Author Topic: I'm sure it's a coincidence  (Read 11169 times)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
I'm sure it's a coincidence
« on: February 06, 2007, 01:44:08 PM »
"U.S. to create new military command for Africa"

http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews.aspx?type=politicsNews&storyid=2007-02-06T192242Z_01_WBT006532_RTRUKOC_0_US-USA-PENTAGON-AFRICA.xml

Rank   Country                 Proved reserves (billion barrels)

1.    Saudi Arabia             264.3
2.    Canada                    178.8
3.    Iran                        132.5
4.    Iraq                        115.0
5.    Kuwait                     101.5
6.    United Arab Emirates   97.8
7.    Venezuela                 79.7
8.    Russia                      60.0
9.     Libya                           39.1
10.   Nigeria                        35.9

http://www.infoplease.com/ipa/A0872964.html

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: I'm sure it's a coincidence
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 01:48:34 PM »
Of course not.  Since we went to Saudi Arabia to steal their oil and failed, went to Afghanistan to steal their oil and failed, and went to Iraq to steal their oil and failed, we certainly wouldn't hesitate to try and steal Africa's oil. 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 01:49:01 PM »
Oh, almost forgot...

<< Vice President Richard Cheney highlighted this view in his May 2001 National Energy Policy Report: "West Africa is expected to be one of the fastest-growing sources of oil and gas for the American market." He added, "African oil tends to be of high quality and low in sulfur, making it suitable for stringent refined product requirements, and giving it a growing market share for refining centers on the East Coast of the U.S." >>

http://www.iags.org/es071603.html

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 01:50:17 PM »
Of course not.  Since we went to Saudi Arabia to steal their oil and failed, went to Afghanistan to steal their oil and failed, and went to Iraq to steal their oil and failed, we certainly wouldn't hesitate to try and steal Africa's oil. 

We didn't fail in afghanistan.  Just like in Iraq, it's on course, dear.

Stall til the pipeline is built.  Engage the pricks in the cities while haliburton and KBR build pipeline.  Then back out of cities and guard it.  Manage their oil.

it ain't rocket science, man.  it's grand larceny :)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 01:53:21 PM »
We didn't fail in afghanistan.  Just like in Iraq, it's on course, dear.

Stall til the pipeline is built.  Engage the pricks in the cities while haliburton and KBR build pipeline.  Then back out of cities and guard it.  Manage their oil.

it ain't rocket science, man.  it's grand larceny :)

Whenever my utter pessimism about the fate of humanity starts to flag, I remind myself: "If they're this ruthless about stealing the last oil, what atrocities won't they commit when drinkable water starts to run out?"

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 01:55:21 PM »
Whenever my utter pessimism about the fate of humanity starts to flag, I remind myself: "If they're this ruthless about stealing the last oil, what atrocities won't they commit when drinkable water starts to run out?"

then after that what about when air starts running out?   ;)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »
We didn't fail in afghanistan.  Just like in Iraq, it's on course, dear.

Stall til the pipeline is built.  Engage the pricks in the cities while haliburton and KBR build pipeline.  Then back out of cities and guard it.  Manage their oil.

it ain't rocket science, man.  it's grand larceny :)

The United States government does not control, or profit from, Afghanistan's or Iraq's oil.  So, yes, we failed if our goal was to steal their oil. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 02:20:33 PM »
The United States government does not control, or profit from, Afghanistan's or Iraq's oil. 

We negotiated with the taleban from 95 to 2001 to put in a pipeline.
They agreed then reneged.
We invaded and put in Karzai, an old Bush1 oil associate.
He signed contracts with US firms (hal, KBR and others) for the oil pipeline.

So um... you want to try answering again?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 02:31:23 PM »

Who is "we"?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 02:34:20 PM »
Who is "we"?

Bush1/Cheney actually!

This is what people aren't getting.

