Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52436 times)

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #300 on: May 18, 2011, 11:35:54 PM »
Glad somebody else has noticed that we've got a bunch of retards people who are trying really hard to sound like nobel prize winning physicists.
I wouldn't be so hard...think about it, a group of bbing enthusiasts have other interests other than weights and talking about what cycles the pros are running. You actually have some people here that can carry on a interesting convo---and if they have the incorrect info, correct them

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #301 on: May 19, 2011, 05:27:08 AM »
You still have not answered my question.

I must have missed your question, please ask again, and I will do my best to answer it.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #302 on: May 19, 2011, 05:31:24 AM »
 I can't believe so many people actually think there is a heaven.

There's absolutely no logic behind it. Besides the fairy tales written in the "holy books".

The idea that we are judged by God in the afterlife is absolutely ridiculous. It belongs in the dark ages.

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #303 on: May 19, 2011, 05:33:45 AM »

There's absolutely no logic behind it. Besides the fairy tales written in the "holy books".

The idea that we are judged by God in the afterlife is absolutely ridiculous. It belongs in the dark ages.

There's also no logic behind when YOU look in the mirror and think you work out, yet still you believe that.  ::) ::) ::)

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #304 on: May 19, 2011, 05:43:23 AM »

Funny how I can't believe there is so many people that think there is no heaven.

I think there is no logic behind it. The idea that we wouldn't face judgement is outrages. At first glance my posts seems like I'm mocking you but really all kidding aside this is how I feel.

Serious question...do you think you are smarter then me because of this?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #305 on: May 19, 2011, 05:45:38 AM »
I must have missed your question, please ask again, and I will do my best to answer it.

My question was simple: since you are a believing Christian, you must, by default, believe that your Hindu friend harbours incorrect beliefs and that Hinduism is untrue.

Is this true or not?
I hate the State.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #306 on: May 19, 2011, 05:47:13 AM »
Funny how I can't believe there is so many people that think there is no heaven.

I think there is no logic behind it. The idea that we wouldn't face judgement is outrages. At first glance my posts seems like I'm mocking you but really all kidding aside this is how I feel.

Yes I do.

Anyone who believes in the concept of heaven is either stupid or deluded by religion.

No offense, that's just what I think. I've studied every religion around the world and I think the concept of heaven and hell and judgement in the afterlife is total bullshit.

Why do you believe in it? What leads you to think it's true exactly?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #307 on: May 19, 2011, 05:48:50 AM »

Does your god approve of syringes and steroids? ???
I hate the State.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #308 on: May 19, 2011, 05:51:49 AM »
"Agnostic"...Fuck that noise.  You're just trying to hedge your bet.  You either believe or don't.  Show some testicular fortitude, kid.

Bullshit, what a ridiculous statement.  

Anyone who isn't agnostic is a fool as there is no conclusive evidence either for, or against, a creator. Though, the evidence against the need for a creator is constantly mounting. Agnostism is the only logical choice, for now.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #309 on: May 19, 2011, 05:55:33 AM »

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #310 on: May 19, 2011, 05:58:06 AM »

Anyone who isn't agnostic is a fool as there is no conclusive evidence either for, or against, a creator. Though, the evidence against the need for a creator is constantly mounting. Agnostism is the only logical choice, for now.

Agnostics are usually just functional atheists; they go through their lives never really thinking much about divinity, worrying about the possible existence or nonexistence of god rarely plays into any important decision they make. They certainly are atheistic about Zeus and Thor.

Agnostics=Just Functional Atheists
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #311 on: May 19, 2011, 05:59:51 AM »

"Agnostic"...Fuck that noise.  You're just trying to hedge your bet.  You either believe or don't.  Show some testicular fortitude, kid. Oh and the "average" Christian is about the same as the "average" Agnostic or the "average" Athesit, but the "average" muslim is a piece of shit we can all consider beneath human standards.

LOL

Theist: Agnostics and atheists are fools!

Atheist:  Theists and agnostics are fools!

Agnostic:  Atheists and theists are fools!

;D

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #312 on: May 19, 2011, 06:04:08 AM »

In the bible it says you should not lie, but not you should not use steroids to improve your physique.  ;D ;D ;D

Kim Jong Bob

• Getbig V
  • KIM JONG IL ORIGINAL BEATIFULL MAN WITH GLASSES
« Reply #313 on: May 19, 2011, 06:04:30 AM »
I think many folks do everything in their power to reason God away from their lives to avoid any form of accountability.  I don't think general "disbelief" extends much further than this simple idea.   Somehow reasoning God away removes any divine consequences for their actions and separates them from the realm of his control.  If they don't belief and reason away his existence then they're no longer subject to his control.....simple as that.    
personal question if you would mind answer, is your wife as devoted to god as you are, was she that before you found god? if not what does she think of the new man of steel?`

all your post about god sounds nuts to me but you seem to be a really happy person

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #315 on: May 19, 2011, 06:07:15 AM »
Yes I do.

