Author Topic: a wider back???  (Read 10576 times)

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
Re: a wider back???
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2007, 11:51:51 AM »
chins chins chins
i begin and end with them..
dumbell rows as well.. give width
choice is an illusion

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2007, 03:43:11 PM »
chins chins chins
i begin and end with them..
barbell rows as well.. give width

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2007, 03:47:50 PM »

[/quot

come back when your weigh more than 150lbs

also barbell or db rows doesnt matter its not like you have to do only one kind of row.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #53 on: February 15, 2007, 02:27:20 AM »
Weighing 255 and still doing weighted chins.

Without I'm able to do sets off over 12. Got nothing to do with how much you weigh. Just keep trying.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: February 15, 2007, 05:53:46 AM »
Weighing 255 and still doing weighted chins.

Without I'm able to do sets off over 12. Got nothing to do with how much you weigh. Just keep trying.
umm you totally misunderstood me..i was talking to lugar and wasnt talking about chins...

of course chins is a good exercise.

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: February 15, 2007, 06:03:01 AM »

[/quot

come back when your weigh more than 150lbs

also barbell or db rows doesnt matter its not like you have to do only one kind of row.

go ahead and slam me, but ask around first....question was a awider back....barbell rows and you DONT NEED 22 different rows......my weight plays no role in my knowledge

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: February 15, 2007, 06:17:30 AM »
go ahead and slam me, but ask around first....question was a awider back....barbell rows and you DONT NEED 22 different rows......my weight plays no role in my knowledge

of course you dont need to do 22 different rows..that wasnt my point..my point was that barbell rows arent better than db rows...db rows arent better than barbell rows either..its about preference both will build your back.

in fact you could do hammer rows instead of barbell or db rows..would probably work as well...but it gets boring doing the same exercises all the time..so you vary the training. should vary the training for the muscle building process too)

Lugar

• Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 15, 2007, 07:14:40 AM »
Does is it get boring?  Yes.  Do you need variety?  Yes.  Does one build a back better than the other, why don't you take a toll....100-1 says you'll hear more barbell........

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #58 on: February 15, 2007, 07:40:55 AM »
Does is it get boring?  Yes.  Do you need variety?  Yes.  Does one build a back better than the other, why don't you take a toll....100-1 says you'll hear more barbell........

By no means are barbell rows the holy grail if that's what you mean. T-bars, 1-arm DB, hammer rows can all be as good or IMO better, in terms of muscle stimulation, lower stress on the body and lower fatigue.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 15, 2007, 07:57:38 AM »
By no means are barbell rows the holy grail if that's what you mean. T-bars, 1-arm DB, hammer rows can all be as good or IMO better, in terms of muscle stimulation, lower stress on the body and lower fatigue.

agreed, and it has alot to do with what equipment you have and personal preference.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #60 on: February 16, 2007, 12:56:22 PM »
For a wider back chins and pulldown movements are good...... pullover machines as well...... Chins are the best excercise for width in my opinion..... Unlike pumpster I do believe that barbell rows and deads are essential for back development ( no offence pump you know your shit just speaking from experience)

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #61 on: February 16, 2007, 01:01:57 PM »
For a wider back chins and pulldown movements are good...... pullover machines as well...... Chins are the best excercise for width in my opinion..... Unlike pumpster I do believe that barbell rows and deads are essential for back development ( no offence pump you know your shit just speaking from experience)

I think you've confused me with someone else here. I don't care for either BB rows or deads.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #62 on: February 16, 2007, 01:28:48 PM »
I think you've confused me with someone else here. I don't care for either BB rows or deads.

I think you misinterpreted my post.... what I was trying to say is I do find those exercises essential but I also respect your opinion on training as you seem very knowledgable

mesmorph78

• Getbig V
  • there can only be one...
« Reply #63 on: February 16, 2007, 05:59:04 PM »

barbell rows give thickness .. dumbell rows give width
choice is an illusion

Mike

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: February 17, 2007, 03:31:47 PM »
Any complete back/lats workout should include a overhead pull (like chins, lat pulldowns, etc). A out front of the body pull to the chest/abs (BB rows, sitting cable pull, etc). And a upwards pulling motion (like up-right rows, cleans, Hi-Pulls, shrugs, etc). In the DL ,the upper body (including grip) is keeping the BB stable and in line, where the actually lifting is done by the legs & hips/lower back. Which may suggest the important of semi static holds for development and strength in anyone's baclk program. 

Sound logic here.  Same for Chest/pushes:  Push Up (incline) Push out (flat) Push Down (decline/dips)