Author Topic: How many of you women  (Read 12593 times)

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
Re: How many of you women
« Reply #50 on: December 03, 2006, 06:07:32 PM »
If this is to me I didn't think I was being egocentric here and on this thread neither has DIV (if it was to him).
\

Not to you at all.  I revised it.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 03, 2006, 06:23:15 PM »
It's all good.  Just checking. ;D

PS... I always hated the Debra character too... but in real life, anyone would have killed those in laws before her, don't you think?

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #52 on: December 03, 2006, 07:16:05 PM »
I'm sorry.  I thought I started a good thread...

it was a great thread, I think you learned a lot about women/marriage/raising children.

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #53 on: December 03, 2006, 09:02:45 PM »
Lol, Not to be negative, but damn... everything you post is all about you. And you, and you. There are other people around you in the world. No wonder you have probs in the relationship area.

How was any of my comment about me?

It was about him and his post and the "Debra" issue.

I'm egocentric because I gave him my opinion?

All he was getting on here was females bitching about his attitude.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2006, 06:34:22 AM »
How was any of my comment about me?

It was about him and his post and the "Debra" issue.

I'm egocentric because I gave him my opinion?

All he was getting on here was females bitching about his attitude.

DIV

Maybe this is negative too, but STella is free to delete me. 

Have you not noticed that almost 90% of the time that you post, you somehow direct the thread conversation to something about you? Or use the topic to hold forth about yourself? When you actually do respond without going on about yourself, your tude towards women is almost always condescending.

In one thread you said that you were going to be spending Thanksgiving with this amazing, lit-chick, intellectually superior girlfriend of yours. Then this weekend you post that in fact, you've broken up with her two weeks ago, and that you've really been pursuing a relationship with the 19-year-old, whatever, gold-digger. In one thread, you say that you don't go for message board chicks because you prefer women who are "deeper," and yet you seek the advice of message board chicks when it comes to dating 19-year-old gold-diggers. In one thread, you tell Jodi she's too masculine in her thinking about relationships, and in the next, you say you wish more women were like her. And then you refer to women on a woman's message board as "bitches."

I honestly don't think you have good relationships with women, and I don't think you particularly like women. Sum total -  I don't think you have a clue about women. Everything about the way you post is frontage, even though you are constantly telling other people they should "be real." I can't imagine why anyone would take anything you say about women seriously.

Original Sin

• Getbig IV
  • You fucking disappoint me!
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2006, 07:54:40 AM »
I'm jealous....
Somebody fighting with a guy on here and it isn't me.
Just Bad Bad Blood!

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2006, 09:58:05 AM »
DIV is a good guy and I think he has a lot to offer to this board, just like other men.  Ladies, you not only teach us but we teach you...
Agreed.

PB

DIVISION

• Getbig V
  • Bless me please, father.....
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2006, 03:30:19 PM »
In one thread you said that you were going to be spending Thanksgiving with this amazing, lit-chick, intellectually superior girlfriend of yours. Then this weekend you post that in fact, you've broken up with her two weeks ago, and that you've really been pursuing a relationship with the 19-year-old, whatever, gold-digger. In one thread, you say that you don't go for message board chicks because you prefer women who are "deeper," and yet you seek the advice of message board chicks when it comes to dating 19-year-old gold-diggers. In one thread, you tell Jodi she's too masculine in her thinking about relationships, and in the next, you say you wish more women were like her. And then you refer to women on a woman's message board as "bitches."

Deedee,

You need to take things in the context that they are meant.

It's unfortunate that I need to detail every single thing I say for fear that you won't understand it, but in this case........why not?

The breakup with my last girlfriend was a long time in coming, but we both were trying to make it work, probably against our better judgement.  We are on good terms because it was a mutual decision and yes, she did invite me to Thanksgiving despite the breakup but I didn't feel it was appropriate so I declined.  We like each other as people, but it just didn't work in a relationship context.....that is really what it boils down to.  I'm better for the experience and I learned some things about myself that will help me in future relationships.

The nineteen year old is interesting and I don't really know if she's as mature as she claims to be, nor if a relationship is even tenable right now given my schedule.  I'll talk to her and if we have common interests, perhaps......

Pertaining to Jodi, I've spoken to her offline in depth about several issues, so I know her decently well compared to those who have only interacted with her on the site.  Ask her.....

I admire Jodi's honesty and straightforward approach to things, sans games, and yes she will have a tough time finding a man who can deal with her and appreciate her for who she is, without trying to dominate or change her.

The term "bitch" is reserved for women who manipulate and deceive and I won't ever refrain from using that term in the appropriate context.

I honestly don't think you have good relationships with women, and I don't think you particularly like women. Sum total -  I don't think you have a clue about women. Everything about the way you post is frontage, even though you are constantly telling other people they should "be real." I can't imagine why anyone would take anything you say about women seriously.

I appreciate women who are intellectual, honest and open.  I don't respect women who play games and use vindictive means to get what they want.  I don't respect that. 

I've been as real as possible on here, but you don't know me, so how you take what I say isn't necessarily the intended context and I can't do anything about that.

Know me off-line and you'd understand.........

As it stands you are on the outside looking in......and obviously not understanding what you are seeing.

DIV
I'm a ghost in these killing fields...

Butterbean

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2006, 04:05:06 PM »
  I see more Debra's out there these days though so it is tough to get around. 

