Author Topic: Lee Priest vs Dave Palumbo - Love is in the air!  (Read 30512 times)

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
Re: Lee Priest vs Dave Palumbo - Love is in the air!
« Reply #175 on: December 06, 2006, 08:09:47 AM »
John stick to what you know also- Writing dim witted articles for an unprofessional rag. Dont try to lecture me about law and what I can prove. Heres something we learned the first day. Its called making an inference. I dont have to prove anything- The conduct by your boss and the sequence of events which followed would lead any reasonble person to believe that my assertion was correct. The burden of proof isnt on me. This isnt court. If your response is that I cant prove it with actual facts ( which makes sense considering Im not in the industry and I dont know any of you people) that makes sense but completely misses the point of my accusation. I pointed out an obvious pattern and Lee agrees thats what transpired as well? Are you asking him to "prove it"? You havent responded to the actual accusation with anything except the word "please" in this entire thread.

Anyway as I said its no skin off my ass what happens to your magazine or to Lee, I was just a customer of your magazine who is tired of watching you guys flip-flop. You had an image, you went with it, it burned you once your bosses boss [ the IFBB] and another magazine who obviously has more power told you to tone it down. You in turn told Lee to turn it down. Lee wouldnt and you canned him.  The IFBB treated you guys like shit for being who you were and you turned around and did the same exact thing to Lee. Case closed

Jill at MD

• Getbig II
« Reply #176 on: December 06, 2006, 08:33:55 AM »
OK Whorewell, since you're just a puppy let's explain it this way. Lee's contract wasn't going to be renewed with Tiwn so he was singing the blues to Steve. Steve, recognizing that Lee was going to lose a substantial amount of income mentioned that he could be the go-between for the IFBB when it was mentioned that the IFBB would be lenient. Lee basically said sure go to bat for me. Steve, being the loyal employer who sticks by his employees, went to bat for him with the IFBB. In the meantime (are you getting all this?), Lee's column came in. It was filled with a lot of self-serving rants about the IFBB and people in the IFBB. Steve, who had reached an agreement on Lee's behalf, didn't want to jeopardize that agreement.  Hell, we would have printed the column had it not been for this fact. Steve pulled the column at the last minute not because of anything Steve might lose, but because it would have affected Lee's chances of getting back into good graces with the IFBB.
Got it now?  I hate law students. When I was taking my law classes I too was an arrogant know-it-all.

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #177 on: December 06, 2006, 08:40:23 AM »
Man...some MD peeps get a little too worked up by this stuff to easily. You need to learn to let the forums roll off your back. If the folks at MMI took everything that was read on here seriously they would have closed up shop a long time ago!

Gotta take it with a grain of salt Jill.

Jill at MD

• Getbig II
« Reply #178 on: December 06, 2006, 08:51:59 AM »
Oh yeah. No problem. I'm not worked up. I'm just trying to clarify, get beyond this and move on from here.

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #179 on: December 06, 2006, 10:56:43 AM »
Jill looking good

huge285

• Competitors
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #180 on: December 06, 2006, 10:58:53 AM »
I'm laughing because I KNOW that LEE is laughing his ass off at the hysterics being caused over what essentially amounts to NOTHING... Lee is his own man and he marches to his own drummer (and I actually respect that about him)..... Everyone should just drop this "I'm right; he's wrong" act and just let it be.  Being right isn't always imperitive.  Being at PEACE is.  Let's create a little peace and let LEE get on with his life.

leycus 101

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #181 on: December 06, 2006, 11:28:16 AM »
Jill looking good

daaaam jill, run a tooth brush over them u gums of yours.. yiikes lol  :o
pump'em dump'em

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #182 on: December 06, 2006, 12:14:00 PM »
OK Whorewell, since you're just a puppy let's explain it this way. Lee's contract wasn't going to be renewed with Tiwn so he was singing the blues to Steve. Steve, recognizing that Lee was going to lose a substantial amount of income mentioned that he could be the go-between for the IFBB when it was mentioned that the IFBB would be lenient. Lee basically said sure go to bat for me. Steve, being the loyal employer who sticks by his employees, went to bat for him with the IFBB. In the meantime (are you getting all this?), Lee's column came in. It was filled with a lot of self-serving rants about the IFBB and people in the IFBB. Steve, who had reached an agreement on Lee's behalf, didn't want to jeopardize that agreement.  Hell, we would have printed the column had it not been for this fact. Steve pulled the column at the last minute not because of anything Steve might lose, but because it would have affected Lee's chances of getting back into good graces with the IFBB.
Got it now?  I hate law students. When I was taking my law classes I too was an arrogant know-it-all.

