Author Topic: Worthless Supplements  (Read 100009 times)

The Jackel

• Getbig IV
  • Eat, Sleep, Train
Worthless Supplements
« on: September 13, 2004, 09:30:08 AM »
Non-recommended Supplements

Cell Tech (over priced)
Muscle Tech (over priced)
HMB
Carb Blockers
Myostatin Inhibitors
NO2 (just get some L-arginine)
Some Thermogenics
Andro Poppers
Most Protein bars
Fizgen ON Cycle HC
1-TU
Z-test
Boldione

Good Supplements

L-arginine
1AD
M1T
Nitrix
Glutamine
BCAA's
Nlarge II

Thanks to Squats Rule for the idea and for all those others who put in.  Also if you see something here you disagree with or know of any other supplements you have tried that are useless or way to expensive for what you get please post.  Also add supplements that you have had good results form.
Get Big  Stay Big

Purge_WTF

Re: Worthless Supplements
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2004, 10:23:18 AM »

Cell Tech
Muscle Tech
HMB
Carb Blockers
Myostatin Inhibitors
NO2
Some Thermogenics
Andro Poppers
Most Protein bars
Fizgen ON Cycle HC
1-TU
Z-test

Good Supplements

L-arginine
1AD
M1T
Nitrix

Thanks to Squats Rule for the idea and for all those others who put in.  Also if you see something here you disagree with or know of any other supplements you have tried that are useless or way to expensive for what you get please post.  Also add supplements that you have had good results form.

I agree with pretty much everything you categorized, although you should've just saved some time by saying that all MuscleTech products are worthless. In terms of the worthwhile products, I'd add Cytodyne (the supplement itself, not the company), Boldione, and N-Large.

Myztikal23

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2004, 03:35:47 PM »
I disagree with NO2 (MRI's NO2 anyways) not working.   I've used it in the past and had great results (although it is very over priced). 
  Nox3 on the otherhand didn't do anything for me.
My 2 cents...

terpsfan

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2004, 09:13:48 PM »
I have actually had very good results with 1TU.  However, I have never tried M1T or 1AD so I have no basis for comparison.

Little_O

« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2004, 10:41:27 PM »
Don't forget Glutamine and BCAA's...they are good supps.

404hp

« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2004, 03:07:38 AM »
I use primarily LA Muscle supps and their Norateen Range and Testosterone Booster ZMAX are awesome.  I have seen a 26lb fat loss and 10lb weight loss in 3 months.

Also, their Protein is the most pure whey I have found.

Check them out on www.lamuscle.com

However, I am sceptical of fat burners as I reckon it is the cadrio you do that burns the fat!! :-*

Kind regards

Ben

wU-sOLdiEr

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2004, 08:21:09 AM »
i just got finished with my bottle of nitro-tech.  i gotta say i results for awhile and after awhile i did see any or much.  i would assume nitro-tech would be under the muscle-tech products.  also im in the market into looking for something new to use.  my goal in weight lifting is to increase my musle volume.  i read some of the articles that you guys have on this site but i lack the knowledge of which protein supplement to take to increase the protein in my body.  a good friend of mine has suggested for me to take musle milk, what do you guys think of that?

MCWAY

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2004, 09:32:31 AM »

Cell Tech
Muscle Tech
HMB
Carb Blockers
Myostatin Inhibitors
NO2
Some Thermogenics
Andro Poppers
Most Protein bars
Fizgen ON Cycle HC
1-TU
Z-test
Boldione

Good Supplements

L-arginine
1AD
M1T
Nitrix
Glutamine
BCAA's

Hmmm...I haven't tried a lot of these supplements. So, I can't comment on them.

Unlike President Purge, I would take the Muscletech supplements off the "Non-Recommended" list. I've used some of their products and they've worked for me. Most of that was from the late 90s, the products in particular that I've used are: Acetabolan, Creatine 6000-ES, and Nortesten.

Those are the supplements of MuscleTech I've used the most. I've dabbled a bit with Anotesten, CELL-TECH, and have tried the occasional NITRO-TECH RTD.

Other good supplements I've used over the years include: N-Large2, Mega Mass 2000, Massive Whey Gainer, SuperHeavyweight Gainer 1200, and Phosphagen HP.

gunnz

• Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2004, 03:15:17 PM »
I agree that Muscle Tech supps are good quality, just way over priced.

Rimbaud

• Getbig V
  • There can be only one.
« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2004, 07:57:15 AM »
I agree that Muscle Tech supps are good quality, just way over priced.

I wouldn't say good quality. I'd say average quality with a huge advertising budget. I think the main reason that they are on the "bad" list is because thet are overpriced & overhyped. There are o many other supplements that will give you the same results for half the cost. I just had the get that off my chest.

Purge_WTF

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2004, 08:29:09 AM »

Hmmm...I haven't tried a lot of these supplements. So, I can't comment on them.

Unlike President Purge, I would take the Muscletech supplements off the "Non-Recommended" list. I've used some of their products and they've worked for me. Most of that was from the late 90s, the products in particular that I've used are: Acetabolan, Creatine 6000-ES, and Nortesten.