One thing to remember also is that there is no way for an outsider to know exactly what goes on behind closed doors in any house.  This of course includes dynamics between married couples.

On the other hand, a lot of us these days tend to take things for granted.  We take for granted we live in free countries, are not homeless, have so much to eat that we can get fat, and sometimes we take our spouses and things they provide for us for granted.  It can go both ways.  We should always express appreciation for our spouses and the things they do for us.

We should always try to remember all the blessings we have and not focus on the bad crap.  What you focus on will consume your mind.  What consumes your mind affects your behavior.

Love to all  :-*     

;D
R

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2006, 04:19:15 PM »
My grandma and grandpa (he's dead) were like Marie and Frank except for undexpected visits.  Lol.  I would be frustrated with Debra and the mom.  Italian moms smother you though and nobody is as good for their son as them, trust me I know firsthand how it is.

So do I.  ;D

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 04, 2006, 04:25:08 PM »
Lol.  If my grandma had her way I would be married to a black haired full blooded Italian right now.  My mom could care less about that but she has hated every gf I've had up until this point.  Nobody was ever good enough. 

Ahhh yes, brings back memories.  Took me a year to win her over, but even then she kept insisting I couldn't cook, although I can.  >:(.  She couldn't understand how you could boil pasta without a pound of salt in the water.  :-X

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #61 on: December 04, 2006, 08:49:06 PM »
Been there, ...done that, ...got the T-shirt AND the bumpersticker!
Please don't make me re-live the nightmare.

In my case, it wasn't just any little Italian girl, ...had to be one from the same little small town in Italy.

Finally, after being sick of all the BS, and deciding there were just too many of us in the relationship, I dumped her precious son. She cried for a yr begging me to take him back. She couldn't stand to see her son so miserably unhappy without me. The whole family was beside themselves in grief.
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 04, 2006, 08:59:39 PM »
Italian women are great but nuts too.  Hi Ma!

What part of Italy is your family from?
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 04, 2006, 09:54:27 PM »
Calabria (not sure if that's correct spelling)

{LOL} How did I know you're Calabrese? Which city Cantanzaro, Cosenza, or Reggio.

Please say Consenza, so I can be assured you're somewhat normal. If you say Reggio... I'm gonna run.
w

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #64 on: December 05, 2006, 12:54:30 AM »
So here's a question... how come so many of the guys I work with who have wives and multiple children hang around the office way late, even when they have nothing to do, and are obviously just wasting time?  Is it because they don't want to go home and help?  ;D

Ooomf!  Body blow!   ;D 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #65 on: December 05, 2006, 01:11:20 AM »
Feel sorry for stay-at-home moms who complain about the difficulty of their lives?  I know many woman who have husbands who work a lot of hours plus overtime and get bitched out by their wives about how hard their days are.  I'm not saying these women don't do anything but is it fair to the man to get this type of treatment?  I don't think it would be fair if the roles were reversed.  Please give me some honest opinions.  BTW, Everybody Loves Raymond inspired this discussion but I have seen real examples of this stuff.

My wife stayed at home for about 13 years.  Her choice.  I agreed.  She always had outside interests though.  Plugged away at school.  I did get "complained at" sometimes.  Never liked it.  But I always respected her job, which was more important than mine.  Easy.

That said, the times I stayed home (vacation, etc.) I remember thinking:  I could get used to this.   :) 

I know lots of full-time moms.  Several of my neighbors.  Several of my church members.  Other friends.  Most of them appear to be very happy.  Like Stella said, you never know what goes on behind closed doors, but think most of them have functional families.   

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #66 on: December 05, 2006, 05:31:45 AM »
According to Dr.Phil, a stay at home mom works the equivalant of two jobs. While I agree that it is difficult to look after kids full time while mainting a home and making breakfest lunch and dinner (what some stay at home moms do), I do not agree with moms staying at home or getting pregnant so that they DO NOT have to go back to work or to avoid going back to work. In this day and age it takes two to tango and to incomes are much better then one.

PB

az

• Getbig III
« Reply #67 on: December 05, 2006, 03:06:18 PM »
"paying attention again"

Forbidden

• Getbig III
  • Live well, laugh often, love much
« Reply #68 on: December 05, 2006, 05:22:06 PM »
Feel sorry for stay-at-home moms who complain about the difficulty of their lives?  I know many woman who have husbands who work a lot of hours plus overtime and get bitched out by their wives about how hard their days are.  I'm not saying these women don't do anything but is it fair to the man to get this type of treatment?  I don't think it would be fair if the roles were reversed.  Please give me some honest opinions.  BTW, Everybody Loves Raymond inspired this discussion but I have seen real examples of this stuff.

I dont feel sorry for them, but having said that it is a very hard job to be a stay at home mum!  I have a two year old (my choice and I love her sooo much).  Where I get pissed off is I dont get any public holidays, my weekend is not my own and my job is 24/7 but I love it and I chose to have her.  I am happy!  I go to the gym during the day she goes into child care and the rest of the day is really mine to do with as I please.  I still manage to get in shape and compete in figure comps.  I get really angry with women that use the kids as why they have put on weight and cant exercise.  And yes I would not be a guy for quids they do get the raw end of the deal in a lot of ways. 

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 05, 2006, 08:32:54 PM »
?

Ask your Grandma which city in Calabria your family is from?
I'm betting it's Reggio, ...possibly Catanzaro, ...but my money is Reggio di Calabria.
w