Author Topic: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week  (Read 24904 times)

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
Re: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week
« Reply #75 on: January 18, 2011, 06:30:46 AM »
@dj181, yes I'm able to push hard on delts and arms too, its just a matter of getting used and adapting to the frequency of training. First fewe weeks you might feel tired and not being able to push, but after a while you'll adapt.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #76 on: January 18, 2011, 06:33:50 AM »
Back and chest on the same day is INSANE, specially if you work your lats just before the pecs. Basically, your back provide support and stability for every chest exercise, specially bench presses. For sure your back will give up way before you start to feel something on your pecs when working the chest using that routine.

no,, it can be done,, specially if you give body time to get used to it,, i seen it doen tIMe after TIME!  also it depend on the indivudual,,

same thing with delt and arm day after chest + back,, some can do it,, some can not but there are many possiblilities if you dont like it,, but it can be done.,, sometimes even enhance growing process,, in general i avoid it tho,,

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #77 on: January 18, 2011, 06:42:04 AM »
Great post nolotil, you know exactly what you are talking bout.

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #78 on: January 18, 2011, 06:49:55 AM »
Great post nolotil, you know exactly what you are talking bout.

i done bodybuilding many years and train many people,, you learn with the years and by mistakes,,   ;),, but if we talk compeititive bodybuilding no 1 thing is drugs,, not training,, still people must realize that going in 5-6 time per week is old school propaganda muscle magazine bull crap,, many guys who say they go 5-6 they lie,, and only go 3 times week,, because that all they recover from if they work hard and smart!!,, and they dont need more,, if guy on hormone  dont need it why do you think tiny natural need it,, lol waste of time to go in more,,   

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #79 on: January 18, 2011, 07:03:37 AM »
Whats this "training" thing everybody is talking about ???

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #80 on: January 18, 2011, 07:06:31 AM »
Whats this "training" thing everybody is talking about ???

It's the occasional trip to the gym that you and I do between spans of inebriation....and still look better than the 6 days a week guys posting.... ;D

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #81 on: January 18, 2011, 07:10:53 AM »
It's the occasional trip to the gym that you and I do between spans of inebriation....and still look better than the 6 days a week guys posting.... ;D

Yes!!!! maybe if I do this "training" stuff I can get my arms to 19 inches!!!

.....and then post a pic!!!

nolotil

• Getbig III
« Reply #82 on: January 18, 2011, 07:12:53 AM »

yes,, when you do actually go in make it count and do it hard and smart,, no need for this 6 days per week silliness,,

it same thing with food,, some people think they have to eat 6 times per day,, lol  ,, no wonder so many people are fat pigs

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #83 on: January 18, 2011, 07:22:22 AM »
Even if those 6 meals a day are composed of chicken breasts, vegatables, and tuna packed in spring water ;)

tom joad

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: January 18, 2011, 07:26:58 AM »
i done bodybuilding many years and train many people,, you learn with the years and by mistakes,,   ;),, but if we talk compeititive bodybuilding no 1 thing is drugs,, not training,, still people must realize that going in 5-6 time per week is old school propaganda muscle magazine bull crap,, many guys who say they go 5-6 they lie,, and only go 3 times week,, because that all they recover from if they work hard and smart!!,, and they dont need more,, if guy on hormone  dont need it why do you think tiny natural need it,, lol waste of time to go in more,,   

wrong.  drugs are just the finishing touch.

JP_RC

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: January 18, 2011, 08:43:16 AM »

Yes!!!! maybe if I do this "training" stuff I can get my arms to 19 inches!!!

.....and then post a pic!!!

Don't forget to eat your chicken parma pizza afte training too!! If not you won't get 19 inch arms.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #86 on: January 18, 2011, 08:46:13 AM »
Don't forget to eat your chicken parma pizza afte training too!! If not you won't get 19 inch arms.

Chicken parm pizza after a workout is the key to epic growth 8)

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #87 on: January 18, 2011, 08:49:29 AM »
Thats the way I train for a long time and I like it because it helps me being injury free while training insanely hard, I also feel that this is the optimal training schedule in terms of strenght and mass gains (maybe 1 muscle group each 6 days would be the sweet number - like Dorian used to train - but since I am not a bodybuilder I keep the cycle matched with the whole week to fit better with my work and social agenda).

But, the thing is, for example, I train chest on mondays, and when it comes the weekend I feel like my pecs are not as pumped as during the middle of the week, and it kinda of spois the visual effect during this part of the week.

