Author Topic: Nasser El Sonbaty - Nasser Nights and More Stories  (Read 753264 times)

Sumpa

• Getbig III
  • GetHUGE!
Re: Nasser Nights + Bobs 2010 Nasser Visit!
« Reply #7150 on: February 18, 2012, 03:39:48 AM »
Hahaha, absolute gold! WillGrant tries to start some shit with the TEAM and gets exposed as a complete loser in the ladies department! Meeting a 42 year old (literally twice the age of my girlfriend) disrespected skank on getbig and then moving to Australia to be with her after a couple of months (weeks?)

Sorry Will, but this is for your own good. Find some nice YOUNG lady in your hometown instead. If you want tips on picking up girls the TEAM can surely help you.

(If you're like 60 then I take everything back!)
Team Nasser!

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7151 on: February 19, 2012, 05:15:56 PM »
Sumpa!

great to see you back on the boards my friend!

TEam Nasser salutes you  :)

bigbobs

• Getbig V
  • Islam, Nasser and Corvettes.
« Reply #7152 on: February 20, 2012, 10:12:16 PM »
Here's a pic at World's Gym where I'm being dwarfed in between Huge Nasser and his buddy Brad.   :-[

Nasser normally trains at 24 hour Fitness or UrbanBody gym, and doesn't train at World's but every several months or so he'll drop by to say chat.

It's a pretty hardcore gym with LOTS of BIG guys, and what I couldn't help but notice standing next to Nasser was that almost everyone kept STARING at him...as they walked by, or even standing in between their sets, sometimes pointing at him while chatting with others.  During the half hour or so some would come up and introduce themselves to say Hi to Nasser and make some small-talk, while others would just stare and not really say anything.  

Shouldn't be a surprise as most hardcore lifters very rarely bump into an uncrowned Mr. Olympia (three times at least :)) during a random workout.

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #7153 on: February 20, 2012, 11:46:58 PM »

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7154 on: February 21, 2012, 08:56:26 AM »
Here's a pic at World's Gym where I'm being dwarfed in between Huge Nasser and his buddy Brad.   :-[

Nasser normally trains at 24 hour Fitness or UrbanBody gym, and doesn't train at World's but every several months or so he'll drop by to say chat.

It's a pretty hardcore gym with LOTS of BIG guys, and what I couldn't help but notice standing next to Nasser was that almost everyone kept STARING at him...as they walked by, or even standing in between their sets, sometimes pointing at him while chatting with others.  During the half hour or so some would come up and introduce themselves to say Hi to Nasser and make some small-talk, while others would just stare and not really say anything.  

Shouldn't be a surprise as most hardcore lifters very rarely bump into an uncrowned Mr. Olympia (three times at least :)) during a random workout.

that is some gorgeous muscle on display, TEAM Nasser dominating the gyms of the USA!

TEAM Nasser

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7155 on: February 21, 2012, 02:37:50 PM »

bobs
when i visited Worlds with Nasser this waspretty much the same reaction.many of the really big guys i think were pretty awestruck and some came up to Nasser and asked for their pic to be taken with him which he graciously obliged.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7156 on: February 21, 2012, 02:40:39 PM »
also there was a national level competitor who had just finished his 1hour cardio session a a few days out from the Nationals, he came down the stairs looking totally exhausted, depleted and demoralised, then when he saw Nasser he became so inspired and thankful Nasser had popped in and couldnt thank Nasser enough!

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7157 on: February 21, 2012, 03:46:40 PM »
also there was a national level competitor who had just finished his 1hour cardio session a a few days out from the Nationals, he came down the stairs looking totally exhausted, depleted and demoralised, then when he saw Nasser he became so inspired and thankful Nasser had popped in and couldnt thank Nasser enough!

great and awe inspiring story swami!!  The look on that guys face to see 3x uncrowned Mr Olympia before his contest probably made him push even harder those last days and win.

