Author Topic: College Football Fans  (Read 28836 times)

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
Re: College Football Fans
« Reply #175 on: September 03, 2007, 10:01:40 AM »
What happened to Marlon Lucky in the offseason?

not really sure. he passed out or something, but it was never really revealed what exactly happened.
Go Big Red!!!

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #176 on: September 04, 2007, 11:23:28 AM »
Colt Brennan picked up where he left off last season:  34 for 40 (3 drops), 416 yards, 6 TDs, 34 yards rushing.  All in the first half.  He sat out the second half.   

I felt sorry for Northern Colorado.  They're really bad and they faced the top offense in college football.  We scored 4 TDs in the first quarter.  They didn't score till late in the fourth against our third string D.   

The train is just leaving the station.   
Those are huge states for an ENTIRE GAME!!!  So, I was blown away when I heard the guy on ESPN say Colt had done this in one half!!!!!   I actually coughed on my drink when I hear him say that.  Good grief!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

If he keeps putting up numbers like this, they HAVE to put a couple of games on national tv. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #177 on: September 04, 2007, 11:37:18 AM »
Those are huge states for an ENTIRE GAME!!!  So, I was blown away when I heard the guy on ESPN say Colt had done this in one half!!!!!   I actually coughed on my drink when I hear him say that.  Good grief!!!!  :o :o :o :o :o

If he keeps putting up numbers like this, they HAVE to put a couple of games on national tv. 

He can actually play better.  He missed a couple WRs. 

I think we have three games on ESPN?  Fresno, Boise, and Washington.  Try and watch if you can.  This is a special group of kids. 

Our defense is good too.  We held Northern Colorado to less than 50 yards in the first half.  They didn't cross the 50 till about the fourth quarter, aided by a 15 yard penalty after we had stopped them on 3 and long. 

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #178 on: September 04, 2007, 01:49:58 PM »
northern colorado is a div 1-aa team that was 1-10 last season.  ;D in case you were wondering
Go Big Red!!!

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #179 on: September 04, 2007, 01:54:42 PM »
September 15th is going to be great. Watching the Huskers get smashed by the USC juggernaut.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #180 on: September 04, 2007, 02:10:56 PM »
northern colorado is a div 1-aa team that was 1-10 last season.  ;D in case you were wondering

I wasn't wondering.  They are a terrible football team.  But I said that already.   :)  Like it really matters.  We moved the ball and scored at will on pretty much everyone we played last year.  For example, Colt was 33-of-48 for 434 yards and three TDs against Purdue, and we scored 41 points and piled up 680 yards on the 26th ranked D in the country (ASU).  In the ASU game, Colt passed for over 500 yards, including 5 TDs in the second half, with one dropped TD pass in the first half.  Unless you have blinders on, you'll see a pattern.   :)

In other words, what Colt and UH did to lowly Northern Colorado, we did pretty much all season last year.  I don't see us slowing down anytime soon.  I have the Boise game circled on my calendar.   :) 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #181 on: September 04, 2007, 02:39:18 PM »
Ohhhhhh my friend.. I don't think hope you guys will have 500 yards on us... The defense doesn't allow that. Cmon man. It will be 24-28 BSU.. that is my guess... Want to predict the score at the begining of the season and see who comes the closet.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #182 on: September 04, 2007, 02:58:48 PM »
Ohhhhhh my friend.. I don't think hope you guys will have 500 yards on us... The defense doesn't allow that. Cmon man. It will be 24-28 BSU.. that is my guess... Want to predict the score at the begining of the season and see who comes the closet.

I'm not very good at predicting scores, but I will eat my Forty-Niner, Laker, and UH hats if Boise holds us to 24 points at Aloha Stadium.  No way that happens. 

I'll just go on record as saying I think UH wins.  I don't care if it's by 1 point or 21 points (although I always like blowouts).  Remember we lost by 1 TD at Boise last year and almost beat you guys at Aloha Stadium two years ago with a bad team.   

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #183 on: September 04, 2007, 08:01:37 PM »
September 15th is going to be great. Watching the Huskers get smashed by the USC juggernaut.

If that juggernaut plays the way in Lincoln that they did at home against Idaho the game will be over in the first half and the Trojan bandwagon fans will not be happy.
Go Big Red!!!

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #184 on: September 04, 2007, 08:02:49 PM »
I'm not very good at predicting scores, but I will eat my Forty-Niner, Laker, and UH hats if Boise holds us to 24 points at Aloha Stadium.  No way that happens. 

how many fans does Aloha stadium hold? how full does it get for an average game?
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #185 on: September 04, 2007, 08:25:57 PM »
how many fans does Aloha stadium hold? how full does it get for an average game?

