Author Topic: Case #2:"TWEETER" Adonis Principles in Action  (Read 54835 times)

GoneAway

• Getbig V
Re: Case #2: Adonis Principles in Action
« Reply #325 on: February 13, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »
It's the Adonis Principles silly ::)

For every principle, there are rules which you follow to carry out the principle as it was described.

What are the rules you are following?  ;D

shiftedShapes

• Getbig IV
« Reply #326 on: February 13, 2007, 09:13:22 PM »
For every principle, there are rules which you follow to carry out the principle as it was described.

What are the rules you are following?  ;D

he's limiting his caloric intake to 1800 cals per day on average.  Is it really so hard to figure out?

Feigning ignorance is probably the lamest rhetorical tricks. 

I think that you're doing a great job so far Tweeter, making great progress, and in another two weeks people will start to see the truth.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #327 on: February 13, 2007, 09:20:08 PM »
he's limiting his caloric intake to 1800 cals per day on average.  Is it really so hard to figure out?

Feigning ignorance is probably the lamest rhetorical tricks. 

I think that you're doing a great job so far Tweeter, making great progress, and in another two weeks people will start to see the truth.

Oh dear. Sounds like we have another protegee of the Adonis Principles.

I wasn't feigning ignorance, but I couldn't be bothered reading the entire thread to find out one simple answer. Adonis starts a thread to explain a theory and in 30 pages it still goes unexplained. He's a joke... Funny how you're the one who answered but the person I was asking stays quiet. Brutal "Adonis Principles" in full force.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #328 on: February 13, 2007, 09:47:03 PM »
Pretty simple formula.

wampyri

« Reply #329 on: February 14, 2007, 02:19:52 AM »
You say you weight train yet you're already cutting and you don't seem to carry very much muscle I mean we all know that adonis juices so he has some muscle.  Whats your goal is it just to have low BF or are you intending on being a bodybuilder do you know that adding mass to your body in the form of lean muscle will lower your overall BF even at 8% your not gonna look anything like what you want you will just look skinny. Epic cart before horse.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #330 on: February 14, 2007, 06:21:20 AM »
Moreso than how the formula works, I believe that the ultimate result of my phsique through pictures at the end of this process will be the most beneficial to those following this thread. If I keep all my muscle and get ripped, then hopefully it can show other people that they don't have to just eat chicken, rice, and "insert stereotypical bodybuilding food" to get ripped.

Can't argue with that, but the question is: what is it doing to your insides eating candy and sweet food everyday?

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #331 on: February 14, 2007, 06:54:54 AM »
I have always been curious about what consuming massive amounts of protein does do to your insides.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #332 on: February 14, 2007, 07:12:15 AM »
I really do feel fine. You also have to realize that for the most part, I am still eating fairly small servings of these sweets. Previously, I ate the same sweets, just with all the protein added along as well (except of course when dieting). Ice cream is actually quite nutritious; I was talking to this one lady who has a degree in nutrition and she said you can live off eating just ice cream! We, as bodybuilders, have been brainwashed somewhat into the way we think regarding what is healthy. A regular person may ask the question, "what is it doing to your insides eating all that protein?" Just something to think about.

I guess if you feel fine that's all that counts. You're a young guy so not much to worry about healthwise for a while. Sweets probably only affect your teeth, anyway. I have heard red meat can be dangerous for your heart if you eat it more than 4 times a week.

wampyri

« Reply #333 on: February 14, 2007, 10:08:31 AM »
I am just trying to achieve the best physique I can as a natural. While I respect your opinion regarding my physique, I am happy with the amount of muscle I have and want to see how I look once I cut down. I can still try to slowly add mass while staying lean. Also, I don't see how you can accuse Adonis of juicing when you have no proof of this and he has always stood strong in the fact that he is natural.

Ok if you are happy thats all that counts so i can not argue with that by the way Ronnie coleman argues he is a natural.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #334 on: February 14, 2007, 05:03:14 PM »
Ok if you are happy thats all that counts so i can not argue with that by the way Ronnie coleman argues he is a natural.

...natural or legal? I've heard him use the term "legal" to discribe his gear useage.

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #335 on: February 14, 2007, 11:43:00 PM »
why did u eat pop corn, jelly babies. cheese grits and a beer ?

that is counterproductive to muscle growth and would promote fat storage??????
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

D.L. 5

• Getbig IV
  • WILL HARRIS: BRINGING GAY BACK!
« Reply #336 on: February 14, 2007, 11:59:34 PM »
I take it you are not familar with the Adonis Principles huh?

no please enlighten me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D!!!!!!!!!!!!
JAY "OLIVE OIL" CUTLER!

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #337 on: February 15, 2007, 12:23:39 AM »
Looking slim, bro.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #338 on: February 15, 2007, 02:43:56 AM »
looking slimmer, but still no definition.  What are you trying to prove?

BigNBloated

• Getbig III
  • Always bet on Duke.
« Reply #339 on: February 15, 2007, 06:37:44 AM »
Yah, not to bash but i think your going to very dissapointed at the end of this, but havent you been in contest condition before?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • 2010 Olympia Pro Powerlifting Champ
« Reply #340 on: February 15, 2007, 10:08:00 AM »
Tweeter, why are you making the food choices that you are? 
Are you doing it simply as part of the TA case study, or do you really want to shape your eating habits for life this way? 
Is it because it's cheaper and/or easier to eat like this?
:)

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #341 on: February 15, 2007, 10:20:50 AM »
Well, alot of it has to do with what I bought last time I went to the grocery store. Right after TA and I decided to make this thread, I went to the grocery and, excited that I could eat whatever I wanted, I went a little overboard in buying ice cream, candy, etc. I have just about finished all that food and will need to go back to the grocery this weekend; I will shop a little differently this time and you will notice my diet include some more normal, traditional food choices (although I will still indulge some). I think this is something that a lot of people have done when first starting this diet...gotten excited about being about to eat junk food and going a little overboard with it.

