Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52433 times)

#1 Klaus fan

• Getbig V
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #100 on: May 17, 2011, 12:24:32 PM »
I'm still having faith that Santa Claus is real. After all, no-one can know for sure.

Griffith

• Getbig V
« Reply #101 on: May 17, 2011, 12:25:53 PM »
No-one cannot either prove or disprove that Heaven exists.

Just as no-one can prove or disprove that a Higher Being exists.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #102 on: May 17, 2011, 12:26:19 PM »
I'm still having faith that Santa Claus is real. After all, no-one can know for sure.

I know.

He's real.

Saw him at the mall a couple months back. Smelled of cheap cologne and whiskey.

Skeletor

• Getbig V
  • Silence you furry fool!
« Reply #103 on: May 17, 2011, 12:26:32 PM »

Of course he is. Don't let non-believers tell you otherwise.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #104 on: May 17, 2011, 12:26:42 PM »
you're always lecturing people on enjoying life

do you enjoy life?

maybe you do, but it doesn't come off that way around here

E
He doesn`t really have any worthwhile or memorable experiences behind him so there is little solace he can find in his current situation.  :-\

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2011, 12:33:30 PM »
Ahh yes, a man who's never been to Heaven, telling me it doesn't exist, sounds very logical, doesn't it?
That's like me saying Ferraris are total shit and drive terribly and Bugattis are overpriced, after never having one, sitting in one, or driving one, let alone even seeing one...

If anything Heaven and Hell are probably dimensions---the spirit realm or astral plane. Weren't proponents of String atheory trying to prove that there are at least 11 diff dimensions within our own? Who is to say that Heaven  is not one of them...

Maybe Hawking's version of Heaven, is that there is no Heaven. Therefore he can be rewarded solely based upon his achievements in the sciences by man, and not by GOD...

And men who have never been to heaven or hell are telling you it does ( exist ) and this sounds very logical to you?

what we do know for a fact , the bible and the stories contained within are oral traditions written down in the Bronze age , we're supposed to just take their word for it?

in the end God and Heaven are stories in a book written by men who claimed they were inspired by ' God ' and as a substitute for proof they offer ' faith ' that it is what they say it is

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #106 on: May 17, 2011, 12:36:01 PM »
i believe a creator wouldn't give mankind the ability (with our gray matter) to comprehend Him.

Knowing man, he'd try to destroy the creator or usurp his power, let's be honest.

You'd never invent a computer program or boardgame with the ability to understand or kill you, right?  Same thing here.  I think some energy or force is behind everything, but our little brittle brains can't comprehend it.  Especially when you realize that 2000 years ago, we were living in caves and huts and were pretty damn uncivilized.  in another 2000 years, people will look at us today and laugh their asses off... they'll have eternal life theu medical techniology, computers that do anything, nano for unlimited food, population controls... they'll see us as savages.

noc

• Getbig IV
« Reply #107 on: May 17, 2011, 12:38:38 PM »
Ahh yes, a man who's never been to Heaven, telling me it doesn't exist, sounds very logical, doesn't it?
That's like me saying Ferraris are total shit and drive terribly and Bugattis are overpriced, after never having one, sitting in one, or driving one, let alone even seeing one...

Brilliant analogy  ::)

A five star luxury resort in the clouds verses a man made machine.

Once again, congratulations. 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #108 on: May 17, 2011, 12:40:09 PM »
Adonis, Unberman doesnt need solace, he just doesnt agree with people who make it an agenda to belittle or demean others for having beliefs that make their lives more fulfilling or happy.

He's right Adonis, you come across as bitter highly cynical person.
There is no reason to condemn someone for believing something that enriches their life or makes them happier.
It has to bug you that they can believe something and it helps them enjoy life, and you can't, otherwise you woulnt make it such an agenda to attack believers

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: May 17, 2011, 12:41:12 PM »
You seem very angry lately ,Adonis.What is the reason for this?

Bi-polar for sure, easy to figure out by his post history.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2011, 12:41:58 PM »
If there is a creator he/it/she would most certainly NOT be anything like the one described in the bible , a creator of the Universe/Multiverse and every single piece of matter within would most certainly NOT give a flying fuck if you masturbate or marry another of the same sex etc

if the God of the bible exists I sure as fuck wouldn't follow it forget worship it

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2011, 12:50:05 PM »
If I come across as angry, which I am certainly not, I do apologize.  I must confide that I am incredibly ecstatic about my current circumstance as I believe I have followed Hawking`s wise advice "Seek the greatest value from your action".

