Author Topic: Strength Challenge to B. Hank.  (Read 190491 times)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
Strength Challenge to B. Hank.
« on: September 30, 2023, 10:06:52 PM »
Here's my call-out:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/Cx1621dNMTh/

Also, I did that after leg pressing 1,010-lb, so I was pretty spent:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CxzxmaiuEvf/

I also haven't squatted since before the fake pandemic. So I'll get that up to 405-lb fast.

I see that some of you are in disputes with B. Hank, but as bodybuilders. The thing about physique comparisons is that they can never be objectively settled.

Luckily for me, any dispute with B. Hank on strength can be settled, simply by lifting more than he does.

And for reasons, I want to settle this. Remember how Squadfather/sarcasm would trash everyone on here, only to later be outed as a 5'11" / 325-lb overweight guy living in a trailer? That's why I find online comments so annoying at times - you could be making fantastic progress, but second guess yourself because some out-of-shape fat-ass comments like he is way beyond your level, and that your level of performance is basically a joke.

To be fair, I appreciate that B. Hank at least does post his videos and pictures.

But it's so annoying when he compares alleged lifetime max bench press of 350x2 to the 295 I did just a few weeks ago, when I only *just* started training for strength on September 1st. So OF COURSE it stands to reason I wouldn't be at peak strength.

Furthermore, if B. Hank can take his *lifetime best* 350x2 bench press, then I can compare it to my lifetime best of 345. Furthermore, I weighed 182-183 when I pressed that, likely giving up 40-lb to B. Hank.

But what I found to be the most annoying is when he trashed my 100-lb dumbbells for reps overhead press:

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CdzEcekASYH/

Who the fuck talks about maxing out machines and record leg presses and half rep shoulder presses?

You are a foot too high

::)

My form there is perfectly fine, and absolutely NOTHING needs to be changed. We can all make endless minor adjustments to ANYTHING we do. It ultimately produces diminishing returns, and causes us to get bogged down in minutiae, when we should just be training on focusing or other goals.

Again, absolutely nothing needs to be changed there. "Half reps" - "could go a foot lower"...LMAO!!!

I'm *absolutely certain* I can get my squat to 405-lb+, and completely bury it.

I'd actually be happy to go on a squat program devised by Getbig great Fortress, to accomplish.

I get that we can never settle whose physique is better, since that is ultimately subjective.

But strength is OBJECTIVE, and I want to settle this.

I'm open to challenging B. Hank on ANY lift - or even EVERY lift. I could give him a 30-50 pound weight advantage, and do this at 190, to his 220-240.

Either way, I want to settle this so that any time in the future that B. Hank is trashing a GOOD lift of mine, I can just remind him that I'm stronger.

I'd like to go through with this, or even do a Getbig strength contest that is open to everyone here.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
Re: Strength Challenge to B. Hank.
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2023, 10:15:11 PM »
Here's my call-out:

I also haven't squatted since before the fake pandemic. So I'll get that up to 405-lb fast.

I see that some of you are in disputes with B. Hank, but as bodybuilders. The thing about physique comparisons is that they can never be objectively settled.

Luckily for me, any dispute with B. Hank on strength can be settled, simply by lifting more than he does.

And for reasons, I want to settle this. Remember how Squadfather/sarcasm would trash everyone on here, only to later be outed as a 5'11" / 325-lb overweight guy living in a trailer? That's why I find online comments so annoying at times - you could be making fantastic progress, but second guess yourself because some out-of-shape fat-ass comments like he is way beyond your level, and that your level of performance is basically a joke.

To be fair, I appreciate that B. Hank at least does post his videos and pictures.

But it's so annoying when he compares alleged lifetime max bench press of 350x2 to the 295 I did just a few weeks ago, when I only *just* started training for strength on September 1st. So OF COURSE it stands to reason I wouldn't be at peak strength.

Furthermore, if B. Hank can take his *lifetime best* 350x2 bench press, then I can compare it to my lifetime best of 345. Furthermore, I weighed 182-183 when I pressed that, likely giving up 40-lb to B. Hank.

But what I found to be the most annoying is when he trashed my 100-lb dumbbells for reps overhead press:

My form there is perfectly fine, and absolutely NOTHING needs to be changed. We can all make endless minor adjustments to ANYTHING we do. It ultimately produces diminishing returns, and causes us to get bogged down in minutiae, when we should just be training or focusing on other goals.

