Author Topic: Why can the crackhead Micheal Irvin Make racial comments and get away with it?  (Read 45819 times)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
Mike Irvin is and has always been a complete moron.  Great football player without a doubt but he makes some lame no sense comments repeatedly.  Between Mike Irvin, Stu Scott, and Dan Patrick you have three barrels of donkey shit when it comes to commentating.
Patrick is one of the most pompous know-alls out there. The lack of quality amongst "experts" is why i have no problem with Irvin-at least he played the game, unlike most of these geeks.

pumpster

• Getbig V
WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA WHOA.  How many games has Romo played in the NFL?  Comparing Romo to Aikman is asinine.  There is no comparison.  Aikman Overrated? Yeah maybe.  Hall of Fame Quarterback. THREE Super Bowls.   I think Romo is going to be a star but to say he is better than Vick, McNabb, Aikman, and others is crazy.  Get to the playoffs, win a Super Bowl, win consistently, and then you MIGHT be able to put him in the upper tier of QBs in the NFL.  Everyone in Dallas will believe that.

I think he's potentially better than Aikman, who was a robot and beneficiary of a top o-line. Romo in a few games is already better than tier-B QBs like Vic and a good but never great Mcnab.

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • Censored! BY RON AND THE GETBIG CABAL !
truth is most of the ''black leaders' like Frederick Douglas and  W E B Dubois and most founders of black colleges where Mulatto half black half white and am sure that was there reason for intelligence lol !
CENSORED BY RON !

gtbro1

• Getbig V
The only thing that the blacks are owed is their equal rights and respect.No monetary compensation that is absurd.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
truth is most of the ''black leaders' like Frederick Douglas and  W E B Dubois and most founders of black colleges where Mulatto half black half white and am sure that was there reason for intelligence lol !

hahahahahahahahahahahaha haha
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

pumpster

• Getbig V
The only thing that the blacks are owed is their equal rights and respect.No monetary compensation that is absurd.

Does "flava of love" count as payback? :o

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
that's alright.

another niglet didn't get a job today after a perfect interview because of michael irvin's big mouth.
Deep Tissue Massage

body88

Question for the black men out there. What would you say if Tony Kornheiser Had made this comment

Vince young doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Tony said of Young. "But he is. He is, smart man. I don't know if some white man was down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran out to the burbs or something went down to make him that smart ."

He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Irvin said of Romo. "But he is. He is, man. I don't know if some brother down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down."

The entire black community would be outraged. Tony would lose his job. Be labeled a racist for life. It would be hounded on the news. The hypocrisy is scary!

pumpster

• Getbig V

Thats fine. Irvin should be held accountable for his actions. Notice the black men on here making excuses? If I give you respect as a black American, I want respect in return as a white American. It is 2006 people. Equal sensitivity applies to all races. not just black people.  The hypocrisy a black man shows making a statement saying Irvins comments are "no big deal" is hilarious. I would love to see what they would have said if Steve young said Vince Young's mother must have slept with a white man somewhere down the line since Vince is such a smart quarterback. Implying that Vince would be a dumb black guy without the white blood. Young would lose his job in about 3 hours. He would be labeled a racist for life. Irvin is a dirty, crack smoking shitbag.

Next time some white announcer makes a racially offensive comment we should just chalk it up as entertainment. That is what you are suggesting. Delusional lol. The double standard is sickening.

A espn announcer was fired for making a "racially" insensitive joke while joking with Lou Pannela. it was tame compared to this. Wonder why he got fired? Hmmmmm.

Now that i've read exactly what was said (that red lettering's virtually unreadable), and considering that Irvin's been in trouble already, it is time to let him go. I do think he's amusing, especially compared to the usual bland announcers but he is in fact a clown who's now proven that he's unable to learn from past indiscretions. He's basically about as lacking in refinement as there is, should be doing local cable pre-game shows.

As far as a double-standard, it's probably time to remove it; everyone knows better by now.

venom gang.bronze

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
...what you mean is,"their," not "there," brainiac.

body88

I have no problem with black men and women demanding respect. Racism is alive and well In America and African men and women deal with it at times.It is the hypocrisy I do not agree with. We all have to repsect each other equally to get anywhere. White, black purple or orange you make racially offensive comments you pay the same as anyone else.

