Author Topic: Vinnie Jones in X-MEN: THE LAST STAND  (Read 8557 times)

El_Spiko

• Getbig III
  • The freaky-geeky
Re: Vinnie Jones in X-MEN: THE LAST STAND
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2006, 03:59:39 PM »
Canon :)  That's not a term bandied about here too often.  I love it! :D  (Note to self:  don't reveal anything to Getbig about my distinctly non-canon Nerys and Odo fanfics!)
:o
I min/max my physique

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2006, 06:24:27 PM »
Yes would have been a perfect opportunity to cast a bodybuilder in the Juggernaut role....and for those of you who don't know comics, all Juggernaut really does is stick his head down and run into shit.  Once he gets going, he's an unstoppable force.  Priest might have mad a good Wolverine, but you for sure need some acting chops to really be convincing in that role.  I was a little puzzled by the casting of Hugh Jackman at first (he's a song and dance man and he's way too tall to be Wolverine) but I'm guessing most Wolvie comic fans would agree he does justice to his physicality and persona.

Dorian 01

• Getbig III
  • Ronnie Rockel > Ronnie Coleman
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2006, 08:30:35 PM »
It's pretty weird how the actor playing Cyclops is 5'10 (character is 6'3; 4 inch lifts on the actor) and the actor playing Wolverine is 6'2.5 (character is 5'3). With the movies lately they're just grabbing some stuff at random from the Ultimate Universe though (Ultimate wolvie is tall), like Ultimate Venom in Spider-Man 3. The scrawny kid from That 70s Show playing Venom's alter-ego super-jock Brock something.
T

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2006, 10:29:12 AM »
and then there's the casting of Heath Ledger as the Joker in the next Batman......not sure what I think of that.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2006, 10:37:50 AM »
Lame? Obviously you've never been on the receiving end of the full power of the Gem of Cytorrak! ;D

what's that???  A comic book fan?  Juggernaut is the toughest SOB in the marvel universe...well, one of em anyway, he's a whole lot more than the movie made him out to be.  This guy has kicked the x-mens ass all by himself a number of times, same with the hulk and Thor.  He's not a mutant either, he gets his powers by the gem el_spiko talked about...the only thing that can stop him is a psionic attack, that's why he wears the helmet, it protects him from mental attacks.....

anyway, that's it...I'm done geeking out for the day.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2006, 10:40:51 AM »
Pshaw! And you are obviously not one of them! Cain Marko is Professor Xavier's half brother, who was turned into Juggernaut when he found the Gem of Cytorrak while exploring some ancient ruins. Havok (Alex Summers) is Cyclops' brother, and their father was the Captain of the Starjammers. Xavier also had a spiritual evil twin sister that he killed in the womb and who later came back, but that's a whole other story. And this is all primary Marvel universe canon, mind you, not Ultimate Universe. Juggernaut is just a mutant in the Ultimate Marvel universe.

lets not forget that cains powers aren't even fully realized.  REmember in avengers when the other Gems of Cytorrak were found and they took over the people who found them?  Those guys beat Juggy down, bad.  The Gems were supposed to fully manifest themselves within the individual by taking over thier mind etc....it only partially worked on Cain....or something like that, I haven't read that in years.
nasser=piece of shit

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #31 on: October 09, 2006, 10:47:33 AM »
lets not forget that cains powers aren't even fully realized.  REmember in avengers when the other Gems of Cytorrak were found and they took over the people who found them?  Those guys beat Juggy down, bad.  The Gems were supposed to fully manifest themselves within the individual by taking over thier mind etc....it only partially worked on Cain....or something like that, I haven't read that in years.
Well, you know what he says  ;)

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2006, 10:48:37 AM »

You know what he says  ;)

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: October 09, 2006, 10:52:37 AM »
Yes would have been a perfect opportunity to cast a bodybuilder in the Juggernaut role....and for those of you who don't know comics, all Juggernaut really does is stick his head down and run into shit.  Once he gets going, he's an unstoppable force.  Priest might have mad a good Wolverine, but you for sure need some acting chops to really be convincing in that role.  I was a little puzzled by the casting of Hugh Jackman at first (he's a song and dance man and he's way too tall to be Wolverine) but I'm guessing most Wolvie comic fans would agree he does justice to his physicality and persona.