TEAM Nasser

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7158 on: February 21, 2012, 04:43:15 PM »
i think he got 2nd in his weihgt class and just missed out on a pro card

daron_e

• Getbig II
« Reply #7159 on: February 21, 2012, 07:46:03 PM »

Uncrowned being the operative word here. Didn't win because he didn't have the whole package. Period.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7160 on: February 21, 2012, 08:21:40 PM »

wow, that is very amazing the WOT could enthuse someone so much to push it to that level, all hail Nasser.

TEAM Nasser

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #7161 on: February 21, 2012, 09:43:37 PM »

i am sure he was going to place 10th or worth if he hadn't seen nasser few days before the contest ;D

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #7162 on: February 21, 2012, 10:08:03 PM »
i am sure he was going to place 10th or worth if he hadn't seen nasser few days before the contest ;D

careful Sherief you will get an accusation from the gullible booty that you are being "creepy"  :D

Uncrowned being the operative word here. Didn't win because he didn't have the whole package. Period.

Regardless he was turning heads in that gym like a ferrari driving through a slum.  Such will never be the case for someone like you ;)

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #7163 on: February 21, 2012, 10:48:21 PM »
Seems like nobody mentions Nasser now that gh15 is here.

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7164 on: February 22, 2012, 11:31:57 AM »

x2
TEAM Nasser

monstermunch

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7165 on: February 22, 2012, 11:38:55 AM »
Regardless he was turning heads in that gym like a ferrari driving through a slum.  Such will never be the case for someone like you ;)

More like he was turning heads in that gym like a suspicious car approaching a U.S checkpoint.

bigbobs

• Getbig V
« Reply #7166 on: February 22, 2012, 12:02:22 PM »
More like he was turning heads in that gym like a suspicious car approaching a U.S checkpoint.

wrong, checkpoint-officials do not approach the suspicious and intro themselve, praise them, shake hands, etc.  Only fans in awe who feel lucky to have seen such an accomplishmed man act this way.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #7167 on: February 23, 2012, 07:11:00 PM »
Nasser! Nasser! All bow to the uncrowned Mr Olympia.

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7168 on: February 23, 2012, 07:17:23 PM »
honestly how often do you have a living legend of BB walk into your gym?

thats basically the response from BB's when they see Nasser in the gym

i would like it to someone like Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson walking into a boxing gym- you would get the same awe struck responses of inspiration + respect

Natural Man

• Getbig V
« Reply #7169 on: February 23, 2012, 07:18:51 PM »
i still havent got the honor of meeting him but i was lucky to talk with him on the phone 2 times and his voice is very warm and friendly.. i recorded the conversations and hear them ever day :P
this cant be for real...

CAPTAIN INSANO

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7170 on: February 23, 2012, 08:18:35 PM »

the_swami

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7171 on: February 23, 2012, 10:05:09 PM »
this wonderful thread is fast approaching 300pages  :o

a wonderful celebration will be in order soon inshallah!

Sherief Shalaby

• Getbig V
  • Team Nasser
« Reply #7172 on: February 23, 2012, 10:08:06 PM »
this wonderful thread is fast approaching 300pages  :o

a wonderful celebration will be in order soon inshallah!

yes we must celebrate.. what about creating 300 new thread about the wizard??..

mossel

• Getbig IV
  • I blame it on the D-bol!!!!
« Reply #7173 on: February 24, 2012, 03:22:30 AM »
so... how is nasser feeling now that gh15 is creating a website that will make his "soon to be finished" book obsolete....?

reppingfor20

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #7174 on: February 24, 2012, 03:09:02 PM »
honestly how often do you have a living legend of BB walk into your gym?

thats basically the response from BB's when they see Nasser in the gym

i would like it to someone like Muhammad Ali or Mike Tyson walking into a boxing gym- you would get the same awe struck responses of inspiration + respect

good post and you put Nasser and his accomplishments into perspective, he is one of the best of the best in the sport of bodybuilding to ever exist, just like the other two people you mentioned from other sports, Nasser is right at the top, good example swami!

TEAM Nasser