Author Topic: Why the Health Care Law Scares the G.O.P.  (Read 7508 times)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
Re: Why the Health Care Law Scares the G.O.P.
« Reply #100 on: October 08, 2013, 01:49:10 PM »
I'm sure you have a terrific bedside manner.  Your business must be bursting at the seams.  Too bad your government takes most of what you earn.   :)

That book really helped you it seems, you are passive aggressive just like a woman. IQ isn't intelligence, theres emotional intelligence.. BWHAHAH. you sound like a libfag. Was the book written by a pseudo scientific guru?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #101 on: October 08, 2013, 01:51:32 PM »
That book really helped you it seems, you are passive aggressive just like a woman. IQ isn't intelligence, theres emotional intelligence.. BWHAHAH. you sound like a libfag. Was the book written by a pseudo scientific guru?

U mad?  lol

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #102 on: October 08, 2013, 01:56:30 PM »
O-shitheadCare scares most people cause its a DISASTER

avxo

• Getbig V
  • Iron Pumping University Math Professor
« Reply #103 on: October 08, 2013, 02:35:35 PM »
The mandates should lessen premiums as more people sign up, which is caused by the offset revenue created by share numbers of plans. In theory it should occur, similar models even Romney care (much smaller scale) indicate it should.

Yes... as more people sign up at the point of a gun, in theory it should work. But it won't. Because the problem is that something terrible happens when you put a gun to someone's head and force them to act against their own judgement.

What if I am have sufficient means to cover all possible health contingencies without resorting to insurance?
What if I prefer lesser coverage than the minimum mandated?
What right do you have to force me to substitute my judgement for yours or to get health insurance against my will?

Please tell me... I'm eager to know.

Now, if the GOP gets it's way, individual exemptions will being happening, which will sink the ship. The numbers game will end, insurances will have to keep premiums high to offset the exemptions. This is what the GOP are counting on, they are trying to make it fail. The have insisted on numerous poison pills during legislation.

The ship is going down, because this sort of thing is not sustainable. Exceptions (which I oppose for different reasons) would only make the ship sink faster.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #104 on: October 08, 2013, 03:00:38 PM »
Yes... as more people sign up at the point of a gun, in theory it should work. But it won't. Because the problem is that something terrible happens when you put a gun to someone's head and force them to act against their own judgement.

What if I am have sufficient means to cover all possible health contingencies without resorting to insurance?
What right do you have to force me to substitute my judgement for yours or to get health insurance against my will?

The ship is going down, because this sort of thing is not sustainable. Exceptions (which I oppose for different reasons) would only make the ship sink faster.

I would have been fine with a one time opt out  but then they can never participate it in again

They would still have access to any employer plan or any plan they could purchase privately but if they oppose the ACA and don't want to participate then the one time opt out would be fine with me

tell me how you would solve the problem of these people then costing the rest of us money when they inevitably get sick or injured

If you can solve that problem then you may be on to something

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #105 on: October 08, 2013, 03:55:07 PM »
I would have been fine with a one time opt out  but then they can never participate it in again

They would still have access to any employer plan or any plan they could purchase privately but if they oppose the ACA and don't want to participate then the one time opt out would be fine with me

tell me how you would solve the problem of these people then costing the rest of us money when they inevitably get sick or injured

If you can solve that problem then you may be on to something

It only costs us because we've made it cost us:

First by requiring hospitals to treat everyone, even those who can't pay, we force them to shift the costs to those who pay, making emergency rooms crowded by people who use the fact that they can't be turned away to receive care.

And second by migrating from a model where insurance was meant for catastrophic events to a model where it pays for everything.

So what I would do?

Automatically provide fallback catastrophic coverage via Medicare to every American, with a very basic level of coverage , that kicks in when you don't have coverage via work or private insurance, and  then try to migrate back to a model where you pay healthcare providers for their services instead of relying on insurance, making insurance companies  function as true insurance companies again.