JILL ONCE AGAIN YOU PROVE YOUR A DILL...NICE TRY

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #183 on: December 06, 2006, 12:15:40 PM »
I'm laughing because I KNOW that LEE is laughing his ass off at the hysterics being caused over what essentially amounts to NOTHING... Lee is his own man and he marches to his own drummer (and I actually respect that about him)..... Everyone should just drop this "I'm right; he's wrong" act and just let it be.  Being right isn't always imperative.  Being at PEACE is.  Let's create a little peace and let LEE get on with his life.

I HAVE GOT ON WITH MY LIFE...BUT WELL SAID DAVE....BUT WHO SAID I CAN'T STIR UP CONTREVERSY

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #184 on: December 06, 2006, 12:17:24 PM »
Lee = drama queen

sandycoosworth

« Reply #185 on: December 06, 2006, 12:21:12 PM »
Lee should have more time to beat whoever it is he is dating now!

Jill at MD

• Getbig II
« Reply #186 on: December 06, 2006, 12:27:42 PM »
I'm laughing because I KNOW that LEE is laughing his ass off at the hysterics being caused over what essentially amounts to NOTHING... Lee is his own man and he marches to his own drummer (and I actually respect that about him)..... Everyone should just drop this "I'm right; he's wrong" act and just let it be.  Being right isn't always imperitive.  Being at PEACE is.  Let's create a little peace and let LEE get on with his life.

I agree; let's end it. It's getting boring...
BTW, that's not my pic. My teeth stick out way more than that... ;D

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #187 on: December 06, 2006, 12:42:03 PM »
I agree; let's end it. It's getting boring...
BTW, that's not my pic. My teeth stick out way more than that... ;D

You have to forgive Jill  - it is her time of month.....
K

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #188 on: December 06, 2006, 12:47:14 PM »
John stick to what you know also- Writing dim witted articles for an unprofessional rag. Dont try to lecture me about law and what I can prove. Heres something we learned the first day. Its called making an inference. I dont have to prove anything- The conduct by your boss and the sequence of events which followed would lead any reasonble person to believe that my assertion was correct. The burden of proof isnt on me. This isnt court. If your response is that I cant prove it with actual facts ( which makes sense considering Im not in the industry and I dont know any of you people) that makes sense but completely misses the point of my accusation. I pointed out an obvious pattern and Lee agrees thats what transpired as well? Are you asking him to "prove it"? You havent responded to the actual accusation with anything except the word "please" in this entire thread.

Anyway as I said its no skin off my ass what happens to your magazine or to Lee, I was just a customer of your magazine who is tired of watching you guys flip-flop. You had an image, you went with it, it burned you once your bosses boss [ the IFBB] and another magazine who obviously has more power told you to tone it down. You in turn told Lee to turn it down. Lee wouldnt and you canned him.  The IFBB treated you guys like shit for being who you were and you turned around and did the same exact thing to Lee. Case closed

Pffft..... Kids...  Dude, pull your ass out of your text book for a minute - this is the real world.  You'll get to that eventually.  You took one side of the story and believed it was gospel - after all Lee said it - then went on this shit spewing campaign of yours that only makes you look like a retard to those of us who know what we're talking about.    Typical of lawyers since they have no idea what the truth looks like.  Your assertion: "The IFBB treated you guys like shit for being who you were and you turned around and did the same exact thing to Lee" is absolutely false.  But that shouldn't matter to you, so long as you get to make your point.  Keep it up, you'll make a fine lawyer some day........ ::)

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #189 on: December 06, 2006, 12:54:41 PM »
The love really is in the air in here... ;D

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #190 on: December 06, 2006, 12:57:44 PM »
Yeah, I told you guys, so !!!! ;D
Train forever !

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #191 on: December 06, 2006, 12:58:02 PM »
Once again this idea that MD is this professional magazine is outrageously insane. Your mag went from an "all natural" bodybuilding magazine that had professional athletes like Shannon Sharpe on the cover to having half naked sluts on every other page- "MD's no bull, no selling out approach" steroid articles gallore Greg Valentinos ranting about his bowels and trashing flex magazine every chance you got to all of a sudden putting on your knee pads and sucking Flex's and the IFBB' cock after you went too far about that dinner you had with David Pecker and Peter McGough in one of your editorials. Now Lee Priest is going too far??? Dude its so hypocrtical its pathetic. Your whole magazine is predicated on being rebellious ( My previous post in this thread puts everything in proper persepctive)  and now your once again bowing down to the IFBB at the expense of one of your "NO BULLSHIT NO SELLING OUT" athletes who by the way actually has won contests and has a good physique. MD went from a natural mag to a super rebllious I dont give a shit underground mag to a corporate magazine in only a few years. Give us a fucking break. As I said I dont know or care about Lee Priest or MD, but dont sit here and tell the fans that Lee is somehow wrong in this situation and MD is all about professionalism. Whats it going to be next year? MD 'THE HARDCORE VEGETARIANS MAGAZINE!!!!"

