Author Topic: President calls for barring immigrants from welfare for five years  (Read 11782 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: President calls for barring immigrants from welfare for five years
« Reply #50 on: June 23, 2017, 01:59:54 PM »
That's the parents' job to provide.  We have a safety net for those who need help.  But I have no problem with restricting benefits provided by that safety net.  

What we have done by providing increased benefits to mothers who have additional kids while already on public assistance is embolden them to abuse the system.  As my man crush (no homo) Lt. Col Allen West said, it should be a safety net, not a hammock.  

You don't want children to go without proper nutrition and other basics, do you?  Just to set the record straight.

James

« Reply #51 on: June 23, 2017, 02:03:04 PM »
When to apply for emergency Medicaid for illegal immigrants

1. If you are a pregnant women who is an undocumented or illegal immigrant. Medicaid will provide you with short-term medical coverage.

2. If you were born in the US and belongs to an undocumented immigrant household.  As long as your family satisfies the income requirements, you can qualify for emergency Medicaid coverage if you are 19 years and younger.

3. If you have to visit the emergency room for urgent medical treatment. Hospitals have social workers who can help you to apply for short term emergency Medicaid coverage.

http://www.emergencymedicaid.net/emergency-medicaid-for-illegal-immigrants

A 2007 medical article in the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that 99 percent of those who used Emergency Medicaid during a four-year period in North Carolina were thought to be illegal immigrants.

But while federal law generally bars illegal immigrants from being covered by Medicaid, a little-known part of the state-federal health insurance program for the poor pays about $2 billion a year for emergency treatment for a group of patients who, according to hospitals, mostly comprise illegal immigrants. Most of it goes to reimburse hospitals for delivering babies for women who show up in their emergency rooms, according to interviews with hospital officials and studies.

California hospitals get about half the $2 billion spent annually on Emergency Medicaid
. The rest is spread mainly among a handful of states.

In 2011, for example:

New York spent $528 million on Emergency Medicaid for nearly 30,000 people.
Texas reported 240,000 claims costing $331 million. (One person could be responsible for multiple claims.)
Florida spent $214 million on 31,000 patients.
North Carolina spent $48 million on about 19,000 people.
Arizona spent $115 million. It couldn’t break out the number of people.
Illinois spent $25 million on the cost of care to nearly 2,000 people.
The federal government doesn’t require states to report how many people receive services through Emergency Medicaid payments to hospitals.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/how-undocumented-immigrants-sometimes-receive-medicaid-treatment/

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2017, 02:03:42 PM »
When to apply for emergency Medicaid for illegal immigrants

1. If you are a pregnant women who is an undocumented or illegal immigrant. Medicaid will provide you with short-term medical coverage.

2. If you were born in the US and belongs to an undocumented immigrant household.  As long as your family satisfies the income requirements, you can qualify for emergency Medicaid coverage if you are 19 years and younger.

3. If you have to visit the emergency room for urgent medical treatment. Hospitals have social workers who can help you to apply for short term emergency Medicaid coverage.

http://www.emergencymedicaid.net/emergency-medicaid-for-illegal-immigrants

A 2007 medical article in the Journal of the American Medical Association reported that 99 percent of those who used Emergency Medicaid during a four-year period in North Carolina were thought to be illegal immigrants.

But while federal law generally bars illegal immigrants from being covered by Medicaid, a little-known part of the state-federal health insurance program for the poor pays about $2 billion a year for emergency treatment for a group of patients who, according to hospitals, mostly comprise illegal immigrants. Most of it goes to reimburse hospitals for delivering babies for women who show up in their emergency rooms, according to interviews with hospital officials and studies.

California hospitals get about half the $2 billion spent annually on Emergency Medicaid
. The rest is spread mainly among a handful of states.

In 2011, for example:

New York spent $528 million on Emergency Medicaid for nearly 30,000 people.
Texas reported 240,000 claims costing $331 million. (One person could be responsible for multiple claims.)
Florida spent $214 million on 31,000 patients.
North Carolina spent $48 million on about 19,000 people.
Arizona spent $115 million. It couldn’t break out the number of people.
Illinois spent $25 million on the cost of care to nearly 2,000 people.
The federal government doesn’t require states to report how many people receive services through Emergency Medicaid payments to hospitals.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/rundown/how-undocumented-immigrants-sometimes-receive-medicaid-treatment/

good find but unfortunately the right wing on this board believes that PBS is Elitist Propaganda so they won't consider this information to be valid

http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=627486.0

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2017, 02:08:17 PM »
PBS has become a terrible joke, though, everyone must admit.  They're a disgrace and a big part of the problem.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2017, 02:08:55 PM »
You don't want children to go without proper nutrition and other basics, do you?  Just to set the record straight.

