Author Topic: Obesity  (Read 8814 times)

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
Re: Obesity
« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2006, 07:28:00 PM »
since you asked, total is nearing 40 pounds

FREAKING AWESOME MEDDIE!!! WAY TO GO!!!

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2006, 08:31:37 PM »
My skin won't snap back, it's been stretched so far for so long, that I need a complete circumfrential body lift, which is basically cutting my body in half and removing about 9" to a foot of skin, from my midsection then stitching me back together, but again, I am 34 and have been over 300 lbs. for the last 22 years, so it has no elasticity.

i hope you don't mind me asking...but, are you content with the way your body is now?  Is having the weight off, and a much healthier lifestyle enough for you?  Or are you interested in finding out more about plastic surgery to remove the excess skin?  Would you like to take the necessary measures for the ideal body type. (whatever that may be)

The reason I ask is because I've only had contact with people who are big and "want" to lose weight.  I've never actually had a conversation with a person who has gone the distance to actually do what he says.  While I think you have done amazing things with your weight loss...I am interested in your thoughts now.  How do you feel about yourself, after the fact.

(you don't have to answer me...its really none of my business)

Bypass

• Getbig II
« Reply #52 on: November 19, 2006, 03:23:29 PM »
Actually, I am okay with my body image, but I do not feel like I have completed the process as of yet, I have consulted with 3 plastic surgeons to remove the excess skin around my midsection, to look at me you would not know that I was ever heavy before, unless I told you. I do not have excess skin anywhere besides my midsection, I wanted to be able to maintain my weigt for at least 3 years before having plastic surgery done. That I have, so I will be having the surgery within the next year hopefully, just a bitch to get off work for 21 days for the recovery.

proschic

• Getbig III
  • like a midget in a urinal.....
« Reply #53 on: November 19, 2006, 06:23:30 PM »
Actually, I am okay with my body image, but I do not feel like I have completed the process as of yet, I have consulted with 3 plastic surgeons to remove the excess skin around my midsection, to look at me you would not know that I was ever heavy before, unless I told you. I do not have excess skin anywhere besides my midsection, I wanted to be able to maintain my weigt for at least 3 years before having plastic surgery done. That I have, so I will be having the surgery within the next year hopefully, just a bitch to get off work for 21 days for the recovery.

Have you noticed any elasticity changes in your midsection over the 3 yrs of weight loss? 

I really hope this all works out for you.  Looks like the hard work is paying off!!

Bypass

• Getbig II
« Reply #54 on: November 20, 2006, 10:28:24 AM »
my midsection is pretty much screwed, it won't snap back, I can add size to some other areas, such as chest and legs, which I have so that skin is now tight, but the midsection has to be surgically removed. I was recently tested and at 6'4 and 230 or so, I'm 10.5% bodyfat, so would be really nice to have that skin off, would more than likely put me about a 32" waist. And thanks.

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: November 20, 2006, 11:12:25 AM »
Hi Bypass!  Congratulations on your accomplishment and thank you for all the information you are providing :)

Will you please read the sticky thread "If you would like to be able to post on this board" and just state that you'll abide by the rules there and we will put you on the "approved poster" list.

R

Bypass

• Getbig II
« Reply #56 on: November 20, 2006, 11:50:31 AM »
absolutely

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 20, 2006, 11:53:56 AM »
R