Author Topic: New York Spankees well upon their way to being outta the post-season.  (Read 10635 times)

Purge_WTF

Bottom of the eigth inning and the Tigers are ahead by seven runs. Gotta love it.  :D ;D 8)

My money's still on Detroit to win it all.

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
Re: New York Spankees well upon their way to being outta the post-season.
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 04:13:03 PM »
Looks like that $250,000,000 payroll was money well spent.
Next year they'll probably spend $300,000,000.   ::)

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 04:17:05 PM »
I'm from Minnesota, so I'm a little heartbroken right now......but yeah Detroit looks real good against a lineup that should be scoring way more than one run.....AGOD may not be back next year?  Either way, Detroit/Oakland should be a great series and either way the AL is gonna take the series.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 04:18:22 PM »
Torre needs to get fired. period. doesnt know the meaning of "bunt". They dont steal enough bases either.

Damon, Jeter, Abraeu, A-Rod, Giambi, Matsui, Cano ect....they have the talent to beat anyone

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 04:21:09 PM »
Torre needs to get fired. period. doesnt know the meaning of "bunt". They dont steal enough bases either.

Damon, Jeter, Abraeu, A-Rod, Giambi, Matsui, Cano ect....they have the talent to beat anyone

You realize he's won 4 World Series rings with them don't you?

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2006, 04:21:56 PM »
I love it!   :D

;)

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #6 on: October 07, 2006, 04:22:38 PM »
I wish I was there.....I got to go the last game of the regular season...Seems like everyone I know had tickets to this series.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #7 on: October 07, 2006, 04:28:13 PM »
   Tigers just won it. Good job, guys.

A-Roid looked like he wanted to cry. Awwwwww!  :D

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #8 on: October 07, 2006, 04:30:56 PM »
I wanted to cry...I haven't seen the Tigers in the playoffs for 19 years (& I barely remember 87 but 84's a little more clear).

body88

« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2006, 04:32:52 PM »
AHHAHAHA I LOVE IT!!!!!!  THE BEST LINEUP EVER???? HAHAHA OWNED BY THE DETRIOT TIGERS!!!!!!

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2006, 04:39:28 PM »
AHHAHAHA I LOVE IT!!!!!!  THE BEST LINEUP EVER???? HAHAHA OWNED BY THE DETRIOT TIGERS!!!!!!

They got their asses kicked. Holy Schit, Detroit DESTROYED the New York Chokees.

body88

« Reply #11 on: October 07, 2006, 04:45:11 PM »
Hahaha not only that where was the MVP Jeter to save the day aaahahahhaha. Ortiz has more rbi's , hr's , better obp and like 300 more homeruns. Not to mention he had 13 game winning hits. Jeter is considered a sub par ss so playing the field dont help his argument. Who won the mvp on a last place team? Arod.. Ortiz team finished 3rd. Anyone who watched the sox knows that was due to injury and bad luck. Jeter isn't even the best ss on the Yankees. Arod has better numbers hahaah. Not only that 3 guys have over 100 rbi's on the lineup. The cheapest bat on that shithole is like 15 million bucks lol. Real hard to have good numbers on that lineup ::) Ha ha I love it... Choke squad

I cannot believe they outspend the sox by 90 million dollars and get eliminated in the first round. They outspend Detroit by what? 160 million ahaha. Not only that they where destroyed. At least the sox could say there entire starting lineup was out and one of there best pitchers got cancer!!!!!!!!

Have another good year Goergie.... Good luck with the new staduim and extra money.. Wont help ya any :-* :-* :-*

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #12 on: October 07, 2006, 04:46:12 PM »
omg.  im either gonna jump off of a bridge or drink myself to death after this loss. i cant handle another div series exit.  i guess i will just drink/drug myself to death
Valhalla awaits.

blinky

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2006, 04:50:28 PM »
i almost cried tears of joy. not cause i like the tigers, but cause i cant stand the yankees.

another early exit  ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2006, 04:59:25 PM »

Ass-backwards; these "pros" didn't deliver (again); Torre has, though he may not have the ability to motivate this group. Johnson i don't count; at that age the only surprise was thinking he had anything left as a starter.

body88

« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2006, 05:02:56 PM »

The supposed best linup ever was totally shut down. It is all about pitching. The Yankees  have none. Not to mention how overrated the whole freking team is. They arent shit. Spend that much/have that kind off lineup you better get out of the first round.

There are alot of pissed of new yorkers tonight.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2006, 05:04:55 PM »
I wish the Spankees a loooong, demented off season.. ;D

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2006, 05:21:56 PM »

The Yankees  have none. Not to mention how overrated the whole freking team is. They arent shit.

they beat the trash out of the red sox this season.

body88

« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2006, 05:29:20 PM »
they beat the trash out of the red sox this season.

Haha the red sox? The entire starting lineup was injured. Half the team was out for that last series. The red sox where in first place most all the year. You do know at one point the entire starting lineup was injured pretty much.Get a clue god boy.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2006, 05:30:42 PM »
i love the yanks, but this time. i hope their plane crashes on the way home

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 05:31:20 PM »
I love it!

keep spending Steinbrenner..........

Now, I just want to see the Foreskins (Redskins) fall flat on their asses as well.............. ;D
HAHA, RON.....

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 05:33:22 PM »
You guys think the Tigers are impressive, wait till you see my Lions go 12 and 4.
E

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 12:27:26 AM »
You guys think the Tigers are impressive, wait till you see my Lions go 12 and 4.

I'd be happy with 4 & 12.

Flex 215

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2006, 02:30:12 AM »
Haha the red sox? The entire starting lineup was injured. Half the team was out for that last series. The red sox where in first place most all the year. You do know at one point the entire starting lineup was injured pretty much.Get a clue god boy.

Hey Body88, the Yankees didn't have Sheffield or Matsui for most of the year, and Cano was out for a month during this too. And the Yankees were hanging with a then healthy Red Sox team, playing rookies like Melky Cabrera, Aaron Guile, and Andy Phillips. Plus Carl Pavano, who was suppossed to be their 5th starter, never threw a pitch in the majors this year, while Dotel, their best set-up guy, was only healthy a month.
             And other than Varitek, the Red Sox didn't really have many injuries until after the "Boston Massacre" 5 game sweep in August, when the Yankees took a 6 and a half game lead. Now I will admit that no Varitek is huge, not just in the lineup, but calling the game from behind the plate.
            You make a great point about pitching being what wins in the post-season, and that the Yankees did not have enough.
But you also said Jeter is considered sub par defensively at shortstop.     If not for all the bullshit theories of True Addonis in the last month, this would be the all time dumbest statement ever on GetBig !  You asked where was he in this series? He was 8 for 16, and Posada was 7 for 14. A-Rod, sheffield and Giambi were a combined 3 for like 33, but you cannot fault Jeter.
            Yeah the Yankees were embarrased this week, but at least they wer still playing baseball. The Red Sox finished 3rd in the division this year too, a game behind Toronto. So maybe you should get a clue!

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2006, 02:35:37 AM »
I'd be happy with 4 & 12.

Fellow Michigander?
E