Author Topic: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week  (Read 24909 times)

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
Re: For those training each muscle group only 1x per week
« Reply #175 on: January 19, 2011, 08:02:57 AM »
Spot on post JP_RC, it seems that many here are literally bound in fear of with regards to "diet" ;) 

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #176 on: January 19, 2011, 08:11:25 AM »
Mine is quite simple.

Mondays and Thursday: Upper Body
Tuesdays and Fridays: Legs

To help bring up my arms, I train them first on Thursday, followed by back and chest, and lastly shoulders.

On Mondays, the order is reversed: Shoulders first, then back and chest, and arms last.

Legs are even simpler: Calves first, then hamstrings, and finally quads.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #177 on: January 19, 2011, 08:16:11 AM »
Your split prove you must be on gear, because without that, your body can't recover such crazy amount of sets and reps. Further more, it seem to me that want to kill your bi- and triceps. Your bicep weights something like 2 lb and you quadriceps weight something like 5 lb. Still you do more sets and reps with the smaller and lighter muscles. You don't need a fucking marathon for your biceps, you need few good sets with good form and heavy weights. For example, Marko Savolainen used to do 3 sets for the biceps. Barbell curl: First two sets was 25 reps for warming up, third set was drop set from the 8x 264lb to 8x 220, then 10x 176, 12 x 132 and 15 x 88lb. You should try that...

Have you seen his pics, he ain't on gear. Your body recovers fine if you have half decent genetics in any event.

Oh and who cares how Marko trained, the guy was all drugs and seo.
Trans Milkshake.

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #178 on: January 19, 2011, 08:17:46 AM »
Spot on post JP_RC, it seems that many here are literally bound in fear of with regards to "diet" ;)  

Oh shit, here we are again, being spammed "insights" by another getbigger "expert", who actually looks like he never touched a fucking barbell in his whole life, trying to look cool in downplaying the diet aspect of the game. Listen sport, as much as a lot of delusional people want to deny it, nutrition IS important. If you are strong and showing a six pack you are either eating very smartly or on a heavy drug regimen, or both. No two ways about it and no such things as "genetic gods". 

I find it very funny that in the gym basket cases like you doesnt even dare to look at me, and here I am on the internet wasting time with epic discussions with people of the same kind.

Also, I see this debate started going circular since the last one or two pages of this thread, so I am leaving it here.

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #179 on: January 19, 2011, 08:35:14 AM »
Believe what you want man, I'm just not speaking from my own twink experiences. I have observed plenty of very large and muscular fellas who eat dirty and are very strong and massive. Riddle me this? How many weighted chins can you do with 50 pounds around your waist? I can do 8 full reps, from full extension to full flexion. Is that a weakling to you? I'd be willing to bet that you couldn't even do 8 full reps with bodyweight, let alone 50 pounds added on ya.

Jaime

• Getbig V
  • North Pole, fucking elves left, right and centre.
« Reply #180 on: January 19, 2011, 08:39:31 AM »
Oh shit, here we are again, being spammed "insights" by another getbigger "expert", who actually looks like he never touched a fucking barbell in his whole life, trying to look cool in downplaying the diet aspect of the game. Listen sport, as much as a lot of delusional people want to deny it, nutrition IS important. If you are strong and showing a six pack you are either eating very smartly or on a heavy drug regimen, or both. No two ways about it and no such things as "genetic gods". 

I find it very funny that in the gym basket cases like you doesnt even dare to look at me, and here I am on the internet wasting time with epic discussions with people of the same kind.

Also, I see this debate started going circular since the last one or two pages of this thread, so I am leaving it here.

Six pack is low bodyfat, if you have a fast metabolism then you can pretty much eat what you like.

I was lifting very heavy on a complete shit diet, fucking heavy drugs regime, jesus christ.

