Author Topic: My theory on "huge" Ron Harris aka Pazuzu's training poundages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 10456 times)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
What's funny is that guys like Ron and Wes say that strength doesn't matter, yet you always see them doing half reps with weight they can't handle just to stroke their egos. If poundages didn't matter to them, they would use lighter weight and perform the lift correctly. Monster self-contradiction.
exactly, the funny thing is that Ron said in one of his posts that he only did the 315lb. "rows" beacuse he didn't want to look weak and that he though of anything less than 275 as "light".

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
I have already said that those barbell rows sucked. I took the clip off YouTube, and I took the exercise out of my program.

The weights don't matter RELATIVE TO WHAT OTHERS USE. That is, if I squat 300 pounds for 10 reps today and 400 pounds for 10 reps a year from now, I have made very good progress. It doesn't matter if some other guy squats 500 pounds for 10. 'Heavy' is a relative term. That's why you will hear that if you can't bench (choose one) 300, 400, 500, or 600 pounds, you ain't shit.

Kegdrainer

• Getbig IV
  • team yeah buddy
QUARTER REPS? I think you need your eyes examined. More like 3/4 reps. Any doubters can watch the clips on YouTube, starting here:

this is a great video of 1/2 rep incline presses.

seated means your ass touching the chair, and knees bent about 90 degrees.  Your feet should not be supporting your weight.

You barely touch your chin which is pointed in the air.  Your elbows barely make it to 90 degrees and the bar keeps slipping to your left side.  Monster form for shoulder presses bro.
you should switch to dumbells and go below the ear until you can manage to balance the weight properly, then go to the bar.

noob

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
sarcasm,post a pic or shutup son!

I train with complete reps, and as heavy as I can for the rep range I`m going for,I could care less if it meets someone elses standards as I am a bodybuilder and not trying to se a world record.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
QUARTER REPS? I think you need your eyes examined. More like 3/4 reps. Any doubters can watch the clips on YouTube, starting here:

we sometimes laugh at people like that in my gym....

we have more respect for a dood going 135 without a bench shirt..

but to each his own...although i dont even see any girls watching... :-\
carpe` vaginum!

Chico_Holiday

• Getbig II
I give him credit for the hack squat clips.......good weight and full reps.  He's definitely got some upper/lower body strength (relatively speaking) imbalances, especially if he was using full reps on his upper body lifts.

will938

• Getbig III
  • No Bull!
I really don't understand the hate for Ron??? He always seems like a good guy to me. Sarc, if you've really nothing better to do how about filming yourself and showing us what correct form and monster poundages really are ::)
Team Efferding

oldtimer1

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
That video shows why I ignore every poundage stated on any posting board.  I have been in enough gyms to see guys using partials so they can pump up their ego.  He couldn't get one rep with 225 if he went all the way down staying upright.  I'm sure he does the same thing with benches, inclines, leg press, and squats. 

Check your ego at the door and admit you can't handle big weights.  A guy that could really do 225 for 12 reps could do 350 for 12reps with that bs cheating half reps. 

One guy in my gym said he uses 350 for pulldowns.  I know he can't do 10 good chins so I couldn't wait to see it.  Here comes this guys back day.  He jerks the weight with his full body weight leaning back until his back is almost parralel to the ground.  Another delusional trainer.  On bench day all reps stopped 6 inchs off his chest.  He said he was protecting his rotator cuffs but I suspect he couldn't bench the weight for real. 

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
people have a really screwed up sense of how much extra weight you get out of "bad" form. you guys seem to think that taking about three inches off of the bottom of his shoulder press adds a hundred pounds and six reps to the set. the rows were poor, no doubt, same with the smith presses. the rest weren't that bad and it clearly works fine for him.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
considering he's natural and he's looking pretty big for a natural I don't see what the problem is.  If he's getting results using the form he's using it really doesn't matter...this is bodybuilding not weightliftingform101.  Could he benifit from improving his form?  I don't know, like I said it's working for him and that's really all that matters isn't it?
nasser=piece of shit

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
You can talk shit about my form on a lot of things, but not my leg exercises. I go to rock bottom on any type of pressing movement. Clearly, my lower body is a lot stronger in proportion to the upper. Ot's always been that way, even though I started training legs more than three years after I had been doing upper body.

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
You can talk shit about my form on a lot of things, but not my leg exercises. I go to rock bottom on any type of pressing movement. Clearly, my lower body is a lot stronger in proportion to the upper. Ot's always been that way, even though I started training legs more than three years after I had been doing upper body.
Ron,

Post a typical leg workout. Sets, reps, weights used etc...Not a video just type it up.

How's that book comming?
?

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
sz
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
Just a couple of points:

Ron has always had a humble attitude so I don't see any need to hate, even if his form was a bit off on a few exercises.  Also, I don't think his form was bad at all on the seated military presses.  If you go much lower there parallel you increase the chances of rotator cuff injuries.  Ron is first and foremost a writer, and secondly a bodybuilder.  He isn't a powerlifter, so his strengh or even his form for that matter isn't all that relevant.  If you should judge him on one thing it should be his writing which is always first class.  As for his strength, some of the claims above may be close, but I disagree on the deadlift claim.  I could probably do 315 for around 14 reps, so I'm pretty sure Ron would be able to get at least that.  My deadlift max is not great, but not that weak either, and Ron has a good 20-30 pounds on me at the same height.

Max C, always on the point.

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

natural al

• Getbig V
Max C, always on the point.

shut up natural al, quit using that gimmick account!!!

**I just wanted to be one of the hundreds of people accused of being debussy****
nasser=piece of shit

Debussey

• Getbig IV
shut up natural al, quit using that gimmick account!!!

