Author Topic: pit bulls are sick  (Read 44614 times)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
Re: pit bulls are sick
« Reply #250 on: December 23, 2006, 05:07:40 PM »
 What kind of dog was the dog used in the Spudz McKenzie ads?

body88

« Reply #251 on: December 23, 2006, 08:05:29 PM »
Bull terrior ;D

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #252 on: December 23, 2006, 09:03:19 PM »
Bull terrior ;D

That dog looks like he could bench 225.

The head is too small in my opinion,compared to other breeds.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #253 on: December 26, 2006, 08:15:26 PM »
on the news today i saw a story about how NYC (manhattan) is very close to being a NO PIT BULL zone... this would seriously suck for me since this is wear i planned on living come june... any more info on this?

body88

« Reply #254 on: December 26, 2006, 09:06:52 PM »
on the news today i saw a story about how NYC (manhattan) is very close to being a NO PIT BULL zone... this would seriously suck for me since this is wear i planned on living come june... any more info on this?

No offense, but getting a real, game, pure bred pit is not a good idea living in the middle of New York City. These dogs are meant to have room to move and not have to be leashed all the time. I assume you will be living in a typical Manhatten apt and that is way to small for athletic breed like a pit. I had my American bull in Boston, until I moved to a house just outside the city. Looking back it was no big deal when he was a 25 lb baby. But, when they start to get bold and want to play and run you relize a apt is just not going to cut it. My guy has a yard and a place to run and work off his energy without me having to drive hom out to the dogpark for 2 hours. These breeds can be like a bull in a china shop inside a small space.

You can pull off living in a huge city with a bully breed. But it is going to suck for the dog. Unless you never get sick of taking your dog out for a few hours of exercise rain, snow or sleet. But, with the ignorance of most people you will have to have your pit leashed most all of the time. If there is a ban it will really suck for the pup.

I am not trying to rain on your parade. Just something to think about.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #255 on: December 27, 2006, 11:33:43 AM »

No offense, but getting a real, game, pure bred pit is not a good idea living in the middle of New York City. These dogs are meant to have room to move and not have to be leashed all the time. 

very true, my pit is game beyond belief and even with bad back legs needs TONS of exercise (he loves the treadmill) and i can't imagine having him in an apt.  It can be done, but its not giong to be easy.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #256 on: December 27, 2006, 02:32:40 PM »
very true, my pit is game beyond belief and even with bad back legs needs TONS of exercise (he loves the treadmill) and i can't imagine having him in an apt.  It can be done, but its not giong to be easy.

im deffinitly going to wait now, until i figure out when and where im going to move to... my plan originally was to go running every morning with the dog ... there are dozens of dog runs in the city to bring the dog to durring my post work blunt... the park on weekends... but if they passed that law that would be horrible... sooo i gotta wait... maybe look for a house on LI... not sure... it'll play itself out within the next few months then ill fig out the law and the dog....

my question is... would running everyday, plus a lot of activity on the weekends... dog run... really NOT be eough?...

body88

« Reply #257 on: December 27, 2006, 02:52:18 PM »
im deffinitly going to wait now, until i figure out when and where im going to move to... my plan originally was to go running every morning with the dog ... there are dozens of dog runs in the city to bring the dog to durring my post work blunt... the park on weekends... but if they passed that law that would be horrible... sooo i gotta wait... maybe look for a house on LI... not sure... it'll play itself out within the next few months then ill fig out the law and the dog....

my question is... would running everyday, plus a lot of activity on the weekends... dog run... really NOT be eough?...

If your run is two hours, yes.... It could be more like an hour and a half. As long as when you got home from work you took him to play again. Worked on training him and some commands He needs to exercise his mind also. This is a very smart breed.

A good scenario would go like this. Wake up, take your dog for an hour and a half run. crate him and go to work. Come home and take him out for another hour to a fenced in area. Throw him a ball and play with him. Work on commands and training to give him some mental stimulation.

On the weekends you should dedicate time to socialize him at the dog park. Take him for a long walk and get him familiar with people and other animals. Work on training him and more commands to work his mind out. Take him places. Show him things.

A bad situation would be

Wake up, walk dog. Get home from work, let him out of crate. Put him back in crate while you go to gym, socialize or go out. In short, not have enough time for him.That is the pattern a lot of novice dog owners fall into when the " excitement" wears off. The dog ends up spending 15 hours in a crate >:( Trust me, the last thing you want it a full grown, bored, male pitbull. That goes for any dominant type breed.

The bottom line is you need a lot of time and dedication. It will not be like raising a toy breed.

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #258 on: December 27, 2006, 03:01:07 PM »

No offense, but getting a real, game, pure bred pit is not a good idea living in the middle of New York City. These dogs are meant to have room to move and not have to be leashed all the time. I assume you will be living in a typical Manhatten apt and that is way to small for athletic breed like a pit. I had my American bull in Boston, until I moved to a house just outside the city. Looking back it was no big deal when he was a 25 lb baby. But, when they start to get bold and want to play and run you relize a apt is just not going to cut it. My guy has a yard and a place to run and work off his energy without me having to drive hom out to the dogpark for 2 hours. These breeds can be like a bull in a china shop inside a small space.

You can pull off living in a huge city with a bully breed. But it is going to suck for the dog. Unless you never get sick of taking your dog out for a few hours of exercise rain, snow or sleet. But, with the ignorance of most people you will have to have your pit leashed most all of the time. If there is a ban it will really suck for the pup.

I am not trying to rain on your parade. Just something to think about.

