Author Topic: Athiests are more noble than god believing folks...cause...  (Read 14524 times)

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
Re: Athiests are more noble than god believing folks...cause...
« Reply #100 on: November 23, 2006, 05:07:34 PM »
u never asked a question mate..u just mentioned some great and noble people...

1. "mostly never getting laid" is your definition of being good, or doing good? 

2. Can you name one atheist who has done anything like this, one whose life comes even close to the life of these Christians?

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #101 on: November 24, 2006, 03:00:29 PM »

Yes I remember Jesus' exact words:  "But I say to you that whoever looks at a woman to lust for her has already committed adultery with her in his heart."  Matt 5:28.  That is entirely consistent with what I previously said:  big difference between attraction/admiration and sexual fantasies. 

Marriage is absolutely a partnership.  But as is the case in most partnerships, the partners have different roles.  I am a partner in my business, but my partners and I have different roles when it comes to running the business.  We also have a managing partner (who is very good). 

What's the deal and who are Jolie and Hersh?

OK,  so what if,  it was a sin to eat chocolate?  What if your only alternatives were never to each chocolate and be misrable and lonely all your life or the other choice was to eat vanilla which makes your skin crawl and would make you misirable?

You see that's why I believe those passages were not the word of GOD, but instead the word of the society or a particular societies point of view in the time they were written. 

What's harmed when 2 people of the same sex have a relationship?  Only the exclusive idea that all relationships whould be man and woman. 

GOD created those with a tendency toward homosexual and bisexual sexualities.  If they were truely a sin then GOd must be a sadistic GOD who loves to torture people.

Marriage is absolutely a partnership.  But as is the case in most partnerships, the partners have different roles.  I am a partner in my business, but my partners and I have different roles when it comes to running the business.  We also have a managing partner (who is very good). 

I went through a seminar a few months ago called "The Quest for Authentic Manhood."  Powerful.  Talked a lot about the very different roles of husbands and wives, fathers and mothers.  One of the mistakes people make when talking about, or even trying to follow the Biblical model is making women second class citizens.  I disagree with that approach.   

The point you are making here is loud and clear and i agree with most of what you say.  The problem here is the passages in the BIBLE don;t put Women on a equal basis as men.  That to me means the BIBLE cannot be the word of GOD, but again instead the word of men who lived in a society where women were second class citizens.

BTW:  Happy Thanks Giving to you and your family  :)

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #102 on: November 25, 2006, 01:31:33 PM »
1. "mostly never getting laid" is your definition of being good, or doing good? 

2. Can you name one atheist who has done anything like this, one whose life comes even close to the life of these Christians?

stephen hawkings.....robert penrose...chandershaker. .i could go on but you dont know these people
carpe` vaginum!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #103 on: November 25, 2006, 01:39:19 PM »

stephen hawkings.....robert penrose...chandershaker. .i could go on but you dont know these people

Come on, tell me who these people are what they did.  I would love to know.   

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #104 on: November 26, 2006, 01:09:38 PM »

You and I don't know these people well enough to say either way if they lived their lives a "true" christian does.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #105 on: November 26, 2006, 01:24:30 PM »
You and I don't know these people well enough to say either way if they lived their lives a "true" christian does.

Ozmo,
I don't expect these people to live or to have lived their lives as a "true" Christian does since I asked for the name or names of "Atheists" who have done nearly as much good for orphans, widows, the poor, the homeless as Christians have.  This thread is putting down the good that religious people do and have done for the world, but where is the good that atheists do?  You can throw a list of names of atheists at me, but I want to know who they are and what they've done.  I have listed names of Christians along with what they did so that nobody will say that I'm making it up.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #106 on: November 26, 2006, 01:39:44 PM »

aww you think u r that important....

google

or r religious people 2 dumb to google?  exactly why did i have 2 tell u to google whithout you figuring it our for yourself? :-\

dumbass.. :-\
carpe` vaginum!