Sore subject.  Holds 50,000.  We average about 30-35,000.  A "good" opponent during a "good" season will draw 40-50,000.  We had 36,000 on Saturday night.  When we get at least 45,000 the place literally rocks.  So loud we make opposing teams call timeouts because they cannot hear.  Huge advantage.

Unfortunately, we have some fair weather fans and a lot of very old season ticket holders.  Take up many of the good seats.  Show up late, leave early.  I've scolded our people many times about this.  We have over 800,000 people on this island and, for the most part, we are the only game in town on Saturday nights.  It's a shame that places like Alabama, Tennessee . . . Idaho can sell out every week regardless of opponent, but we can't get 40,000 most nights.  We sold out Purdue and Oregon State last year. 

The students don't support the team either.  The stadium isn't on campus, but the school gives them free tickets and sometimes provides transportation to and from the games.

I'm part of that loyal, loud 30,000 that shows up rain or shine, win or lose, year after year.     

Okay.  Off my soap box.     

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #186 on: September 05, 2007, 11:42:29 AM »
No matter what level of competition, it's still an amazing accomplishment to hold your opponent to 50 total yards over two periods.  You figure that's anywhere from 25-40 offensive plays (assuming the opposing team put up points like Hawaii did last week).  That's alot of 3-and-outs in one half.  You figure at least 1-3 of those 25-40 plays is gonna go for more 10 yards. 

body88

« Reply #187 on: September 05, 2007, 03:47:52 PM »
Anyone give a shat about the acc round here  ??? ;D ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #188 on: September 08, 2007, 12:33:28 AM »
Posted on: Friday, September 7, 2007
Colt Brennan earns national honor

By Stephen Tsai
Advertiser Staff Writer

HOUSTON — From the Texas heat and humidity emerged this cold fact: Hawai'i quarterback Colt Brennan was the people's choice for the first week of the college football season.

In fan voting, Brennan was named the AT&T All-America National Player of the Week.

"I'm happy," Brennan said following last night's team dinner. "That's what's really cool when the fans vote for you. I got a lot of love from the fans last year. That's really cool, and I appreciate it."

Brennan received 45 percent of the votes, besting Appalachian State quarterback Armani Edwards (37 percent).

"Any honor is a nice honor," UH head coach June Jones said. "Let's hope they keep coming in."

. . .

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070907/SPORTS0201/709070374/1032&template=UHsports

body88

« Reply #189 on: September 08, 2007, 02:46:23 PM »
Jags and the eagles are purting a whoopin on Tommny boy and NC state right now. Imo a healthy Matt Ryan makes a case as the best qb in the NCAA. His injuries killed him last year.

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #190 on: September 08, 2007, 10:23:03 PM »
Anyone give a shat about the acc round here  ??? ;D ;)

I do. I'm an FSU fan.

Looks like it is going to be a long year  :'(

Doug_Steele

• Getbig V
  • I'm totally Brolic, bro!
« Reply #191 on: September 09, 2007, 09:16:16 AM »
I do. I'm an FSU fan.

Looks like it is going to be a long year  :'(

Nah...your team will be better this year bro.....just be glad your team is not in a rebuild mode....and on the + side you guys got a 5* qb, 5* lb and are gonna be even better than you already are on defense next year...i never understood why no good qb's came in the last few years...i remember you had a 5* wr who was kicked out of school for some reason...Fred Rouse....Florida State will be back....i love watching your d especially Myron Rollle....i thought we had him but he wanted to come down here
D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #192 on: September 09, 2007, 03:36:18 PM »
I have always like UH since I moved here.  They are awesome to watch.  They work great as a "team".  Colt is just unreal.  He is a very good candidate for the Heisman this year.  In fact I will say he wins it this year (just to be a rebel).  I can't believe the numbers he puts up.  Just staggering.  I am moving this week back to the mainland but will definitely always support UH. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #193 on: September 09, 2007, 08:52:42 PM »
I have always like UH since I moved here.  They are awesome to watch.  They work great as a "team".  Colt is just unreal.  He is a very good candidate for the Heisman this year.  In fact I will say he wins it this year (just to be a rebel).  I can't believe the numbers he puts up.  Just staggering.  I am moving this week back to the mainland but will definitely always support UH. 

