Author Topic: best front lat spread of all time  (Read 140219 times)

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
Re: best front lat spread of all time
« Reply #225 on: August 17, 2009, 02:41:22 PM »
Still ruling everyone!

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #226 on: August 17, 2009, 02:48:29 PM »
Still ruling everyone!

To this day Dorian precontest could beat ANY Mr Olympia after him , they now it hence why they try so hard to deny it

Immortal_Technique

• Getbig IV
  • "It's all a bunch of shit, I say fuck it" - DF
« Reply #227 on: August 17, 2009, 03:19:07 PM »
actual abs? his abdominals were never great you're reaching at straws mentioning them , smaller waist sure , perfect arm/delt balance? are we looking at the same pic?  ??? most of the arm is biceps , better quads that serve to highlight his pathetic calves? no advantage in that case , this is where you're just flat out wrong his calves while being pathetic are most certainly NOT proportionate to his voluminous quads that's just not open for discussion and his lats look good overall this is one of his better front latspreads but not in Dorian's league

it doesn't depend on what ' you're ' looking for it depends on what the judges are looking for !

Muscular Bulk now dependent on what year pic you want to use Dorian carries more muscular bulk than Ronnie 99 even at the same weight it doesn't matter because there is a difference between 257 pounds and 257 dense hard as nails pounds , so that's working with you . Dorian at 269 pounds has a clear advantage in muscular bulk compared to Ronnie , and forget about him at 282 pounds

Muscular Bulk - advantage Dorian

Density & Dryness clear cut advantage for Dorian any year almost any weight , this isn't open for discussion Dorian's conditioning is legendary , the only place I'm willing to concede Ronnie was equal in this aspect as 2001 ASC and maybe 1998 but at lower weights , 1999 SORRY ain't happening

Density & Dryness - advantage Dorian

Balance & proportion 1999 may be a pretty good year for Ronnie's balance however that has nothing to do with Dorian his is better , there are many aspects to balance & proportion which Dorian has a clear advantage , arm length in relation to torso , Ronnie has long arms in relation to his short torso , you don't find this with Yates , Ronnie's forearms aren't in proportion with his oversized biceps/triceps . Ronnie also has long legs and a short torso not great upper & lower body balance , way oversized quads for his unproportionate calves , you don't find this problems with Dorian AT HIS BEST ( keyword )

Balance & proportion - advantage Dorian

Posing & Presentation most of the time Ronnie can't effectively hit most of his mandatories but this particular pose is good that's why I say it's one of the much better ones he's done , we can push this

Now here is what wins a pose ALL ROUNDS ARE PHYSIQUE ROUNDS this means the judges access ALL of the criteria I just listed AT ONCE so while Ronnie may have advantage(s) in part(s) of the criteria as a whole he does NOT meet them all better than Dorian this is why Dorian beats him in this and any other pose , you can't cherry pick what you like an ignore the rest

the front latspread belongs to Yates even to this day I have not seen a better one , the only one I can think of that same close was Rhul at the NOC and even he says Dorian's is the best of all-time

I was referring to the particular shot I posted, in which Ronnie visibly has good abs, not something he's known for, which is why I made a point of saying 'actual abs', because it's a good shot of him. If we are talking this one pose at their respective bests, then you have to look at this pic, and see that his midsection looks good.

I know it's all about what the judges are looking for, that is why I immediately mentioned the whole physique being important in every shot. The shot in question, the front lat spread, Ronnie has Dorian beat on chest size/detail, arm size/detail, delt detail, quad size/detail, and calves obviously not, but you are flat out not being truthful if you think they look "pathetic".

To be honest I'm not sure what weight has to do with this argument at all. So why you throw numbers at me is quite baffling, especially when Dorian never competed at 282 lb. If you are prepared to be awed by off-season size and totally overlook competition dryness and BF levels then I'm not sure what kind of discussion this is. Where do you think a 282lb Dorian would place in the judges eyes at any Mr Olympia with the 15lb or so of excess fat and water? 257lb Ronnie vs 257lb Dorian is interesting, but debating poundage is very intricate and hard to quantify. e.g. If Ronnie's waist is smaller doesn't that mean more of his weight is in the desired places like upper and lower body? etc etc

So muscular bulk seems pretty damn close to me.