There are clearly big differences in regards to genetics, it's not even a debate. You have the three classic archtypes and a vast array of variables between them. Scores of other factors to that are too numerous for me to even state.
Trans Milkshake.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
  • One getbigger to rule them all.
« Reply #181 on: January 19, 2011, 08:51:39 AM »
Its truly sad how many people buy into the perpetuated bodybuilding bullshit.

x2
175lbs by 31st July

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: January 19, 2011, 08:53:30 AM »
I hardly do any arm exercises anymore. :(
:o really ?

i would never have guessed given the size of those two pipe cleaners you are sporting.
175lbs by 31st July

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #183 on: January 19, 2011, 08:57:40 AM »
Believe what you want man, I'm just not speaking from my own twink experiences. I have observed plenty of very large and muscular fellas who eat dirty and are very strong and massive. Riddle me this? How many weighted chins can you do with 50 pounds around your waist? I can do 8 full reps, from full extension to full flexion. Is that a weakling to you? I'd be willing to bet that you couldn't even do 8 full reps with bodyweight, let alone 50 pounds added on ya.

lol, forget about chins, come to my gym and I will grab your twink ass plus your 50 pounds around wasit and skull crush you for reps, deal? Schmoes all around the world will be epically jeaslous of you, lol

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #184 on: January 19, 2011, 09:06:08 AM »
Wait a minute! Are you that brazilian guy who claimed to bench press 450 pounds for reps?

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: January 19, 2011, 09:09:18 AM »
nope, Im having my hands full with three plates each side right now, shooting for 4 plates for reps till the end of the year. I admit my chest strenght is less than stellar compared with the rest of my body, specially arms. But I will get there.

Fatpanda

• Getbig V
« Reply #186 on: January 19, 2011, 09:11:27 AM »
Wait a minute! Are you that brazilian guy who claimed to bench press 450 pounds for reps?

isn't that mesomorph you are talking about.

i believe he is jamaican/english
175lbs by 31st July

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #187 on: January 19, 2011, 09:11:46 AM »
Thats the way I train for a long time and I like it because it helps me being injury free while training insanely hard, I also feel that this is the optimal training schedule in terms of strenght and mass gains (maybe 1 muscle group each 6 days would be the sweet number - like Dorian used to train - but since I am not a bodybuilder I keep the cycle matched with the whole week to fit better with my work and social agenda).

But, the thing is, for example, I train chest on mondays, and when it comes the weekend I feel like my pecs are not as pumped as during the middle of the week, and it kinda of spois the visual effect during this part of the week.

Training chest 2x full throttle is definitely an overkill for me but what about doing a light session on thursday or friday just to pump it up a bit and prepare things for the next monday when I will train this muscle group again? Have anyone tried something like this?

It's all about social agenda.

You can keep your chest day wherever you want, but wear tighter shirts and do arms on Thursday or Friday.

Oh, and drink more Trac Extreme from MHP.  

dj181

• Getbig V
  • Dog sees 🐿️
« Reply #188 on: January 19, 2011, 09:33:03 AM »
It's not mesomorph that I'm talking about panda, if I remember correctly this fella was a huge hoyce gracie fan.

CalvinH

• Getbig V
  • Spastic Tarted Cvunt
« Reply #189 on: January 19, 2011, 09:45:27 AM »
People respond differently...you just have to find what works best for you.

...the only body part I ever work more then once a week is arms.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #190 on: January 19, 2011, 09:48:51 AM »
 I usually hit the muscle about ever six days. Then about 1/3 of the time i'll hit it 2x in one week.

So usually every week i'm hitting a couple muscle groups twice and I rotate which groups I hit twice.

Hitting every muscle 2x per week every week would be great, but most people just don't have the time to lift that much.