We will miss you big guy.   :'(  Have a safe trip.  Don't forget to invite me to the grand opening of the new gym.  :)

I almost had a heart attack yesterday.  Great game.  Colt was off, but still passed for 4 TDs, over 500 yards, and ran for a score.  We'll win a lot of games if we can play like that on the road and still win.

I think WR Jason Rivers is moving himself up draft boards. 

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #194 on: September 10, 2007, 09:51:01 AM »
We will miss you big guy.   :'(  Have a safe trip.  Don't forget to invite me to the grand opening of the new gym.  :)

I almost had a heart attack yesterday.  Great game.  Colt was off, but still passed for 4 TDs, over 500 yards, and ran for a score.  We'll win a lot of games if we can play like that on the road and still win.

I think WR Jason Rivers is moving himself up draft boards. 

Yeah you guys had a rough game.. Not nearly as rough as ours.. We couldn't do a damn thing..

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #195 on: September 10, 2007, 10:48:16 AM »
Yeah you guys had a rough game.. Not nearly as rough as ours.. We couldn't do a damn thing..

Tough loss.  At least it wasn't a conference game.  Looks like they held Ian Johnson in check. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #196 on: September 10, 2007, 11:39:12 AM »
Updated at 7:21 a.m., Monday, September 10, 2007

UH's Brennan, Kelly earn weekly WAC honors

Advertiser Staff

For the second week in a row, University of Hawai'i quarterback Colt Brennan received a Western Athletic Conference weekly honor.
This time, though, he was joined by teammate Dan Kelly as both helped UH defeat Louisiana Tech in overtime, 45-44, in Ruston, La.

Brennan, who passed for 548 yards and four touchdowns and rushed for another score, was named WAC Offensive Player of the Week.

Kelly, who kicked a game-tying 49-yard field goal with 1:34 left in regulation, earned WAC Special Teams Player of the Week.

Brennan won the honor last week after completing 34 of 40 passes for 416 yards and six touchdowns against Northern Colorado.

Against Louisiana Tech, Brennan completed 43 of 61 passes. His 43 completions set a school single-game record while the 548 yards were the second most in school history. He holds the record with 559 yards against Arizona State.

Brennan has thrown for more than 400 yards in eight straight games, and he has tied the NCAA record for most consecutive games with at least 200 yards with 28.

Brennan earned weekly WAC honors three times last season.

. . .

http://the.honoluluadvertiser.com/article/2007/Sep/10/br/br6482750931.html

CARTEL

• Getbig V
  • Have a good time, all the time.
« Reply #197 on: September 10, 2007, 06:16:55 PM »
Nah...your team will be better this year bro.....just be glad your team is not in a rebuild mode....and on the + side you guys got a 5* qb, 5* lb and are gonna be even better than you already are on defense next year...i never understood why no good qb's came in the last few years...i remember you had a 5* wr who was kicked out of school for some reason...Fred Rouse....Florida State will be back....i love watching your d especially Myron Rollle....i thought we had him but he wanted to come down here

I hope you are right. Once they get settled in the new offence they should be a little better. Their tackling has been atrocious so far this year though.

I did see they have some really good commits for next year. Thanks for the kind words.

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #198 on: September 13, 2007, 08:36:31 PM »
florida state has lost it's swagger. i'm no fsu fan and i really dislike miami, but that game was one i always looked forward to watching every college football season. the last few years it's been a sloppy pathetic display of football.

washington is going to only get stronger over the next couple years. their QB going to be a big time stud.

i think Hawaii might have already blown their BCS chances. if they keep playing D like that even with a perfect record i don't think they get into a BCS bowl game.

biggest game since the 2002 rose bowl for Nebraska this weekend. first game of the season i can actually watch. the Big Red shock the college football world this weekend.
Go Big Red!!!

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #199 on: September 14, 2007, 07:56:28 AM »
florida state has lost it's swagger. i'm no fsu fan and i really dislike miami, but that game was one i always looked forward to watching every college football season. the last few years it's been a sloppy pathetic display of football.

washington is going to only get stronger over the next couple years. their QB going to be a big time stud.

i think Hawaii might have already blown their BCS chances. if they keep playing D like that even with a perfect record i don't think they get into a BCS bowl game.

biggest game since the 2002 rose bowl for Nebraska this weekend. first game of the season i can actually watch. the Big Red shock the college football world this weekend.

We shall see I think that USC has to put up or shut up this game.. If they lose they better drop to the 20 spot... I don't think that you guys will take it.. I hope you do, I am the biggest USC hater on the face of the earth.. They lost a game last year and still got to play in the biggest game of the year..