Author Topic: some mindnumbing numbers from WW2  (Read 8673 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
Re: some mindnumbing numbers from WW2
« Reply #50 on: September 20, 2006, 07:12:57 AM »
haha priceless! I think ive watched that movie at least 100 times
"i will be allowed to fulfill my destiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Lord Humungous

• Getbig V
  • REVOLUTION CALLING!
« Reply #51 on: September 20, 2006, 07:24:14 AM »
"i will be allowed to fulfill my destiny!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

30 years from now when your sitting fireside with your grandson on your knee and and he asks what you did in the great WWII you wont have to say, "well, I shoveled shit in Louisiana."
X

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #52 on: September 20, 2006, 07:27:42 AM »
"if i could find those two Nazi sons of bitches i'd give them both medals"
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: September 20, 2006, 07:37:27 AM »
"Such a waste of fine infantry."
The House that Ruth built

suckmymuscle

« Reply #54 on: September 20, 2006, 10:41:16 AM »
Supersonic speeds are 800+ miles per hour. The ME 262 was pushing 500 MPH. Where the f**k do you get your "facts" from? The British and Americans were far ahead in radar technology. How do you think the RAF decimated the Luftwaffa in the Battle for Britain despite being severely undermanned? By sheer luck? The British had many radar installations and the Germans didn't even realize the importance of them so they didn't even try to destroy them.They just kept bombing London to little effect. The V2 was able to reach Britain from inside France. Theoretically what it could do doesn't mean jack shit. They nor the ME 262 had any impact on the war. Case closed.  ::) You may have a B.A. in bullshitting. ::)

What an idiot you are. I actually feel sorry for you. You were probably taught this crap at an American Public school system. It is an undeniable fact that Germany used super-sonic fighter planes at the end of the war; they develped the technology, and then Lockhead Martin got it from German scientists who were detained by U.S forces at the end of the war, and kept incarcerated by the Aliies.

Breaking the nazi codes had nothing to do with the British: it was Swede mathematician, Arne Beurling, and a Hungarian one, ohn Von Neumann, who were responsible for breaking the codes.

The radar was invented by the British in 1935, granted, but the first surface detectant radar was German. German radars detected the Allied air force's planes flying to bomb Hannover three hours in advance. You're stupid and insane and I feel sorry for the education you were given.

The U.S only became a World scientific power in the 1950s, after it "imported" German scientists. Even in the 1930s, the number of U.S patents was very modest when compared to that of Europe. Even France, in the 1930s, with a population three times smaller than the U.S', had an equivalent number of patents in chemistry, engineering, medicine and the like. The American space program was an off-shot of the German rocket balistic program. Professor Werner Von Braun was the head of NASA until the early 1970s!

Even the fission bom, which Americans love to brag about, was only possible to the equations proposed by Einstein...a German. Sure, he was ewish, but also a German. In the Manhattan Proect, the number of foreigners was almost as great as Americans, so can't claim that as an exclusively American achievement.

I mean, it must hurt you greatly, that a large part of America's most advanced weaponry, was either invented by foreigners or in collaboration with them. You are an ignorant asshole, the provincial and egocentric type that's so common in America, and I sincerely hope your parents sue your school district for having failed you so miserably. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: September 20, 2006, 11:46:13 AM »
Supersonic speeds are 800+ miles per hour. The ME 262 was pushing 500 MPH. Where the f**k do you get your "facts" from? The British and Americans were far ahead in radar technology. How do you think the RAF decimated the Luftwaffa in the Battle for Britain despite being severely undermanned? By sheer luck? The British had many radar installations and the Germans didn't even realize the importance of them so they didn't even try to destroy them.They just kept bombing London to little effect. The V2 was able to reach Britain from inside France. Theoretically what it could do doesn't mean jack shit. They nor the ME 262 had any impact on the war. Case closed.  ::) You may have a B.A. in bullshitting. ::)

Speed of sound at sea level is 761mph or 1100 ft per second. Even at 500-550 miles an hour the ME 262 was 50-75 miles an hour faster than the P-51 Mustang. The problem was the ME262 didn't show up until almost at the end of the war. Germany was way ahead on jet tech. If Germany would have had this machine at the beginning or even 1/2 thru it could have changed the course,but that's a mighty big IF

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #56 on: September 20, 2006, 12:36:28 PM »
  What an idiot you are. I actually feel sorry for you. You were probably taught this crap at an American Public school system. It is an undeniable fact that Germany used super-sonic fighter planes at the end of the war; they develped the technology, and then Lockhead Martin got it from German scientists who were detained by U.S forces at the end of the war, and kept incarcerated by the Aliies.