Training chest 2x full throtle is definetly an overkill for me but what about doing a light session on thursday or friday just to pump it up a bit and prepare things for the next monday when I will train this muscle group again? Have anyone tried something like this?
  Yes, i do this for legs.  Heavy leg day on Wednesdays... then another lighter one on sundays.  Do chest mon, then again on thursday.. just lighter and less sets.

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #88 on: January 18, 2011, 08:51:05 AM »
yes,, when you do actually go in make it count and do it hard and smart,, no need for this 6 days per week silliness,,

it same thing with food,, some people think they have to eat 6 times per day,, lol  ,, no wonder so many people are fat pigs

Totally agree.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #89 on: January 18, 2011, 10:17:31 AM »
Training once a week is not efficent. It takes 48 hours for muscle recovery in a lot of cases. Missing a lot of building time by doing one bodypart a week.
Trans Milkshake.

coltrane

• Getbig IV
« Reply #90 on: January 18, 2011, 11:57:41 AM »
Training once a week is not efficent. It takes 48 hours for muscle recovery in a lot of cases. Missing a lot of building time by doing one bodypart a week.

Eh.

When you do chest/tris, back/bis, etc, I don't think you can adequately get BOTH muscle groups in enough to really work them hard enough.  Unless you're at the gym for over 2 hours.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #91 on: January 18, 2011, 04:21:04 PM »
Its truly sad how many people buy into the perpetuated bodybuilding bullshit.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: January 18, 2011, 06:51:46 PM »
Sooo, you decided to bump this thread just to deliver yet another one of your lame and useless oneliners.
 Way to go smartass ::)

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #93 on: January 18, 2011, 06:54:13 PM »
Sooo, you decided to bump this thread just to deliver yet another one of your lame and useless oneliners.
PMS
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: January 18, 2011, 07:00:25 PM »
Day 1- Chest
Day 2- Back
Day 3- Rest
Day 4- Legs
Day 5- Delts
Day 6- Arms
Day 7- Rest

A

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #95 on: January 18, 2011, 07:08:00 PM »
Day 1- Chest 250mg sust, 100mg abombs, 6iu hgh
Day 2- Back 200mg eq, 100mg abomb, 6iu hgh
Day 3- Rest 250mg sust, 100mg abombs, 6iu hgh
Day 4- Legs 200mg eq, 100mg abomb, 6iu hgh
Day 5- Delts 250mg sust, 100mg abombs, 6iu hgh
Day 6- Arms 200mg eq, 100mg abomb, 6iu hgh
Day 7- Rest go to the hospital for dehydration

Fixed.  Your 'training split' has absolutely nothing to do with the results illustrated in that picture.

Aaron Singerman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #96 on: January 18, 2011, 07:09:12 PM »
Fixed.  Your 'training split' has absolutely nothing to do with the results illustrated in that picture.

Dude, I take WAY more drugs than that... and I resent the hospital thing!

;)
A

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #97 on: January 18, 2011, 07:10:19 PM »
Dude, I take WAY more drugs than that...

LOL!!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #98 on: January 18, 2011, 07:20:47 PM »

No, actually Im genuinely trying to enlighten those who have been brainwashed by spoon-fed bodybuilding bullshit.

Normally I dont like to bash, but youre really perpetuating this.  So explain this to me 'stretch marks'.  Youve posted your pictures and make no mistake you have a very average physique.  It doesnt matter if your arms tape out at 19'' or 29'', you have not posted a picture of a muscular arm, despite the fact that of the few visible muscles, your arms may be your best feature as you have no chest, no traps, no thickness whatsoever.  
So here you are diving deep into a 'training split' when what you fail to realize is what I said in my first post, that you'd do better to just do some compound movements and call it a day.
Ever been to a powerlifting gym?  You never see anyone in there doing an 'arm day', yet they all have significantly more muscular arms than you.  Does that tell you anything?
Go watch a strongman competition.  Those guys have pretty big legs huh.  Do you think its cause they 'prioritize their hamstrings' by doing a standing leg curl on its own separate day?  

Maybe you'll finally get it, or maybe you are too stupid.  

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #99 on: January 18, 2011, 07:23:05 PM »
Dude, I take WAY more drugs than that... and I resent the hospital thing!

;)

;D

Make no mistake, I love steroids and wish I could do them.  I dont in anyway infer that you dont train your ass off, or diet or do all sorts of neurotic shit to attain that physique.  My sole point is that for most people, it makes no difference if a bunch of chest exercises are done on monday or wednesday etc...