Author Topic: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA  (Read 52443 times)

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: Stephen Hawking:'There is NO heaven; it's a fairy story'- HAHHA
« Reply #325 on: May 19, 2011, 06:52:47 AM »

I must admit, your uneducated answers remind me of a small child lashing out for attention.  Maybe if you actually had God in your heart you wouldn't need to post such nonsense for attention and you would be satisfied to be who you are and not pretent to be all these other things.

"Having God in your heart", in the Christian sense. Just means you are deluded into believing in an imaginary sky daddy.

Most people like you are nice and friendly. But the delusion is very hard to comprehend.

Take a couple hits of good acid and find out about real religion.

Super Natural

• Getbig IV
  • Repent of Soy liberalism.
« Reply #326 on: May 19, 2011, 06:59:39 AM »
What if Steven Hawkings & Jennifer Hawkings found each other sexually attractive?...

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #327 on: May 19, 2011, 07:00:27 AM »
"Having God in your hear", in the Christian sense. Just means you are deluded into believing in an imaginary sky daddy.

Most people like you are nice and friendly. But the delusion is very hard to comprehend.

Take a couple hits of good acid and find out about real religion.

Unlike you, I don't need extra attention to seek out approval from anyone, let alone people I do not know, to enjoy myself.    

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: May 19, 2011, 07:04:17 AM »
Unlike you, I don't need extra attention to seek out approval from anyone, let alone people I do not know, to enjoy myself.    

You just enjoy yourself by delusionally believing in phony Gods to get a false feeling of warmth and security.

That's much better huh?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #329 on: May 19, 2011, 07:07:38 AM »
Stephan Hawking is a great scientist but an awful philosopher.

I don't much rate his front double biceps either.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #330 on: May 19, 2011, 07:08:41 AM »
You just enjoy yourself by delusionally believing in phony Gods to get a false feeling of warmth and security.

That's much better huh?

Evidently, you don't see me on here bragging about how I look or acting like I am some sex God, or know something about everything like you.  As far as delusional, I may very well be, but I am happy in this delusional world and can you make that same claim?  ::)

And what happened to to the guy that started this thread that acted like he knew so much about physics?  Why has he not showed us all proof of Hawkin's theories?

Firemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #331 on: May 19, 2011, 07:13:31 AM »

Evidently, you don't see me on here bragging about how I look or acting like I am some sex God, or know something about everything like you.  As far as delusional, I may very well be, but I am happy in this delusional world and can you make that same claim?  ::)

You are happy because you lie yourself into happiness.

You get happiness, but sacrifice truth.

And in case you havnt noticed. I'm usually just joking around and having fun in here. Lots of things I say are sarcastic or meant as a joke. Apparently you can't tell though.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #332 on: May 19, 2011, 07:51:59 AM »

And in case you havnt noticed. I'm usually just joking around and having fun in here. Lots of things I say are sarcastic or meant as a joke. Apparently you can't tell though.

LOL....yea, you know me enough to know if I am happy or not. 

Hey bro, you got the answers, lets hear the truth, please enlighten me on your physics knowledge how we were all created.  And don't stammer along with your dribble about this is stupid or and illusion, lets here your scientific facts to back up your claims of "NO" God....you now have the floor little man:

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2011, 08:21:26 AM »
"Agnostic"...Fuck that noise.  You're just trying to hedge your bet.  You either believe or don't.  Show some testicular fortitude, kid. Oh and the "average" Christian is about the same as the "average" Agnostic or the "average" Athesit, but the "average" muslim is a piece of shit we can all consider beneath human standards.

What bet am I trying to hedge?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2011, 08:28:28 AM »
AH yes, I thought I did answer this.

But, I will again, yes of course.  I believe that my route to heaven is through my Lord and Savior, Jesus....my friend's religion does not believe that way.  So, to answer your question point blank, yes I believe there is incorrect beliefs in his religion.   Now, might I add, I have listened to different preachers of my same faith, that seem to interpret verses different, I also feel some of these folks are incorrect in their religion as well.

Aren't you obligated to tell him that?
I hate the State.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2011, 08:32:30 AM »
AH yes, I thought I did answer this.

But, I will again, yes of course.  I believe that my route to heaven is through my Lord and Savior, Jesus....my friend's religion does not believe that way.  So, to answer your question point blank, yes I believe there is incorrect beliefs in his religion.   Now, might I add, I have listened to different preachers of my same faith, that seem to interpret verses different, I also feel some of these folks are incorrect in their religion as well.

What to do... what to do..

Christianity is divided amongst itself into hundreds of sects. Each person from each sect, be it Southern Baptist, or Church of Christ, believe 100% that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

Muslims believe they are right and everyone else is wrong. Even among Muslims, there are varying beliefs.

So many widely varying beliefs about God, so many people claiming THEY know the truth and everyone else is wrong, it makes an outside observer such as myself shake his head and wonder why they can't see the silliness of it all.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2011, 08:50:20 AM »
"Just walk a righteous path, and do your own thing in your own time man".   8)

Tim Wescott-circa-1969

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2011, 08:53:06 AM »
Aren't you obligated to tell him that?

We have discussed many times actually, like adults though...no pretentious attitudes like it is a murder trial or something.  And as adults we have agreed to disagree, as often in life we have to do.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #338 on: May 19, 2011, 08:55:04 AM »
We have discussed many times actually, like adults though...no pretentious attitudes like it is a murder trial or something.  And as adults we have agreed to disagree, as often in life we have to do.

Weird.
I hate the State.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #339 on: May 19, 2011, 08:55:59 AM »
What to do... what to do..

Christianity is divided amongst itself into hundreds of sects. Each person from each sect, be it Southern Baptist, or Church of Christ, believe 100% that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

Muslims believe they are right and everyone else is wrong. Even among Muslims, there are varying beliefs.

So many widely varying beliefs about God, so many people claiming THEY know the truth and everyone else is wrong, it makes an outside observer such as myself shake his head and wonder why they can't see the silliness of it all.

So, true, but I have found that even if you have varying religious beliefs and you can communicate effectively, it leaves each person understanding of the others beliefs without it being awkward...it seems that I find, people that have trouble communicating their thoughts get frustrated and get defensive or the second most common, is people that just want to give their "opinion" with little facts or education get extremely defensive.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #340 on: May 19, 2011, 08:56:44 AM »
Weird.

Why?  Because two people can actually believe two different things and still get along?

OTHstrong

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Jasher
« Reply #341 on: May 19, 2011, 10:13:00 AM »

lol, that's why you're melting down all over the place, frustrated. BTW you haven't said anything valid.... only insults and name calling 8)

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #342 on: May 19, 2011, 10:14:03 AM »
Why?  Because two people can actually believe two different things and still get along?

Well, my understanding of Christianity is that you are duty bound to tell him the 'truth' and if he does not accept that truth, you must shun him.
I hate the State.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #343 on: May 19, 2011, 10:16:06 AM »
Well, my understanding of Christianity is that you are duty bound to tell him the 'truth' and if he does not accept that truth, you must shun him.

Uh?  I'm curious.  Where did you get this from?

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #344 on: May 19, 2011, 10:16:43 AM »
Uh?  I'm curious.  Where did you get this from?

Why would you want to spend time and be friends with someone who has heretical beliefs? ???
I hate the State.

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #345 on: May 19, 2011, 10:17:35 AM »

Where the heck did you get that from?

The Wizard

• Getbig III
  • Old School is THE School
« Reply #346 on: May 19, 2011, 10:17:56 AM »
Hawking is a genious but it doesn't take one to figure this out - Every religion has a different god and believes in different shit, so why should westerners be more right than those of Islam who murder westerners in the name of their god!
Gods were invented when humans didn't understand what caused shit - Now we know about the sun, we don't have a sun god, we don't have a moon god, rain god, etc etc etc ..... We just cling on to this final god because we don't believe that when we are dead THATS IT FOR ETERNITY.
Believers carry on if it makes you happy. I wish I could believe but my feet are firmly on the ground and I believe science and common sense.

Deicide

• Getbig V
  • Reapers...
« Reply #347 on: May 19, 2011, 10:20:09 AM »
Where the heck did you get that from?

See above post.
I hate the State.

Dr.Ill

• Getbig II
« Reply #348 on: May 19, 2011, 10:24:06 AM »

I am sorry, but I have read NO scripture to back this up?  For that matter, Jesus was being crucified on the cross and still ask forgiveness for those punishing him and non believers?  He by no means shunned anyone?

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #349 on: May 19, 2011, 10:25:02 AM »
Hawking is a genious but it doesn't take one to figure this out - Every religion has a different god and believes in different shit, so why should westerners be more right than those of Islam who murder westerners in the name of their god!
Gods were invented when humans didn't understand what caused shit - Now we know about the sun, we don't have a sun god, we don't have a moon god, rain god, etc etc etc ..... We just cling on to this final god because we don't believe that when we are dead THATS IT FOR ETERNITY.
Believers carry on if it makes you happy. I wish I could believe but my feet are firmly on the ground and I believe science and common sense.

You can believe in science and believe in God as well. Just remember, God did it. Whatever you think about- take the creation of the universe- you can delve into the quantum mechanics of it all, just remember GOD DID IT.

If you physics type folks want an interesting point to consider, let's look at gravity shall we? Take a large physical body, a planet for example. Spin the thing and it attracts other bodies toward it. Increase the density or rate of spin and this force-called gravity- becomes stronger.

So, this concept of gravity- where the heck does it come from? A large body could just as easily spin and have no effect on anything else around it.

Think for a second- every principal you see in physics had to come from somewhere. Things do not just create themselves...