Dryness goes to Dorian.

Symmetry, I think most people, including judges, would say Ronnie's symmetry is pretty damn spot on in this pic. If you pick fault in his arm proportions then you play with fire given your man's arms. If you think Dorian's quads aren't made to look average by their actual size and by his massive calves, then I suggest looking at him with fresh eyes. 10 years have passed and quad standards have gone up a notch also.

I'm surprised you say Ruhl's latspread is the next best after Dorian, as in the famous freaky NOC 2002 pics you can't even see his lats because his delts and bicep-heavy arms are so big. Symmetry indeed. Talk about cherry picking. Dorian's waist, while not massive at his best is still blocky enough to relegate him below Haney's alien latspread. His lack of quad sweep is highlighted by the wide waist also, they don't flare out like Ronnie's, giving him an inferior X frame appearance. Although powerful looking, he is less aesthetic in this example. You know it to be true.

Finally, of the retaliation pics you posted, only 1 was from a contest. Judges cannot mark physiques 3 weeks out in black and white. Please stop posting pics from studios and ones which are not in colour. You degrade only yourself, and I would prefer to debate with a fair and worthy opponent.

Regards,

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #228 on: August 17, 2009, 04:08:40 PM »

I was referring to the particular shot I posted, in which Ronnie visibly has good abs, not something he's known for, which is why I made a point of saying 'actual abs', because it's a good shot of him. If we are talking this one pose at their respective bests, then you have to look at this pic, and see that his midsection looks good.

I know it's all about what the judges are looking for, that is why I immediately mentioned the whole physique being important in every shot. The shot in question, the front lat spread, Ronnie has Dorian beat on chest size/detail, arm size/detail, delt detail, quad size/detail, and calves obviously not, but you are flat out not being truthful if you think they look "pathetic".

To be honest I'm not sure what weight has to do with this argument at all. So why you throw numbers at me is quite baffling, especially when Dorian never competed at 282 lb. If you are prepared to be awed by off-season size and totally overlook competition dryness and BF levels then I'm not sure what kind of discussion this is. Where do you think a 282lb Dorian would place in the judges eyes at any Mr Olympia with the 15lb or so of excess fat and water? 257lb Ronnie vs 257lb Dorian is interesting, but debating poundage is very intricate and hard to quantify. If Ronnie's waist is smaller doesn't that mean more of his weight is in the desired places like upper and lower body? etc etc

So muscular bulk seems pretty damn close to me.

Dryness goes to Dorian.

Symmetry, I think most people, including judges, would say Ronnie's symmetry is pretty damn spot on in this pic. If you pick fault in his arm proportions then you play with fire given your man's arms. If you think Dorian's quads aren't made to look average by their actual size and by his massive calves, then I suggest looking at him with fresh eyes. 10 years have passed and quad standards have gone up a notch also.

I'm surprised you say Ruhl's latspread is the next best after Dorian, as in the famous freaky NOC 2002 pics you can't even see his lats because his delts and bicep-heavy arms are so big. Symmetry indeed. Talk about cherry picking. Dorian's waist, while not massive at his best is still blocky enough to relegate him below Haney's alien latspread. His lack of quad sweep is highlighted by the wide waist also, they don't flare out like Ronnie's, giving him an inferior X frame appearance. Although powerful looking, he is less aesthetic in this example. You know it to be true.

Finally, of the retaliation pics you posted, only 1 was from a contest. Judges cannot mark physiques 3 weeks out in black and white. Please stop posting pics from studios and ones which are not in colour. You degrade only yourself, and I would prefer to debate with a fair and worthy opponent.

