Author Topic: Could you be an IFBB Pro??????????  (Read 28935 times)

Stavios

Re: Could you be an IFBB Pro??????????
« Reply #75 on: January 13, 2007, 07:37:34 PM »
No I don't.

I hear you when you say it's more than just drugs. I'm saying if I would have ( it's a little late in the game ;D) done the whole thing 100% as far as drugs,diet,training That I have to the genetics to obtain a pro caliber physique. I have actually been told that by a few IFBB pros, not that that means anything,but it was cool to hear.

wouda, couda, shouda  ;)

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #76 on: January 13, 2007, 07:46:06 PM »
wouda, couda, shouda  ;)

Whatever. I'm bigger than most guys that do take steroids.

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2007, 07:59:31 PM »
my take on the subject since you keep bothering me in pms i took a look at this post and this is how it is:

like bobbie said,,,if you dont make it in the local county usa show naturaly,,then you got zero chance at even PLACING top 5 in the juniors or nationals,,

to become a pro you got got got got GOT to have the muscle shape even when you are a skinny 150lb,,you are born with your muscle shape,,thats that.

now,,the hormones will grow you and will take you up from the 180 to the 240 after some time,,,but!!! it will only be muscle size,,,NOT MUSCLE SHAPE!

many guys got  good genetics to look like a bodybuilder and respond well to hormones,,,but their muscle dont volumize right from within aka they lack thickness from within the muscle,,it is hard to notice for the average joe,,but good eye can see and know what im refering too,,they can be thick as fuck but!! the thickness from within the muscle is lacking in proportion to their height and that will forever limit them from getting pro card. nolotil help but not to what im talking about,,,im talking about something your genetics got to have inorder to get  pro card. i can give examples but i dont want to offend lifters and members of getbig.

nutrition is key ofcourse but you can eat as much calories as you want,,,and take as many hormones as you want,,,and you still wont get a pro card if your initial shape wasnt there,,,if it is there then nutrition and hormones will get you a pro card inaddition to making you "big",,,

you can be the smallest guy in the world,,,and have shape and symetry to your physiqe,,,and at the end get a pro card,,,see stan,,see labrada,,see zane and many others,,

and this brings me to what i look for first when i enter a gym when someone approaches me,,,i NEVER LOOK AT YOUR MASS,,i always look at what is this mass made of: symetry,,proportion among muscle groups,,lean muscle tissue,,water  held,, i have guys come to me weighin 260lb thinking they will go on stage 220lb and i can tell on initial look that they wont be on stage anythiing over 190lb,,the physiqe should flow right,,,nothing should come out as weird or under   developed,,,this is the first chance at doing damage and GETTING A PRO CARD FROM GOOD OLD JOE,,

when you get your pro card,,,,your physiqe can do whatever it wants,,,because you already have it,,,,you can fuck yourself up then and it only hurts your pocket,,but in the npc level ,,flow of physiqe,, in all aspects,, is EVERYTHING,,the bigger the better only! if it is qualitative <new word? ;)

ok my stomack and quad hurting,,till we meet again homos ;)
fallen angel

Stavios

« Reply #78 on: January 13, 2007, 08:01:25 PM »
Whatever. I'm bigger than most guys that do take steroids.

you are very big, I'll give you that  :)

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #79 on: January 13, 2007, 08:09:07 PM »
Taking a lot of drugs will get you big, but to be a pro, you have to be able to peak on a certain day and get dry, not to mention 12-16 weeks of dieting on low carbs.  Not everybody can endure that. 

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #80 on: January 13, 2007, 10:01:58 PM »
Actually, I was away at the gym.

Not here worshipping bbers.

Do your own research about the anal thing, I'm just pointing out the truth. Gay-4-pay or gay-4-placings is a way fo life for a lot of these guys.

Your mind is made up. Even if I gave you a source, you'd call bullshit. Unless you heard it form the horse's mouth so-to-speak, which isn't going to happen.

Like I said, you keep worshipping your "muscle heroes", thinking nothing's wrong.

No, YOU should do research to back up YOUR claims. If you give me a source, I would believe it if it's reliable.

You are generalizing and accusing all (or most) pros. I just ask that you prove one!

And even if you proved that 3, 5, or 10 pros resort to "Gay-4-pay or gay-4-placings," that would still be statistically insignificant given the amount of pros there are, so you still wouldn't be able to generalize in this manner.

It's basic logic, Giordano. My guess is, that wasn't your best subject at school.

Earl1972

• Getbig V
  • #EarlToo
« Reply #81 on: January 13, 2007, 10:33:04 PM »
Actually, I was away at the gym.

Not here worshipping bbers.

if there was a live bodybuilding show webcast you would've been home on your computer hahahahahaha :D

E
E

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #82 on: January 13, 2007, 11:33:16 PM »
No, YOU should do research to back up YOUR claims. If you give me a source, I would believe it if it's reliable.

You are generalizing and accusing all (or most) pros. I just ask that you prove one!

And even if you proved that 3, 5, or 10 pros resort to "Gay-4-pay or gay-4-placings," that would still be statistically insignificant given the amount of pros there are, so you still wouldn't be able to generalize in this manner.