**I just wanted to be one of the hundreds of people accused of being debussy****

This is the 27th member being tied to Debussey.

Debussey is neither Rocket, Jaejonna, Jeff Miller, LSD guy, Corinth, BigKev, MikeOxbig, Yaroni, natural al,  Flöwer, Davidpaul, Ski, BelieverinHit, Chad Mover, BrianX, Goatboy, Geo, Slippy, Jimmy, Tomr76, Tredders, 240, Adam Adonix Abeles, Bastiano Bast Insana, Blockhead, Juni, BSB or anybody else.

Debussey = Debussey.

The great one:
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

natural al

• Getbig V
This is the 27th member being tied to Debussey.

Debussey is neither Rocket, Jaejonna, Jeff Miller, LSD guy, Corinth, BigKev, MikeOxbig, Yaroni, natural al,  Flöwer, Davidpaul, Ski, BelieverinHit, Chad Mover, BrianX, Goatboy, Geo, Slippy, Jimmy, Tomr76, Tredders, 240, Adam Adonix Abeles, Bastiano Bast Insana, Blockhead, Juni, BSB or anybody else.

Debussey = Debussey.

The great one:

yes!!  I made the list, my day is complete.  Thank you Debussy....I don't know if your a gimmick or not but I think you're actually pretty funny.
nasser=piece of shit

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Okay Blockhead, typical leg workout these days. You need to have at least a basic understanding of DC Training to understand it, otherwise you would think I am doing too many reps on some exercises. Rest-pause sets are done in 3 'rounds' with 15 breaths taken between rounds 1 and 2.

Calf raise on leg press 510 pounds x 10 reps
(regular positive, 6-second negative, hold stretch for 15 seconds)

Seated leg curl 180 x 24 rest-pause reps

Ham stretch - stiff-leg deadlift with 145 - 6 sec negative, 10-sec hold at bottom of each rep - 10 reps

Adductor - 230 x 25 rp reps

Hack squat - warm-up, then one set of 5 45's and a 10 each side for 12 reps

Nautilus X-pload plate-loading leg press - 585 x 30 reps

quad stretch - lower into deep stretch as in bottom of sissy squat, hold for 60-90 seconds

Debussey

• Getbig IV
B = (SD(Ri) x p(Ri,Rm))/SD(Rm)
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
The videos are actually helping me a lot by making me see form errors I never would have noticed before.
you needed a video, after 10+ years of training to correct your form?   usually doesnt take over ten years to learn how to lift with correct form.

Bossa

• Getbig IV
  • Is that Bossa it must be, I heard he husky
this is a great video of 1/2 rep incline presses.

seated means your ass touching the chair, and knees bent about 90 degrees.  Your feet should not be supporting your weight.

You barely touch your chin which is pointed in the air.  Your elbows barely make it to 90 degrees and the bar keeps slipping to your left side.  Monster form for shoulder presses bro.
you should switch to dumbells and go below the ear until you can manage to balance the weight properly, then go to the bar.

noob

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHA

Brutal unsolicited advice from the getbig member least qualified to HAHAHAHAHAHA

Debussey

• Getbig IV
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Brutal unsolicited advice from the getbig member least qualified to HAHAHAHAHAHA

Pyle does 550 squats
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

natural al

• Getbig V
Okay Blockhead, typical leg workout these days. You need to have at least a basic understanding of DC Training to understand it, otherwise you would think I am doing too many reps on some exercises. Rest-pause sets are done in 3 'rounds' with 15 breaths taken between rounds 1 and 2.

Calf raise on leg press 510 pounds x 10 reps
(regular positive, 6-second negative, hold stretch for 15 seconds)

Seated leg curl 180 x 24 rest-pause reps

Ham stretch - stiff-leg deadlift with 145 - 6 sec negative, 10-sec hold at bottom of each rep - 10 reps

Adductor - 230 x 25 rp reps

Hack squat - warm-up, then one set of 5 45's and a 10 each side for 12 reps

Nautilus X-pload plate-loading leg press - 585 x 30 reps

quad stretch - lower into deep stretch as in bottom of sissy squat, hold for 60-90 seconds

just a note:  this looks like something DC worked out for an advanced lifter.  Usually it's a little more basic, you'd do calf's as describe-usually the rep range is a little higher.  Nothing wrong with the hamstring work although the extreme stretch is a little different than what is desscribed here.  Legs are good, one heavy set of 6-10 followed by a "widowmaker" or heavy high rep set and an extreme stretch.  I don't know for sure but usually a very advanced guy gets put on the abductor machines, I don't have pics in front of me but I think DC used this with Dave Henry to "fill out" his inner thighs and he was very happy with the results.  I've never tried them so I can't comment on how effective they are or are not.
nasser=piece of shit

Pazuzu

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Correct, Al. That's why Dante doesn't feel comfortable with me posting my workouts. They were specifically created for me with my needs and background in mind. For a beginner to copy what I do now would not be good. I also train 4 days a week instead of 3 as he has most people do.

natural al

• Getbig V
Correct, Al. That's why Dante doesn't feel comfortable with me posting my workouts. They were specifically created for me with my needs and background in mind. For a beginner to copy what I do now would not be good. I also train 4 days a week instead of 3 as he has most people do.

I just started the 4 day a week split to bring up a lagging bodypart, I really like it but It's pretty important for beginners in this program to start off with the 3 day a week split.  I'm not trained by Dante but I asked him a question about bringing up a bodypart and he told me what he'd like to see me start to do, I tried it and I felt like I was gonna explode.  I'm only a week in so I don't know what the results are gonna be in the end but if the first couple of workouts are any indication I should be doing just fine in a few months.  Not many people think of using the abductor machines...I've never touched them but DC seems to get good results with the guys he has use them, interesting. 
nasser=piece of shit