This is not wise advice, it's actually nothing more than a feel good statement. There is no logical reason to believe that anyone has to "live life to the fullest" simply because we exist. In fact this is quite illogical. It's nothing more than a belief system much like religion for those who feel a need to find a valid reason for their existence. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: May 17, 2011, 12:52:04 PM »
Adonis, Unberman doesnt need solace, he just doesnt agree with people who make it an agenda to belittle or demean others for having beliefs that make their lives more fulfilling or happy.

There is no reason to condemn someone for believing something that enriches their life or makes them happier.
It has to bug you that they can believe something and it helps them enjoy life, and you can't, otherwise you woulnt make it such an agenda to attack believers
I don`t care one iota what someone thinks or believes, however why should their nonsensical belief system be free from insult or free from ridicule?  Why should it automatically earn a pedestal enclosed in glass with the words "Do not Touch" plastered all over it?

We can criticize everything under the sun, but when it comes to religion we are supposed to have a hands off policy?  Really?  Should we then not criticize Radical Islam and the Muslims who seek to establish the calaphate (directly from the Koran) and who use violence in the form of beheading, suicide bombings etc... to establish the goal as set out by the Koran?

Fuck that.  Its on and I don`t believe ANY idea or anything should be free from criticism, especially religion.  You mean to tell me if someone was going around worshiping Leprechauns you wouldn`t think that a bit odd and give them a little ribbing?

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #113 on: May 17, 2011, 12:57:09 PM »

Does it bug you that it makes terrorists happy to engage in Violence to restore the Calaphate from the Koran, thus enhancing their life and to them enriching it?  It must bug you that they can believe something which helps them enjoy life.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #114 on: May 17, 2011, 12:58:04 PM »
I don`t care one iota what someone thinks or believes, however why should their nonsensical belief system be free from insult or free from ridicule?  Why should it automatically earn a pedestal enclosed in glass with the words "Do not Touch" plastered all over it?

We can criticize everything under the sun, but when it comes to religion we are supposed to have a hands off policy?  Really?  Should we then not criticize Radical Islam and the Muslims who seek to establish the calaphate (directly from the Koran) and who use violence in the form of beheading, suicide bombings etc... to establish the goal as set out by the Koran?

Fuck that.  Its on and I don`t believe ANY idea or anything should be free from criticism, especially religion.  You mean to tell me if someone was going around worshiping Leprechauns you wouldn`t think that a bit odd and give them a little ribbing?

I have seen now two days in a row, that you have either posted about physics or using someone else's writings on physics.  Do you have any education in physics or are you fronting that you actually know something about physics?  Just as this Hawkins has tried to imply that physics dispells religion but has not proof in where his physics came from?  Odd, huh? Oh wait, it just happened?  lol

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #115 on: May 17, 2011, 01:00:30 PM »
No-one cannot either prove or disprove that Heaven exists.

Just as no-one can prove or disprove that a Higher Being exists.

Just as no one can disprove leprechauns exist, or pink elephants in leotards orbiting mars ..

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #116 on: May 17, 2011, 01:01:30 PM »
"Seek the greatest value from your action"

What is that supposed to mean anyway?  I'm pretty sure Hitler was seeking the greatest value from his action when he was ordering the execution of the disabled, the crippled, the Jews, etc.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #117 on: May 17, 2011, 01:01:44 PM »
The problems I have with religious people is them pushing their beliefs on everyone else and trying to dictate policy based on it , abortions? God doesn't want them so YOU can't have them , pseudoscience ( creationism ) thought on equal foot with real science , gay marriage , stem cell research ( see abortion ) I mean I can go on and on but you get the point

most of the people I love believe in ' God ' I don't have a much of a problem with people believing in ' God ' but just the assholes pushing their agenda on the rest of us and I'm with Adonis religion should be criticized it shouldn't get a free pass 

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #118 on: May 17, 2011, 01:03:19 PM »

There is a difference between a ribbing., and yOur obvious agenda to demean and attempt to destroy someone elses beliefs because it's your way of making yourself feel superior to others.
Only reason you think like that is because you've aligned yourself with science, so you can try an mock anyone that attempts to do the same thing to you, that you do to them.
From reading your posts, it's obvious you are a very mean spirited cynical individual that enjoys putting others down to feel better about your own existence.

No one that says the things you do, does it because they're happy with their own existence.

