Author Topic: BREAKING NEWS...Steve's answer  (Read 48989 times)

Stark

• Getbig V
Re: This Just about sums it up for the demise of Lee Priest
« Reply #200 on: November 30, 2006, 09:41:57 PM »
Trump is one of 3 people I would love to belt right into the mouth...

1) King Kamli
2) Derek Anthony
3) And Donald Trump

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #201 on: November 30, 2006, 09:42:51 PM »
Vince, I love ya!
you make me laugh a lot!

But you missed the target on this one.  You should know your "adversary" a little better.
Lee doesn't need bodybuilding and as angry as I am at Lee for his Olympia disappearances, bodybuilding needs Lee Priest a hell of a lot more.

BOYCOT MD!

Hell no I'm getting a discount in a small ad.

Join Team Goodrum!!!!
www.caliberenterprises.c om
A

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
Re: BREAKING NEWS...Steve's answer
« Reply #202 on: November 30, 2006, 09:43:44 PM »
PONDER THIS:   Before LEE told the IFBB that he wasn't interested in an 8 month suspension, he girlfriend at the time, Adela, called Steve Blechman to thank him and tell him how happy LEE was that Steve was going to get him back into the IFBB.......... Ask her...........

Maybe that lack of communication is why she is an EX

BOYCOT MD!
Just Bad Bad Blood!

whitewidow

« Reply #203 on: November 30, 2006, 09:47:16 PM »
bump to team goodrum. good in while you can.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #204 on: November 30, 2006, 09:49:26 PM »

Hell no I'm getting a discount in a small ad.

Join Team Goodrum!!!!
www.caliberenterprises.c om
Are you saying that MD is giving you a discount for a ad to bad mouth Lee?

Vince G, CSN MFT

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • GETBIG3.COM!
« Reply #205 on: November 30, 2006, 09:52:39 PM »
Are you saying that MD is giving you a discount for a ad to bad mouth Lee?

No, for my Team Goodrum ads.  Just about finished with the website.  I just can't believe how many people have signed up so far.  Its great to have an extra source of revenue.
A

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #206 on: November 30, 2006, 09:56:17 PM »
You're suggesting that she called up STEVE and LIED that LEE was HAPPY when, in fact, he wasn't?  Even though he originally asked Steve to contact Jim Manion?

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #207 on: November 30, 2006, 09:59:33 PM »

So MD made a business decision and decided not to renew Lee Priest's deal with the magazine. Oh my goodness - whoa. Guess what guys. These things happen. For every new person that MD might get, aka Branch Warren, Toney Freeman - some other competitors might not have their contract renewed. Such is a business decision.

Does Lee have another magazine he can write for. I think the deal as already been worked on.  Good god, can you imagine a magazine with King Kamali, Shawn Ray and Lee Priest all together. Wow!

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #208 on: November 30, 2006, 10:06:18 PM »
So Ron your saying Lee being in PDI had nothing to do with it?.Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Rottmag

« Reply #209 on: November 30, 2006, 10:08:48 PM »
Lee,

At least edit the opening post and remove your address from the letter Blechman sent you.

You'll have all type of sick fuggs [GetBig nurtures them, afterall] knocking on your door to sending you inappropriate [illegal] mail ... that could get you in shit.

Good luck to you in whatever you pursue, Lee.

RUDE BUOY

• Getbig V
  • The Franchise
« Reply #210 on: November 30, 2006, 10:09:06 PM »
what does mr priest care what we think about all this probably not a whole lot

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #211 on: November 30, 2006, 10:10:58 PM »
So Ron your saying Lee being in PDI had nothing to do with it?.Hmmmmmmmmmmm

I would venture to guess that putting your boss in a tough position, and then dissing him might of done the trick.  There can be a lot of factors to it.  It is a business decision, plain and simple.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #212 on: November 30, 2006, 10:11:56 PM »
Wayne is looking out for Lee he will be fine.Money is not a problem to someone who flys around the world every few months.Don't buy MD.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #213 on: November 30, 2006, 10:14:16 PM »
Yes Business IFBB or PDI now which one will MD go with.Let Lee guess this hard question.

THE BAD GUY

• Getbig III
  • Some dream to get big I stay awake and get it done
« Reply #214 on: November 30, 2006, 10:18:40 PM »
fuck em all LEE GO SIGN WITH THE WWE VINCE MCMAHON WILL LUV U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #215 on: November 30, 2006, 10:21:55 PM »
Good point Bad Guy he would love that WWE stuff make the call Lee and enjoy Kickin heads.

