Author Topic: I Purchased a Fender ***PICS ADDED 2nd page***  (Read 6307 times)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
Re: I Purchased a Fender ***PICS ADDED 2nd page***
« Reply #50 on: December 01, 2006, 04:10:53 PM »
yeah, it's def. softer looking in person. The vintage frets are nice. It's so smooth to play.
$

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #51 on: December 01, 2006, 04:25:56 PM »
yeah, it's def. softer looking in person. The vintage frets are nice. It's so smooth to play.

price?
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #52 on: December 01, 2006, 04:28:17 PM »
1,399.99$. That's pretty much the set price everywhere.
$

Shockwave

• Getbig V
  • Decepticons! Scramble!
« Reply #53 on: December 01, 2006, 04:42:16 PM »
Got a Gibson Les Paul Custom and Jackson RR1 and a USA Deluxe Stat. All great guitars.
That thing looks awesome!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #54 on: December 01, 2006, 06:08:09 PM »
The level of detail on the guitar is amazing. They actually have the wires sheathed in cloth as opposed to plastic.

The Jackson RR1's neck is awesome.
$

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #55 on: December 01, 2006, 06:15:31 PM »
The factory has been doing the replica thing for years. From the staggered height of the polepieces, the cloth wiring on the entire wiring circuit, to the different colored base on the pick-ups.
The custom shop takes it one step further, and they'll age the finish with the cracked finish (checking, chequing? sp?) and all. But as nice as they look, half of the fun for me is making the neck all dirty yourself.
The vintage market is through the roof. A guitar these days, can fetch over 60k....it's just a plank of wood with some metal!!! Sheesh!

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #56 on: December 01, 2006, 06:26:05 PM »
The factory has been doing the replica thing for years. From the staggered height of the polepieces, the cloth wiring on the entire wiring circuit, to the different colored base on the pick-ups.
The custom shop takes it one step further, and they'll age the finish with the cracked finish (checking, chequing? sp?) and all. But as nice as they look, half of the fun for me is making the neck all dirty yourself.
The vintage market is through the roof. A guitar these days, can fetch over 60k....it's just a plank of wood with some metal!!! Sheesh!

Brutal melodic minor shredder.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #57 on: December 01, 2006, 06:44:48 PM »

Yes, one of my friends said the nitro finish should start to age very nicely in about five years of heavy playing. I think relicing the thing the old fashioned way (playing it) is the best way.
$

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #58 on: December 01, 2006, 07:35:06 PM »
Brutal melodic minor shredder.

I prefer the harmonic minor actually. It's nice to play an altered minor chord as well. A very cool sound, and you can move it in minor thirds....so you're technically playing in three keys at once. Each sound you are going for in your head, will provide a different color vs. the rest of the band playing a different angle against yours.

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 01, 2006, 07:42:43 PM »
Michael Angelo Batio says:  I can play that Fender with my toes!

ChuckNorrisFearsMe

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: December 02, 2006, 09:11:21 AM »
I prefer the harmonic minor actually. It's nice to play an altered minor chord as well. A very cool sound, and you can move it in minor thirds....so you're technically playing in three keys at once. Each sound you are going for in your head, will provide a different color vs. the rest of the band playing a different angle against yours.

Bmaj7 - D7 - Gmaj7 - Bb7 - Ebmaj7

Am7 - D7  - Gmaj7 - Bb7 -  Ebmaj7 -  F#7 - Bmaj7

Fm7 - Bb7 - Ebmaj7 - Am7 - D7

Gmaj7 - C#m7 - F#7 - Bmaj7

Fm7 - Bb7 - Ebmaj7 - C#m7 - F#7

8)

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #61 on: December 02, 2006, 09:42:45 AM »
Bmaj7 - D7 - Gmaj7 - Bb7 - Ebmaj7

Am7 - D7  - Gmaj7 - Bb7 -  Ebmaj7 -  F#7 - Bmaj7

Fm7 - Bb7 - Ebmaj7 - Am7 - D7

Gmaj7 - C#m7 - F#7 - Bmaj7

Fm7 - Bb7 - Ebmaj7 - C#m7 - F#7

Your point? ??? ??? ??? You have one progression with Coltrane changes, many ii-V7-I's in there. But of the chords you listed, you don't have any minor ii-V-I's, nor do you have any altered minor chords.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #62 on: December 02, 2006, 09:45:07 AM »
LOL
$

Debussey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #63 on: December 02, 2006, 10:16:28 AM »

Your point? ??? ??? ??? You have one progression with Coltrane changes, many ii-V7-I's in there. But of the chords you listed, you don't have any minor ii-V-I's, nor do you have any altered minor chords.

It is Giant Steps.

It was teh funny.

You can not comprehend high level humor.

Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #64 on: December 02, 2006, 01:29:07 PM »
sorry, i like the guitar, but i don't like the seafoam green color!  :P

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #65 on: December 02, 2006, 03:30:47 PM »
It is Giant Steps.

It was teh funny.

You can not comprehend high level humor.

I guess if that's what you call "high level humor," then I do not. However, since you quoted me talking about minor ii chords or altered minors, and you post "Giant Steps," a song without a minor ii-V7alt (not that it can't), I don't see the relation between the two.

Great song for modulations though, unless you get tired of hearing the same three keys over and over again.

