Author Topic: Ben Weider on PBW - REPLAY is READY!  (Read 50082 times)

insinity

• Getbig II
Re: Ben Weider on PBW - REPLAY is READY!
« Reply #125 on: October 28, 2006, 03:56:02 PM »
Chick, just wanted you to know how bad a rep I think you are. Horrible, actually. Keep it up tho.

Besides being IFBB's lapdog, give me one good reason for you to keep that holy war against the PDI. You, as Athlete's Rep, should at the very least be silent about it and hopefully wish all the best to EVERY athelete trying that route. Instead, you keep bashing it like a 15 year old fanboy. Geesh.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #126 on: October 28, 2006, 04:42:07 PM »
Chick, just wanted you to know how bad a rep I think you are. Horrible, actually.

What are you talking about?  Bob represents Jim Manion and Ben Weider very enthusiastically.
Ron: "I am lazy."

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #127 on: October 28, 2006, 09:26:37 PM »
This is one of my PDI points.  The PDI hasn't made a dime yet.  How could of it with no sponsorship and giving away so many tickets?  But yet you say the IFBB is dead in the water because of lack of money?
You are so biased that you can't even hold an objective debate about the topic.  I don't think the IFBB is running well and yes the athletes have been screwed over for many years.  It happened in professional hockey for decades but they changed all that, sort of what Bob and Manion are working towards (I hope).
But I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and time.  It has only been two years and the bigger the beast the harder it is to make changes.

I wasn't around for the WBF fiasco but I sure don't want the athletes to be screwed over like happened then.

Wayne might be a great promoter but his marketing of the PDI is disastrous.  How can ANY fan based organization survive with keeping so much in the dark.  We don't even know who is going to compete, or when, or prize money, etc...  Sami had to come on here and tell us all about the British NOC.  If Wayne was a little more on the ball with presenting the package instead of hiding it, I might change my mind.

Jack London has tried to answer any question I presented to him, but he isn't even privy to the answers for a lot of my questions and he was the number one PDI guy. does that make sense?

How about Lee Priest?
Lee was always somebody who said what he meant and you could trust what he said.  But since his slant to the PDI everything he says you can't really trust anymore.  I don't even mean the stuff about the PDI.  He promised us fans twice to be on the Olympia stage and backed out.  He says he wanted to be on stage this year but got suspended so he couldn't be, how dumb is that.  A four year old would know what was going to happen, but now Lee uses it as a good excuse. How about stolen plane tickets? or the promised lawsuit?  Is Lee waiting for the graduating class of 2008?
Lee always used to have integrity but since hooking up with Wayne he is losing it fast, which again says volumes about Wayne.

We can examine the Colorado Pro show next if you like....

Wayne does't now how to market. Intersting.  He offered to pay for ads in FLEX and M&F.  Yet AMI said NO WAY.  MD had full page ads. The NOC was the most talked about subject on the boards.  Over 500,000 people saw ads in local New York City publications A WEEK!  That is way more publicity or marketing any shows does.  He had 16 gyms selling tickets and handing out flyers.  He direct mailed flyers to more than 1000 people every month.  Sorry but no other show promoted itself as much the NOC considering the major mags would not allow his ads which not many IFBB shows do at all.

What you are basing things on is the lack of a website and the major mags.  I explained the major mags so that is done.  I talked to Wayne 2 days ago and asked him why no website.  He told me it will be up and running oin January.  As will the radio show.  He is spending actually allot of money on the website.  It is not going to be a fly by night site like the IFBB.  Which is definitely horrible and everyone has already admitted that.  Once AMI sells the mags then you will see more advertising.  And in reality what does it matter about the shows making money right now.  They were paid for in full by Wayne and next year there are 9 events maybe more.  And they are being put on by other promoters.  And you are right about sponsorship.  And do you think Wayne doesn't know that.  So what that tells you is there must be someone interested.  The are allot of European companies I'm you have never heard of nor I.  What matters is there are sponsors going to be involved and the competitors are getting paid real money.  Thats all that counts.  And so far EVERY PDI competitor has had nothing but great things to say about the PDI and the shows so far.  You'll never see that from an IFBB athlete.  So like I said awhile back I will sit back and see what happens.  Well it appears EVERYTHING happen GREAT.  So it's full steam ahead.  And look for more IFBB guys going over next.  And you'll be surprised who's calling Wayne.  Very Very Very Very and even more Very surprised.

insinity

• Getbig II
« Reply #128 on: October 29, 2006, 02:46:31 AM »
Once AMI sells the mags then you will see more advertising.
Don't count on it... the weiders will want to set a few things straight first. Probably "mere guidelines" for the new owners ;)

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #129 on: October 29, 2006, 05:18:33 AM »
This is one of my PDI points.  The PDI hasn't made a dime yet.  How could of it with no sponsorship and giving away so many tickets?  But yet you say the IFBB is dead in the water because of lack of money?
You are so biased that you can't even hold an objective debate about the topic.  I don't think the IFBB is running well and yes the athletes have been screwed over for many years.  It happened in professional hockey for decades but they changed all that, sort of what Bob and Manion are working towards (I hope).
But I am willing to give them the benefit of the doubt and time.  It has only been two years and the bigger the beast the harder it is to make changes.