Think about it for a second... you have homeowners insurance but you don't file a claim when a lightbulb burns out or a plant dies.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #106 on: October 08, 2013, 04:43:06 PM »
I wouldn't go 50% into a hot dog stand with you. Your business acumen leaves a lot to be desired.
hahah his economic prowess is staggering though, just ask we can print all the money we want with no adverse effects.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #107 on: October 08, 2013, 04:45:39 PM »

First by requiring hospitals to treat everyone, even those who can't pay, we force them to shift the costs to those who pay, making emergency rooms crowded by people who use the fact that they can't be turned away to receive care.

And second by migrating from a model where insurance was meant for catastrophic events to a model where it pays for everything.

So what I would do?

Automatically provide fallback catastrophic coverage via Medicare to every American, with a very basic level of coverage , that kicks in when you don't have coverage via work or private insurance, and  then try to migrate back to a model where you pay healthcare providers for their services instead of relying on insurance, making insurance companies  function as true insurance companies again.

Think about it for a second... you have homeowners insurance but you don't file a claim when a lightbulb burns out or a plant dies.
youre talking to someone who thinks the govt should provide for all healthcare needs big or small....he doesnt understand!!!

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: October 08, 2013, 05:05:46 PM »

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: October 08, 2013, 05:11:35 PM »

I understand your rational to an extent, however, how do you suppose you implement universal healthcare without some form of "gun to your head"scenario, ie taxes?

So your gripe is that you may be able to afford healthcare without insurance, therefore, forcing me to participate in universal healthcare is unforgivable. I just don't see how you could make a sustainable universal system without mass participation.

I have no right as a human to force fuck all upon you, however, extended to it';s logical conclusion your position becomes absurd as any tax is a forcible act and thus you should have the right to participate. You are fine with previous gun to head situations however you prefer to avoid any further action?

Also, The fine is not very much, unless your making some decent cheddar, at which point it's an odd position of being able to but choosing naught.

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: October 08, 2013, 05:30:37 PM »

First by requiring hospitals to treat everyone, even those who can't pay, we force them to shift the costs to those who pay, making emergency rooms crowded by people who use the fact that they can't be turned away to receive care. [/color]

So what I would do?

Automatically provide fallback catastrophic coverage via Medicare to every American, with a very basic level of coverage , that kicks in when you don't have coverage via work or private insurance, and  then try to migrate back to a model where you pay healthcare providers for their services instead of relying on insurance, making insurance companies  function as true insurance companies again.

People with chronic illnesses, the type of disease that is skyrocketing in the states would die of either poverty or lack of care, most likely a combination of both.

A hospital visit is roughly a grand, stays of longer then a day very costly. A child with asthma would need several stays over the course of his childhood if it is moderate-severe. It wouldn't be feasible at all, people with chronic illness or pre-existing conditions would never get insured, unless you bypass them and use MC as you eluded.Or maybe a genetic disorder like Cystic Fibrosis would sink the ship. Either way there is going to be a situation where the sick use the resources, as it should be, while also coming off the back of the healthy. I get you self-centered view, why should I be forced to do anything, but we have informally agreed to participate in a civilization and further in a democracy where decisions we might not agree with get implemented.

Your idea is probably better then obamacare, however, if he is able to provide a plan where the penalty was menial by relative measure to the poverty line whilst still providing healthcare to all, it would be ideal.

I kinda take the view from biology with regards to our communicable nature and language that generosity is a guiding principle. Collectively we can do some really amazing things, our nature is to share and use team work.

I guess if you want more freedoms, move to Holland, the US is not very high on the list.

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #112 on: October 08, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »
youre talking to someone who thinks the govt should provide for all healthcare needs big or small....he doesnt understand!!!

I asked AVXO the question and not you and for the last time - you're not my spokesperson so STFU

you're too fucking stupid to even understand that I was asking for his opinion and restating my own opinion (the opt out) which I've said many times before

when the I want the opinion of a retarded fifth grader I will let you know

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: October 08, 2013, 05:50:48 PM »
I asked AVXO the question and not you and for the last time - you're not my spokesperson so STFU

you're too fucking stupid to even understand that I was asking for his opinion and restating my own opinion (the opt out) which I've said many times before

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #114 on: October 08, 2013, 05:51:39 PM »

So what I would do?

