Author Topic: FRANK ZANE IS LOOKING UNREAL at 64!!! PIC!  (Read 34171 times)

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
Re: FRANK ZANE IS LOOKING UNREAL at 64!!! PIC!
« Reply #100 on: April 24, 2015, 02:54:59 AM »
Hope his shoulders will be fine again.
Guess shoulder decay runs in his family.

Well, the way he told me is this: He worked his side caps on his delts more than most guys worked their whole body. He did this for well over 30 years.

He used them all up. The pain became so bad that he couldn't do ANYTHING without them hurting... not even writing.

Now, the pain is so bad... he's pissy as hell. Even after they heal, they will never be the same. You heal them with a box so that your arms are at 90 degree angles. Once they heal, the box is removed and your arms are stuck out to the side.

Then you have to have "manipulative therapy" which is basically breaking away all the scar tissue that developed during the healing process...

Also.. while they are healing.... you ain't doin' shit. Someone else has to wipe you ass... and do pretty much EVERYTHING for you.

sound like fun?

He said if he had it to do all over again, he would have lifted much lighter weights, and spent much LESS time doing it. He believes he would have still had great delts.

so do I ~

ChuckleHead

« Reply #101 on: April 24, 2015, 03:02:03 AM »
another legend passes. RIP Frank Zane.

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #102 on: April 24, 2015, 03:20:54 AM »
Not cool at all dude...

Not even funny, but so typical of GB.

polychronopolous

• Getbig V
« Reply #103 on: April 24, 2015, 04:20:58 AM »

Well, the way he told me is this: He worked his side caps on his delts more than most guys worked their whole body. He did this for well over 30 years.

He used them all up. The pain became so bad that he couldn't do ANYTHING without them hurting... not even writing.

Now, the pain is so bad... he's pissy as hell. Even after they heal, they will never be the same. You heal them with a box so that your arms are at 90 degree angles. Once they heal, the box is removed and your arms are stuck out to the side.

Then you have to have "manipulative therapy" which is basically breaking away all the scar tissue that developed during the healing process...

Also.. while they are healing.... you ain't doin' shit. Someone else has to wipe you ass... and do pretty much EVERYTHING for you.

sound like fun?

He said if he had it to do all over again, he would have lifted much lighter weights, and spent much LESS time doing it. He believes he would have still had great delts.

so do I ~

Other than his shoulders is he still able to move around comfortably?

ChuckleHead

Re: FRANK ZANE in remembrance
« Reply #104 on: April 24, 2015, 05:09:32 AM »
Zane is a three-time Mr. Olympia (1977 to 1979). His reign represented a shift of emphasis from mass to aesthetics. Zane's proportionate physique featured the second thinnest waistline of all the Mr. Olympias (after Sergio Oliva), with his wide shoulders making for a distinctive V-taper. His abdominals were considered by some bodybuilders to be the best in bodybuilding history. He stood at 5'9" and had a self-declared competition weight of 198 pounds when he won Mr Olympia (He weighed over 200 lbs when he competed in the 1960s). Zane is one of only three people who have beaten Arnold Schwarzenegger in a bodybuilding contest (1968 Mr. Universe in Miami, FL) and one of the very few Mr. Olympia winners under 200 pounds. Overall, he competed for over 20 years (retiring after the 1983 Mr Olympia contest) and won Mr America, Mr Universe, Mr World and Mr Olympia throughout his illustrious career.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #105 on: April 24, 2015, 05:28:24 AM »
Frank Zane looked in peak condition like a Greek God..it was balanced and proportionate. I think he was really trying to achieve a Greek Statue like Body...he succeeded or was pretty darn close !

ChuckleHead

« Reply #106 on: April 24, 2015, 05:40:35 AM »
Frank Zane looked in peak condition like a Greek God..it was balanced and proportionate. I think he was really trying to achieve a Greek Statue like Body...he succeeded or was pretty darn close !

some might even say his build was inzane!

dyslexic

• Getbig V
  • baddoggy
« Reply #107 on: April 24, 2015, 08:33:11 AM »
Other than his shoulders is he still able to move around comfortably?

Yeah, pretty much. He blew me away though, he trained Steve Vai's whole family... and he plays the Harmonica really good.

He finds ways to enjoy his day. He don't bitch too much, just a bit... 'agitated?'

Powerlift66

• Getbig V
« Reply #108 on: April 24, 2015, 12:27:19 PM »
Yeah, pretty much. He blew me away though, he trained Steve Vai's whole family... and he plays the Harmonica really good.

He finds ways to enjoy his day. He don't bitch too much, just a bit... 'agitated?'

He plays guitar now as well... I actually have one of his blues CD's (I know, outed)  :D

_bruce_

• Getbig V
  • Sam Sesambröt Sulek
« Reply #109 on: April 24, 2015, 01:27:29 PM »

sound like fun?

He said if he had it to do all over again, he would have lifted much lighter weights, and spent much LESS time doing it.
He believes he would have still had great delts.

so do I ~

Thanks for clearing it up and totally agree with with the notion of lighter weights/less abuse.