I don't think Juggs has to be running to be unstoppable, he just is unstoppable, they threw the whole momentum thing in there for the movie.  He can be standing still and take a lightning bolt from Thor and laugh it off, he's beat down everyone in Marvel at one time or another.....
nasser=piece of shit

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #34 on: October 09, 2006, 10:54:21 AM »
I don't think Juggs has to be running to be unstoppable, he just is unstoppable, they threw the whole momentum thing in there for the movie.  He can be standing still and take a lightning bolt from Thor and laugh it off, he's beat down everyone in Marvel at one time or another.....

Can he beat up Superman?
E

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #35 on: October 09, 2006, 11:02:18 AM »

Although I would like to see him beat a fully-enraged hulk.  If you pissed Hulk off enough, he gets into Thanos/Surfer territory.....

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2006, 11:02:46 AM »
Can he beat up Superman?

wellllllll.....if you really want me to geek out...a few years ago they did a series called JLA vs. the avengers and Superman laid the smackdown on thor pretty quickly....supes can do alot of things thor can't, heat vision, super cold breath, super speed...I think he'd give juggy a whoopin' but it'd take awhile.  Now stop it or I'm gonna have to dig out my comics collection tonight.
nasser=piece of shit

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2006, 11:04:41 AM »
Although I would like to see him beat a fully-enraged hulk.  If you pissed Hulk off enough, he gets into Thanos/Surfer territory.....

maybe...but the juggernaut is magical so he really can't be stopped, I can see hulk blasting him across the world like onslaught did a few years ago...oh, God.  Please stop, I'm sounding to geeky for my own good.....but since I just realized he's magical....there goes my whole superman theory since he's vulnerable to magic and all......
nasser=piece of shit

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2006, 11:06:15 AM »
wellllllll.....if you really want me to geek out...a few years ago they did a series called JLA vs. the avengers and Superman laid the smackdown on thor pretty quickly....supes can do alot of things thor can't, heat vision, super cold breath, super speed...I think he'd give juggy a whoopin' but it'd take awhile.  Now stop it or I'm gonna have to dig out my comics collection tonight.

no one can beat up Superman without kryptonite.
E

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2006, 11:10:45 AM »
no one can beat up Superman without kryptonite.

wrong-o.  Superman is vulnerable to magic.  Captain Marvel messed him up bad in "kingdom Come" by simply saying "SHAZAM" and moving out of the way so the magic lightning hit superman....Supes won in the end but that's just an example of his weakness to magic......a guy like Dr. Fate could give superman a run for the money and The Spectre would probably give him a whoopin' if he wanted to.
nasser=piece of shit

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2006, 11:21:32 AM »
wrong-o.  Superman is vulnerable to magic.  Captain Marvel messed him up bad in "kingdom Come" by simply saying "SHAZAM" and moving out of the way so the magic lightning hit superman....Supes won in the end but that's just an example of his weakness to magic......a guy like Dr. Fate could give superman a run for the money and The Spectre would probably give him a whoopin' if he wanted to.

Hmmmmm maybe? I only watch the movies.
E

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2006, 11:25:21 AM »

Hmmmmm maybe? I only watch the movies.

I don't really read them anymore but I know what goes on in the comics via the net....I've got about 6 boxes at home...I used to buy a TON of them.  Now I buy one every other month or so just for shits and giggles.  The movies are usually pretty far off from how "they're supposed to be"  the best one was Batman Begins but even that one was off in alot of spots.  The league of shadows is actually called the league of assassians and Ra's al Ghul never trained batman.....just geeky stuff like that, still a cool movie.
nasser=piece of shit

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #42 on: October 09, 2006, 11:27:31 AM »
I don't really read them anymore but I know what goes on in the comics via the net....I've got about 6 boxes at home...I used to buy a TON of them.  Now I buy one every other month or so just for shits and giggles.  The movies are usually pretty far off from how "they're supposed to be"  the best one was Batman Begins but even that one was off in alot of spots.  The league of shadows is actually called the league of assassians and Ra's al Ghul never trained batman.....just geeky stuff like that, still a cool movie.