Regards,

you're just repeating what you said before

he beats Dorian in chest size and detail? how do you know? you're solely basing this on pics alone in which a slew of people already explained pictures don't do him justice and he looks 20 times better in person so unless you seen them both live and in person well dismiss as ignorant , Arm size? you mean biceps size? and you can't tell the size of each compared to the other based on two separate pics especially if Dorian's much heavier , same with quad size and detail and calves ? give me a break they're pathetic ONLY Coleman fans will try and minimize how bad they are because of their agenda , they lack shape the classic diamond shape , they're high to boot , they lack any separation of the gastrocnemious inner & outer heads ontop of being asymmetrical now normally I wouldn't bring this up because nothing in nature if truly symmetrical but Coleman fans like to harp on Dorian's ' asymmetries '

and what you just did is cherry-picked ALL the things you think he wins in this pose it doesn't work that way 

To be honest I'm not sure what weight has to do with this argument at all. So why you throw numbers at me is quite baffling, especially when Dorian never competed at 282 lb. If you are prepared to be awed by off-season size and totally overlook competition dryness and BF levels then I'm not sure what kind of discussion this is. Where do you think a 282lb Dorian would place in the judges eyes at any Mr Olympia with the 15lb or so of excess fat and water? 257lb Ronnie vs 257lb Dorian is interesting, but debating poundage is very intricate and hard to quantify. If Ronnie's waist is smaller doesn't that mean more of his weight is in the desired places like upper and lower body? etc etc

What does weight have to do with the bodybuilding criteria?  ::) it doesn't matter if he competed at 282 pounds there is an outstanding shot of him at that weight and I can use it to prove my point , the argument was at their best NOT at their best contest showing which I already gave examples of how 1993/1995 Olympia would still beat him.

A 282 pound Dorian would absolutely blow away everyone at the Olympia and you're assuming he's carrying 15 pounds of fat & water and you know what they say about that ! is he as hard and as dry as he was at the 1995 Mr Olympia? NO but it's still unmatched at that weight Kevin Horton said already his conditioning at that weight would have him top 3 in terms of conditioning and unmatched in size and thickness this speaks volumes

And again a 257 pound Dorian isn't the same as a 257 pound Ronnie , there is a big difference between being 257 pounds and hard as nails ( density ) and dry as a dessert , Ronnie perhaps matched Yates for this conditioning in 2001 & 1998 but NOT 1999 it's a FACT , so already down on density & drynes and balance & proportion , factor in posing & presentation and you have another Yates victory

Dorian a JUDGE FYI has already said he has better balance & proportion compared to Ronnie , so I beg to differ and keep cherry picking while ignoring ALL the aspects of the criteria , torso length , arm length leg length , upper/lower balance , proportion etc

10 years has passed and to this day NO ONE matched Dorian's combo for density , dryness and size some things change this hasn't and ironically you're posting a pic from you guessed it , 10 years ago  ;) the sport has progressed from Dorian but not Ronnie , see hypocrite

You're still cherry picking even compared to Haney Dorian has clear advantages , you think Haney's flaws are relegated moot by a small waist and hips?  ::) I could tear his apart but his works for reasons I could explain but wont . ANd I said Rhul's came close NOT surpasses for matches and I always laugh when people type Aesthetic and Ronnie it validates my point on how ignorant you people are , more ' aesthetic ' than Yates but please , stop acting like Ronnie was truly aesthetic in insults Labrada , Paris and Reeves . you need more than a small waist & hips to be aesthetic , the hallmark muscles of an aesthetic physique are calves , abs and delts how the fuck can you be aesthetic when you're missing TWO out of three?