Try incorporating some fruit and veggies into your diet...or at least some fiber from somewhere. 
If you're in college and trying to eat cheap, you can still do better than candy and ice cream. 

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #342 on: February 15, 2007, 10:34:34 AM »
Just wondering...what do you guys think my bodyfat is right now? Like 18% - 20%?

Clearly a question that only TA will be able to answer "correctly"  LOL. 
But I wouldn't think you are much over 20% if that.

Are you using any metric at all to guage whether or not you are losing muscle mass?

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #343 on: February 15, 2007, 10:44:48 AM »
None other than the mirror. TA says that laser imaging is really the only way to correctly measure muscle mass. Do you have any other suggestions; how much does it cost to do underwater weighing?

I think TA's right about that.
Dunking's pretty expensive if I recall...to expensive for me anyway.  If you are at a major college or university, they may have a dunk tank there.  I would check with the sports and nutrition departments, maybe health services and see.  You may be able to get a student discount.

Otherwise, I would recommend doing it with calipers and as many skin pinches as possible (7?).  I would also have the SAME person do it every time the SAME way...not you. 
And don't pay attention to the number so much as the trend.  You won't be able to use this method to really, accurately determine whether or not you've lost any muscle, but it helps to give you a better idea.

furn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #344 on: February 15, 2007, 10:45:18 AM »
None other than the mirror. TA says that laser imaging is really the only way to correctly measure muscle mass. Do you have any other suggestions; how much does it cost to do underwater weighing?

Don't pay underwater weighting, it cost too much, think about Accumeasure.  It's accurate with only 1% too much or too less, so even if you're 20% bodyfat, maybe you're 21, maybe you're 19, that's not really important.

furn

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #345 on: February 15, 2007, 10:48:01 AM »
Thanks for the info but what exactly is "Accumeasure"?

A cheap kind of skin caliper, google it : http://www.accumeasurefitness.com/products/index.html

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #346 on: February 15, 2007, 10:56:24 AM »
I will try to get it measured (probably with calipers) as soon as possible because I know people would like to get an idea of how my muscle mass changes along the way. So assuming I am 20 % bodyfat and weight 190 lbs, let's see what I would weight at 5% bodyfat with no muscle loss...

x * 1.2 = 190
x = 190 / 1.2
x = 158.33 (lean body mass)
158.33 * 1.05 = 166.25 lbs

So is this the correct way to calculate this?

Well, 20% of 190 pounds is 38 pounds, which means 152 pounds LBM. 
152 * 1.05 = 159.6 pounds. 
But I'm not sure what the correct way to calculate this is, I always get mixed up. 
Another question for TA to address...he's already suggested that I'm stupid more than once, so I'm certain he has the correct answer.   ;)

Either way, it sounds pretty damn small to me.  How tall are you again? 
And what was your last competition weight?  Presumably you were in the single digits for your competition...

ripitupbaby

• Pros
  • Getbig V
« Reply #347 on: February 15, 2007, 01:38:39 PM »
Ok, I think I have it now; you were almost right...

190*.2=38 (because we want to find what 20% of my current weight is not my LBM)
190-38=152 (LBM)
152+.05x=x ("x" represents my bodyweight with 5% bodyfat; the 5% must be calculated on what that weight will 
                  be rather than my LBM)
x = 160
which is almost exactly the same as what you got.

I was in the mid 170's before I tried to drop water or anything at my last contest, not sure what my bf % was.

I think that's correct.  And you are how tall??

If you were in the mid-170s before dropping water for your last show, my assumption is that you were in the single digits or else you shouldn't be on stage. 
So if you get down to 160 this time around at 5%, I would worry about losing some muscle mass.

Just try to keep an eye on it...TA claims NO MUSCLE lost following this approach.  I'm not sure about that.  How can this be proven anyway??

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #348 on: February 15, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »
I will try to get it measured (probably with calipers) as soon as possible because I know people would like to get an idea of how my muscle mass changes along the way. So assuming I am 20 % bodyfat and weight 190 lbs, let's see what I would weight at 5% bodyfat with no muscle loss...

x * 1.2 = 190
x = 190 / 1.2
x = 158.33 (lean body mass)
158.33 * 1.05 = 166.25 lbs

So is this the correct way to calculate this?

um tweeter the pupil,,my friend,,i have sad news to you,,

if you are 190lb at 20% bodyfat you will be 120lb naturally   at 6%,,there is no need for formulas,,it is simply 1% bf per 5lb loss for natural bodybuilder,,now 5%? you wont see it naturally unless you going for skinny sickly look or have stomack disease,, but 6-7% at 130lb or so is possible if you are real 20% at 190lb,,

then again you are no where near 20% bf you are at the 15-16% zone holding lots of water,,you will be 6% natually at 145-150lb. NATURALLY THAT IS!
fallen angel

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #349 on: February 15, 2007, 02:17:47 PM »
Well, alot of it has to do with what I bought last time I went to the grocery store. Right after TA and I decided to make this thread, I went to the grocery and, excited that I could eat whatever I wanted, I went a little overboard in buying ice cream, candy, etc. I have just about finished all that food and will need to go back to the grocery this weekend; I will shop a little differently this time and you will notice my diet include some more normal, traditional food choices (although I will still indulge some). I think this is something that a lot of people have done when first starting this diet...gotten excited about being about to eat junk food and going a little overboard with it.

Well, if you start eating traditionally healthy food choices, then that's one more step away from TA's diet.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise