Author Topic: getbig's official NBA thread  (Read 55844 times)

herefortheglitter

• Getbig III
Re: getbig's official NBA thread
« Reply #775 on: June 16, 2015, 09:39:44 PM »
Wonder where Lebron is headed now?

Into a nosedive of cocaine probably. Left like a little coward. Showe no respect for the game unless he's winning it.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #776 on: June 16, 2015, 10:17:15 PM »
Lebron is the next Wilt.  A physically dominant player individually, a stat monster, but never won as much as he should have. 

Some of it is his fault but a lot of it is not his fault.  He's just one man.  You need the right guys around you and you need them to stay healthy.  Getting back to the finals again next year is possible but it's going to be a grind on Lebron physically and mentally.  That's why guys like MJ and Kobe who are able to win over and over again get so much respect.......because it's really fucking hard.   

Fuck him though.  Looks like his GOAT legacy is going to continue to be made up mostly of what ifs and excuses.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #777 on: June 17, 2015, 01:02:35 AM »
The next phase of Lebron worship is for his fans to heap praise on him for what he almost did.  To them, what Lebron almost did is somehow equivalent to or better than what other players actually did.  His almost winning was harder and more impressive than other guys actually winning.

My favorite is when they say "put MJ on this Cleveland team and..blah blah blah."  Frankly I'm pretty sure MJ could have lost in the finals with this team also.  Lebron competed had when he was under-manned and he made the series competitive, that's all.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #778 on: June 17, 2015, 02:13:03 AM »
I bet he feels like shit tonight for not bringing the title home to Cleveland.  He'll probably win it next year when his two all stars are healthy.

Congrats to coach Kerr (poor Mark jackson) and Steph Curry.

Pray_4_War

• Getbig V
  • Thot Expert
« Reply #779 on: June 17, 2015, 03:38:08 AM »
I'd be very surprised if Cleveland doesn't win it next year.

Thin Lizzy

• Getbig V
  • It’s all a fraud
« Reply #780 on: June 17, 2015, 04:49:31 AM »
Lebron is probably happy it's over. Now, he doesn't have to play with a group of stiffs anymore. None of use in NY are surprised about the play of JR Smith and Shumpart.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #781 on: June 17, 2015, 05:13:14 AM »
Lebron is the next Wilt.  A physically dominant player individually, a stat monster, but never won as much as he should have. 

Some of it is his fault but a lot of it is not his fault.  He's just one man.  You need the right guys around you and you need them to stay healthy.  Getting back to the finals again next year is possible but it's going to be a grind on Lebron physically and mentally.  That's why guys like MJ and Kobe who are able to win over and over again get so much respect.......because it's really fucking hard.   

Fuck him though.  Looks like his GOAT legacy is going to continue to be made up mostly of what ifs and excuses.

He blew it but apparently he doesn't care. He left Miami. Pat Riley wanted a dynasty here and would have made sure the pieces were in place to do so for the coming years.

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #782 on: June 17, 2015, 05:14:50 AM »
Wouldn't be shocked to see this next season...

He ain't leaving. He will get his money.

Svengoolie

• Getbig IV
« Reply #783 on: June 17, 2015, 05:15:48 AM »
Word down in south Florida is his wife made them move,  not liking him being around all the hot Latin ho's

Ronnie Rep

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #784 on: June 17, 2015, 05:23:49 AM »
Word down in south Florida is his wife made them move,  not liking him being around all the hot Latin ho's
:D Probably partially true.

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #785 on: June 17, 2015, 07:32:52 AM »
I love how cocky/look at me lebron was after the game talking about he's never seen anybody take a team like his to the finals without two all stars, etc. I'll bring up iverson again (and even Dwight Howard) when both of those teams went to the finals. Lol, lebron even had his guys for most of the year. Iverson had nobody the whole year.
What a tool/very defensive despite most everyone mediawise loving him to death.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #786 on: June 17, 2015, 07:38:23 AM »
Would have been more interesting if kyrie irving or even kevin ove were not hurt. Pretty disapointing season and p/o. Also probably the last time the spurs reach the playoffs.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #787 on: June 17, 2015, 07:47:59 AM »
Would've been interesting if Gasol didn't get hurt in the series against the Cavs

Would've been interesting if Durant didn't get hurt and him and Westbrook tearing shit up

Would've been interesting if John Wall didn't get hurt in the Hawks series....