Of course not.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2017, 02:09:20 PM »
You're  correct that nobody here cares to hear any conflicting views on issues.
This forum is so pro-Trump, if he took a step backwards you guys would be up his a-hole. :D

Of course I'm the rude one here for posting my political view points.
Those who post endless insults and ridicule others are the polite , thoughtful ones, right?

::)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2017, 02:13:33 PM »
Of course not.

I know you don't.  Neither do I.

It's the highest of priorities and no doubt we'd both agree on that.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: June 23, 2017, 02:24:18 PM »
Mandatory birth control is not a good idea.  A better way to accomplish what you want is to simply not expand benefits for someone who has a kid while on public assistance.  But no way your party would ever support anything like that.  

-Just a guess, but I suspect mandatory birth control will not fly with either party at this time. I don't see denying medical care to children will happen either. Everyone is given emergency medical care when needed. It is currently illegal for any hospital to deny emergency care. http://law.freeadvice.com/malpractice_law/hospital_malpractice/hospital-patients.htm

Fuzzy Nuts

« Reply #58 on: June 23, 2017, 02:28:29 PM »
Haha, trump trying to pass a law that President Clinton already put in place. ::)

Doesn't matter though, the blind will still give trump the credit.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #59 on: June 23, 2017, 02:35:39 PM »
-Just a guess, but I suspect mandatory birth control will not fly with either party at this time.

why not mandatory vascetomies or sterilization  ?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: June 23, 2017, 02:52:24 PM »
why not mandatory vascetomies or sterilization  ?

Why not? Compulsory sterilization has been outlawed for some time (1942) in every state. Even so, men and women found guilty of certain crimes were offered sterilization as a condition of parole or a lighter sentence.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: June 23, 2017, 02:59:28 PM »
-Just a guess, but I suspect mandatory birth control will not fly with either party at this time. I don't see denying medical care to children will happen either. Everyone is given emergency medical care when needed. It is currently illegal for any hospital to deny emergency care. http://law.freeadvice.com/malpractice_law/hospital_malpractice/hospital-patients.htm

Lurker is the only one advocating mandatory birth control.  That's never going to happen. 

And I don't think anyone is suggesting we get rid of anti-patient dumping laws that require hospitals to treat anyone who shows up at the ER.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #62 on: June 23, 2017, 03:12:34 PM »
PBS has become a terrible joke, though, everyone must admit.  They're a disgrace and a big part of the problem.

LOL - why must "everyone admit" that bullshit

they consistently rank very high as "most trusted" source of information

how about you share some examples of how they are a disgrace and a joke

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #63 on: June 23, 2017, 03:13:44 PM »
Why not? Compulsory sterilization has been outlawed for some time (1942) in every state. Even so, men and women found guilty of certain crimes were offered sterilization as a condition of parole or a lighter sentence.

I guess you didn't catch my sarcasm (admittedly hard to catch in text)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: June 23, 2017, 03:30:11 PM »
I guess you didn't catch my sarcasm (admittedly hard to catch in text)

Sometimes, I'm just plain dense. Sorry.

Apparently, an upside down smiley conveys sarcasm. That choice is not available here

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #65 on: June 23, 2017, 03:52:37 PM »
LOL - why must "everyone admit" that bullshit

they consistently rank very high as "most trusted" source of information

how about you share some examples of how they are a disgrace and a joke

Compared to what?  ???  I don't know what that's worth, and neither do you.

Fact is that PBS is Corporate Media, Social Engineers who dare to call themselves Public Television.  So it's a disgrace, and hypocritical to the core.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2017, 04:00:51 PM »
Compared to what?  ???  I don't know what that's worth, and neither do you.

Fact is that PBS is Corporate Media, Social Engineers who dare to call themselves Public Television.  So it's a disgrace, and hypocritical to the core.

http://www.pbs.org/about/blogs/news/most-trusted-2016/

http://www.pbs.org/about/blogs/news/pbs-and-member-stations-mark-10-years-as-americas-most-trusted-institution-and-an-excellent-use-of-tax-dollars/

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2014/01/30/pbs-is-americas-most-trusted-tv-news-source-or-maybe-its-fox-news

Now, you believe they are a disgrace and a joke and you believe "we must all admit that"

how about providing something to support your belief

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #67 on: June 23, 2017, 04:15:16 PM »
http://www.pbs.org/about/blogs/news/most-trusted-2016/

http://www.pbs.org/about/blogs/news/pbs-and-member-stations-mark-10-years-as-americas-most-trusted-institution-and-an-excellent-use-of-tax-dollars/

https://www.usnews.com/news/blogs/data-mine/2014/01/30/pbs-is-americas-most-trusted-tv-news-source-or-maybe-its-fox-news

Now, you believe they are a disgrace and a joke and you believe "we must all admit that"

how about providing something to support your belief

Yes, the MSM is all too happy to tell us how great they are.  I know that.