Everyone loved Batman begins, I thought it was so-so at best. The Spiderman movies have been great imo and Superman returns and all 3 X-men rocked.
E

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: October 09, 2006, 11:39:47 AM »
Everyone loved Batman begins, I thought it was so-so at best. The Spiderman movies have been great imo and Superman returns and all 3 X-men rocked.

they're off in geeky ways, not too bad but they're still off.  I just saw x-men III and thought it was pretty well done.  Everyone was up to snuff as far as thier portrayal of the characters in regards to thier comics pasts.  Colossus is supposed to be russian and him and kitty pride, the chick that can go through walls have been an item for years.  Magneto is really well done.  Mysitique is Rogue's mother....Rogue is a total bad ass in the comics, she's pretty much superman level in terms of strength, she can fly and I think she has super speed.  She sucked the powers out of Carol Danvers back in the day, Danvers used to be "Ms. Marvel" and Rougue used to be evil.....long story.  Iceman was one of the original x-men along with Beast, Cyclops, Jean Grey...maybe someone else, I haven't looked at those in years.  Wolverine is pretty good, too tall but good, storm, beast all well done.  I never read "the pheonix saga" so I can't say how that part was vs. the comics.....

there's geeky stuff about all of them but for someone like you it doesn't really matter it just makes me feel more like a geek when I notice that stuff....like the spiderman web shooters, they're mechanical in the comics.....
nasser=piece of shit

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: October 09, 2006, 11:46:32 AM »
they're off in geeky ways, not too bad but they're still off.  I just saw x-men III and thought it was pretty well done.  Everyone was up to snuff as far as thier portrayal of the characters in regards to thier comics pasts.  Colossus is supposed to be russian and him and kitty pride, the chick that can go through walls have been an item for years.  Magneto is really well done.  Mysitique is Rogue's mother....Rogue is a total bad ass in the comics, she's pretty much superman level in terms of strength, she can fly and I think she has super speed.  She sucked the powers out of Carol Danvers back in the day, Danvers used to be "Ms. Marvel" and Rougue used to be evil.....long story.  Iceman was one of the original x-men along with Beast, Cyclops, Jean Grey...maybe someone else, I haven't looked at those in years.  Wolverine is pretty good, too tall but good, storm, beast all well done.  I never read "the pheonix saga" so I can't say how that part was vs. the comics.....

there's geeky stuff about all of them but for someone like you it doesn't really matter it just makes me feel more like a geek when I notice that stuff....like the spiderman web shooters, they're mechanical in the comics.....

I collected baseball cards when I was a kid. I literally have over 100,000 of them in storage at my moms. I think they are worth a lot of money, especially my Jordan rookies and 75 topps minis. No Honus Wagners though :-\  Nothing wrong with hobbies.
E

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #45 on: October 09, 2006, 11:53:11 AM »
I collected baseball cards when I was a kid. I literally have over 100,000 of them in storage at my moms. I think they are worth a lot of money, especially my Jordan rookies and 75 topps minis. No Honus Wagners though :-\  Nothing wrong with hobbies.

my cousins had rooms full of cards when we were kids.  They gave bags of cards to my brother and he was liek "hey there's a joe montana rookie card in here...it's worth like $300.00"  and they just said, keep it, we have like 10 of em....I don't know if it was really worth 300 but that's how the story went.  I ahve a few comics that are worth a couple of hundred bucks.  I got the 1st appearance of Cable for $1.00 from this total dump of a comics store in detroit when it was worth almost 100.00.  It was such a dump the guy didn't even know what he had or what it was worth....I also had the 1st appearance of the punisher..
nasser=piece of shit

j3di3

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #46 on: October 09, 2006, 11:53:59 AM »
So what BBers would be good as other X-Men?

how about......... wait for it.........wait......DEX TER JACKSON AS A......NINJA TURTLE?!?!?

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: October 09, 2006, 11:54:54 AM »
my cousins had rooms full of cards when we were kids.  They gave bags of cards to my brother and he was liek "hey there's a joe montana rookie card in here...it's worth like $300.00"  and they just said, keep it, we have like 10 of em....I don't know if it was really worth 300 but that's how the story went.  I ahve a few comics that are worth a couple of hundred bucks.  I got the 1st appearance of Cable for $1.00 from this total dump of a comics store in detroit when it was worth almost 100.00.  It was such a dump the guy didn't even know what he had or what it was worth....I also had the 1st appearance of the punisher..

Detroit? are you from the area? I am 30 miles north.
E

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: October 09, 2006, 12:01:01 PM »
Detroit? are you from the area? I am 30 miles north.

I'll PM you.
nasser=piece of shit

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: October 09, 2006, 12:01:38 PM »
E