DMX, the rapper, thinks he is a damn Pit Bull, had about 13 pits in his NYC house (Don't know what borough), I beleive that they cited him for animal cruelty--he ate the charging papers. ;D

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #259 on: December 27, 2006, 03:43:08 PM »
You would be suprised how hyper this type of breed can be... In my experience they are like a 6 year old who just ate a whole pack of Pixy sticks... all the time.... My two year old girl can never get enough play time. If i take her out for 2 hours she wants 3 and if i stay for 3 she doesnt want to go back home. and she has plenty of room in a 4 bedroom 2 car garage house... just my thoughts on the subject.

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #260 on: December 27, 2006, 03:45:26 PM »
You would be suprised how hyper this type of breed can be... In my experience they are like a 6 year old who just ate a whole pack of Pixy sticks... all the time.... My two year old girl can never get enough play time. If i take her out for 2 hours she wants 3 and if i stay for 3 she doesnt want to go back home. and she has plenty of room in a 4 bedroom 2 car garage house... just my thoughts on the subject.

Got a eleven month old bitch that has a motor that just won't quit.  ALL DAY, ALL NIGHT.  She is the reason we don't have another kid right now.  (No lie)

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #261 on: December 27, 2006, 08:26:47 PM »
just found out that the NYC ban would only include breeding and purchase POST ban....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #262 on: January 11, 2007, 06:54:04 PM »
This is nice too

Forbidden

• Getbig III
  • Live well, laugh often, love much
« Reply #263 on: January 12, 2007, 04:45:22 AM »

Presa Canario

• Getbig I
« Reply #264 on: April 30, 2007, 10:08:19 PM »
Yes, they are great dogs. They are not for a novice owner tho. You need to know how to raise a  k9 if you want one of these. They should really be on farms and places with alot of land They are very rare. Sanders is a good kennel for them. Mike Vick and Shannon Sharp got pups from them if I remember correctly. Other famous people also.

you know that picture you posted is not entirely a presa right? and sanders is a suck arse puppy miller.

Presa Canario

• Getbig I
« Reply #265 on: April 30, 2007, 10:16:26 PM »
He doesn't even have any fat on him. You can see veins in his chest, that's insane. He even looks like he's got abs.

He looks like he's stacking steroids. LOL

He must be too strong to control even for people like us that workout and are stronger than average people.

not bad but not great, i know of 10+ year old presas that have more muscle than this...

body88

« Reply #266 on: April 30, 2007, 10:55:52 PM »
Presa, that is one of the worst attempts at a gimmick I have seen in a long time. Nuke that account and try again in a week or so :)

Presa Canario

• Getbig I
« Reply #267 on: April 30, 2007, 11:16:40 PM »
Presa, that is one of the worst attempts at a gimmick I have seen in a long time. Nuke that account and try again in a week or so :)

excuse me? i just so happen to stumble upon these talks of presas on the net and wanted to add my 2 cents on a couple of things, how am i a gimmick? atleast i know what im talking about when it comes to dogs and presas in particular.

EDIT - well body88, you been dodging my question then you just log off... when you got a big enough set of balls to come and continue your dumb gimmick claims just send me a pm so i get an email saying that you have the balls.

Presa Canario

• Getbig I
« Reply #268 on: April 30, 2007, 11:25:01 PM »

game is game... you cant have a dog that is more game than another, the dog is either a cur or a game dog. admitidly you do get different lvls of cur.. soft cur, medium cur and hard cur, then game!..

body88

« Reply #269 on: May 01, 2007, 08:27:18 AM »
excuse me? i just so happen to stumble upon these talks of presas on the net and wanted to add my 2 cents on a couple of things, how am i a gimmick? atleast i know what im talking about when it comes to dogs and presas in particular.

EDIT - well body88, you been dodging my question then you just log off... when you got a big enough set of balls to come and continue your dumb gimmick claims just send me a pm so i get an email saying that you have the balls.

Presa relax. This website has a lot of people who make fake gimmick accounts to get people riled up. I thought you may be one of them. If not my appologies.

Presa Canario

• Getbig I
« Reply #270 on: May 01, 2007, 09:04:37 AM »
Presa relax. This website has a lot of people who make fake gimmick accounts to get people riled up. I thought you may be one of them. If not my appologies.

i sent you a pm bud, no hard feelings.

Mjohnson81

• Getbig II
  • прощать
« Reply #271 on: May 02, 2007, 08:55:35 AM »

I'm more of a Doberman kind of guy myself

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xN6gKWKzJY0

They are such beautiful animals

Presa Canario

• Getbig I
« Reply #272 on: May 03, 2007, 12:44:41 PM »
I'm more of a Doberman kind of guy myself

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xN6gKWKzJY0

They are such beautiful animals

dobes are nice dogs and good guard dogs, but in terms of stopping power.. it cant touch a presa canario.

MRMD2003

• Getbig II
« Reply #273 on: May 06, 2007, 08:56:15 PM »
THEY'RE GREAT DOGS. I'VE HAD SEVERAL. THEY HAVE GOTTEN A BAD RAP.

SinCitysmallGUY

• Getbig V
  • FIST-ta-CUFF Radio
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2007, 02:16:31 PM »
THEY'RE GREAT DOGS. I'VE HAD SEVERAL. THEY HAVE GOTTEN A BAD RAP.
[/quote

Just got a new lil guy, He just turned 8 weeks on sunday of this last week.... I plan on posting some pics of him here and on the pet board just have to take some new ones...