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #191 on: January 19, 2011, 11:56:37 AM »
Your split prove you must be on gear, because without that, your body can't recover such crazy amount of sets and reps. Further more, it seem to me that want to kill your bi- and triceps. Your bicep weights something like 2 lb and you quadriceps weight something like 5 lb. Still you do more sets and reps with the smaller and lighter muscles. You don't need a fucking marathon for your biceps, you need few good sets with good form and heavy weights. For example, Marko Savolainen used to do 3 sets for the biceps. Barbell curl: First two sets was 25 reps for warming up, third set was drop set from the 8x 264lb to 8x 220, then 10x 176, 12 x 132 and 15 x 88lb. You should try that...

i agree with you that it's ironic to do more sets for my biceps than my quads but i was just mentioning what i do and not the perfect thing in general.. but i don't think biceps or triceps can't bear 8 sets putting in mind that i do the first set of each exercise only very heavy and the second moderate so they are 4 heavy sets only!!..

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #192 on: January 19, 2011, 07:42:22 PM »
No, actually Im genuinely trying to enlighten those who have been brainwashed by spoon-fed bodybuilding bullshit.

Normally I dont like to bash, but youre really perpetuating this.  So explain this to me 'stretch marks'.  Youve posted your pictures and make no mistake you have a very average physique.  It doesnt matter if your arms tape out at 19'' or 29'', you have not posted a picture of a muscular arm, despite the fact that of the few visible muscles, your arms may be your best feature as you have no chest, no traps, no thickness whatsoever.
So here you are diving deep into a 'training split' when what you fail to realize is what I said in my first post, that you'd do better to just do some compound movements and call it a day.
Ever been to a powerlifting gym?  You never see anyone in there doing an 'arm day', yet they all have significantly more muscular arms than you.  Does that tell you anything?
Go watch a strongman competition.  Those guys have pretty big legs huh.  Do you think its cause they 'prioritize their hamstrings' by doing a standing leg curl on its own separate day?  

Maybe you'll finally get it, or maybe you are too stupid.  

sorry for my mediocre 19 natty arms, here are some relaxed pecs for you, keyboard warrior

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
« Reply #193 on: January 19, 2011, 07:47:58 PM »
:o really ?

i would never have guessed given the size of those two pipe cleaners you are sporting.

LMAO, my arms are way bigger than yours and I don't carry anywhere near the fat you do, GutButt. :D
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #194 on: January 19, 2011, 08:35:39 PM »
sorry for my mediocre 19 natty arms, here are some relaxed pecs for you, keyboard warrior

I thought u were letting this die?
You wish to continue, ok.  Here.  You look like nothing.  You have an average physique.  You are 'in shape' I suppose, as you are not fat, but do not appear muscular in any way at all. 
It is absolutely pathetic the amount of time and energy you dedicate in life to bodybuilding as compared to what you have to show for it. 

And since you keep calling me 'keyboard warrior', did you check out my pics yet? 

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: January 19, 2011, 08:39:32 PM »
yes, 6'1 230lbs 10-12% bf, 19-20 inch arms, natural, pretty average I guess

::)

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: January 19, 2011, 08:49:24 PM »

19-20 inch arms, 10=12% ?

Are you talking about your avatar picture? If so, those stats seem exagerated.

TacoBell

• Getbig V
  • Team FTN
« Reply #197 on: January 19, 2011, 08:50:30 PM »

Further proving how stupid you are, bodybuilding hell physiques in general arent about stats.  Its about what you look like. Your first sentence in this entire thread is that you train a certain way as you feel it maximizes strength and mass.

'Thats the way I train for a long time and I like it because it helps me being injury free while training insanely hard, I also feel that this is the optimal training schedule in terms of strenght and mass gains '

What is this mass you speak of?  You have none.  Are you really that delusional that you see a muscular physique in those pictures?

el numero uno

• Getbig V
  • Clean your room, bucko.
« Reply #198 on: January 19, 2011, 08:55:47 PM »
Taco I know you had posted pics, but in which thread it was? (no homo).

Bam-bam

• Getbig V
« Reply #199 on: January 19, 2011, 08:57:41 PM »
19-20 inch arms, 10=12% ?

Are you talking about your avatar picture? If so, those stats seem exagerated.

the pic of my avatar was taken early june, been to the gym since beggining of the year, was a litle lighter and a lot softer there