I wasn't around for the WBF fiasco but I sure don't want the athletes to be screwed over like happened then.

Wayne might be a great promoter but his marketing of the PDI is disastrous.  How can ANY fan based organization survive with keeping so much in the dark.  We don't even know who is going to compete, or when, or prize money, etc...  Sami had to come on here and tell us all about the British NOC.  If Wayne was a little more on the ball with presenting the package instead of hiding it, I might change my mind.

Jack London has tried to answer any question I presented to him, but he isn't even privy to the answers for a lot of my questions and he was the number one PDI guy. does that make sense?

How about Lee Priest?
Lee was always somebody who said what he meant and you could trust what he said.  But since his slant to the PDI everything he says you can't really trust anymore.  I don't even mean the stuff about the PDI.  He promised us fans twice to be on the Olympia stage and backed out.  He says he wanted to be on stage this year but got suspended so he couldn't be, how dumb is that.  A four year old would know what was going to happen, but now Lee uses it as a good excuse. How about stolen plane tickets? or the promised lawsuit?  Is Lee waiting for the graduating class of 2008?
Lee always used to have integrity but since hooking up with Wayne he is losing it fast, which again says volumes about Wayne.

We can examine the Colorado Pro show next if you like....

Sorry i am still ME ....you are so far off.....but you are amusing..

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #130 on: October 29, 2006, 12:35:17 PM »
Don't count on it... the weiders will want to set a few things straight first. Probably "mere guidelines" for the new owners ;)

Yea I was thinking that too.  I think it depends on who buys it. If Time Warner buys it I doubt they are going to listen to what anyone wants.  They are big enough to say no to the deal and let AMI keep sucking down money.  Plus, I would wonder why anyone who buys the magazine would have a clause stating you can't accept ad revenue from anyone.  That would be just stupid.  Also, I was thinking maybe they would require a deal for IFBB shows and the Olympia.  Maybe but again why?  The Olympia will pay for ads not matter what they cost.  Why make them cheaper and lose money.  AMI wants out. They owe money and are losing money.  So not sure how long the barginning would go.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #131 on: October 29, 2006, 12:41:19 PM »
I'm gonna out on a limb and say it won't sell.  Monster need for compartmentalization and Ch 11 bankruptcy right after the 1st of the year.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #132 on: October 29, 2006, 12:55:28 PM »
I'm gonna out on a limb and say it won't sell. 

I'm with you

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: October 29, 2006, 01:19:56 PM »
How much could FLEX really be worth? AMI paid way way too much for it what were they thinking?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: October 29, 2006, 01:24:39 PM »
I'm with you

Great.  Let's split a coke and head to the roller skating rink.

insinity

• Getbig II
« Reply #135 on: October 29, 2006, 03:40:27 PM »
Yea I was thinking that too.  I think it depends on who buys it. If Time Warner buys it I doubt they are going to listen to what anyone wants.  They are big enough to say no to the deal and let AMI keep sucking down money.  Plus, I would wonder why anyone who buys the magazine would have a clause stating you can't accept ad revenue from anyone.  That would be just stupid.  Also, I was thinking maybe they would require a deal for IFBB shows and the Olympia.  Maybe but again why?  The Olympia will pay for ads not matter what they cost.  Why make them cheaper and lose money.  AMI wants out. They owe money and are losing money.  So not sure how long the barginning would go.
Well, I wasn't exactly guessing... Ben himself said something on that regard on PBW.

kmhphoto

• Expert
  • Getbig IV
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #136 on: October 29, 2006, 05:08:53 PM »
Great.  Let's split a coke and head to the roller skating rink.

Aren't you concerned that InsiderZ will get jealous?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #137 on: October 29, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »
Aren't you concerned that InsiderZ will get jealous?

IZ is the type that likes to longingly gaze from afar.  Guys like us will grab the bull by the horns.

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: October 29, 2006, 05:44:43 PM »
Today the IFBB elected Rafael Santonja as their new president, replacing Ben Weider who is ill.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #139 on: October 29, 2006, 05:51:37 PM »
Today the IFBB elected Rafael Santonja as their new president, replacing Ben Weider who is ill.

He was just at the O and just did the PBBW interview and seemed fine.  How is he "ill"?
Ron: "I am lazy."

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #140 on: October 29, 2006, 06:15:18 PM »
I guess you were not very close to the stage

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #141 on: October 29, 2006, 08:36:44 PM »

Why would they and hire a guy outside the country and especially from Europe. I doubt this is true.  But if it is probably because of the heavy presence of PDI shows in Europe next year.  No other reason to hire a guy like this who won't be around the main office all the time.  He'll have no power.  Ben wants the title out of his hands so when the legal shit starts hitting the fan.  Just my conspiracy theory

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #142 on: October 29, 2006, 08:39:30 PM »
  Ben wants the title out of his hands so when the legal shit starts hitting the fan.  Just my conspiracy theory

What legal shit?