Again, absolutely nothing needs to be changed there. "Half reps" - "could go a foot lower"...LMAO!!!

I'd actually be happy to go on a squat program devised by Getbig great Fortress, to accomplish.

I get that we can never settle whose physique is better, since that is ultimately subjective.

I'm open to challenging B. Hank on ANY lift - or even EVERY lift. I could give him a 30-50 pound weight advantage, and do this at 190, to his 220-240.

Either way, I want to settle this so that any time in the future that B. Hank is trashing a GOOD lift of mine, I can just remind him that I'm stronger.

I'd like to go through with this, or even do a Getbig strength contest.

These statements will terrify Bhank

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2023, 10:23:18 PM »
Get him Matt.....he needs to be humbled in a HUGE fucking way !!

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2023, 10:28:10 PM »

These statements will terrify Bhank

I'm not in a rush to drop body weight, and I wanted to do things in steps - first get my bench/squat/deadlift to as close to 350/450/550 as possible, then drop to ~185.

However, I'd be willing to drop to 190, and give B. Hank a 30-lb weight advantage.

Even better [for me] would be 195 vs. 225.

Just about all my best lifts ever were under 195.
Heck, most were at 170.

Do I'd be extremely confident doing this while weighing 195.

He's probably used to being the most in-shape person among friends and are his hometown gym, etc. But when you're on a message board full of such people, it's inevitable that someone is bigger or stronger than you. But I don't think B. Hank handles that fact of life well.

But for him to trash some of my best lifts - it just made me want to settle this once and for all.

You are a foot too high

Oh, fuck off.  ::)

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2023, 10:33:54 PM »
Get him Matt.....he needs to be humbled in a HUGE fucking way !!

See wes - that's the thing with his beef with you:
Even if you competed in a bodybuilding contest with him and beat him, he could still claim to be better, since bodybuilding is subjective.

I'm actually situated in a good position here to settle this with him, since it ultimately comes down to who can lift more.

Even if he got back to his lifetime best bench press of 350x2, I'm confident that I can get there.

I just want to settle it because he's so negative and critical. Even if my reps could be marginally improved, it's utterly insane to suggest I can go a foot lower. It's both an a**hole thing to say - and it's preposterous! It would literally be physically impossible to me to go a foot lower, without surgically removing my arms and having them connected to my torso lower!

That comment really annoyed me - so: damn right I want to settle this!

And, heck - we haven't had any contests on here in years. I think it would be a good idea.  :) 8)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2023, 10:43:40 PM »
See wes - that's the thing with his beef with you:
Even if you competed in a bodybuilding contest with him and beat him, he could still claim to be better, since bodybuilding is subjective.

I'm actually situated in a good position here to settle this with him, since it ultimately comes down to who can lift more.

Even if he got back to his lifetime best bench press of 350x2, I'm confident that I can get there.

I just want to settle it because he's so negative and critical. Even if my reps could be marginally improved, it's utterly insane to suggest I can go a foot lower. It's both an a**hole thing to say - and it's preposterous! It would literally be physically impossible to me to go a foot lower, without surgically removing my arms and having them connected to my torso lower!

That comment really annoyed me - so: damn right I want to settle this!

And, heck - we haven't had any contests on here in years. I think it would be a good idea.  :) 8)
Trust me on this Matt.......once you trounce him on every lift contested, he will invent reasons as to why your lifts were not done properly.  :D

He`ll claim your ROM was shallow,too much cheating,his hernia surgery bothered him,his ridiculous wrist "thingy" comment......whatever he decides to whine about, unwarranted as they more than likely will be,he will never admit that you beat him.

He`s a total narcissistic egocentric asshole who thinks he`s all that,but is actually not really too good at much as far as the "Iron Game" is concerned..

Big fish in a small pond syndrome like you mentioned.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2023, 11:39:29 PM »
Here's my call-out:

My form there is perfectly fine, and absolutely NOTHING needs to be changed. We can all make endless minor adjustments to ANYTHING we do. It ultimately produces diminishing returns, and causes us to get bogged down in minutiae, when we should just be training on focusing or other goals.