The pres in power is a cool position.  but the groups behind it don't leave every 4 years.  Bush1 started in iraq and got us the foothold.  Bush1/Cheney worked during Clinton Admin to set up the energy/gas/oil deal, set to start as repubs took the white house in 01.   Just like the last 6 years, the dems have been planning their deal for 08 (which I'm sure we won't hear about til 08, but has been going on since 01, as everyone knows you don't beat a wartime prez, hence hilary not running)

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 06, 2007, 02:35:08 PM »
The United States government does not control, or profit from, Afghanistan's or Iraq's oil.

Isn't he adorable?  ;D

---------

Proposed Iraq oil law mired in controversy
Sunday, January 28, 2007
By KIM GAMEL Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraqi officials say a hotly debated proposed oil law will not favor Americans but acknowledge that foreign companies will be allowed to take their profits out of the country - an incentive to draw foreign investment.

The Oil Ministry has been struggling for months to reach a compromise over draft legislation to govern Iraq's most important industry and pave the way for much-needed investment and know-how to revitalize the devastated infrastructure. But the measure faces strong objections by ethnic Kurds and concern about American influence in the sector.

Published reports in the Middle East said the proposal would provide for so-called product sharing agreements that would give international oil firms 70 percent of the oil revenues to recover their initial investments and subsequently allow them 20 percent of the profits without any tax or restrictions on transferring funds abroad.

"Without a decisive military victory, the U.S. occupation of Iraq seems to be about to grab its oil prize by establishing a new sharing arrangement," the English-language Yemen Observer said Saturday, echoing a frequent criticism that the U.S.-led invasion was aimed in part at capturing Iraq's oil.

[http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=332795&Category=24]

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2007, 02:36:36 PM »

The actual routing of the pipeline is now going from Iran to Pakistan and then to India and is bypassing Afghanistan.
http://www.telegraphindia.com/1070207/asp/business/story_7360312.asp
Z

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 06, 2007, 02:37:36 PM »
Bush1/Cheney actually!

This is what people aren't getting.

The pres in power is a cool position.  but the groups behind it don't leave every 4 years.  Bush1 started in iraq and got us the foothold.  Bush1/Cheney worked during Clinton Admin to set up the energy/gas/oil deal, set to start as repubs took the white house in 01.   Just like the last 6 years, the dems have been planning their deal for 08 (which I'm sure we won't hear about til 08, but has been going on since 01, as everyone knows you don't beat a wartime prez, hence hilary not running)

Bush and Cheney negotiated with the governments of Afghanistan and Iraq to allow a private U.S. company to "manage" a pipeline?  Sorry.  Not buying.  No proof.  And it doesn't make sense anyway.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2007, 02:39:24 PM »
Isn't he adorable?  ;D

---------

Proposed Iraq oil law mired in controversy
Sunday, January 28, 2007
By KIM GAMEL Associated Press Writer

BAGHDAD, Iraq - Iraqi officials say a hotly debated proposed oil law will not favor Americans but acknowledge that foreign companies will be allowed to take their profits out of the country - an incentive to draw foreign investment.

The Oil Ministry has been struggling for months to reach a compromise over draft legislation to govern Iraq's most important industry and pave the way for much-needed investment and know-how to revitalize the devastated infrastructure. But the measure faces strong objections by ethnic Kurds and concern about American influence in the sector.

Published reports in the Middle East said the proposal would provide for so-called product sharing agreements that would give international oil firms 70 percent of the oil revenues to recover their initial investments and subsequently allow them 20 percent of the profits without any tax or restrictions on transferring funds abroad.

"Without a decisive military victory, the U.S. occupation of Iraq seems to be about to grab its oil prize by establishing a new sharing arrangement," the English-language Yemen Observer said Saturday, echoing a frequent criticism that the U.S.-led invasion was aimed in part at capturing Iraq's oil.

[http://www.cantonrep.com/index.php?ID=332795&Category=24]

Thanks for sharing.   ::)  Yeah.  Certainly shows the U.S. controls Iraq's oil.  I'm convinced.   ::)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2007, 02:40:14 PM »
The actual routing of the pipeline is now going from Iran to Pakistan and then to India and is bypassing Afghanistan.

