Author Topic: Your Not Lifting Unless Your Lifting for GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 53387 times)

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Your Not Lifting Unless Your Lifting for GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #250 on: March 29, 2006, 10:06:11 AM »

Indeed..But science CORRECTS itself and changes what has been disproven. Science is "Self correcting" by nature.

When was the last time they edited the bible when something in it had been refuted or shown to be untrue? lol!
never because the bible was written in english

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #251 on: March 29, 2006, 10:07:07 AM »
there are good christians and bad ones

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #252 on: March 29, 2006, 11:40:47 AM »
never because the bible was written in english

The Bible was firstly written in Hebrew(Old testament) and kione greek(New testament). Translated to latin and german and english later on.

Never have they went in and changed and edited or took out parts of the bible because it had been refuted. When we found out we evolved from other animals did they change genesis 1? No. When we found out there was never a "global flood" did they change the noah flood story? Nope.

Science always corrects itself.

When we found out newtonian physics was not absolutely right did we change it? Yes Einstein did.

When we found out mars did not have artifical canals did we change it? yes we did.

When frauds or hoaxes are put up as science what happens? Other SCIENTISTS refute them.

In science as new observations are made past theories are changed. If we were to observe something new in nature we would CHANGE AND CORRECT our ideas.

Here's how the scientifc method works in simple easy steps...

Define the question
Gather information and resources
Form hypothesis
Perform experiment and collect data
Analyze data
Interpret data and draw conclusions that serve as a starting point for new hypotheses
Publish results

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Once you define your question,gather information and form a hypothesis..You TEST IT.

In essence you throw the hypothesis against a brick wall to determine if it's solid. If it's not solid then you pick up pieces of the hypothesis and put them back together stronger correcting the past mistakes. If the hypothesis is solid..It's the piecies of the wall you'll be picking up!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #253 on: March 29, 2006, 12:06:13 PM »

The Bible was firstly written in Hebrew(Old testament) and kione greek(New testament). Translated to latin and german and english later on.

Never have they went in and changed and edited or took out parts of the bible because it had been refuted. When we found out we evolved from other animals did they change genesis 1? No. When we found out there was never a "global flood" did they change the noah flood story? Nope.

Science always corrects itself.

When we found out newtonian physics was not absolutely right did we change it? Yes Einstein did.

When we found out mars did not have artifical canals did we change it? yes we did.

When frauds or hoaxes are put up as science what happens? Other SCIENTISTS refute them.

In science as new observations are made past theories are changed. If we were to observe something new in nature we would CHANGE AND CORRECT our ideas.

Here's how the scientifc method works in simple easy steps...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scientific_method

Once you define your question,gather information and form a hypothesis..You TEST IT.

In essence you throw the hypothesis against a brick wall to determine if it's solid. If it's not solid then you pick up pieces of the hypothesis and put them back together stronger correcting the past mistakes. If the hypothesis is solid..It's the piecies of the wall you'll be picking up!

Your logic makes no sense. Humans do not evolve from monkey maybe only you from a pig. Look at bodybuilder... they have evolved their way of training and gear and look at the results... it seems that everything got lost in the quest for mass. Proportion, shape, symetry do you think that guts are a good thing?
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #254 on: March 29, 2006, 01:56:36 PM »
Your logic makes no sense.

How so?

Humans do not evolve from monkey maybe only you from a pig.

Never said they did. Humans and monkeys have a common ancestor about 1 million years ago.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/library/faq/cat02.html

Look at bodybuilder... they have evolved their way of training and gear and look at the results... it seems that everything got lost in the quest for mass. Proportion, shape, symetry do you think that guts are a good thing?

Bodybuilders did not "Evolve" in the biological sense of the term. They just changed. Individuals don't evolve. Populations do.

Do some research on evolution before making a fool of yourself junior.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #255 on: March 29, 2006, 02:09:00 PM »
Johnny Apollo - I really wouldn't bother.  When you are brainwashed to a certain degree it is quite similar to a mind virus.  This goes for any type of brainwashing, not just religion.  Politics is another popular brainwashing topic.