Anyone who believes in the concept of heaven is either stupid or deluded by religion.

No offense, that's just what I think. I've studied every religion around the world and I think the concept of heaven and hell and judgement in the afterlife is total bullshit.

Why do you believe in it? What leads you to think it's true exactly?
I once too thought people like you were dumb but I don't anymore. How can you be dumb for something you haven't discovered yet. To answere your question is not something that's possible to answere. It's like saying why do you believe you love your daughter. As certain as I know I love my daughter is as certain as I know there is a heaven but I can't prove either.

Probably not...Are we discussing my beliefs or are we discussing my level of obedience...if so I fail miserably.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #316 on: May 19, 2011, 06:07:24 AM »
Agnostics are usually just functional atheists; they go through their lives never really thinking much about divinity, worrying about the possible existence or nonexistence of god rarely plays into any important decision they make. They certainly are atheistic about Zeus and Thor.

Agnostics=Just Functional Atheists

They could also be termed realists or rationalists.

Supporting either theism or atheism at this point in time is irrational.

*edit*

When I use the term theism, I am not referring to the creator written of in the man made myths, which is almost assuredly false, but merely addressing the notion that there was possibly a creator of the Universe. I suppose I should use the term creationism instead. Oh well, back to work.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #317 on: May 19, 2011, 06:10:01 AM »
They could also be termed realists or rationalists.

Supporting either theism or atheism at this point in time is irrational.

Semantics.
I hate the State.

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #318 on: May 19, 2011, 06:18:12 AM »
I once too thought people like you were dumb but I don't anymore. How can you be dumb for something you haven't discovered yet. To answere your question is not something that's possible to answere. It's like saying why do you believe you love your daughter. As certain as I know I love my daughter is as certain as I know there is a heaven but I can't prove either.

You are misguided and delusional.

You are not stupid. You are just plain delusional.

Reducing infinitely complex and profound things to munadane simplicities and worldly drivel. Believing you know the answers to totally unknowable things.

I think most people just do it to make themselves feel comfortable. Some people can't handle the cold and impersonal unknown. So they lie to themselves to avoid facing these realities.

YngiweRhoads

• Getbig V
  • Shreddin'
« Reply #319 on: May 19, 2011, 06:21:51 AM »
Semantics.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agnosticism

Should point out that I do agree with your earlier statement.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #320 on: May 19, 2011, 06:36:36 AM »

LOL...by this one thread I finally understand why you are so lost!  I will pray for you!

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #321 on: May 19, 2011, 06:39:25 AM »
LOL...by this one thread I finally understand why you are so lost!  I will pray for you!

Christianity is a shit religion. It and Islam are by far the two worst religions on this Earth. The self-righteousness, bullshit fairytales, and closed-mindedness of them is disgusting.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #322 on: May 19, 2011, 06:39:42 AM »
My question was simple: since you are a believing Christian, you must, by default, believe that your Hindu friend harbours incorrect beliefs and that Hinduism is untrue.

Is this true or not?

AH yes, I thought I did answer this.

But, I will again, yes of course.  I believe that my route to heaven is through my Lord and Savior, Jesus....my friend's religion does not believe that way.  So, to answer your question point blank, yes I believe there is incorrect beliefs in his religion.   Now, might I add, I have listened to different preachers of my same faith, that seem to interpret verses different, I also feel some of these folks are incorrect in their religion as well.

dogbowl

• Getbig IV
  • Team anyone except heath
« Reply #323 on: May 19, 2011, 06:42:59 AM »
Somehow reasoning God away removes any divine consequences for their actions and separates them from the realm of his control.

This sort of talk makes god sound a lot like Freddie Krueger.  But instead of him getting you in your sleep, he gets you when you're dead, and he's powerless as long as you are awake/alive.

I'm about as scared of divine consequences as I am of Armageddon occuring on the 21st of May.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #324 on: May 19, 2011, 06:47:24 AM »
Christianity is a shit religion. It and Islam are by far the two worst religions on this Earth. The self-righteousness, bullshit fairytales, and closed-mindedness of them is disgusting.

I must admit, your uneducated answers remind me of a small child lashing out for attention.  Maybe if you actually had God in your heart you wouldn't need to post such nonsense for attention and you would be satisfied to be who you are and not pretent to be all these other things.