Uh oh.  Guess we better invade Pakistan and India . . . .

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2007, 02:42:21 PM »
Thanks for sharing.   ::)  Yeah.  Certainly shows the U.S. controls Iraq's oil.  I'm convinced.   ::)

Does this guy ever provide any evidence outside of newspaper clippings from Left-Wing sources?  Does he ever believe anything but the worst of the US?
Thread Killer

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2007, 02:43:41 PM »
Does this guy ever provide any evidence outside of newspaper clippings from Left-Wing sources?  Does he ever believe anything but the worst of the US?

No and No.  I wonder why he lives in the U.S.? 

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2007, 02:44:40 PM »
Guess we better invade Pakistan

Well, Pakistan is harboring bin Laden, isn't it?

Maybe Bush will reverse his policy of not "spending that much time" about the man he charges with murdering 3,000 Americans - who he once vowed to bring to justice "dead or alive".

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2007, 02:44:41 PM »

you're forgetting pakistan, buddy.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2007, 02:46:50 PM »
Does this guy ever provide any evidence outside of newspaper clippings from Left-Wing sources?

Yeah, that Associated Press is a real bunch of bomb-throwers.  ::)

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2007, 02:47:21 PM »
Bush and Cheney negotiated with the governments of Afghanistan and Iraq to allow a private U.S. company to "manage" a pipeline?  Sorry.  Not buying.  No proof.  And it doesn't make sense anyway.  

You know what "doesn't make sense"?

Negotiating with a nation for 6 years for its oil, invading them for an attack, installing a leader from your oil company, putting your oil companies in to drill and build a pipeline, then "picking up the check".

As long as there's a crisis there (war not won), the US manages that oil.  Don't ya think it's a little weird we can beat anyone, anytime, but can't stop a few thou shitty ragtag militias when we have the new govt in?

You're naive to believe honor is involved when there are tens of trillions in sellable oil in play.

a_joker10

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2007, 02:52:01 PM »
you're forgetting pakistan, buddy.

What are you talking about.
That post in no way relates to the present circumstances of what Iran and Pakistan and India want to do.

Also Pakistan is the second country I listed.

India wants oil and it wants Iranian oil. This has nothing to do with your map.

By the way where is that map from.
Z

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2007, 02:52:51 PM »
You know what "doesn't make sense"?

Negotiating with a nation for 6 years for its oil, invading them for an attack, installing a leader from your oil company, putting your oil companies in to drill and build a pipeline, then "picking up the check".

As long as there's a crisis there (war not won), the US manages that oil.  Don't ya think it's a little weird we can beat anyone, anytime, but can't stop a few thou shitty ragtag militias when we have the new govt in?

You're naive to believe honor is involved when there are tens of trillions in sellable oil in play.

Bottom line is we don't own their oil and don't control it.  We pay for it, like everyone else.  That blows up the theory that we invaded to steal their oil.  It makes no sense.

And regarding "managing the pipeline," you have already admitted you don't know anything about these "secret" contracts.  You cannot rationally discuss/debate a contract you know nothing about or claim we went to war so a private U.S. company could obtain this "secret" contract.  

Feels like I've said this before.   :-\    

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2007, 02:55:18 PM »
No and No.  I wonder why he lives in the U.S.? 

there are plenty of self-loathing Americans

f'em

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2007, 02:56:33 PM »
Bottom line is we don't own their oil and don't control it.  We pay for it, like everyone else.  That blows up the theory that we invaded to steal their oil.  It makes no sense.

And regarding "managing the pipeline," you have already admitted you don't know anything about these "secret" contracts.  You cannot rationally discuss/debate a contract you know nothing about or claim we went to war so a private U.S. company could obtain this "secret" contract.  

Feels like I've said this before.   :-\    

As if the facts actually matter in 240's imaginary world of crazed evil US domination and repression.  Some people will believe whatever they want, rather than letting the facts make up their mind for them.  Again, if this is a war for oil, we're losing badly.  Is fuel getting any cheaper for anyone here?
Thread Killer