Again the debate was AT THEIR BEST I'll post ANY picture of Dorian at his best showings contests or not . and those black & white shots were impromptu for Dorian's personal use ONLY these aren't professional studio shots , in fact the photographer said the photo was technically ' terrible ' and the fact that you hate them speaks volumes on how much of an impact they still have 10 years later  ;)

I'll post any picture I want that shows how impressive he is if you don't like it I don't care if you approve or think it ' degrades ' me LMAO this isn't a debate , this is me correcting you on how contests are judged , the debate can never be ' fair ' because there are to many intangibles etc

I will give you respect for at least trying to defend your position intelligently without resorting to baseless attacks and diversionary tactics for that you get kudos   

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #229 on: August 17, 2009, 04:26:19 PM »
His lack of quad sweep is highlighted by the wide waist also, they don't flare out like Ronnie's, giving him an inferior X frame appearance

wait wait!!

"modern technology" has given him one of the best quad sweeps ever! in fact, they flare out to level of Ronnie 2004! :-X

LOL

and ND can't see a problem LOL

::)

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #230 on: August 17, 2009, 04:31:27 PM »

wait wait!!

"modern technology" has given him one of the best quad sweeps ever! in fact, they flare out to level of Ronnie 2004! :-X

LOL

and ND can't see a problem LOL

Hulkster still calling the experts LIARS  ;)

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #231 on: August 17, 2009, 06:25:24 PM »
not open for discussion?

quick someone let reality know!:

Huckster, you dumb shit, you just owned yourself with this pic.  Yates' superior mass and density is obvious.  That's reality.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #232 on: August 17, 2009, 06:37:53 PM »
Huckster, you dumb shit, you just owned yourself with this pic.  Yates' superior mass and density is obvious.  That's reality.

hehehehehehe he constantly does that  ;D look how Ronnie's pec's are sunken in and Dorians are way out and the difference in midsections is staggering as well as lats

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #233 on: August 17, 2009, 06:43:57 PM »
LOL dorian's arms and delts are so smooth and detail-less he doesn't even look like he trains them compared to ronnie in that shot..

but then again, I am talking to people who think dorian had ronnie 2004's quads with shawn ray's waistline for one day only in 1995..LOL

Flower Boy Ran Away

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #234 on: August 17, 2009, 06:46:13 PM »
hehehehehehe he constantly does that  ;D look how Ronnie's pec's are sunken in and Dorians are way out and the difference in midsections is staggering as well as lats

Ya it's reaaaaaaaaaaaaal close lol Yates dominates when it comes to tiny smooth arms. :o

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #235 on: August 17, 2009, 07:04:59 PM »
^
its downright funny how bad dorian compares to a 1999 ronnie, even in his 'best pose' the front lat shot, nevermind everything else lol
Flower Boy Ran Away

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
« Reply #236 on: August 17, 2009, 07:34:37 PM »
An uninjured Dorian with a smaller waist, and I might place him ahead of Ronnie.

But as it is, I would have to give it to Ronnie.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Mr.1derful

• Getbig V
« Reply #237 on: August 17, 2009, 07:40:17 PM »
Ya it's reaaaaaaaaaaaaal close lol Yates dominates when it comes to tiny smooth arms. :o

Big Ron's looking a little over sharpened there. lol

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #238 on: August 18, 2009, 01:30:58 AM »
LOL dorian's arms and delts are so smooth and detail-less he doesn't even look like he trains them compared to ronnie in that shot..

but then again, I am talking to people who think dorian had ronnie 2004's quads with shawn ray's waistline for one day only in 1995..LOL

meltdown  ;)

grab an umbrella

• Getbig IV
« Reply #239 on: August 18, 2009, 03:19:34 AM »
meltdown  ;)

I don't care which oiled up thong man is better, but you certainly articulate your points a lot better than hulkster.

