our a priori adherence to material causes to create an apparatus of investigation and a set of concepts that produce material explanations, no matter how counter-intuitive, no matter how mystifying to the uninitiated. Moreover, that materialism is absolute, for we cannot allow a Divine Foot in the door.

The eminent Kant scholar Lewis Beck used to say that anyone who could believe in God could believe in anything. To appeal to an omnipotent deity is to allow that at any moment the regularities of nature may be ruptured, that Miracles may happen.
"
-Richard Lewontin

"I am convinced that the battle for humankind’s future must be waged and won in the public school classroom by teachers who correctly perceive their role as the proselytizers of a new faith: a religion of humanity that recognizes and respects the spark of what theologians call divinity in every human being. These teachers must embody the same selfless dedication as the most rabid fundamentalist preachers, for they will be ministers of another sort, utilizing a classroom instead of a pulpit to convey humanist values in whatever subject they teach, regardless of the educational level—preschool day care or large state university. The classroom must and will become an arena of conflict between the old and the new—the rotting corpse of Christianity, together with all its adjacent evils and misery, and the new faith of humanism"
-John J. Dunphy

"Even if all the data point to an intelligent designer, such an hypothesis is excluded from science because it is not naturalistic"
-Dr. Scott Todd

That is 100% lunacy. That is what is wrong with religious people. Distrustful of science and education? Don't you take medicine for your disease? Don't you go to doctors? Don't you type on your computer? Don't you drive your car? I hate to break it to you, but all of this was achieve via education, which created scientists.

Anyway, your statement is why religious people are deemed crazy. Every single word in that paragraph is inspired by utter delusion.

Seriously, I feel sorry for you Tbombz. I really hope you leave behind these beliefs and come back to reality. You are so far gone. Its a real pity.

Those quotes are all spot on and applaud them for saying those things.
X

tbombz

• Getbig V
  • Psalms 150
« Reply #424 on: June 05, 2015, 09:06:52 PM »
That is 100% lunacy. That is what is wrong with religious people. Distrustful of science and education? Don't you take medicine for your disease? Don't you go to doctors? Don't you type on your computer? Don't you drive your car? I hate to break it to you, but all of this was achieve via education, which created scientists.

Anyway, your statement is why religious people are deemed crazy. Every single word in that paragraph is inspired by utter delusion.

Seriously, I feel sorry for you Tbombz. I really hope you leave behind these beliefs and come back to reality. You are so far gone. Its a real pity.

Those quotes are all spot on and applaud them for saying those things.

Hey SF.  :)

Just to clarify... I did not say that we are distrustful of 'science and education'

I said we are distrustful of the "scientific community" and of the education system.

There is a difference!