Once again, they are corporate messages using a false banner.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #68 on: June 23, 2017, 04:17:00 PM »
Yes, the MSM is all too happy to tell us how great they are.  I know that.

Once again, they are corporate messages using a false banner.

and you're happy to call them a disgrace and a joke and insist we all agree yet you can't provide any examples of why we should believe it

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #69 on: June 23, 2017, 04:47:52 PM »
Yes.  I'm telling you that they're (yet another) example of corporations imposing their bullshit on society, and doing so while calling themselves "Public TV" and that's why they're disgraceful and a bad joke.

and you're happy to call them a disgrace and a joke and insist we all agree yet you can't provide any examples of why we should believe it

Let's see.  Have you ever wondered why so many PBS shows narrate and make stories for the parasitical super-wealthy, past AND present?  Royal Families, Industrial Barons, Political Dynasties -- Aristocrats of all sorts?

Why do you suppose that is, when our society has tried so hard to right itself from that influence?  What could it be, to cause them to so desperately want to "humanize" these individuals and make them palatable, often so falsely?

Why would "Public Television" have an interest in doing that, I ask you.  Do you believe they're "giving us what we want", as claimed by all of MSM?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #70 on: June 23, 2017, 04:55:01 PM »
Yes.  I'm telling you that they're (yet another) example of corporations imposing their bullshit on society, and doing so while calling themselves "Public TV" and that's why they're disgraceful and a bad joke.

Let's see.  Have you ever wondered why so many PBS shows narrate and make stories for the parasitical super-wealthy, past AND present?  Royal Families, Industrial Barons, Political Dynasties -- Aristocrats of all sorts?

Why do you suppose that is, when our society has tried so hard to right itself from that influence?  What could it be, to cause them to so desperately want to "humanize" these individuals and make them palatable, often so falsely?

Why would "Public Television" have an interest in doing that, I ask you.  Do you believe they're "giving us what we want", as claimed by all of MSM?

are you referring to drama's that that have huge ratings

please tell me you're joking for fucks sake

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #71 on: June 23, 2017, 05:07:22 PM »
are you referring to drama's that that have huge ratings

please tell me you're joking for fucks sake

Meaning that people will watch it rather than twiddle their thumbs?

Once again: Compared to WHAT?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #72 on: June 23, 2017, 05:12:12 PM »
Closest PBS has come to getting real, may have been Bill Moyers.  But a pretty weak shot it was.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #73 on: June 23, 2017, 05:38:23 PM »

It appears this might not be exactly the case. Per wikipedia:

The Oregon Board of Eugenics, later renamed the Board of Social Protection, existed until 1983 with the last forcible sterilization occurring in 1981.

148 female prisoners in two California institutions were sterilized between 2006 and 2010 in a supposedly voluntary program, but it was determined that the prisoners did not give consent to the procedures. In September 2014, California enacted Bill SB 1135 that bans sterilization in correctional facilities, unless the procedure shall be required in a medical emergency to preserve inmate's life.

The 27 states where sterilization laws remained on the books (though not all were still in use) in 1956 were: Arizona, California, Connecticut, Delaware, Georgia, Idaho, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Maine, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, Montana, Nebraska, New Hampshire, North Carolina, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Carolina, South Dakota, Utah, Vermont, Virginia, West Virginia and Wisconsin.

"In 2003, the N.C. General Assembly formally repealed the last involuntary sterilization law, replacing it with one that authorizes sterilization of individuals unable to give informed consent only in the case of medical necessity."

Also from July 1940 until December 1974, an estimated 6596 sterilization operations were performed in North Carolina.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #74 on: June 23, 2017, 06:25:14 PM »
Meaning that people will watch it rather than twiddle their thumbs?

Once again: Compared to WHAT?

I actually stunned as I read your response

It seems you've not only decided that PBS is a joke because they air extremely popular dramas about subject that you don't like but that you're also utterly clueless about their other programming.

Here is a short list of shows that have no parallel on commercial television

Frontline
NOVA
The News Hour
Nightly Business Report
BBC World News

Many other documentaries and shows done by local public television.