Possibly...Although I have hope.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #256 on: March 29, 2006, 02:39:36 PM »
You'll never convince the person you're arguing with, but you might just convince the fence-sitter who is observing but not participating in the argument.

I agree with you on the convincing part, we'll never convince each other and I'll never convince an atheist until he/she finds out on their own. But like I said before, you and I have gone back and forth for years on this subject for years so I refused along time ago to go indepth on this subject, so I'm the last one to be called a "fence-sitter". Johnny's a blowhard who refuses to look at facts and findings that coinside with the Bible. I'm done, this thread is giving be a headache (from banging my head againt the wall)!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #257 on: March 29, 2006, 02:43:34 PM »
Johnny's a blowhard who refuses to look at facts and findings that coinside with the Bible. I'm done, this thread is giving be a headache (from banging my head againt the wall)!

What facts? You haven't provided any? All you have done is CLAIM you have provided facts and then said you're done with the thread(Several times might I add).

I'm waiting for some evidence. I still haven't seen any.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #258 on: March 29, 2006, 03:38:22 PM »
What facts? You haven't provided any? All you have done is CLAIM you have provided facts and then said you're done with the thread(Several times might I add).

I'm waiting for some evidence. I still haven't seen any.

I have a job, I don't have time to write novels for posts. Along time ago before you even knew about this board there was about a 20 page thread on this subject and it was an intellegent, no name calling thread. The atheists had their arguements we had ours, I went indepth on apolgetics and they went indepth on their arguements. Bottom line we wound up not getting anywhere but it was a great thread. Johnny if you CLAIM to know apologetics then you do know (whether you will admit it or not) that their have been archological finds that match the date's of the Bible. And you would also know that the Arc could be quite real (the explaination is long but absolutly make sense) and the same some of the other things found in the Bible. Hey Johnny, you know apologetics you should know this stuff whether you belive it or not.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #259 on: March 29, 2006, 04:50:10 PM »
I have a job, I don't have time to write novels for posts. Along time ago before you even knew about this board there was about a 20 page thread on this subject and it was an intellegent, no name calling thread. The atheists had their arguements we had ours, I went indepth on apolgetics and they went indepth on their arguements. Bottom line we wound up not getting anywhere but it was a great thread. Johnny if you CLAIM to know apologetics then you do know (whether you will admit it or not) that their have been archological finds that match the date's of the Bible. And you would also know that the Arc could be quite real (the explaination is long but absolutly make sense) and the same some of the other things found in the Bible. Hey Johnny, you know apologetics you should know this stuff whether you belive it or not.

People are not disputing that large parts of the Bible are historically accurate. They are disputing the supernatural parts and the parts that contradict current scientific knowledge. Parts of the Bible being historically accurate in no way means that the disputed parts are true.

War-Horse

• Getbig V
« Reply #260 on: March 29, 2006, 06:40:20 PM »
Actually the bible has been heavily edited.  For instance in original texts (hebrew) the tetragram YHWH (Yahweh or Jehovah, appears 6,843 times, yet is reduced to once at PS 83:18.  So who do you think started this superstition that saying Gods name was unspeakable???  When in fact the ALMIGHTY said his NAME is to be praised......However the bible's message remains true and he can be found in it.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #261 on: March 29, 2006, 08:11:40 PM »

All I see is you CLAIMING more nonsense but backing it up with NOTHING. You claim the evidence is there, Yet you make excuses as to why you won't present it. You claim this and that yet you make excuses about having no time to provide it. That's NO WAY TO DEBATE. Either put up the evidence or stop taking up space in this thread with your bullshit.

I'm about sick of you claiming that you have provided evidence in other threads or you have done this or done that yet you won't provide any proof here and now.

Know why the other thread went so long? I wasn't there with my undeniable logic to stop you crazy religious nuts in your tracks. Notice how you're the only one who continues to post in this thread...Anytime a crazy religious nut makes a post..I refute it point blank!

Bast175

« Reply #262 on: March 29, 2006, 08:14:18 PM »
Johnny why do you seem so angry?