Alot of African American people think if you are white you are rich or priveledged. I wish I could take you through the gutters of Southie, Charlestown, Malden, Dorchester and eastie here in  Boston. They are white "ghettos" with all the drugs guns and murder of the "black" ghettos in this city. You see departed? That is how southie was 10 years ago.

pumpster

• Getbig V
...what you mean is,"their," not "there," brainiac.
This is common getbig speak. :-\

pumpster

• Getbig V
ESPN's Michael Irvin has publicly apologized for his recent comments inferring that Tony Romo may be of mixed ethnicity.

Irvin said he was joking about Romo's athletic ability. "This is how I joke around with Romo when we're playing basketball. There's a difference from me the player and me the broadcaster."

body88

ESPN's Michael Irvin has publicly apologized for his recent comments inferring that Tony Romo may be of mixed ethnicity.

Irvin said he was joking about Romo's athletic ability. "This is how I joke around with Romo when we're playing basketball. There's a difference from me the player and me the broadcaster."

That is all I wanted. I am satisfied with an appology. But if fair was fair he would be canned.

pumpster

• Getbig V
I have no problem with black men and women demanding respect. Racism is alive and well In America and African men and women deal with it at times.It is the hypocrisy I do not agree with. We all have to repsect each other equally to get anywhere. White, black purple or orange you make racially offensive comments you pay the same as anyone else.

Sure but realistically that's only part of it. There was and still is racism, which fuels and justifies some degree of unequal application of the race card. On that basis, expecting exact equality is a little unrealistic.

body88

Sure but realistically that's only part of it. There was and still is racism, which fuels and justifies some degree of unequal application of the race card. On that basis, expecting exact equality is a little unrealistic.

Good point.

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
what you mean is,"their," not "there," brainiac THAT IS HARDLY THE POINT GENIUS !
f**k YOU !  ''THEIR'' ASSHOLES AND SO ARE YOU !
CENSORED BY RON !

body88

Can you chill with the gimmck shit man? This thread is serious.

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
When i go home everyday from my job in the big city i just thank God
i don't have to live around black people !  my kids are safe and my wife will not get harassed !
this is a racist world my friends and we all know why !
CENSORED BY RON !

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
i don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread already but don't forget espn fired Rush Limbaugh after he said the media wanted donovan mcnabb to be a successful qb because he is black

E
E

body88

Another perfect example of hypocrisy.

Question for the black men out there. What would you say if Tony Kornheiser Had made this comment

Vince young doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Tony said of Young. "But he is. He is, smart man. I don't know if some white man was down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran out to the burbs or something went down to make him that smart ."

He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Irvin said of Romo. "But he is. He is, man. I don't know if some brother down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down."

LAMA-PAI

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
explain to me again why 1 in 4 black men 18-30 i have been locked up for violent crimes !
and why 50 % are unemployed ?
yet mexicans and all others are dying to get in here and the very next day their working and sending money home lol !
CENSORED BY RON !

slacker

• Getbig V

Irvin was referring to the fact Romo cannot be such a good athlete unless he has some African lineage in him. Basically saying he is to good of an athlete to be white. Duh Payton manning, Tom Brady, Troy Aikmen and most all of the other hall of fame qbs are white men ::) I am against racism but this shit is frustrating!

Hmm seems to be a double standerd to me. That and Micheal Irvin smokes crack and gets off all his legal problems trouble free. Seems to  me a certain announcer was fired for joking with Lou Pannela about race.Wonder why Irving still has his job?Pure bullshit, I hope that cracked out shitbag loses his job when the media gets ahold of this nationally. Irvin has always been a moron but this seals the deal.
lol
I

pumpster

• Getbig V
i don't know if it's been mentioned in this thread already but don't forget espn fired Rush Limbaugh after he said the media wanted donovan mcnabb to be a successful qb because he is black

E

I did bring it up; that was totally unfair. There was nothing wrong with Limbaugh saying that, aside from the fact that it was TRUE. Not obnoxious like Irvin's comments, that were also untrue.

kh300

• Getbig V
jews, italians, irish it doesnt matter. every race at some point has been forced into slavery. every race has gone through hardships. half of the places in this world were founded by races of people escaping from slavery and oppression. the united states was formed by people escaping those things. black or white we've all had to deal with shit.