hahaha. Gimme a break. That's called business. All businesses change and try different angles to sell the product. Lee is a drama queen plain and simple.
TEAM REPTILIAN

George Whorewell

• Getbig V
  • TND
« Reply #192 on: December 06, 2006, 01:11:34 PM »
John this is becoming idiotic.  You call it a shit spewing campaign, I dont know the real world, blah blah blah. If anyone comes out looking stupid here its you and your magazine. You say I took what Lee said as gospel and instead I should take what you and your MD cronies said as gospel? lol Yeah great argument.  So I shouldnt believe his version ( and what anyone with half a brain would believe) when he has nothing to lose because he already left the magazine  and instead I should take what you say at face value when you have a vested interest in the magazines success? How is that "living in the real world" John? Thats what you call retarded.
 Now you want to use sarcasm to try and belittle me as to the kind of lawyer I will become? I guess I should have expected as much. No evidence except your "word" or argument with any legs whatsoever and responses laden with insults and sarcasm. I made my point; Which wasnt that Lees right, but that your magazine is trying to pull the wool over everyones eyes. Your image is a complete SHAM.

Dont bother responding- I obviously dont have the wits or intelliegence to live in John Romano's "real world"

-Issue over-

Mr. Michael Moore

• Getbig IV
  • A pretty good weight, for a small woman !
« Reply #193 on: December 06, 2006, 01:14:08 PM »

-Issue over-

I woudn't say that too fast, George. I'm sure John Romomo sure has something to say about it..... ::)
Train forever !

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #194 on: December 06, 2006, 01:20:04 PM »
John this is becoming idiotic.  You call it a shit spewing campaign, I dont know the real world, blah blah blah. If anyone comes out looking stupid here its you and your magazine. You say I took what Lee said as gospel and instead I should take what you and your MD cronies said as gospel? lol Yeah great argument.  So I shouldnt believe his version ( and what anyone with half a brain would believe) when he has nothing to lose because he already left the magazine  and instead I should take what you say at face value when you have a vested interest in the magazines success? How is that "living in the real world" John? Thats what you call retarded.
 Now you want to use sarcasm to try and belittle me as to the kind of lawyer I will become? I guess I should have expected as much. No evidence except your "word" or argument with any legs whatsoever and responses laden with insults and sarcasm. I made my point; Which wasnt that Lees right, but that your magazine is trying to pull the wool over everyones eyes. Your image is a complete SHAM.

Dont bother responding- I obviously dont have the wits or intelliegence to live in John Romano's "real world"

-Issue over-

lame.
TEAM REPTILIAN

Lee_a_priest

• Pros
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #195 on: December 06, 2006, 05:14:08 PM »
"THE ONLY THING TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF"

WHATEVER THAT MEANS :)

OR SOMEONE WITH NOTHING TO LOSE  ;)

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #196 on: December 06, 2006, 06:22:28 PM »
"THE ONLY THING TO FEAR IS FEAR ITSELF"

WHATEVER THAT MEANS :)

OR SOMEONE WITH NOTHING TO LOOSE  ;)

Or too TIGHT , for that matter...! ;D

DVSGOD

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #197 on: December 08, 2006, 06:54:46 PM »
...BUT WHO SAID I CAN'T STIR UP CONTREVERSY
Exactly , because you sure as hell cant spell it  ;D

slummin

• Getbig II
  • BB Vips posting here encourage the growing disease
« Reply #198 on: December 08, 2006, 07:08:09 PM »
Man...some MD peeps get a little too worked up by this stuff to easily. You need to learn to let the forums roll off your back. If the folks at MMI took everything that was read on here seriously they would have closed up shop a long time ago!

Gotta take it with a grain of salt Jill.

It's so funny, posters take swings all day long without answer (mostly because it's almost all kids reading this website) and then when one gets their azz slapped with logic it's all about "not taking anything seriously".   ::)

too funny, you want to play badazz? learn to take a punch without crying.

bigkubby

• Getbig IV
« Reply #199 on: December 09, 2006, 04:32:58 AM »
LEE YOU SHOULD FUCKEN SOCK JOHN IN HIS MOUTH HE POLISHES STEVE WITH LOVE.
i