Would've been interesting if the Blazers didn't lose some key guys and a banged up Aldridge played hurt...

Lost of interesting stuff

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #788 on: June 17, 2015, 07:51:12 AM »
Would've been interesting if Gasol didn't get hurt in the series against the Cavs

Would've been interesting if Durant didn't get hurt and him and Westbrook tearing shit up

Would've been interesting if John Wall didn't get hurt in the Hawks series....

Would've been interesting if the Blazers didn't lose some key guys and a banged up Aldridge played hurt...

Lost of interesting stuff
finals were clearely lopsided.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #789 on: June 17, 2015, 07:55:15 AM »
It was the perfect storm for the Warriors.  They got to the finals without having to play the Spurs or the Clippers. The Clippers are another running team, would have been in the 120's every night.  then they avoid Connoly Jr, then they get a hurt Dwight Howard, then a Cavs without Love and Irving, but also Irving slowed down the Cavs.  I think Warriors still win because it would be a different game style by the Cavs.

Lebron is a suck ass.  All the excuses this morning.  The better team all season won with a little bit of luck on their side.  Glad James didn't get the MVP.  I don't care about your stats when you lose 4 of 6 games.  You don't deserve an MVP award.

I never noticed how red Curry's hair is.  What's with these light skinned black guys with red hair in the NBA?

You know the Warriors will make some changes.  They might still get a top notch free agent and let Bogut and Lee walk. 

The Cavs have an easy east conference again.  Bulls with a rookie college coach will struggle.  Atlanta needs help and that's it.  Want to see James go 2-5.

Fuck him and fuck the shitty city of Cleveland.

BDsauce

• Getbig IV
« Reply #790 on: June 17, 2015, 07:59:56 AM »
OKC gonna be dangerous next season...

Donovan making the jump to the pros now, and he's gonna have a great staff...

We all know how great Durant and Westbrook are....

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #791 on: June 17, 2015, 08:04:39 AM »
Also, I know it is said that lebron makes everyone better but to me I don't really see it when it comes to playing with other star players. If we're all honest, when he went to Miami they should have won more. Bosh played worse with him and wade played worse with him. Lebron needs the ball an awful lot and that takes away from those players.
Love was not utilized like he should be this year as well, etc. Lebron elevates the solid/bad player due to open shots, etc. but not other star players. They generally aren't as effective with him. Hard to explain a bit but hopefully get what I am saying.
It's almost like the cavs/heat didn't/wouldn't have that major increase exponentially that you'd expect. Lebron wouldn't be as "good" and the other star players wouldn't be either. They might win but not as dominant as you would expect them to (just like the heat).

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #792 on: June 17, 2015, 08:08:10 AM »
I love how cocky/look at me lebron was after the game talking about he's never seen anybody take a team like his to the finals without two all stars, etc. I'll bring up iverson again (and even Dwight Howard) when both of those teams went to the finals. Lol, lebron even had his guys for most of the year. Iverson had nobody the whole year.
What a tool/very defensive despite most everyone mediawise loving him to death.

The way he phrased it was weird (around 4:45 here):

I think what he meant was there haven't been any other teams that reached the Finals after losing two All-Stars.  His team didn't do this either (Irving missed the middle two games against Atlanta but otherwise played in every Eastern playoffs game and the first Finals game).  

Actually both of those teams you mentioned had multiple All-Stars.  Mutombo was an All-Star on the Sixers although I think they didn't get him until the trade deadline, and Rashaard Lewis and Jameer Nelson were both All-Stars for some reason on Dwight's Finals team.  But there have been tons of teams that reached the Finals with only one current All-Star on their roster, including LeBron's own previous Cavs team.  Just since 2000:

Spurs 2014 (Tony Parker)
Mavs 2011 (Dirk)
Lakers 2008 (Kobe)
Cavs 2007 (LeBron)
Mavs 2006 (Dirk)
Pistons 2005 (Ben Wallace)
Pistons 2004 (Ben Wallace)
Spurs 2003 (Tim Duncan)
Nets 2003 (Jason Kidd)
Nets 2002 (Jason Kidd)