Automatically provide fallback catastrophic coverage via Medicare to every American, with a very basic level of coverage , that kicks in when you don't have coverage via work or private insurance, and  then try to migrate back to a model where you pay healthcare providers for their services instead of relying on insurance, making insurance companies  function as true insurance companies again.

not a bad start but it's the catastrophic coverage (and end of life care) that costs the most.   Most people can afford to pay for a doctor visit when they have a minor issue but it's the big stuff (cancer, auto accidents, chronic illness) where they start racking up the $'s and can't afford it.   How do we deal with the fact that were loading the most expensive stuff onto Medicare?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: October 08, 2013, 05:53:37 PM »
not a bad start but it's the catastrophic coverage (and end of life care) that costs the most.   Most people can afford to pay for a doctor visit when they have a minor issue but it's the big stuff (cancer, auto accidents, chronic illness) where they start racking up the $'s and can't afford it.   How do we deal with the fact that were loading the most expensive stuff onto Medicare?

By impeaching Slumbama and getting a responsible person in office as a start

whork

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #116 on: October 08, 2013, 05:58:08 PM »

First by requiring hospitals to treat everyone, even those who can't pay, we force them to shift the costs to those who pay,

So you dont want hospitals to treat everyone...

making emergency rooms crowded by people who use the fact that they can't be turned away to receive care.

So what I would do?

Automatically provide fallback catastrophic coverage via Medicare to every American, with a very basic level of coverage ,

But you will still give them help in case of a catastrophe (Life treatening Sickness/injuries etc that also cost the most.. Arent you contradicting yourself a little here ???

that kicks in when you don't have coverage via work or private insurance, and  then try to migrate back to a model where you pay healthcare providers for their services instead of relying on insurance, making insurance companies  function as true insurance companies again.

Good post though nice to see a conservative with a brain and ideas.

tonymctones

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: October 08, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »

lmfao was I wrong straw?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
« Reply #118 on: October 08, 2013, 07:31:40 PM »
lmfao was I wrong straw?

of course your'e wrong dipshit
nothing in my post or anything I've every written says that I believe that (as YOU wrote)
"the govt should provide for all healthcare needs big or small"

stop trying to speak for me and you'll have one less chance to look like an idiot

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #119 on: October 08, 2013, 07:32:41 PM »
of course your'e wrong dipshit
nothing in my post or anything I've every written says that I believe that (as YOU wrote)
"the govt should provide for all healthcare needs big or small"

stop trying to speak for me and you'll have one less chance to look like an idiot

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: October 08, 2013, 08:10:39 PM »
I understand your rational to an extent, however, how do you suppose you implement universal healthcare without some form of "gun to your head"scenario, ie taxes?

I don't. I don't want government-provided universal healthcare. I don't think it's a proper function of government or that such a thing is even possible and sustainable.

So your gripe is that you may be able to afford healthcare without insurance, therefore, forcing me to participate in universal healthcare is unforgivable. I just don't see how you could make a sustainable universal system without mass participation.

No, my gripe is that it isn't the job or the responsibility of the government to provide universal healthcare, not do I see how you can have a free society when you force people to buy a service.

I have no right as a human to force fuck all upon you, however, extended to it';s logical conclusion your position becomes absurd as any tax is a forcible act and thus you should have the right to participate. You are fine with previous gun to head situations however you prefer to avoid any further action?

There are things that we are taxed for that go towards providing services that are not only proper for a government to provide but which only government can provide. I'm more than happy to pay those taxes.

As for the rest of your comment, what makes you think I'm fine with previous "gun to the head" situations? Do you know me from yesterday? I am, in principle, opposed to almost all taxes the Federal government imposes as inappropriate.

