Author Topic: I Purchased a Fender ***PICS ADDED 2nd page***  (Read 6306 times)

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
I Purchased a Fender ***PICS ADDED 2nd page***
« on: November 29, 2006, 06:25:03 PM »

I used the stock photo cause it's better then I can take. I got the same color. I played one a couple weeks ago and fell in love.
$

Bigger Business

• Getbig V
  • FKN Gym Wear
Re: I Purchased a Fender
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2006, 06:32:49 PM »
thats rad

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2006, 06:38:42 PM »
Thanks, it's the MIA 57' reissue Strat. I'm keeping the 3 way switch on it. The nitro finish is a good touch.
$

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2006, 09:59:46 PM »
Fenders are crap.  Crappy tone, crappy look.

Be a man and buy an Ibanez or Jackson.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2006, 10:26:44 PM »
You either get a Les Paul or you get Les Tone. you choose.

JOHN MATRIX

• Getbig V
  • the Media is the Problem
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2006, 10:28:29 PM »
i will be getting a new guitar soon, im thinking probably an Ibanez RG of some kind.

YoMamaBeenLurking

• Getbig IV
  • The Black Knight
« Reply #6 on: November 29, 2006, 10:55:45 PM »

I like that one  ;D
BKS - Guardian of Truth

SL-Dubbs

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2006, 11:48:03 PM »
Eric, we didnt discuss this

i like though

ozman

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 12:01:13 AM »
Who makes Fenders now

didn't Sony own it for a while ?

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 12:07:46 AM »

I used the stock photo cause it's better then I can take. I got the same color. I played one a couple weeks ago and fell in love.

How do you attach it to your car :D??

TrapsMcLats

• Getbig IV
  • Lift Heavy. Lift Hard.
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 12:14:30 AM »
Fender makes one good guitar, the telecaster... other than that you have to go back to the 70's to find a decent strat.  I have a 1972 telecaster reissue and a 1972 custom gibson les paul.  They make every strat i've heard that wasn't vintage sound like crap.  Put some p90's on that sucker as soon as you can, change the pots and change the jack (fender jacks are notorious for falling apart quickly) and you can save the guitar.

AVBG

« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 12:31:28 AM »
Coo re-issue BSB, I like the foam green finish, check out the tele I put together, except for the bridge the hardware (pots, switches, control plate, neck plate ect) is from 59-60's parts I sourced over the last two years.. the neck is solid rosewood.

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 12:43:37 AM »

The only person that has ever made Les Pauls appeal to me at ALL is Zakk Wylde.  Still wouldn't get one, though.
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

AVBG

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 01:46:35 AM »
Who makes Fenders now

Fender Musical instruments make Fenders.. Fender was owned by CBS (owner of Sony) from mid sixties to mid eighties (their worst period)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 02:02:00 AM »
Fender...

I'm sure you got Boatboys attention now.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 04:37:49 AM »
Fenders are crap.  Crappy tone, crappy look.

Be a man and buy an Ibanez or Jackson.

Considered both. My friends who are all shredders told me the quality has declined significantly over the last couple years.

Don't like the feel or sound. I'm not a fan of humbuckers.

Who makes Fenders now

CBS owned them from around 67 till the 1980's. They are employee owned since then.

How do you attach it to your car :D??

It's actually a car paint color from the fifty's. Most of the colors from that period are.

Fender makes one good guitar, the telecaster... other than that you have to go back to the 70's to find a decent strat.  I have a 1972 telecaster reissue and a 1972 custom gibson les paul.  They make every strat i've heard that wasn't vintage sound like crap.  Put some p90's on that sucker as soon as you can, change the pots and change the jack (fender jacks are notorious for falling apart quickly) and you can save the guitar.

Part of the reason I bought this is because it's made to the 50's specs with the same tooling and switches. The sound is also great.
$

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 07:34:15 AM »
Considered both. My friends who are all shredders told me the quality has declined significantly over the last couple years.

Gotta buy high end, man.  Ibanez Prestige RG guitars are GREAT quality (own 2 different ones), and the Jackson Custom USAs (like the SL1, SL2H, KV, and RR1) are the same specs and quality as they have always been.  Even the Jackson DK2, a staple of 80's shred, is just as good now, if not a little better, than in the 80's.  Lower end stuff has declined a little for both, but the primo stuff is still kick ass.