I'd like to go through with this, or even do a Getbig strength contest that is open to everyone here.

All of bhank's lifts had shit form and he was shaking like a leaf. The flea-brained fool just can't accept that someone is better or stronger than him and as Wes said he will find any BS reason to undermine your lifts. It's no wonder that no one respects him. In the one strength/gimmick lift contest he entered and claimed a "world record" lift, his name was not listed on the record list and that organization wants nothing to do with him. He stinks up the place wherever he goes.

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2023, 11:47:18 PM »
Trust me on this Matt.......once you trounce him on every lift contested, he will invent reasons as to why your lifts were not done properly.  :D

He`ll claim your ROM was shallow,too much cheating,his hernia surgery bothered him,his ridiculous wrist "thingy" comment......whatever he decides to whine about, unwarranted as they more than likely will be,he will never admit that you beat him.

He`s a total narcissistic egocentric asshole who thinks he`s all that,but is actually not really too good at much as far as the "Iron Game" is concerned..

Big fish in a small pond syndrome like you mentioned.

Damn wes...you know when you have that one rational part of you begging to listen to reason?

That's how I feel about your post.

I feel like I've been good at staying in my lane here lately. I know my place, and I feel like saying I had or have had among the better PFP strength on here is accurately.

I don't compare myself to tommywishbone or Fortress for strength, nor do I make physique comparisons with you, because it would just make me look stupid.

Although I would be opened to doing a training or diet program from either of you three, if we do ever have contests here again.

I would say I am eminently realistic.

Also, I simply have to acknowledge this:
I've always been a hypochondriac. It's always limited my progress. And I'm sure I'm not the only person who entered my forties, and thought: damn, I could have been a lot better than I was!

That's why this could be a good opportunity. I could still get to my max strength at my age. I have no injuries, and you and illuminati both said you had some of your best lifts in your forties.  8)

I could really go all out and aim for a 370 bench. Even if I have to weigh 205 to do it.

But then - it's like you said: B. Hank will not accept the results anyway.  :-\

But you know what, wes?:
I'm training for strength now anyway. So I'm going to train for a potential contest anyway. I'm already training for an upcoming Strongman contest...so it would be just as well to put this challenge out there in the meantime.   8)

B. Hank may not acknowledge that I'm stringer, but at least the videos will speak for themselves.  :)

Thanks for the support, wes - I think both you and I want to see B. Hank humbled, lol!!  ;)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2023, 12:04:36 AM »
Damn wes...you know when you have that one rational part of you begging to listen to reason?

That's how I feel about your post.

I feel like I've been good at staying in my lane here lately. I know my place, and I feel like saying I had or have had among the better PFP strength on here is accurately.

Oh for sure......no question in my mind anyway.

I don't compare myself to tommywishbone or Fortress for strength, nor do I make physique comparisons with you, because it would just make me look stupid.

Although I would be opened to doing a training or diet program from either of you three, if we do ever have contests here again.

I would say I am eminently realistic.

Also, I simply have to acknowledge this:
I've always been a hypochondriac. It's always limited my progress. And I'm sure I'm not the only person who entered my forties, and thought: damn, I could have been a lot better than I was!

That's why this could be a good opportunity. I could still get to my max strength at my age. I have no injuries, and you and illuminati both said you had some of your best lifts in your forties.  8)

I could really go all out and aim for a 370 bench. Even if I have to weigh 205 to do it.

But then - it's like you said: B. Hank will not accept the results anyway.  :-\

But you know what, wes?:
I'm training for strength now anyway. So I'm going to train for a potential contest anyway. I'm already training for an upcoming Strongman contest...so it would be just as well to put this challenge out there in the meantime.   8)

B. Hank may not acknowledge that I'm stringer, but at least the videos will speak for themselves.  :)

Thanks for the support, wes - I think both you and I want to see B. Hank
humbled,
lol!!  ;)
No problem bud,and............YES WE DO!!!
8)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: October 01, 2023, 12:06:55 AM »
All of bhank's lifts had shit form and he was shaking like a leaf. The flea-brained fool just can't accept that someone is better or stronger than him and as Wes said he will find any BS reason to undermine your lifts. It's no wonder that no one respects him. In the one strength/gimmick lift contest he entered and claimed a "world record" lift, his name was not listed on the record list and that organization wants nothing to do with him. He stinks up the place wherever he goes.
QFT

Matt

• Getbig V
  • YouTube FitnessByMatt
« Reply #10 on: October 01, 2023, 01:13:51 AM »

What did B. Hank do recently? A 156- or 165-lb strict curl?