Also, The fine is not very much, unless your making some decent cheddar, at which point it's an odd position of being able to but choosing naught.

Whether the fine is $0.01 or $1,000,000 is irrelevant. The point is that people are being forced, against the will, to buy a service or face a fine.

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #121 on: October 08, 2013, 08:34:41 PM »
People with chronic illnesses, the type of disease that is skyrocketing in the states would die of either poverty or lack of care, most likely a combination of both.

No they wouldn't. But hold off on that for a second, will you?

A hospital visit is roughly a grand, stays of longer then a day very costly. A child with asthma would need several stays over the course of his childhood if it is moderate-severe. It wouldn't be feasible at all, people with chronic illness or pre-existing conditions would never get insured, unless you bypass them and use MC as you eluded.Or maybe a genetic disorder like Cystic Fibrosis would sink the ship. Either way there is going to be a situation where the sick use the resources, as it should be, while also coming off the back of the healthy. I get you self-centered view, why should I be forced to do anything, but we have informally agreed to participate in a civilization and further in a democracy where decisions we might not agree with get implemented.

Let's as ourselves why is cost skyrocketing? A generation ago you could get great healthcare without going bankrupt. You could afford to see a doctor and pay for him out of your own pocket, and insurance for "big" things was much more affordable.

Fast forward to 2013... most Americans rely on insurance to pay everything and complain about $10 co-pays. Many have no primary physician because they can't afford the cost of a visit so they go and utilize the Emergency Room to get care, knowing full well they can't be turned away but will get billed and may or may not pay said bill.

Forgive me for pointing out the 800 elephant in the room, but something is fucked up here. And I'm pretty sure that the "what" is obvious.

You demonize insurance companies that have an expensive product that's not affordable. But it's not their fault that they need to keep providing more and more expensive services and are expected to cover more and more things.

Now we can go back to your earlier point. Under the current system nobody gets good healthcare. Under the older system, everybody gets healthcare, some great and some good. No need for mandates.

Your idea is probably better then obamacare, however, if he is able to provide a plan where the penalty was menial by relative measure to the poverty line whilst still providing healthcare to all, it would be ideal.

Ideal is a relative world. I don't see a world with universal government healthcare as ideal. I see it as a world in which government is not the servant of the people but their ruler.

Such systems have been tried before and failed. Of those that haven't failed, most are in the process of failing, and those that aren't are operating under unusual circumstances that don't apply to everyone else.

I kinda take the view from biology with regards to our communicable nature and language that generosity is a guiding principle. Collectively we can do some really amazing things, our nature is to share and use team work.

I take another lesson from natural selection. The playing field isn't level and some are better suited to survive than others. This may sound cruel and heartless and it's not the popular thing to say, but there you have it.

With that said, we do live in a society in which even those who could otherwise not survive are given a chance to. I don't know that we should – or should – model our society to guarantee their survival.

I guess if you want more freedoms, move to Holland, the US is not very high on the list.

Sorry, but politically Europe isn't my cup of tea. Wonderful to visit, but not somewhere I'd want to live on a permanent basis. Have you heard what the nutjobs at the European Parliament and the Commission are doing? Yikes.

The U.S. may not be perfect, but long ago, I made a conscious decision about where and under what system I wanted to live; the U.S. is, for all it's faults, the place I chose back then and would choose today.

AbrahamG

• Getbig V
  • Team Pfizer
« Reply #122 on: October 08, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »
You have to be insured to drive a car, why shouldn't you be required to carry insurance to use hospitals or any other medical service?

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #123 on: October 08, 2013, 08:49:15 PM »
You have to be insured to drive a car, why shouldn't you be required to carry insurance to use hospitals or any other medical service?

Hey you stupid fucking tampon - you don't need insiruance to get a drivers license correct? 

Now go kill yourself homo

avxo

• Getbig V
« Reply #124 on: October 08, 2013, 09:02:40 PM »

Because the government can require you to have a license to drive a car on its roads. You can drive a car on your private property without insurance – or even a license.