Breaking the nazi codes had nothing to do with the British: it was Swede mathematician, Arne Beurling, and a Hungarian one, ohn Von Neumann, who were responsible for breaking the codes.

The radar was invented by the British in 1935, granted, but the first surface detectant radar was German. German radars detected the Allied air force's planes flying to bomb Hannover three hours in advance. You're stupid and insane and I feel sorry for the education you were given.

The U.S only became a World scientific power in the 1950s, after it "imported" German scientists. Even in the 1930s, the number of U.S patents was very modest when compared to that of Europe. Even France, in the 1930s, with a population three times smaller than the U.S', had an equivalent number of patents in chemistry, engineering, medicine and the like. The American space program was an off-shot of the German rocket balistic program. Professor Werner Von Braun was the head of NASA until the early 1970s!

Even the fission bom, which Americans love to brag about, was only possible to the equations proposed by Einstein...a German. Sure, he was ewish, but also a German. In the Manhattan Proect, the number of foreigners was almost as great as Americans, so can't claim that as an exclusively American achievement.

I mean, it must hurt you greatly, that a large part of America's most advanced weaponry, was either invented by foreigners or in collaboration with them. You are an ignorant asshole, the provincial and egocentric type that's so common in America, and I sincerely hope your parents sue your school district for having failed you so miserably. ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Curious which jet reached super sonic speed?  Are you talking about Hans Guido Mutke in his me-262?

From my understanding George Welch did it first in 1947 in level flight.

As far as your points about America recieving much of technological advancements from foreigners is true. Von Brohn (sp?) is the first to come to mind.  Although, as you say Eistien contributed the formula for the A-bomb the formula was made a reality through the thousands that worked on the manhatten project. 

I learned all this through the crappy American School system amazingly  :)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: September 20, 2006, 01:16:15 PM »

The debate isn't over having the jet. Suckmymuscle keeps saying the Germans had supersonic jets which is a blatant lie. And true ICBM's, another falsehood.

Speed of sound at sea level is 761mph or 1100 ft per second. Even at 500-550 miles an hour the ME 262 was 50-75 miles an hour faster than the P-51 Mustang. The problem was the ME262 didn't show up until almost at the end of the war. Germany was way ahead on jet tech. If Germany would have had this machine at the beginning or even 1/2 thru it could have changed the course,but that's a mighty big IF

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: September 20, 2006, 01:23:11 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Hey dopey. I knew Mr. Von Braun Personally. He used to visit us every year at our summer home in Branford, CT. He was a business associate of my uncle who worked in the defense and aeronautics industry.  I stated that here on Getbig long ago. So lets not go there. These dumb american schools produce more Nobel Prize winners than the rest of the world combined. This dumb country has the best university system by far in the world. This dumb country is home to just about every high tech company in the world that matters. The German scientists were kept incarcerated by the allies? You are a fool. They all became American citizens, including Von Braun. Get over your jealousy.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 20, 2006, 01:24:56 PM »
Hey dopey. I knew Mr. Von Braun Personally. he was a business associate of my uncle who worked in the defense industry.  I stated that here on Getbig long ago. So lets not go there. These dumb american schools produce more Nobel Prize winners than the rest of the world combined. This dumb country has the best university system by far in the world. This dumb country is home to just about every high tech company in the world that matters. The german scietists were kept incarcerated by the allies? You are a fool. They all became American citizens, including Von Braun. Get over your jealousy.

Don't forget this "Dumb" country is pretty much is the most powerful nation on earth!   ;D

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #60 on: September 20, 2006, 01:26:02 PM »
Don't forget this "Dumb" country is pretty much is the most powerful nation on earth!   ;D

Guys like suckmymuscle can't deal with it.