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
Re: I Purchased a Fender
« Reply #66 on: December 04, 2006, 02:50:30 PM »
No matter what anybody says, the tone a musician produces is largely based on his or her hands. The instrument can have an effect over the sound, but mostly it's what the player has in their hands that produces certain tones.
How you squeeze the strings, hold the neck, the angle your fingers are touching the strings....many things go into it.
When a player can produce a good sound, or even a similar sound from one guitar to the next, that's when you know they been doing their homework.  

http://www.savefile.com/files/312170

This is a clip of U2's The Edge getting on stage randomly at a wyclef concert, picking up a guitar that is not geared for his sound, nor is the amp or the FX... and yet, once he warms up, the tone is classic edge.  He has one of the most recognized tones in rock history.  The Edge plays on about 25 different guitars and he always sounds like himself on solid bodies, semi hollows, hollows, single coils, humbuckers, with loads of distortion, delay, flange, wah etc etc etc... The only thing that remains consistent is his hands/fingers.  I believe that the hands/fingers are what create tone, and having good gear "CAN" improve tone if you know what you're doing.  I have a buddy who is a technicaly great guitarist, but put him on my les paul and he sounds like shit.  he sounds great through his strat, but he can't play a LP.  For him, the tone is all thru his guitar and his amp.  I play any guitar and the sound is similar.  I think the large/ hard callouses on the tips of my figners are the reason.  Callouses would shorten the vibration and cause a sharper tone, which is a word people use to define my tone "sharp."  I have met other guitarists who have moderate callouses and no callouses... and the tone seems to vary on that one little aspect greatly.  Hand positions and picking are important too, but i think its all in the fingers/hands. 

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #67 on: December 04, 2006, 05:43:05 PM »
Nice Vid.  :)
BKS - Guardian of Truth

AVBG

Re: I Purchased a Fender
« Reply #68 on: December 04, 2006, 06:17:56 PM »

This is a clip of U2's The Edge getting on stage randomly at a wyclef concert, picking up a guitar that is not geared for his sound, nor is the amp or the FX... and yet, once he warms up, the tone is classic edge.  He has one of the most recognized tones in rock history.  The Edge plays on about 25 different guitars and he always sounds like himself on solid bodies, semi hollows, hollows, single coils, humbuckers, with loads of distortion, delay, flange, wah etc etc etc... The only thing that remains consistent is his hands/fingers.  I believe that the hands/fingers are what create tone, and having good gear "CAN" improve tone if you know what you're doing.  I have a buddy who is a technicaly great guitarist, but put him on my les paul and he sounds like shit.  he sounds great through his strat, but he can't play a LP.  For him, the tone is all thru his guitar and his amp.  I play any guitar and the sound is similar.  I think the large/ hard callouses on the tips of my figners are the reason.  Callouses would shorten the vibration and cause a sharper tone, which is a word people use to define my tone "sharp."  I have met other guitarists who have moderate callouses and no callouses... and the tone seems to vary on that one little aspect greatly.  Hand positions and picking are important too, but i think its all in the fingers/hands. 

great post!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #69 on: December 04, 2006, 08:20:55 PM »

You get it.... :)

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #70 on: December 05, 2006, 01:00:44 PM »
haha why would anyone pay $1400 for a fender? there are only 2 people in theworld who have got great stuff out of them and they are yngwie malmsteen and dave murray of iron maiden. oh yeah and jimi hendrix. but there are soooo many better guitars for the money. fenders are a rip off almost as much as gibson

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #71 on: December 05, 2006, 01:15:17 PM »
haha why would anyone pay $1400 for a fender? there are only 2 people in theworld who have got great stuff out of them and they are yngwie malmsteen and dave murray of iron maiden. oh yeah and jimi hendrix. but there are soooo many better guitars for the money. fenders are a rip off almost as much as gibson

you probably just can't play a gibson.   let me guess, the necks are too big and you don't like the bridge humbucker settings? too bright?

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #72 on: December 05, 2006, 01:27:38 PM »
you probably just can't play a gibson.   let me guess, the necks are too big and you don't like the bridge humbucker settings? too bright?
gibsons start at like $2500. can you honestly say they are that much better than a good 6-700 dollar guitar?
i dont think so.
you are just paying for the name.
im sure they are great guitars but you can get something as good or better for over one thousand dollars less.

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #73 on: December 05, 2006, 01:29:15 PM »

1,400$ for a guitar is not expensive at all in the grand scheme of what you could spend. Go buy the Dimebag Darrell 199$ starter kit shithead.
$

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #74 on: December 05, 2006, 02:45:44 PM »
gibsons start at like $2500. can you honestly say they are that much better than a good 6-700 dollar guitar?
i dont think so.
you are just paying for the name.
im sure they are great guitars but you can get something as good or better for over one thousand dollars less.

gibsons are really really good guitars man.  maybe the super high end Les pauls, es 335's and johnny smith's start that high... but you can get decent gibson gear for about a grand.  go to musiciansfriend.com  and check it out.  The Explorer, the SG, the firebird... all great guitars and not too expensive. I was a flying v very badly. 

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitar/navigation?q=gibson

Fender is a strange company.  They overprice the strats and underprice the telecaster.  The Telecaster is ten times the guitar the strat is.