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #107 on: November 26, 2006, 07:27:23 PM »
aww you think u r that important....

google

or r religious people 2 dumb to google?  exactly why did i have 2 tell u to google whithout you figuring it our for yourself? :-\

dumbass.. :-\

Easy, tiger.  No need to lose your temper, lady.  Is it that time of the month for ya?  Why not google it yourself and just post the information here like I did?  I didn't just throw a list of names at you and then ask you to google it.  Sure, I'll google it when I have time.  Too busy right now with family from out of town for the holidays and working on a C++ program for the federal government.  GOD bless you, toxy!  Oh, and don't forget to pay your taxes.   :-*

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: November 26, 2006, 07:37:03 PM »
Ozmo,
I don't expect these people to live or to have lived their lives as a "true" Christian does since I asked for the name or names of "Atheists" who have done nearly as much good for orphans, widows, the poor, the homeless as Christians have.  This thread is putting down the good that religious people do and have done for the world, but where is the good that atheists do?  You can throw a list of names of atheists at me, but I want to know who they are and what they've done.  I have listed names of Christians along with what they did so that nobody will say that I'm making it up.

Agreed, however the same can be said for hindu's, muslims, buddists, etc...  I'm sure their is a list of notable Athiest humanitarians somewhere, pr perhaps someoone can provide that for us.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #109 on: November 26, 2006, 07:51:07 PM »
Loco, are you saying only Christiains would do all those charitable things you listed?

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #110 on: November 26, 2006, 07:57:38 PM »
Loco, are you saying only Christiains would do all those charitable things you listed?

No, I'm not saying that.  I'm speaking for all "god believing folks", and using Christianity as a good example.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #111 on: November 26, 2006, 09:23:12 PM »
What's the deal and who are Jolie and Hersh?

OK,  so what if,  it was a sin to eat chocolate?  What if your only alternatives were never to each chocolate and be misrable and lonely all your life or the other choice was to eat vanilla which makes your skin crawl and would make you misirable?

You see that's why I believe those passages were not the word of GOD, but instead the word of the society or a particular societies point of view in the time they were written. 

What's harmed when 2 people of the same sex have a relationship?  Only the exclusive idea that all relationships whould be man and woman. 

GOD created those with a tendency toward homosexual and bisexual sexualities.  If they were truely a sin then GOd must be a sadistic GOD who loves to torture people.

The point you are making here is loud and clear and i agree with most of what you say.  The problem here is the passages in the BIBLE don;t put Women on a equal basis as men.  That to me means the BIBLE cannot be the word of GOD, but again instead the word of men who lived in a society where women were second class citizens.

BTW:  Happy Thanks Giving to you and your family  :)

Jolie was bisexual for a little while.  Now she's with a man.  Hesch was heterosexual, then lesbian, and now heterosexual (married with a kid).  There are many like those two.  They make choices to sleep with people of the same sex.  God has nothing to do with those choices. 

I think you're placing the blame wrong with the entity.  Satan tempts people.  God created people with the power to choose.  Satan tempts everyone in areas in which they are weak.  One of the challenges we face is to overcome temptation.  I believe the promises in the Bible that say no one will be tempted beyond what they can bear (or is it bare?).  Also, the more you resist temptation, the easier it becomes to resist. 

Satan is the one who is sadistic, not God. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.  Tough loss for our Niners today. . .  :'(

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #112 on: November 27, 2006, 08:20:33 AM »
Jolie was bisexual for a little while.  Now she's with a man.  Hesch was heterosexual, then lesbian, and now heterosexual (married with a kid).  There are many like those two.  They make choices to sleep with people of the same sex.  God has nothing to do with those choices. 

I think you're placing the blame wrong with the entity.  Satan tempts people.  God created people with the power to choose.  Satan tempts everyone in areas in which they are weak.  One of the challenges we face is to overcome temptation.  I believe the promises in the Bible that say no one will be tempted beyond what they can bear (or is it bare?).  Also, the more you resist temptation, the easier it becomes to resist. 

Satan is the one who is sadistic, not God. 

Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.  Tough loss for our Niners today. . .  :'(

Man.........  That loss, was brutal   :'( :'( :'( :'(   

Over the years i've learn much about homosexuality from some friends of mine and work associates who were gay.  When you compare Jolie to typical homosexuals you are comparing apples to oranges.  Yes, they are both fruits, but they are different types of fruits.  ;D

A typical homosexual finds it repulsive to be with a member of the opposite sex.  Much like a person who hates strained squash mixed with bitter melon and cold pork fat.  If GOD allowed people to be "cursed" with this, and then made it a sin, it seems to me it would be sadistic.  My contention is, that GOD is not sadistic, becuase being gay isn't a sin.