AVBG

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2006, 08:50:33 PM »

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #144 on: October 30, 2006, 04:59:16 AM »
Why would they and hire a guy outside the country and especially from Europe. I doubt this is true.  But if it is probably because of the heavy presence of PDI shows in Europe next year.  No other reason to hire a guy like this who won't be around the main office all the time.  He'll have no power.  Ben wants the title out of his hands so when the legal shit starts hitting the fan.  Just my conspiracy theory

Who are you going to hate on now?  Both Joe and Ben are not in the picture anymore?
Since Shawn Ray won't be running things in your lifetime and I highly doubt Dr. Rafael Santonja did anything to you personally, I will let you hate me.  Life gets kind of hollow if all that hatred doesn't have a target.

Sorry i am still ME ....you are so far off.....but you are amusing..

I like to please my fans, you might learn something here  ;)
Just Bad Bad Blood!

christinafitness

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #145 on: October 30, 2006, 08:16:02 AM »
I am a little shocked how little knowledge most people on this board have about the organization of bodybuilding today. The worlds largest bodybuilding federation is the IFBB (INTERNATIONAL Federation of Body Building). This federation has about 50 member countries.

Most of the athletes in the IFBB compete as amateurs. The amateur division of the IFBB in the US is known as NPC. Unlike most amateur competitions in the US, most international events are drug tested. That’s why US athletes never place high in international events. The US athletes are usually selected at the “TEAM UNIVERSE”, which is one of the few drug tested NPC shows. None of the 7 US bodybuilders made the top 5  of any of the 8 weight classes at the IFBB World Championships..

That picture is reversed when it comes to the Pro League of the IFBB. It is far easier for an US athlete to become IFBB Professional than for other athletes. There are at least 10 US bodybuilders that turn pro automatically just because of their national amateur placings.
In most other countries the athletes have to go through a recommendation process.
Is it for that reason that some of the world’s best bodybuilders are still “amateurs” in South America, Europe, Asia and (Northern) Africa. As US athletes they would have turned pro in a minute
It is also obvious, that IFBB Professionals get preferred treatment at PRO shows in the US, such as the Mr. Olympia or the New York Pro Show. In addition to that the chairman of the (international) Pro League is the same person who runs the US amateur division (NPC). Almost all members of that board are US Americans.

I am not sure if the departure of Ben Weider and the election of Rafael Santoja as the new IFBB President will bring any changes, but let’s hope for the best.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #146 on: October 30, 2006, 10:28:39 AM »
Who are you going to hate on now?  Both Joe and Ben are not in the picture anymore?
Since Shawn Ray won't be running things in your lifetime and I highly doubt Dr. Rafael Santonja did anything to you personally, I will let you hate me.  Life gets kind of hollow if all that hatred doesn't have a target.

I like to please my fans, you might learn something here  ;)

Nope, I guess I will have to love the IFBB now ::)  With one change so will they ::) This should have happened many years ago before the Weiders fucked up the whole business. ;) There is not one person who would say the IFBB has been great to the members.  The IFBB has been great to the Weiders.  The IFBB has been corrupt for many many years. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #147 on: October 30, 2006, 10:31:57 AM »
I am a little shocked how little knowledge most people on this board have about the organization of bodybuilding today. The worlds largest bodybuilding federation is the IFBB (INTERNATIONAL Federation of Body Building). This federation has about 50 member countries.

Most of the athletes in the IFBB compete as amateurs. The amateur division of the IFBB in the US is known as NPC. Unlike most amateur competitions in the US, most international events are drug tested. That’s why US athletes never place high in international events. The US athletes are usually selected at the “TEAM UNIVERSE”, which is one of the few drug tested NPC shows. None of the 7 US bodybuilders made the top 5  of any of the 8 weight classes at the IFBB World Championships..

That picture is reversed when it comes to the Pro League of the IFBB. It is far easier for an US athlete to become IFBB Professional than for other athletes. There are at least 10 US bodybuilders that turn pro automatically just because of their national amateur placings.
In most other countries the athletes have to go through a recommendation process.
Is it for that reason that some of the world’s best bodybuilders are still “amateurs” in South America, Europe, Asia and (Northern) Africa. As US athletes they would have turned pro in a minute
It is also obvious, that IFBB Professionals get preferred treatment at PRO shows in the US, such as the Mr. Olympia or the New York Pro Show. In addition to that the chairman of the (international) Pro League is the same person who runs the US amateur division (NPC). Almost all members of that board are US Americans.

I am not sure if the departure of Ben Weider and the election of Rafael Santoja as the new IFBB President will bring any changes, but let’s hope for the best.

You defintiely know your IFBB history.  Too bad that doesn't change the fact that they corrupt and do nothing positive for their members.  And the the US professionals also have preferred treatment in the European event such as the Grand Prix.  And you are right about the best amatuers in the world are in those countries and would easily become Pros in the US.  But they aren't and that is where the PDI is getting most of their pros from.  The same people you are saying would make it as a pro in the US.

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #148 on: October 31, 2006, 01:22:33 PM »
first, bump

Santonja has been the IFBB Executive Assistant to the President for many years.  which means he's been the one running the org.   It's unlikely that Ben has been involved with the day to day administration for quite a while.