?

Something like that?

That's pretty good. I'm sure I could get 115-135. I've never tested that before.

But I am hoping to challenging him on ANY lift. Even if he beats me on one, I can accept that.

Cook

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: October 01, 2023, 02:35:49 AM »
Good luck Matt.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #12 on: October 01, 2023, 02:39:48 AM »
The thing w/ Brian is he thinks he's better than everyone. That beast I posted who easily benches over 500+ for reps, lifts ungodly heavy stones (which is one of the hardest things to do) he says "look at the guys waist", like it fucking matters... The guy has a slimmer waist than Brian when relaxed...

The guy is not a fake/poser, posing in his gal's thong, etc...

I try not to pile on the guy, but he makes it very hard to do...

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 01, 2023, 03:29:27 AM »
Loser has to wear women’s underwear and post it on IG

Oh wait

BigRo

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Mystical Manspreading
« Reply #14 on: October 01, 2023, 04:08:49 AM »
Here's my call-out:

That squat was a bit painful to watch. You needed more depth and your back was curling over. Maybe it would be fine when fresh.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2023, 04:18:03 AM »
Good lifting Matt

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2023, 04:26:54 AM »
Matt is strong.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2023, 04:58:23 AM »
Your depth is not the yellow line your depth is the black line which is a foot too high. Your hands should be at the yellow line your elbows should be below your shoulders not parallel and the dumbells should be horizontal on your shoulders. Also yet again the dumbells are falling out of the back of your hand that is why they are at 45 degrees because you are not holding them correctly. You think you are deeper than you are because one side of the dumbells is falling onto your shoulder when in fact your hands are a foot too high your wrist is at head height not shoulder height

You keep arguing the depth is fine because the weights are heavy that is not how it works if you need to use 50lb dumbells to get a full range of motion then use the 50lb dumbells because you got 0 reps with the 100s

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2023, 05:00:34 AM »
The thing w/ Brian is he thinks he's better than everyone. That beast I posted who easily benches over 500+ for reps, lifts ungodly heavy stones (which is one of the hardest things to do) he says "look at the guys waist", like it fucking matters... The guy has a slimmer waist than Brian when relaxed...

The guy is not a fake/poser, posing in his gal's thong, etc...

I try not to pile on the guy, but he makes it very hard to do...

You can't be serious

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2023, 05:02:29 AM »
You can't be serious

Very.. your gut when relaxed sticks out a lot.. not a big deal...

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2023, 05:08:25 AM »
As far as strength challenges again by all means go ahead and bench press as much as you can I will also share a bench press video by year end. Right now I have acute pain when I bend over or turn to the side so it's not happening today. 350x2 is not my all time max I hit 365x1 on two separate occasions once at 25 years old and once at 37 years old both at around 210lbs but I have video of 350x2 but whatever we both benched close to the same weight and based on your squat we also are going to squat close to the same weight. But I have done more on both. I have been dropping significant body weight. I am about 215lbs right now and should be around 205lbs myself by year end so you can stop pretending I have a 50lb weight advantage. In the meantime you will absolutely be able to press more if you learn how to hold the barbell you are making the same mistake with the barbell as the dumbell

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2023, 05:09:52 AM »
Very.. your gut when relaxed sticks out a lot.. not a big deal...

It's like you guys don't know the difference between bulking 230lbs and cutting 210lbs they are not the same you guys are going to be shocked when you see my condition

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2023, 05:42:27 AM »
A standing barbell or military press is a true test , sitting down press can be cheated, matt is cannanite bloodline so they tend to be strong little bastards
A

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2023, 05:47:51 AM »
I agree with Marty that the standing military press should be added to the contest.

webstar

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2023, 05:48:54 AM »
It's like you guys don't know the difference between bulking 230lbs and cutting 210lbs they are not the same you guys are going to be shocked when you see my condition

i’m shocked your  match stick legs are able to hold your bloated belly up. Those polio ridden legs will snap.