It's basic logic, Giordano. My guess is, that wasn't your best subject at school.

He CAN prove that there are 4,5 guys that do gay for pay...!

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #83 on: January 13, 2007, 11:50:11 PM »
I know a guy (he lives in Nashville now I think) that supposedly took $15,000 worth of gear in 2005 and couldn't even win the JUNIOR DIVISION at a little local show...$15,000...

GH, insulin, tons of test, sustanon, d-bol, decca...this guy took everything on earth.  Lost his marriage over it. 

Completely out touch with reality.  There comes a time in people's lives that they need to realize that they either do or don't have what it takes to grab ahold of the dream they have.  People learn as they age regarding sports and this reality (football, baseball, basketball, etc.).  Guys in bodybuilding just never learn.

UpTheDosage

• Getbig III
« Reply #84 on: January 14, 2007, 01:47:10 AM »
I love all the sentences that have phrases like, "if i would do this...." "i could of......" "i know a guy who....." "there is this guy i know......" "i used to be awesome, it's too late now...."

Some people just can't swallow their pride and admit they will always look like shit.

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #85 on: January 14, 2007, 01:50:56 AM »
He CAN prove that there are 4,5 guys that do gay for pay...!

And that you do it for free or for charity................. ...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAHA, RON.....

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #86 on: January 14, 2007, 03:38:04 AM »
Pros today do not train hard, they are a disgrace to the glory days of the previous generations.
You're spun my brother if you think they don't have to train hard. To be a pro you HAVE to live the lifestyle. You can't just do a bunch of "roids and win. Bodybuilding is the toughest sport on the face of the planet. You have to train with an intensity that most people will never be able to match, keep your diet strict like nobody would be able to maintain for long, and there's the sacrifices. I personally have sacrificed relationships with family, friends, and turned my back on men beause they could not handle my dedication to the sport. Is there anything you're willing to give every fiber of your being for? Then you'll NEVER be a bodybuilder. Our life is the stage and how we place, that's what we train for, it takes many years and we have to diet for months before every show, To be the top dog. Those of you who have never done it need to just take a back seat and shut the f##k up. I've paid my dues and God willing I'll be doing this for a few more years. Kudos to Chick, Shawn Ray, and others who have pushed the envelope and become an IFBB Pro. That takes a single minded dedication that most people don't have the guts for. I hope to be joining your ranks soon. And I want to give a HIGH FIVE to Heather P! She'll be doing her first pro show at the Arnold. Rock on girl!!!We love you!

avesher

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • Oh Potato, Sleepy Time
« Reply #87 on: January 14, 2007, 03:45:52 AM »
You're spun my brother if you think they don't have to train hard. To be a pro you HAVE to live the lifestyle. You can't just do a bunch of "roids and win. Bodybuilding is the toughest sport on the face of the planet. You have to train with an intensity that most people will never be able to match, keep your diet strict like nobody would be able to maintain for long, and there's the sacrifices. I personally have sacrificed relationships with family, friends, and turned my back on men beause they could not handle my dedication to the sport. Is there anything you're willing to give every fiber of your beng for? Then you'll NEVER be a bodybuilder. Our life is the stage and how we place, that's what we train for, months at a time and diet for, To be the top dog. Those of you who have never done it need to just take a back seat and shut the f##k up. I've paid my dues and God willing I'll be doing this for a few more years.

ahahahaha-shes turned HER back on men--ya that's the way it is--you have turned YOUR back on them.  I mean geez, the way you look they must be hammerin at your door for dates every 10 minutes.  Turned your back--ahahahahaahahhahahah-classic line of all time

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #88 on: January 14, 2007, 03:55:57 AM »
ahahahaha-shes turned HER back on men--ya that's the way it is--you have turned YOUR back on them.  I mean geez, the way you look they must be hammerin at your door for dates every 10 minutes.  Turned your back--ahahahahaahahhahahah-classic line of all time
You are such a cretin...look it up on google if you don't understand, and oh by the way, you're my bitch now until you pull up your game and I allow you on the the Y board...BITCH!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #89 on: January 14, 2007, 04:07:30 AM »
You are such a cretin...look it up on google if you don't understand, and oh by the way, you're my bitch now until you pull up your game and I allow you on the the Y board...BITCH!

Oh, i guess i sense some testosterone induced overreaction and godlike feelings...  ::) :'( :'( :'(

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: January 14, 2007, 05:40:23 AM »
Wrong.

Donkey and horse are TWO different Animals

But you can turn a donkey in to a Juiced donkey'

And you can take a Kentucky Dervy winner in to a loser if racing natural againd juiced ones"

Genetics can only make a difference if you don't need drugs to be a winner.

to be an IFBB PRO you need to do tons of shit.

Semantics....you get the idea.

Really had a hard time understanding your point?  I think you are saying juice levels the playing field, from your words ("Genetics can only make a difference if you don't need drugs to be a winner.")  I still think you are incorrect, if this was true then the guy taking the most juice wouyld be best and win....well we all know thats not the case.  Try again.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #91 on: January 14, 2007, 06:47:57 AM »
I love all the sentences that have phrases like, "if i would do this...." "i could of......" "i know a guy who....." "there is this guy i know......" "i used to be awesome, it's too late now...."