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #240 on: August 18, 2009, 04:54:50 AM »
babbling on about 'muscular bulk, dryness, density etc' is not articulating your points better when pics and videos show your 'points' to be bullshit in the first place.

on the contrary, it shows how poorly he articulates his points given that his posts are so long.

in the world of higher education, you learn to be succinct, and to the point about what you say. proving your point in few words is much more difficult than long winded rants. and much more effective.

babbling on for pages is a smokescreen. if you can't properly support something, baffle them with long winded bullshit and see if you can convince people you might know what you are talking about.

sadly, it never works.

besides, this is ronnie 99 we are comparing dorian to. not ronnie 1994 8)

Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #241 on: August 18, 2009, 01:30:49 PM »
babbling on about 'muscular bulk, dryness, density etc' is not articulating your points better when pics and videos show your 'points' to be bullshit in the first place.

on the contrary, it shows how poorly he articulates his points given that his posts are so long.

in the world of higher education, you learn to be succinct, and to the point about what you say. proving your point in few words is much more difficult than long winded rants. and much more effective.

babbling on for pages is a smokescreen. if you can't properly support something, baffle them with long winded bullshit and see if you can convince people you might know what you are talking about.

sadly, it never works.

besides, this is ronnie 99 we are comparing dorian to. not ronnie 1994 8)

Wow more retarded logic right up your ally , you never cease to disappoint. I methodically addressed every single point of the Official IFBB judging criteria ( a criteria in which you are totally ignorant of ) explaining what the judges look for in each pose and how each have advantages & disadvantages but it's the bodybuilder who satisfies the criteria in it's entirety is deemed to have the superior physique and your retort is I'm ' babbling ' lol

What you're really saying is you can't counter my argument using logic , reasoning and intelligence that you're soundly defeated and it's just simpler to post pics and declare the hollowest of victories by saying I'm wrong instead of proving I'm wrong . There never was a ' debate ' between you and I , there was ONLY me correcting your ignorance , backing up my claims with experts after the fact and just flat out embarrassing you and finally putting the nail in your coffin using your own hero !

You still haven't recovered and now reduced to chasing me around in every thread using ad hominem attacks and being exposed as the biggest troll on this site , all you know is Dorian Yates and me , the more to follow me around the more you prove me right  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #242 on: August 18, 2009, 02:07:14 PM »
what ND fails to get (and everyone else seems to understand) is that ND's 'logic, reasoning and intelligence" is proven to be illogical, unreasonable and unintelligent when you look at the pics and videos.

thats the point.

your points on the page do not match up to what real life shows us when we compare ronnie and dorian.

eg. you claim ronnie is not as dense or dry, yet shot after shot shows him to be just as dry, just as dense - if not moreso.

you claim dorian has an advantage in muscular bulk, yet dorian is the same height, same weight, but with noticably smaller arms, chest etc. the 'muscular bulk' you speak of is, well, the pics at the bottom show right where it is.. ::) if dorian had a trim waist like ronnie 99, he wouldnt weigh 257 in 93, thats for damn sure

no one argues with you point for point beause your points are proven wrong to begin with when you look at the pics and videos.

your saying the sky is purple when reality shows its blue. and you wonder why no one wastes time trying to explain it to you.. ::)

get it?

Flower Boy Ran Away

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #243 on: August 18, 2009, 02:09:18 PM »
^

in case you didn't notice, ronnie has the edge in muscular bulk. his muscles are larger, weighing 257 pounds.

dorian muscles (many of them - eg quads, arms, chest etc) are smaller (except for the calves) but he more than makes up for this with his horrendous midsection. and heavier bone structure...thus he ends up weighing the same..

ND on suicide watch now..
Flower Boy Ran Away

Mr Nobody

• Getbig V
  • Falcon gives us new knowledge every single day.
« Reply #244 on: August 18, 2009, 02:13:57 PM »
Bottom Line Ronnie has never beat DORIAN = proof enough

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #245 on: August 18, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »
what ND fails to get (and everyone else seems to understand) is that ND's 'logic, reasoning and intelligence" is proven to be illogical, unreasonable and unintelligent when you look at the pics and videos.

thats the point.

your points on the page do not match up to what real life shows us when we compare ronnie and dorian.

eg. you claim ronnie is not as dense or dry, yet shot after shot shows him to be just as dry, just as dense - if not moreso.

you claim dorian has an advantage in muscular bulk, yet dorian is the same height, same weight, but with noticably smaller arms, chest etc. the 'muscular bulk' you speak of is, well, the pics at the bottom show right where it is.. ::) if dorian had a trim waist like ronnie 99, he wouldnt weigh 257 in 93, thats for damn sure

no one argues with you point for point beause your points are proven wrong to begin with when you look at the pics and videos.

your saying the sky is purple when reality shows its blue. and you wonder why no one wastes time trying to explain it to you.. ::)

get it?