I could give a fuck what you or others believe, and you dont see me ridiculing others for what they believe, just because I think I've got the right belief system figured out and everyone else is wrong, in your case science.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2011, 01:05:29 PM »
There is a difference between a ribbing., and yOur obvious agenda to demean and attempt to destroy someone elses beliefs because it's your way of making yourself feel superior to others.
Only reason you think like that is because you've aligned yourself with science, so you can try an mock anyone that attempts to do the same thing to you, that you do to them.
From reading your posts, it's obvious you are a very mean spirited cynical individual that enjoys putting others down to feel better about your own existence.

No one that says the things you do, does it because they're happy with their own existence.

I could give a fuck what you or others believe, and you dont see me ridiculing others for what they believe, just because I think I've got the right belief system figured out and everyone else is wrong, in your case science.

I have a master's in science and can tell you, there is no proof in where "our" science came from other than numbers.  But where did it all originate from?  People using "science" as proof is set proportional with Faith....and this boys and girls is what our religion is all about!

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #120 on: May 17, 2011, 01:05:40 PM »
looks like someone is so depressed he wants everyone else to be as depressed as him before... dying.

A true humanist  :-\

oookaay....
I don't belong to any religion or follow any faith or dogma.
I would rather have doubts then believe in some invisible , imaginary friend.
I honestly have no idea what happens after we die or if we have an "after life"

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #121 on: May 17, 2011, 01:06:52 PM »
Does it bug you that it makes terrorists happy to engage in Violence to restore the Calaphate from the Koran, thus enhancing their life and to them enriching it?  It must bug you that they can believe something which helps them enjoy life.
Only thing that bugs me, is that they try and push their beliefs on others, and encroach on others human rights, just like you do.

But you probably can't comprehend that youre soon the same things they do, by mocking and ridiculing others, you just do it passive aggresively.

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #122 on: May 17, 2011, 01:09:20 PM »
true anus , you cant be considered as superiorly intelligent, wiser than others, while attempting at the same time to tell them they are morons and that their feeling of "hapiness" is based on something that makes no sense to you -even trying to destroy it which is a sadistic endeavour, you take pleasure in someone else suffering-.

Again as proved by others on here already, you re just a cynical who cant love nor can be loved. But again i'm sure there are explanations and that it's not your fault, you re just the sum of what has spawned you and of the conditionnings you ve been exposed to...like everyone else. Some people just tend to be a lot less cynical and destructive than you, whatever their past traumas and actually help others and feel like they have something to give.

If you dont want kids it's because you consider you have nothing to teach them, to give them.... precisely because... Your parents didnt give it to you in the first place.

It's not like you re the only one. Lots of couples of young so called pseudo intellectuals nowadays in their 20s / 30 s who try to pass their fear of responsabilities and their sheer desire to stay immature for "wisdom". Happy people actually give their kids the will to have kids themselves. Obviously your parents didnt.  
You cant love because you havent been loved, as simple as that, you cannot reproduce what you didnt learn, what you havent been exposed to. Yet, you ve been looking for a woman to ... reproduce and im sure of it, ultimately build a family. Funny isnt it? Does jezebele hates kids as much as your own mother hated you?

dustin

« Reply #123 on: May 17, 2011, 01:12:22 PM »
He's entitled to his opinion. He's writing a book you know, needs the controversy to help promote it. Plus he's just pissed off because every time he has to go to the bathroom he shits himself. God's sense of humor at work :)

LMFAO I  how you Christians deny everything which is indisputable. Keep reading your fairy tales. Stephan Hawking has done far more for humanity than your lousy religion has.

Religion is poison. Your kind is a scourge and an embarrassment to humanity. If we're ever greeted by extra terrestrials lizards (same probability of Jesus or the Rapture, so you can't complain) we'll have to embarrassingly explain how some millions of pussies still take solace in their comforting bed time stories aka religion. It'll be a tough sell to convince them that you're not retards lol

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #124 on: May 17, 2011, 01:16:56 PM »
LMFAO I  how you Christians deny everything which is indisputable. Keep reading your fairy tales. Stephan Hawking has done far more for humanity than your lousy religion has.

Religion is poison. Your kind is a scourge and an embarrassment to humanity. If we're ever greeted by extra terrestrials lizards (same probability of Jesus or the Rapture, so you can't complain) we'll have to embarrassingly explain how some millions of pussies still take solace in their comforting bed time stories aka religion. It'll be a tough sell to convince them that you're not retards lol

Please explain to me how his theory of black holes emitting radiation or his theory on light speed travel through space or chemical drive, is giving back to humanity? And one more question, is a theory been proven?