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #263 on: March 29, 2006, 08:17:25 PM »
Actually the bible has been heavily edited.  For instance in original texts (hebrew) the tetragram YHWH (Yahweh or Jehovah, appears 6,843 times, yet is reduced to once at PS 83:18.  So who do you think started this superstition that saying Gods name was unspeakable???  When in fact the ALMIGHTY said his NAME is to be praised......However the bible's message remains true and he can be found in it.

What "Original texts"? There are no original copies of the old or new testament. Everything we have are copies of copies of copies of copies...Even the earliest manuscripts.

No one said "god's name"(The hebrew god had many various names including "Elohim") was unspeakable. However the hebrew bible said that you should not speak it in "vein" I.E. vein repetitions of prayer.

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #264 on: March 29, 2006, 08:19:49 PM »

Not angry...Just bitch slapping the christians with reason & logic.

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #265 on: March 29, 2006, 08:20:45 PM »

He is probably sick of the fact that people ignore his well written posts and then continue to argue with hm about points that have long ago been refuted. Imagine having kids and having to tell them the same thing over and over.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #266 on: March 29, 2006, 08:22:41 PM »
hahaha I don't even read anything Apollo Posts!
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #267 on: March 29, 2006, 08:31:34 PM »
hahaha I don't even read anything Apollo Posts!

It isn't like your tiny brain could comprehend what I'm saying anyway.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #268 on: March 29, 2006, 08:35:11 PM »

It isn't like your tiny brain could comprehend what I'm saying anyway.

Its just that I can't hear you when you talk with a mouthfull!
just push some weight!

LuciusFox

• Getbig V
« Reply #269 on: March 29, 2006, 08:36:47 PM »

You don't have to hear on a message board. You just have to read ;D

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #270 on: March 29, 2006, 08:37:21 PM »

I don't see how that would matter since this is a MESSAGE BOARD!

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #271 on: March 29, 2006, 08:38:46 PM »

I don't see how that would matter since this is a MESSAGE BOARD!

Exactly! You can't see so why do you reply giberish?
just push some weight!

Johnny Apollo

« Reply #272 on: March 29, 2006, 08:40:12 PM »
Exactly! You can't see so why do you reply giberish?

That made absolutely no sense.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #273 on: March 29, 2006, 08:42:31 PM »

That made absolutely no sense.

I killed sense a long time ago...
just push some weight!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #274 on: March 29, 2006, 11:38:48 PM »

All I see is you CLAIMING more nonsense but backing it up with NOTHING. You claim the evidence is there, Yet you make excuses as to why you won't present it. You claim this and that yet you make excuses about having no time to provide it. That's NO WAY TO DEBATE. Either put up the evidence or stop taking up space in this thread with your bullshit.

I'm about sick of you claiming that you have provided evidence in other threads or you have done this or done that yet you won't provide any proof here and now.

Know why the other thread went so long? I wasn't there with my undeniable logic to stop you crazy religious nuts in your tracks. Notice how you're the only one who continues to post in this thread...Anytime a crazy religious nut makes a post..I refute it point blank!

Johnny, STFU. I've been there and done that. Like I said Bud, you claim to the apologetics expert so this info should be common knowledge since these questions are so frequently asked. I don't have time to be on here ALL DAY and debate, crap, I can "refute" you all day long and I guarantee if we were face to face I can bury so far deep with info you wouldn't know what hit you. Don't think just because someone doesn't answer you in a post you won the arguement............thi s is an arguement that cannot be won by anyone. I have studied both sides of this issue and the evidence is overwhelming on the Christian side. You "claim" you read the books by Lee Stroble and frankly I think (and yes I'm being judgemental) you're full of crap. With the eveidence and research he presented (and him being a former atheist just like you) you would have have to do the same kind of research he did to refute it took him years yet you seem to be able to do it in a GetBig thread. Get over it son, you have your beliefs and I have mine, we'll never come to an agreement because you don't have the mental capacity to carry on a thread without name calling if someone disagrees with you. Basically, you nor science has proven a thing. When science has to correct their mistakes that often it just means that means they can't get it right the first time and unlike God!!