Right back to denying the experts and posting pics and crying ' see '

the best part if you're telling people who were actually there they are wrong and you are right , it's great  ;D  I love how stupid you are

pics and videos SHOWED YOU Dorian lost in 93 and Ronnie has more detailed calves these moronic statements alone PROVE how ignorant you are and how little you know

keep denying it's all you have left  ;)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #246 on: August 18, 2009, 02:22:49 PM »
^

in case you didn't notice, ronnie has the edge in muscular bulk. his muscles are larger, weighing 257 pounds.

dorian muscles (many of them - eg quads, arms, chest etc) are smaller (except for the calves) but he more than makes up for this with his horrendous midsection. and heavier bone structure...thus he ends up weighing the same..

ND on suicide watch now..

How do you know his muscles are larger? YOU can't tell especially when they were never side-by-side at those particular weights more of your ignorance at play , his arms sure but unless they were together your statement is more nonsense just like those ridiculous comparisons where Ronnie's calves are the same size as Dorians  ::)

there is a big difference ( no pun ) between being 257 pounds hard as nails and dry than 257 pounds not so and unless they were side-by-side you have absolutely NO way of telling who has bigger parts which doesn't matter anyway because once again you're cherry picking again NOT how it works kid  ;)

Dorian KILLS Ronnie in conditioning that's a FACT especially 1999 , Ronnie couldn't even replicate his conditioning 8 pounds lighter from the previous year never mind touch Yates

Ronnie could still be bigger and a lighter Dorian would still beat him , it's about ALL the criteria NOT just part of it kid , how many times must I explain this to you?  ;)

While I’m on record as saying that the best physique I ever saw was Ronnie’s at the 2001 Arnold, he was never drier or harder than Dorian. In fact now that – 14 years after it happened – I recently for the first time saw the video of Dorian posing before the 1993 Olympia I have cause to rethink. I’m now not sure that Ronnie at 245 pounds would beat Dorian at 269 pounds. At a bigger bodyweight I think Ronnie would look soft next to an in-shape rock-hard Dorian.

On the subject of conditioning, no-one did it better than Dorian. He achieved a hardness and dryness (without losing fullness) that nobody has ever matched. In the flesh he looked even harder than he did in photos. It was like a statue made of granite was standing in front of you.

You still can't counter this and never will ! this man seen Ronnie & Dorian at their best from feet away live and in person ANYTHING you have to say to the contrary is render moot and retarded this guy has more experience than you do years alive couple this with the FACT Dorian said he's better conditioned than Ronnie and you have a little cry baby bitching & moaning about how the experts are all wrong

I own you kid which is exactly why you try so hard 

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #247 on: August 18, 2009, 02:35:14 PM »
Bottom Line Ronnie has never beat DORIAN = proof enough

Mr. O ronnie never competed against dorian.

only the ronnie that lost to everyone all the time did.

NEXT :P
Flower Boy Ran Away

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #248 on: August 18, 2009, 02:36:29 PM »

Mr. O ronnie never competed against dorian.

only the ronnie that lost to everyone all the time did.

NEXT :P

And when Ronnie became Mr O he said THREE occasions he could NEVER beat Dorian

next  ;)

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #249 on: August 18, 2009, 02:37:32 PM »
Dorian KILLS Ronnie in conditioning that's a FACT especially 1999

thanks for illustrating my point exactly:

your words on the screen never match up to real life: in fact, they are disproven soundly.

maybe you are finally getting it? nah, doubt it..
Flower Boy Ran Away