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 20, 2006, 01:30:34 PM »

the Germans are the only imports who made this country great . . . the indigenous white folks (white Indians, i call 'em) . . . were only good for minor things like the Constitution, the railroads, Standard Oil, US Steel, Ford, etc.  ::)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: September 20, 2006, 01:32:47 PM »

the Germans are the only imports who made this country great . . . the indigenous white folks (white Indians, i call 'em) . . . were only good for minor things like the Constitution, the railroads, Standard Oil, US Steel, Ford, etc.  ::)

Al-Gebra, nobody is knocking the Germans. I don't understand your post? ???

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: September 20, 2006, 01:33:36 PM »
Al-Gebra, nobody is knocking the Germans. I don't understand your post? ???

I'm being immensely sarcastic about claims that the Germans made us a superpower. guess i went overboard.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: September 20, 2006, 01:39:14 PM »
I'm being immensely sarcastic about claims that the Germans made us a superpower. guess i went overboard.

Yeah, its 60 years later and we are still riding on their coat tails. ;)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: September 20, 2006, 01:40:31 PM »
Yeah, its 60 years later and we are still ridning on their coat tails. ;)

yeah, so much so that we had to maintain immense bases in their country to facilitate our riding.  :)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #66 on: September 20, 2006, 01:42:37 PM »
yeah, so much so that we had to maintain immense bases in their country to facilitate our riding.  :)

Yeah, those bases only had to house 350,000 American soldiers for 45 years.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #67 on: September 20, 2006, 01:45:13 PM »
Hey dopey. I knew Mr. Von Braun Personally. He used to visit us every year at our summer home in Branford, CT. He was a business associate of my uncle who worked in the defense and aeronautics industry.  I stated that here on Getbig long ago. So lets not go there. These dumb american schools produce more Nobel Prize winners than the rest of the world combined. This dumb country has the best university system by far in the world. This dumb country is home to just about every high tech company in the world that matters. The German scientists were kept incarcerated by the allies? You are a fool. They all became American citizens, including Von Braun. Get over your jealousy.

Still upset that I owned you on your bullshit claim that the Germans didn't have super-sonic technology at the end of World War 2? As for number of Nobelists, like I said, the U.S only ahieved this staus in the 1950s, when Europe was in ruins. Even France, which Americans love to put down so much, had a comparable number of Nobelists and more scientific patents registered than the U.S. Read the book by Harvrd professor, Charles Murray, entitled 'Human Accomplishment", and you'll learn that for some 600 years, from the 14th Century to the 1950s, practically all scientific, artistic and literary creations were made by Europeans. As for the tech industry, it fueled mostly by Indian, Chinese and Eastern European computer scientists. The U.S simply doesen't produce a high enough number of high-quality engineers to get it done. As for Von Braun, the basic fact remains the same: he was not a product of American Society, and the fact that he got naturalized is irrelevant to this effect. You also did nothing to counter the fact I presented that the Amerian space program was an off-shot from the Nazi rocket program based on Peenemunde.

Oh my, this travesty of not thinking that the U.S is not the greatest nation in the history of Humanity! How dare he! ::) I mean, the Chinese were wearing silk clothes and compasses, and that the Romans had public baths in an era when the modern U.S territory was inhabited by savages who practiced cannibalism. Or that, in the early 18th Century, the French were a World power which had achieved a level of cultural sophistication which eluds Americans to this day. Whatever, dude. Keep believing you red-neck fantasies about American greatness, while China surpasses the U.S in GNP and the European Union has already - again! - surpassed the U.S both in GNP and scientific patents. ;D ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: September 20, 2006, 01:48:17 PM »
I don't know how many people remember this but I do. When the cold war ended and the US started to close many army bases in Germany. As these bases closed many German communities around these bases did very much to show appreciation by having big celebrations, throwing parties. All sorts of happy festivities amongst Germans and Americans. Many tears were shed on both sides. When the Russians left East Germany and the Eastern Bloc countries literally they had to fight there way out. People hurled rocks at them, took potshots, scream epithets etc.. But America is so bad. :(