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #216 on: November 30, 2006, 10:29:26 PM »
PONDER THIS:   Before LEE told the IFBB that he wasn't interested in an 8 month suspension, he girlfriend at the time, Adela, called Steve Blechman to thank him and tell him how happy LEE was that Steve was going to get him back into the IFBB.......... Ask her...........

Did Lee call Steve Leechman to thank him and tell him how happy he was to get back in IFBB? Why did Leechman not call Lee himself? Does he have telephobia? Is he afraid of all the germs on the phone? What is it with that man that seems so odd to us normal people? Is that why he choses to be surrounded by abnormal people polishing his apples and kissing his feet on a daily basis?

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #217 on: November 30, 2006, 10:30:22 PM »
The term of this year’s contract between MD and Lee expired just exactly the same as the two years before it. 30 days before it was to end, Steve and Lee resigned another agreement for a year. There were no discussions for 2 ˝ months leading up to it like Lee felt was necessary this year. The only difference this time is that Lee’s professional decisions leading up to the end of his contract term gave him cause to worry.

Other than that, it transpired just like the two years before, only this time Steve decided not to resign him. There is nothing cold hearted about it. I’m sure Steve would have been warmer toward Lee if Lee hadn’t had a tantrum on line and disrespected him. Lee acted the way he did and got what he deserved. He could have called Steve himself. He has his cell phone number. If it is that important he speak to him, call him. Call his cell ten times a day. I’ve seen Steve answer his cell when Lee was calling. So, I know he’s got the number. If he lost it I know Cara would have given it to him. He could have asked me, I would have given it to him. There was absolutely no reason for Lee to have taken this to the boards. Once he did, all conversations regarding it were off.  

Steve would have gotten around to dealing with Lee in plenty of time before his contract ended.  Just like in years past.  Obviously, Lee understands his business decisions of late have not been very prudent and he was understandably anxious to speak with Steve about his moving forward.  There were plenty of communications between Lee and Steve’s office that Steve would get to Lee as soon as he could.  Lee lost his patients and aired his personal business on the boards to get everyone’s sympathy.  Poor dejected athlete  - the underdog – the down trodden – no one called him back.  Everyone rally around Lee’s pity pot and cry in it with him.  Lee chose his path, he acted as he wished, and he didn’t get his contract renewed.  Those are the breaks.  

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #218 on: November 30, 2006, 10:38:04 PM »
Damn, the MD crew is out tonight.  ;D

Ron

• Getbigistrator
  • Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #219 on: November 30, 2006, 11:04:51 PM »

Once again, if MD decides to not renew someone's contract, that is their right. According to what I see, MD will pay Lee until the end of the contract, then he is free to persue other interests. Each year, competitors are brought into various magazines and others leave. Such is the world of business. It is the same with supplement contracts. 

There are many competitors who are going through negotiations each year, with supplement companies, with magazines, and other related companies.  So why get on MD's and Steve's case for completing their contract, and giving someone at least 30+ days notice on the non-renewal. 

Lee has options, and he will exercise them when he is ready, and it looks like he already has with another magazine.

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #220 on: November 30, 2006, 11:39:47 PM »
He works for Ron and getbig already.

Below Me

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #221 on: November 30, 2006, 11:50:01 PM »
MD....No Bull

WHAT BULLSHIT

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #222 on: November 30, 2006, 11:55:07 PM »
I'l play along with you "Stark"...

Just what did you want me to do for Lee?

Stark

• Getbig V
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2006, 12:20:53 AM »
I'l play along with you "Stark"...

Just what did you want me to do for Lee?

I hope you realy do...

I'll be very very honest with you, I don't think you can do much for him at this stage.
If I would be you and again I don't claim I know about all the politics in the IFBB and your job and such, but If I would be in your position I and again I just say what I would do in my company I would try to meet with Lee find out what he really wants be honest to him and tell him what he realistically can get and what you realistically can do for him.

Make up with him you are his Representative if you like it or not, so do it and risk your neck even if does not pay at first.

I always have the feeling that people like Lee respect honesty even if it means listening to things they don't want to hear even more.

Like I said in my other post to you chick, I have to go.
I would love to continue this conversation.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #224 on: December 01, 2006, 12:27:51 AM »
First off, I'm not Lee's representative...I only represent IFBB Pro's.

Secondly, I informed Lee of the rules (not like he didn't know them anyway) and the consequences that would follow...he chose to break them anyway.

Third, If there was a precedent set as to athletes that DIDN'T get suspended for jumping federations...then I would have had a problem with suspending Lee as it would have constituted bias...that's clealy not the case, as anyone in modern history that has violated the rule of competing in a rival federation, has been suspended without question.