Those are the supplements of MuscleTech I've used the most. I've dabbled a bit with Anotesten, CELL-TECH, and have tried the occasional NITRO-TECH RTD.

Other good supplements I've used over the years include: N-Large2, Mega Mass 2000, Massive Whey Gainer, SuperHeavyweight Gainer 1200, and Phosphagen HP.

Hey McWay, being the President of my highly-esteemed faction, I thought I'd share this article with you. I'll post in on the Gossip section too, because this is some funny shit.

http://www.t-nation.com/findArticle.do?article=297tc2   :D

NoCalBbEr

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2004, 01:49:32 PM »
dont forgot Tribulus

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2004, 12:06:28 PM »
on the don't list I'd put any methoxy products and why use crap like kava or valerian when you can pop a real benzo without all the impurities in it and it does a better job?
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2004, 10:52:34 AM »
If our bodies were designed for taking supplements we wouldnt have fruits vegetables and animals full of all the vitamins and minerals our bodies need to live normal lives. If someones has a diffeciancy and his doc says you need extra this or that  in your diet then I understand the need for supplements or medecine. Otherwise if you are healthy why take a chance and f**k with mother nature.

flower

« Reply #14 on: October 07, 2004, 10:56:56 AM »
 That is partly true, but because of the way animals are raised, crops are grown, we have depleted some of the "natural goodness" in our foods.  And along with cooking which can deplete even more.   Eating pasture raised, species appropriate fed animals, along with organic fruits and vegetables can be expensive and hard to find. 

So some supplements are fine and may be good to take. 

Do you have any pets?  By your statements I will take it you are a fellow raw feeder if you do? 

The Jackel

• Getbig IV
  • Eat, Sleep, Train
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2004, 12:39:01 PM »
Flower is right
Get Big  Stay Big

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2004, 02:04:23 PM »
"because of the way animals are raised, crops are grown, we have depleted some of the "natural goodness" in our foods.  And along with cooking which can deplete even more. "

Ok  I'll tell you what. You live on multivitamins and other pills and powders you enjoy ingesting for a year and I will live on fruits veggies and meats for a year and after lets see who has better health. fair enough

flower

« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2004, 04:55:43 PM »

How did we get to "living on multivitamins and supps"?

They are called supplements for a reason. To supplement your diet.  Sometimes it is hard to get everything you need in adequate amounts from food.  You may have to eat alot more food than you can.  So why not take a multivitamin then?  What about women who need more calcium?  I don't want to drink all that milk, dairy bothers my stomach if I have too much, so I should just suffer instead of taking calcium?   

The goal should be to get what you need from real food I agree, but to put all supplements in one category is going to an extreme.

My daily sups are a multivitamin and fish or flax oil, and calcium.  Those are the basics that I think I need.   I don't think I am being supplement happy with those or relying on them instead of food.

and you never answered my pet question?

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2004, 05:57:39 PM »
Like I said if your defficient in certain minerals like calcium and you are lactose intolerant of course I agree in taking calcium in pill form. under Doctor supervision. Iam reffering more to people who replace meals with pills or take all this stuff like glutamin and glucosamin and creatineand growth hormone thinking it will help build muscles faster. You know all the crap you read about in muscle magazines. Did these companies do extensive research before putting them to market. Don't be so naive if you believe its safe just because it sold over the counter or a shmuck in a magazine says it helped him put on 25 pounds of mass. Thats pure horseshit!!!!!

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2004, 06:42:28 PM »
Iam reffering more to people who replace meals with pills or take all this stuff like glutamin and glucosamin and creatineand growth hormone thinking it will help build muscles faster.

Iam not saying its good to replace solid meals with pills, but some of these supplements DO help to build muscle. If you think otherwise, try telling that to my brother who gained 15 pounds of solid muscle on creatine in two weeks.
Team Testosterone

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2004, 07:00:51 PM »
Get real man. What he gained was 15 pounds of mostly water and some muscle and fat.

DMG

• Getbig IV
  • A monster is born...
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2004, 07:27:57 PM »
Get real man. What he gained was 15 pounds of mostly water and some muscle and fat.

Don't even try to give me that bullsh*t. He never lost what he gained from creatine, and he's been off of creatine for close to a year now. If it was water, he would have lost it when he went off, and it certainly wasn't fat, because his bodyfat reading's didn't go up any after he used creatine.
Team Testosterone

Shakh

• Getbig II
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2004, 07:35:06 PM »
Dude Im reffering to the water gain in muscle tissue at the cellular level. And anyone who used creatine only gets those gains when they first start using it After that its a pure waste of money.

H4eafy

• Getbig III
  • I will Stop Procrastinating... Tomorrow
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2004, 03:16:02 PM »
Where would ZMA be?

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2004, 04:49:36 PM »
Flower is correct.

Many supplements are essentially worthless, that is true Shakh.  On the other hand, some supplements are quite effective.

Now, your argument about God providing for everything we need in foods is also somewhat correct.  The problem is that most of the foods we eat today have been stripped of their vitamin and mineral content and therefore robbed of their nutritional value. 

In addition, God gave mankind the ability to think and to be creative.  That great gift provides man the ability to do both constructive and destructive things with his mind.  Products such as effective supplements fall into the constructive side of things in my mind.

w