Author Topic: Batman 'Dark Knight' Rises - Great movie or ???  (Read 56553 times)

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
Re: So the new Batman movie is supposed to suck
« Reply #200 on: July 22, 2012, 07:34:58 PM »
Meh. Like cephissus said; hollow feel to it all the way.
Could not make out 90 percent of what Bane was going on about and about 50 percent of the rest of the cast.

It almost seemed like I was watching a movie about the making of a Batman movie.

Although they made out he was struggling to come back and regain his former glory, I really didn't feel it. There was no real pain and anguish, sorrow nor strife.

The sound in my theater was terrible, I couldn't understand probably half the spoken dialogue and almost nothing Bane said.

arce1988

• Getbig V
  • ARCE USA USMC
Re: Just got back from Dark Knight Rises
« Reply #201 on: July 22, 2012, 09:13:35 PM »
  Good movie

Nails

• Getbig V
  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jsi5VTzJpPw
« Reply #202 on: July 22, 2012, 09:19:48 PM »

Watched it this morning , awesome movie, great script, bane was a badass villain ,it's just to bad jay cutler didnt get the bane role

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #203 on: July 22, 2012, 09:25:15 PM »
agree jay should have gotten the role, probably too aryan for the jewish menace

manuelsonn

• Getbig IV
  • Team BAN CREATINE!
« Reply #204 on: July 22, 2012, 10:57:30 PM »
it was crap, puer crap, hope this helps

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #205 on: July 22, 2012, 11:02:30 PM »
I'll pick you up at 9:00.
I already have a date but thanks.   :D

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
« Reply #206 on: July 23, 2012, 01:57:58 AM »
I already have a date but thanks.   :D

Slut!
P

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #207 on: July 23, 2012, 03:48:57 AM »
Slut!

Only if she catches a turd on the first date

smoothasf

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #208 on: July 23, 2012, 03:56:06 AM »
Fucking good film it really showed batmans character which the 2nd one forgot about despite ledger being  great. Banes  voice is good it makes him sound educated not just villainous.  anyone who doesn't like it is just trying to sound  like an expert. There was nothing unenjoyble  bout this film. Oh and catwoman.... Bravo  i was worried about it becoming cheese but she really showed her manipulation through not just sexuality but pretending to be a vulnerable female etc. Good good film

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #209 on: July 23, 2012, 04:05:50 AM »
Saw it yesterday. Liked it. Last 30-40 minutes of flick was 12 on the tension scale. Couple of quibbles. Bane's voice was awful - sounded like someone doing an impression of Gielgud on helium. And the script, while literate/intelligent, etc. just tried to tie together everything, or tried to make sense of everything -ie. what was then a lie, is now the truth, and will then be revealed later to again be a lie. My head was swimming at times trying to catch up with the plot lines. Oh, and the extended finale was really, really good. All in all, a fun Summer movie.

Tito24

• Getbig V
  • I'm a large man but.. one with a plan
« Reply #210 on: July 23, 2012, 07:20:31 AM »

G_Thang

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies!
« Reply #211 on: July 23, 2012, 07:22:47 AM »

You can tell from the side facial profile and mane she's a beautiful ethnic.  Nails was poster of the year in 2011 with his racial humor.  you are leading the way with your photos in 2012.

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #212 on: July 23, 2012, 07:46:59 AM »
Are you saying that booty's other nick name is porta potty?  And that she uses that blue toilet water as perfume and wears a urinal puck charm around her neck just in case she meets a hot (short tattoed face midget) guy?

Would you like a receipt with that fail D-ware?

BigCyp

• Getbig V
« Reply #213 on: July 23, 2012, 07:49:04 AM »

No thank you.

Ok, have a nice day  ;D

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #214 on: July 23, 2012, 12:27:02 PM »
Didn't like it that much.  I felt they tried to cram too much into one movie, which resulted in a jerky, hollow feeling film.

I thought bane was terrible.  From his voice (wtf didn't know deckard cain joined the league of shadows) to his guy-than-life proportions, I didn't think he was intimidating at all.  Bane scared the shit out of me when I watched the cartoon as a kid.  Almost seemed comical in this movie.

The hand to hand combat and such was just laughable for the most part (that said, anne hatheway's scenes were good).  Avengers set a new standard with its incredible cgi fight scenes, leaving batman in the dust like i knew it would.  There's just no place in the world anymore for Christian Bale's clunky ass trying to throw combinations at an equally languid Tom Hardy.

My least favorite of the three.  Still not a bad movie by any means, and I can't say it was a disappointment since I didn't expect much after the trailer.

;D

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #215 on: July 23, 2012, 12:27:59 PM »
The batman animation was serious business. The Clayface story was especially scary.

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #216 on: July 23, 2012, 01:28:15 PM »
;D

haha i'm so glad at least one other person got that

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel
« Reply #217 on: July 23, 2012, 01:32:21 PM »
haha i'm so glad at least one other person got that

it was spot on, bane had a very cultured voice in the film. have you played diablo 3?

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: July 23, 2012, 01:38:17 PM »
it was spot on, bane had a very cultured voice in the film. have you played diablo 3?

yeah, definitely.  my first thought was "holy shit deckard's back!"

my second was, "when's he gonna ask bale about mephisto's soulstone???"

also I forgot about that clayface character.  some of the other stories were quite scary as well... when batman loses his memory and gets trapped on this southern plantation type place, forced to sweat to death in an iron box is one that comes to mind.  the bit involving children forced into subterranean slavery beneath gotham was another (thought the orphanage bit in dkr might have been a reference to this?).  but of course any time bane stepped onto the screen, i couldn't help but go delirious thinking batman had to get out of there immediately -- this was totally missing from dkr for me.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #219 on: July 23, 2012, 01:39:45 PM »

LMFAO

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #220 on: July 23, 2012, 01:40:37 PM »
LMFAO

hahahahahahah this is an absolute classic

Raymondo

• Getbig V
  • I broke Excel

cephissus

• Getbig V
« Reply #222 on: July 23, 2012, 01:50:40 PM »

haha this is the one i was actually thinking of

MikMaq

« Reply #223 on: July 23, 2012, 02:07:39 PM »
Eight out of ten, where the ten point scale is used as it ought to be and a five is average.

I'm not sure how one could make a better movie about a man in a tight rubber suit flying around that still manages to maintain an air of seriousness and handles a variety of themes convincingly. Maybe my theatre was better equipped but I was able to decipher 90%+ of what Bain said, and the lost dialogue wasn't enough to alter the overall quality of the film (most of what I couldn't hear was interspersed among fight scenes, so I doubt it was essential).

I'm confident that my not reading anything about the movie nor fostering any expectations made it much more enjoyable. What exactly were the people who were disappointed expecting?
The biggest problem was the movie wasn't focused, it was almost as if the star power of each character over powered there roles. Gary oldman, michael cain, that jew kid, and cat woman got way to much face time. It didn't fit right.
Also the movie failed to explain bane enough he was very good granted but his role just showed him a one dimensional crackpot, although his motivations were explained they came out of nowhere at the last minute.

Catwoman was great as anne hathoway's lack of personality made cat woman seem more realistic. Instead of a sex kitten, she was a true sociopath, the way cat woman should be.

Nails

• Getbig V
« Reply #224 on: July 23, 2012, 03:22:12 PM »
agree jay should have gotten the role, probably too Caucasian for the jewish menace

exactly, jayson would have sealed that role up if he sent Nolan his Audition tape

"YOUR KIIIIIILLLLLLLINGGGGG IIIIIIITTTTTTTTT"