Some people just can't swallow their pride and admit they will always look like shit.

We should all "look like shit" the way I do. ::)

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #92 on: January 14, 2007, 06:49:37 AM »
You're spun my brother if you think they don't have to train hard. To be a pro you HAVE to live the lifestyle. You can't just do a bunch of "roids and win. Bodybuilding is the toughest sport on the face of the planet. You have to train with an intensity that most people will never be able to match, keep your diet strict like nobody would be able to maintain for long, and there's the sacrifices. I personally have sacrificed relationships with family, friends, and turned my back on men beause they could not handle my dedication to the sport. Is there anything you're willing to give every fiber of your being for? Then you'll NEVER be a bodybuilder. Our life is the stage and how we place, that's what we train for, it takes many years and we have to diet for months before every show, To be the top dog. Those of you who have never done it need to just take a back seat and shut the f##k up. I've paid my dues and God willing I'll be doing this for a few more years. Kudos to Chick, Shawn Ray, and others who have pushed the envelope and become an IFBB Pro. That takes a single minded dedication that most people don't have the guts for. I hope to be joining your ranks soon. And I want to give a HIGH FIVE to Heather P! She'll be doing her first pro show at the Arnold. Rock on girl!!!We love you!
u are right..lot's of sacrifices...not everyone willing to make.

columbusdude82

• Getbig V
  • I'm too sexy for my shirt!!!
« Reply #93 on: January 14, 2007, 07:46:21 AM »

Are you saying that "The Egocrusher" will "always look like shit"?

OneManGang

• Getbig IV
« Reply #94 on: January 14, 2007, 08:08:36 AM »
I have to agree with the great Chick. I have absolutely no genetics for bodybuilding.No symmetric, little shape. Hopeless. But I love training with weights and doing sports. Luckily for me I have god gifted insane hip strength which has helped me to participate in the sport of judo at the heighest level possible for my country, but on the beach I can never compete"against the genetic freaks who have only trained weights a fraction of the time I have. Sad but true..genetics play a big role in all sports. You will never be an NBA center if both your parents are 5'2

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #95 on: January 14, 2007, 08:11:52 AM »
I have to agree with the great Chick. I have absolutely no genetics for bodybuilding.No symmetric, little shape. Hopeless. But I love training with weights and doing sports. Luckily for me I have god gifted insane hip strength which has helped me to participate in the sport of judo at the heighest level possible for my country, but on the beach I can never compete"against the genetic freaks who have only trained weights a fraction of the time I have. Sad but true..genetics play a big role in all sports. You will never be an NBA center if both your parents are 5'2
Yeah its true. But i bet you can build great physic that makes chics hot on the beach.
The genetic comes into play when you compete in BBing competition.

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #96 on: January 14, 2007, 09:27:52 AM »
I've never used a damn thing in my life and have a better physique than 95% of the "non-pro's" that post their pics on here.  I'm smart enough to know I'll never be a pro (no desire to).  It's POINTLESS to use all that gear, spending the money and risking your health (not to mention going to jail) if you're not GOING SOMEWHERE in bodybuilding.  Using gear out the wazzoo to win a LOCAL SHOW?  LMAO!!

divcom

• Getbig V
  • The World South of the USA isnt for pussies.
« Reply #97 on: January 14, 2007, 09:29:17 AM »
If you are willing to sacrifice alot for nothing much in return....then yes you can become a pro.  Dont give me this bull about Genetics.  Look at most of the pros off of gear.  They look like sh#t.  Most of them dry up like old f##kin men.  I like Lee and Shawn...and they are the best entertainment on this board, but in the real world they arent even average size men...so no one would be singing praise about the great genetics.  Phil and Flex look good juiced up but they are really skinny average guys. 
Oh...Monica!

kyomu

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • トホカミエミタメ ハラヒタマヒ キヨメタマフ
« Reply #98 on: January 14, 2007, 09:42:18 AM »
I've never used a damn thing in my life and have a better physique than 95% of the "non-pro's" that post their pics on here.  I'm smart enough to know I'll never be a pro (no desire to).  It's POINTLESS to use all that gear, spending the money and risking your health (not to mention going to jail) if you're not GOING SOMEWHERE in bodybuilding.  Using gear out the wazzoo to win a LOCAL SHOW?  LMAO!!
I agree,thats why i am natural too.If you use them,you must compete in top 5 of Olympia.
But,anyway,the life is free to do anything and each person has their point of you.

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #99 on: January 14, 2007, 09:53:40 AM »
Semantics....you get the idea.

I still think you are incorrect, if this was true then the guy taking the most juice wouyld be best and win....well we all know thats not the case.  Try again.

TOPIC  "Could you be an IFBB Pro??????????"

has nothing to do with "if the one who uses more drugs comes as the winner or not."

Now go and eat your powerbar before i slap u around a call u SUSAN!!!