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: September 20, 2006, 01:49:11 PM »
  Still upset that I owned you on your bullshit claim that the Germans didn't have super-sonic technology at the end of World War 2? As for number of Nobelists, like I said, the U.S only ahieved this staus in the 1950s, when Europe was in ruins. Even France, whih americans love to put down so much, had a comparable number of Nobelists and more scientific patents registered than the U.S. Read the book by Harvrd professor, Charles Murray, entitled 'Human Accomplishment", and you'll learn that for some 600 years, from the 14th Century to the 1950s, practically all scientific, artistic and literary creations were made by Europeans. as for the tech industry, it fueled mostly by Indian, Chinese and Eastern European computer scientists. The U.S simply doesen't produce a high enough numberof high-quality engineers to get it done. As for Von Braun, the basic fact remains the same: he was not a product of American Society, and the fact that he got naturalized is irrelevant tothis effect. you also did nothing to counter the fact I presented that the Amerian space program was an off-shot from the Nazi rocket program based on Peenemunde.

Oh my, this travesty of not thinking that the U.S is not the greatest nation in the history of Humanity! How dare he! ::) I mean, the Chinese were wearing silk clothes and compasses, and that the Romans had public baths in an era when the modern U.S territory was inhabited by savages who practiced cannibalism. Or that, in the early 18th Century, the French were a World power which had achieved a level of cultural sophistication which eluds Americans to this day. Whatever, dude. Keep believing you red-neck fantasies about American greatness, while China surpasses the U.S in GNP and the European Union has already - again! - surpassed the U.S both in GNP and scientific patents. ;D ;)

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Umm not to get in the middle of you 2 but you still haven't really addressed the alleged super sonic technology the Germans had.

Which plane broke the sound barrier at level flight before the Americans did in 1947?

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #70 on: September 20, 2006, 01:52:38 PM »
  Still upset that I owned you on your bullshit claim that the Germans didn't have super-sonic technology at the end of World War 2? As for number of Nobelists, like I said, the U.S only ahieved this staus in the 1950s, when Europe was in ruins. Even France, which Americans love to put down so much, had a comparable number of Nobelists and more scientific patents registered than the U.S. Read the book by Harvrd professor, Charles Murray, entitled 'Human Accomplishment", and you'll learn that for some 600 years, from the 14th Century to the 1950s, practically all scientific, artistic and literary creations were made by Europeans. As for the tech industry, it fueled mostly by Indian, Chinese and Eastern European computer scientists. The U.S simply doesen't produce a high enough number of high-quality engineers to get it done. As for Von Braun, the basic fact remains the same: he was not a product of American Society, and the fact that he got naturalized is irrelevant to this effect. You also did nothing to counter the fact I presented that the Amerian space program was an off-shot from the Nazi rocket program based on Peenemunde.

SUCKMYMUSCLE

300 million Americans are living the "fantasy" about American greatness. Its a pretty vivid fantasy too. I could swear its real life. Maybe I should pinch myself. Ahahahah! I have no clue what country you are from but your jealousy is so strong you can feel it.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: September 20, 2006, 01:54:31 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Owned me? Your haven't substiantiated one of your claims. Nor have you been able to refute a single one of mine. ::)

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #72 on: September 20, 2006, 01:58:34 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Who cares about the early 1800's? Duh, "were a world power". The key word is "were" as in past tense. They folded like a tent in three weeks in 1940. The Chinese GNP is so far behind the USA right now its laughable. Most Chinese are still peasant farmers. True, someday they may pass the USA as an economic power. That day could be far off and is far from certain.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #73 on: September 20, 2006, 09:35:12 PM »
  True, someday they may pass the USA as an economic power. That day could be far off and is far from certain.

Actually, both the BID as well as the I.M.F predict this will happen before 2020, in ust another decade. China is already the World's fourth largest economy, and it grows at a rate of 10% a year. Once again, you got owned by yours truly. ;) Go study, boy. ;D

SUCKMYMUSCLE

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #74 on: September 20, 2006, 11:33:07 PM »

Yeah ur right we suck ;D
L