However I do think it's exceedingly rare for a team to reach the Finals with only one guy on their roster who has ever been an All-Star.  For example even if you don't count Love and Irving on the current Cavs, Shawn Marion has been an All-Star like three or four times.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #793 on: June 17, 2015, 08:13:18 AM »
Also, I know it is said that lebron makes everyone better but to me I don't really see it when it comes to playing with other star players. If we're all honest, when he went to Miami they should have won more. Bosh played worse with him and wade played worse with him. Lebron needs the ball an awful lot and that takes away from those players.
Love was not utilized like he should be this year as well, etc. Lebron elevates the solid/bad player due to open shots, etc. but not other star players. They generally aren't as effective with him. Hard to explain a bit but hopefully get what I am saying.
It's almost like the cavs/heat didn't/wouldn't have that major increase exponentially that you'd expect. Lebron wouldn't be as "good" and the other star players wouldn't be either. They might win but not as dominant as you would expect them to (just like the heat).

I don't know how that team (Miami with LeBron) only averaged 59 wins in the Eastern Conference.  They only really had one "elite" year (66 wins in 2012).

mazrim

• Getbig V
« Reply #794 on: June 17, 2015, 08:25:54 AM »
The way he phrased it was weird (around 4:45 here):

I think what he meant was there haven't been any other teams that reached the Finals after losing two All-Stars.  His team didn't do this either (Irving missed the middle two games against Atlanta but otherwise played in every Eastern playoffs game and the first Finals game).  
Yeah, hard to say with lebron. He continually says the odd thing a lot at the wrong times. I guess I was taking it as "all-star"=great player so in Orlando's case I wouldn't look at either of those guys as that.

What I do know it was just more excuses/look at me approach which is pretty normal for him. I just don't get why say it when everybody knows it/already made that excuse for you? Sounds very childish in that circumstance.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #795 on: June 17, 2015, 08:47:37 AM »
love is useless for the cavs. He s an empty statpadder who cant win a game for his team and is useless on defense, even when scoring he brings nothing to the team, he s just a miscast.  

A healthy alternance of irving and lebron with sparks from mozgov, smith, delly and thompson is all that is needed. It s the best recipe for the cavs, that s what got them in the p/o in the first place. Let s not forget how well they did before being shot down in flight by the injuries.

Again had irving been playing we would have had REAL finals.

Lebron was just unlucky irving got hurt just when it truly mattered. That is all. What he did without irving and love is just impressive, he gave it all, people were all saying we got a series when they won their two games against GSW.

LEt s be honnest, he s an uterly dominant, complete, great player, he just needed more help just like in the past when he lost in finals, and that's about it.  Most people are hating on him just for the sake of hating.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #796 on: June 17, 2015, 08:56:23 AM »
Yeah, hard to say with lebron. He continually says the odd thing a lot at the wrong times. I guess I was taking it as "all-star"=great player so in Orlando's case I wouldn't look at either of those guys as that.

What I do know it was just more excuses/look at me approach which is pretty normal for him. I just don't get why say it when everybody knows it/already made that excuse for you? Sounds very childish in that circumstance.

He's been seeing some sports shrink making him think he's great.  Lebron had issues early on not believing how good he was so the shrink made him convince himself of it.  Lebron was getting run through the mud as a loser who can't finish.

I agree with how does he make everyone better when his team sucked.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #797 on: June 17, 2015, 09:07:51 AM »
draft lebron in the west in 1988....  amd jordan doesn't have six titles.

El Diablo Blanco

• Getbig V
  • Nom Nom Nom Nom
« Reply #798 on: June 17, 2015, 09:11:00 AM »
draft lebron in the west in 1988....  amd jordan doesn't have six titles.

Depends if HGH was heavily used in 88.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #799 on: June 17, 2015, 09:22:40 AM »
Depends if HGH was heavily used in 88.

drobinson, malone, jordan, pippen, barkley... they were all using the gear of the day, no doubt about that.  playing a game, up all night gambling, lifting weights in the AM and another game...back when the game was more physcal.