And all can still be used as stabbing implements, thanks to the pointy headstocks.  Now THAT'S metal!  \m/  >:( \m/
ChuckNorrisFearsMe

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 07:36:28 AM »
Gotta buy high end, man.  Ibanez Prestige RG guitars are GREAT quality (own 2 different ones), and the Jackson Custom USAs (like the SL1, SL2H, KV, and RR1) are the same specs and quality as they have always been.  Even the Jackson DK2, a staple of 80's shred, is just as good now, if not a little better, than in the 80's.  Lower end stuff has declined a little for both, but the primo stuff is still kick ass.

And all can still be used as stabbing implements, thanks to the pointy headstocks.  Now THAT'S metal!  \m/  >:( \m/

Brutal truth by Jeff Miller.
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 07:41:35 AM »
No matter what anybody says, the tone a musician produces is largely based on his or her hands. The instrument can have an effect over the sound, but mostly it's what the player has in their hands that produces certain tones.
How you squeeze the strings, hold the neck, the angle your fingers are touching the strings....many things go into it.
When a player can produce a good sound, or even a similar sound from one guitar to the next, that's when you know they been doing their homework.
Nice guitar BSB. I like the seafoam green. Though I'm sort of partial to Fiesta Red myself. And traditional sunburst is always a good color as well.
Why did you decide to leave the three-way in there? I know you can get the switch to stick in the middle, but it's certainly easier to do that with the five way.
Are you sure the finish is nitro-cellulose? Last I heard it was illegal to spray that in CA. 

Debussey

• Getbig IV
  • The shadow braggs about hitting women
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 07:45:00 AM »
Fender...

I'm sure you got Boatboys attention now.

YIP
Zack

Do not make him meltdown again >:(
Support DEBUSSEYWORLD!

Jeff Miller

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 07:51:41 AM »
No matter what anybody says, the tone a musician produces is largely based on his or her hands. The instrument can have an effect over the sound, but mostly it's what the player has in their hands that produces certain tones.
How you squeeze the strings, hold the neck, the angle your fingers are touching the strings....many things go into it.
When a player can produce a good sound, or even a similar sound from one guitar to the next, that's when you know they been doing their homework.
Nice guitar BSB. I like the seafoam green. Though I'm sort of partial to Fiesta Red myself. And traditional sunburst is always a good color as well.
Why did you decide to leave the three-way in there? I know you can get the switch to stick in the middle, but it's certainly easier to do that with the five way.
Are you sure the finish is nitro-cellulose? Last I heard it was illegal to spray that in CA. 

I disagree.  You are talking about feel, not tone.  Effects, pickups, and amps affect your tone.  Give Eric Johnson a different guitar and plug him straight into any old amp, and his tone will be compeletely different.  He may PLAY like Eric Johnson, he may display the same FEEL, but his tone will be very different.

ChuckNorrisFearsMe

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 07:53:02 AM »

fuck, i wrote some long ass reply and this fucking shit server the ron runs on gave me that error.

3 way switch cause I want the instrument as true to a 57 as i can get it
fenders new factory meets emmissions standards so they've been spraying nitro since 98-99
i was going to go with a paul gilbert ibanez but it's pricey and i'm not into flatter fingerboards right now.
$

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 09:28:41 AM »
I disagree.  You are talking about feel, not tone.  Effects, pickups, and amps affect your tone.  Give Eric Johnson a different guitar and plug him straight into any old amp, and his tone will be compeletely different.  He may PLAY like Eric Johnson, he may display the same FEEL, but his tone will be very different.

No, sorry. Feel is also there, but tone is what I'm talking about.
Using Eric Johnson may not be the best example since his tone is largely dependent on numerous effects boxes. Have him play straight to the amp, and have him do this with two to three different amp combos with different guitars and he will sound almost exactly the same. Why? Not because the rig is the same. It's in his hands, experiences, phrasing, how he pulls/pushes on the strings.
I've witnessed this too many times to count, live and in person. Through my gigs on bills with other players. Someone will play a custom made $5000 strat through a high end amp...with a great sound. Then that same person will pick up a Sears Silvertone "Amp in Case" model from the 50's, and sound just like they did using the other rig.
How is that possible using nothing but their hands as the connecting link?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 09:31:38 AM »

i disagree.  You put a PRS in a newbie's hand and he'll sound better playing a Blink182 song than Clapton on a $79 walmart guitar.  Many guitarists will find the quality of their playing goes up tons when they upgrade from a $400 guitar to a $4000 guitar

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 09:33:48 AM »
i disagree.  You put a PRS in a newbie's hand and he'll sound better playing a Blink182 song than Clapton on a $79 walmart guitar.  Many guitarists will find the quality of their playing goes up tons when they upgrade from a $400 guitar to a $4000 guitar

I noticed this very much when I upgraded my acoustic. It was night and day. Suddenly I was doing things I hadn't been able to do.
$